crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Okay..............

Stash Buster Tote # 4.... in a collection of over a dozen totes.

This one is for my Aunt. She's the one that taught me to crochet and knit when I was 7yrs old. She loves lots of colors... she collects crayola items... she loves seeing all the colors in a box of crayons. So... I thought this would be perfect for her! Her and my Uncle are in town this weekend visiting... I'll be having breakfast with them tomorrow.. so I'll give this to her. I sure hope she likes it....... :D

This picture doesnt show all the colors really true to what they are...........

[ATTACH]39900[/ATTACH]

This one is better......... took the tote outside ...........

[ATTACH]39901[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

:lurk but I must come out to say that I really like this one!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay..............

This one is for my Aunt. She's the one that taught me to crochet and knit when I was 7yrs old. She loves lots of colors... she collects crayola items... she loves seeing all the colors in a box of crayons. So... I thought this would be perfect for her! Her and my Uncle are in town this weekend visiting... I'll be having breakfast with them tomorrow.. so I'll give this to her. I sure hope she likes it....... :D

[ATTACH]39900[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39901[/ATTACH]

This is beautiful! Love it. I'm sure your aunt will too! :manyheart

I have a couple questions for you tote gals. First, when you are making the 2 stranded tote, do you get 2 skeins of the solid to pull from or do you pull from both ends of one skein? Second, how come my totes don't lay flat? Mine curv or bow when I try to lay them flat. When I set them open they are perfect but when I fold in half and lay flat, more of an arch. :think

Today has been a busy day. Mowed the yard, posted my platypus pattern, worked the horses. Got to ride my horse... first time in a long time what with the bad winter and then flooding we've had. Sunshine and eighties today. It was really humid and hot feeling but at least no storms. :clap

Adding to my tote list, I've decided to make a tote for the silent auction for the horse rescue mine came from. They are having a trail ride/silent auction next month to raise funds so I'm thinking a tote and maybe some little horses.

Hope you all had a good day. :hug

I'm sure your aunt will love it, it really does look like a box of crayons. Very nice.

It sure does- I love it!!! Tammy, your aunt is going to be so excited when she sees this beauty!

Stephanie- Mine don't lie perfectly flat either. As far as the SBT, if I have 2 skeins of the same color I'm using, than I use both- other wise, if I only have 1 skein, I use one strand from the end of the skein and the other strand from the outside of the skein.

I started a Granny Go Round- and am up to row 13. Funny thing, I was finished row 12 and then started what I thought was row 13....but was really row 14!!I was reading the directions and it says dc in ch 1 and I'm thinking to myself- what chain 1?? :think Couldn't figure it out and then I realized I hadn't done row 13 which has a ch 1 in it! :eek Time for me to go back to the RR so I don't have to think anymore tonight!!!:lol

Okay..............

[ATTACH]39900[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39901[/ATTACH]

Love it!!!!! I'm sure your aunt will too :yes:clap

Beautiful! It reminds me of a rainbow :)

This is beautiful! Love it. I'm sure your aunt will too! :manyheart

I have a couple questions for you tote gals. First, when you are making the 2 stranded tote, do you get 2 skeins of the solid to pull from or do you pull from both ends of one skein? Second, how come my totes don't lay flat? Mine curv or bow when I try to lay them flat. When I set them open they are perfect but when I fold in half and lay flat, more of an arch. :think

If I have 2 skeins of the same color I'll pull from both skeins. Otherwise I make 2 balls out of 1 skein and use those. Mine also have that curve to the sides when I lay them flat.

It's official, I've lost it......insanity has set in! That's what a quick trip to my family does to me!

Sorry to confuse everyone!

kuddles

Family can have that affect on people! :eek

:yarn

We just got home from having dinner and going to the movies (saw Fast Five). Brought home a new kitty condo and set it up. Penny's having a blast with it. It took maybe 2 minutes to put it all together, its made with plastic tubing and joints, some mesh hammocks, and a 2 story tube. Psycho's not sure yet what she thinks, but that could be because Penny was already inside it when I brought Psycho out to see it.

Haven't crocheted in a couple days, well haven't crocheted really since I about knocked myself out on Tuesday. I'm still having some motor/reflex functioning issues. Most of which is evident when I'm trying to text or type. It's taking longer to get the words out and I have to keep fixing my errors (keep switching letters around). But the pressure headache finally calmed down enough and I'm on the mend I think. If I'm not better by Tuesday I'll call around to my various doctors to see who can get me in.

I want to crochet :crocheting more without having issues making my hands work the yarn and hook!!

I think you need a :hug

Hugs to all who need them! Sorry to hear about leaky roofs, broken-down washing machines, and injured turtles!:hug

Bummer on the washer :angry That is totally annoying and things always know the 'best' time to cause trouble :think Good luck with the open house.

Hugs to all that need them this morning! So much going on with appliances, roofs, turtles, kids, pets, etc.....so here ya go :hug

:(:hug

:turtle:vheart

Thank you everyone!! :) I appreciate all the hugs! My son (who is graduating and generally has a "magic touch" to anything broken) looked at the washer and couldn't determine what the problem is. My former neighbor is supposedly a "whiz" at fixing washing machines, so hopefully he is available sometime soon to take a look at it. In the meantime, we've (actually mostly my DH) just been going to the laundromat, which happens more often than I'd like due to the fact that there are six of us... LOL We just bought the washer used about a year ago, but only paid $30 for it so we've definitely gotten our $$$ out of it!

The open house was today, and it was a hit! I had so many people helping me out - it was incredible! Even with the rain (yes, we had rain - again. I know, you're all :eek but it's true!) everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Tomorrow is graduation, so I'll be bawling my eyes out, I'm sure! :lol That is my job, right? :yes

Good Morning! :hug to all in need!! And so sorry to hear about leaking roofs, turtles in need and uncooperating washing machines.

I've been working on a purse the past couple of days. It shouldn't have taken me so long, but yesterday we got our new family member, Sampson the puggle and I kinda haven't paid attention to the pattern much. Had to frog it twice. Oops.

Time to go start the day. (Took today off to connect with Samson.) Hope everyone has a great, painfree day!

I hope you had a wonderful time with the newest member of your household! :D Sounds like it was time well-spent... well, except for the frogging part... :lol

Just found this cal--have the "stress buster" pattern and hope to start it soon. I've not been on here much--Sue knows the story of our moves (yes, moves). We moved the first time on March 26 but the house had no electricity and never could get the landlord to fix it, so we moved out on Apr 30 (never stayed in the house but our stuff was there), moved stuff to storage until we could find another house. Found one on May 3 and had to wait to move in because the renters were buying a house. Once they got out and we could move in, DH was sent to work in Georgia with the tornado recovery. Once he got back, we moved in but I still have boxes every where.

I did find my boxes marked "yarn" and "afghan and yarn", so I will move them out tonight and start a tote. I really love all the totes I've seen here, you ladies do beautiful work!!

Ugh! This is reminiscent for me of a short period of my life that happened about 18 years ago... My story is slightly different, but I can so relate to living out of boxes and moving within short time spans. It's no fun!! :no

:waving Hope everyone is having a great day!!!Atleast today the meds are taking affect and I can breath always good thing. Tonight is our paranormal group doing investigation at a warehouse so that ought to be fun for them I am not going since I am sick lol dont need my hackin on tape but the one guy has a new camera so I have to atleast check that out:ghost

have a great night!!

So glad the meds are working!!! Sounds like a fun hobby - hope you had a good time!! :D

Hey everyone! Yup, I'm up bright and early again today! Just can't sleep these days. I did get some work done on the baby blanket yesterday, but can you say :frog. Mmm,hmmm! Got about 14 rows in when I noticed that it was growing and not in the right way! UGH! Back to row 3 and I'm now to where I was when I left off. What a wasted day! Oh, well, I should learn to pay better attention. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with all the pain meds I'm on! :rofl Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Happy Hooking!

Aw, man! :( Sorry to hear about your trip to the pond, but glad you're back on the straight and narrow now!! LOL :hug

Finished the cotton Heart Strings last night and the felted one is all dry.

Cotton

[ATTACH]39875[/ATTACH]

Felted

[ATTACH]39876[/ATTACH]

Cotton, WW, felted

[ATTACH]39877[/ATTACH]

AWESOME!! I can see the hearts fine in the felted one, and it's so CUTE! I love it! They are all great!! :) I hope you're doing better now... :hug

well I get to work all weekend so no crocheting for me :( and to top it off, they decided to switch my unit I work on so instead of the sub-acute rehab and having 12-14 pts. I had 57 long term care patients last night. and I guess I am pulled for the next while and not going back to the rehab unit. :angry I am way not happy and very frustrated right now. I just got used to the rehab unit and had a system down and now I know nothing. I could actually cry just thinking about having to go back tonight.

Ick. Here, maybe this will help - :hug I sure know how it feels to hate the idea of going to work - I sure hope something better comes your way!!! :D

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Wanted to pop in real quick before we head off to my youngest ones baseball game.

I will post a pic later of a couple totes... one is a test.. and one is my latest Stash Buster..... but I can show off this little cutie that I made yesterday on the drive to my 15yr olds ball game.

This is going to a really sweet lady's little girl! I sure hope she likes it! :D

[ATTACH]39880[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]39879[/ATTACH]

okay... off to the game... back later with other pics.

have a GREAT day everyone!!!! :hug

Oh, Tam, that is so cute!! I'm sure she'll love it!! :D

It's official, I've lost it......insanity has set in! That's what a quick trip to my family does to me!

Sorry to confuse everyone!

kuddles

Yeah, well, family and having kids...

I calculated this up the other day - I figure you lose about 20% of your sanity with each child... So with one child, you're doing okay as you should still be about 80% sane. But that drops with each additional child. So, for me, a mother of 4, I started out 100% sane (yeah, that's my story & I'm sticking to it!!! :lol) and after I had my first child, I lost 20% of my sanity... so now I'm 80% sane. Then, after my second child was born, I lost 20% of my remaining sanity... that knocked me down another 16% to 64% sanity... then I had a third child, knocking 20% off my 64%, taking me down to 51.2% sane - but still over half. (Barely.) Then, I had to go ahead and have a fourth child... taking 20% off the narrow margin I had left above the half-way mark... and I figure by now I'm officially at least 59.04% crazy - which leaves me only 40.96% sane. Oh, and none of my kids has moved out and then moved back in, so I'm holding onto that 40.96% with all I've got left!!! Bwahahahahahaha... :lol Best wishes to any and all that have more kids than I do, and/or that have kids that moved back home (especially if they brought little ones with them - that zaps your sanity even faster - I think!)

Okay..............

[ATTACH]39900[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39901[/ATTACH]

BEAUTIFUL!! My youngest would LOVE this - he's a HUGE rainbow fan!! :D

Family can have that affect on people! :eek

:yarn

Haven't crocheted in a couple days, well haven't crocheted really since I about knocked myself out on Tuesday. I'm still having some motor/reflex functioning issues. Most of which is evident when I'm trying to text or type. It's taking longer to get the words out and I have to keep fixing my errors (keep switching letters around). But the pressure headache finally calmed down enough and I'm on the mend I think. If I'm not better by Tuesday I'll call around to my various doctors to see who can get me in.

I want to crochet :crocheting more without having issues making my hands work the yarn and hook!!

Glad to hear the pain is subsiding (although I wish it would hurry up just a little) but dang - motor function issues? Ugh! :hug :hug I sure hope it clears up!!

Okay gang - gotta hit the hay. Just wanted to pop in and get caught up - hadn't had the chance to get on here since yesterday sometime since I was busy with open house prep...

:hug all around!!

:manyheart

Okay..............

[ATTACH]39900[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39901[/ATTACH]

It;s beautiful! I'm sure she is going to love it!

I've always used 2 skeins. I've thought about trying both ends of one skein though. My totes don't lay flat either, they have that arch.

I started a Granny Go Round- and am up to row 13. Funny thing, I was finished row 12 and then started what I thought was row 13....but was really row 14!!I was reading the directions and it says dc in ch 1 and I'm thinking to myself- what chain 1?? :think Couldn't figure it out and then I realized I hadn't done row 13 which as a ch 1 in it! :eek Time for me to go back to the RR so I don't have to think anymore tonight!!!:lol

Oops, don't want to visit the frog pond! :lol

We just got home from having dinner and going to the movies (saw Fast Five). Brought home a new kitty condo and set it up. Penny's having a blast with it. It took maybe 2 minutes to put it all together, its made with plastic tubing and joints, some mesh hammocks, and a 2 story tube. Psycho's not sure yet what she thinks, but that could be because Penny was already inside it when I brought Psycho out to see it.

:hug I'm glad that the headache has calmed down, but hope the motor function issues get back to normal soon too! :hug

Thank you everyone!! :) I appreciate all the hugs! My son (who is graduating and generally has a "magic touch" to anything broken) looked at the washer and couldn't determine what the problem is. My former neighbor is supposedly a "whiz" at fixing washing machines, so hopefully he is available sometime soon to take a look at it. In the meantime, we've (actually mostly my DH) just been going to the laundromat, which happens more often than I'd like due to the fact that there are six of us... LOL We just bought the washer used about a year ago, but only paid $30 for it so we've definitely gotten our $$$ out of it!

The open house was today, and it was a hit! I had so many people helping me out - it was incredible! Even with the rain (yes, we had rain - again. I know, you're all :eek but it's true!) everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Tomorrow is graduation, so I'll be bawling my eyes out, I'm sure! :lol That is my job, right? :yes

Hope your neighbor can figure out the problem with the washer. I hate going to the laundromat! Bleh! Hurray for the open house! :cheerAnd graduation! :cheerYes, you will be bawling your eyes out, but it is a good thing! :hug

Good Morning Ladies!

I actually got to sleep in until 5am today! :cheer Boy did that feel nice! I don't know what I'm up to today, but thought I'd stop in to say "hello". We don't have any plans since it's a regular work day for DH. He'll be home soon and be wanting to get some sleep. I'll probably be working on the baby blanket. I'm about 1/2 way done! :) I get bored easily though so I might need another project to work on in between, hmmm, something like maybe a tote! :lol Have a wonderful day everyone!

We just got home from having dinner and going to the movies (saw Fast Five). Brought home a new kitty condo and set it up. Penny's having a blast with it. It took maybe 2 minutes to put it all together, its made with plastic tubing and joints, some mesh hammocks, and a 2 story tube. Psycho's not sure yet what she thinks, but that could be because Penny was already inside it when I brought Psycho out to see it. Hope Psycho got to try out the kitty condo too!

Hope that you are feeling a bit better, and glad to hear that the pressure headache has finally calmed down. Good idea to see the doctor Tuesday if you are still having those motor/reflex functioning issues:hug

Yeah, well, family and having kids...

I calculated this up the other day - I figure you lose about 20% of your sanity with each child... So with one child, you're doing okay as you should still be about 80% sane. But that drops with each additional child. So, for me, a mother of 4, I started out 100% sane (yeah, that's my story & I'm sticking to it!!! :lol) and after I had my first child, I lost 20% of my sanity... so now I'm 80% sane. Then, after my second child was born, I lost 20% of my remaining sanity... that knocked me down another 16% to 64% sanity... then I had a third child, knocking 20% off my 64%, taking me down to 51.2% sane - but still over half. (Barely.) Then, I had to go ahead and have a fourth child... taking 20% off the narrow margin I had left above the half-way mark... and I figure by now I'm officially at least 59.04% crazy - which leaves me only 40.96% sane. Oh, and none of my kids has moved out and then moved back in, so I'm holding onto that 40.96% with all I've got left!!! Bwahahahahahaha... :lol Best wishes to any and all that have more kids than I do, and/or that have kids that moved back home (especially if they brought little ones with them - that zaps your sanity even faster - I think!)

Since I had 3 daughters, that brings me "down to 51.2% sane - but still over half. (Barely.)" Whew! At least I'm over half sane!!!!:lol

Okay gang - gotta hit the hay. Just wanted to pop in and get caught up - hadn't had the chance to get on here since yesterday sometime since I was busy with open house prep...

Glad to hear the open house was a success!!! Have a wonderful time at the graduation!!! And yes, it's ok to bawl your eyes out!!! Enjoy!!!!

I

Oops, don't want to visit the frog pond! :lolNo I don't!!!!:lol

Good Morning Ladies!

I actually got to sleep in until 5am today! :cheer Boy did that feel nice! I don't know what I'm up to today, but thought I'd stop in to say "hello". We don't have any plans since it's a regular work day for DH. He'll be home soon and be wanting to get some sleep. I'll probably be working on the baby blanket. I'm about 1/2 way done! :) I get bored easily though so I might need another project to work on in between, hmmm, something like maybe a tote! :lol Have a wonderful day everyone!

Have a great day!!! I was woken up at 3AM by the neighbors kids and friends ( late teens/early 20's?) down the street-outside yapping up a storm- and since the AC isn't functioning right, I had the bedroom windows open!!! Luckily was able to fall back to sleep and got up again at my usual 5:30~

WTG on the baby blanket- :clapI figure I'm about 1/2 way done too, but then needed the distraction of a tote- so onto the granny go-round I went!!!:yes Hoping to finish it today---but I must say that at least for me, the SBT is still my favorite- it goes quicker with the two strands of yarn!!!:hook

Have a good day all!!!

Okay..............

I am in :manyheart with this tote! Outstanding!

kuddles

Good Morning fellow addicts! :manyheart Here is to a fantastic Sunday? Any big plans?

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Wanted to pop in real quick before we head off to my youngest ones baseball game.

I will post a pic later of a couple totes... one is a test.. and one is my latest Stash Buster..... but I can show off this little cutie that I made yesterday on the drive to my 15yr olds ball game.

This is going to a really sweet lady's little girl! I sure hope she likes it! :D

[ATTACH]39880[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]39879[/ATTACH]

okay... off to the game... back later with other pics.

have a GREAT day everyone!!!! :hug

Love the flower tote! :cheer

Enjoy the beach and time with your son's gf! Sounds like a wonderful day!

It was a great day! We got to connect a little more and share our first sunburn together.:sun

It's hot/sunny/summer weather here today- and my central AC is not working great. Guy is coming on Tuesday morning- At downstairs where I sit and crochet is definitely bearable and we do have ceiling fans upstairs.

:hot Crochet and no A/C is tough. Make some little projects..like totes!!:devil

:hug to all that need them! and happy WET Friday (here at least).

kuddles

Friday? I really hope it's Saturday or else I'm in big trouble at work!

Holy Cr............it's friday somewhere, but nope, not here! Boy am I off!

(In more ways than one!)

kuddles

thanks for clearing this up. Otherwise I might have taken another day off of work thinking an extra day was there. :lol

Okay..............

[ATTACH]39900[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39901[/ATTACH]

OMG! Love the crayon colors! I bet she fell in love with it. :c9

Normally I use 2 3oz skeins of the same color. The one I'll be starting today, there is one 7 oz skein, so it will be made into two smaller balls.

New kitty?? Pic please ~ love seeing new family members.:manyheart

I hope you had a wonderful time with the newest member of your household! :D Sounds like it was time well-spent... well, except for the frogging part... :lol

Busy, busy weekend for you. Go ahead and bawl. Not only is it a requirement of being a parent, but you've earned it. All those years of blood and sweat? Yes, momma, you have definately earned it :hug

Love this new dog. He is perfect for our family.

Time to go check a few more threads then get ready for church. Since Sue and I won't be shopping today, :( I'll feel her presence by starting another SBT in shades of purple. :hug

Very rough couple days at work. I won't get into it. But I'm still checking in, just being quiet.

:hug to everyone.

:hug:hug and to YOU honey! Stay as quiet as you need to, your 'family' will be here upon your return! Love ya!

kuddles

Sue-:hug sorry you had a rough couple of days!:hug Kuddles is right- we'll still be here when you feel up to chatting again.

Jana- You surely will feel Sue's presence by making another SBT!!! I am so grateful for this wonderful pattern!!!

Kuddles- Hope you have a great day!

It's a gloriously sunny (going to be hot) day here and despite the lack of AC, it sure beats rain any day of the week (unless you haven't had rain in eons like in Fl)

Going to work some more on the Granny- Go Round- but I hear another SBT calling my name!!!:lol

Time to go check a few more threads then get ready for church. Since Sue and I won't be shopping today, :( I'll feel her presence by starting another SBT in shades of purple. :hug

:( Sorry I canceled on you. Just not in the mood. :(:hug

:hug:hug and to YOU honey! Stay as quiet as you need to, your 'family' will be here upon your return! Love ya!

kuddles

Thanks Mama. :hug

Sue-:hug sorry you had a rough couple of days!:hug Kuddles is right- we'll still be here when you feel up to chatting again.

They have been rough. Not enough hands to help. Didn't get out of work until after 6 last night, suppose to leave at 4. Thank God I had my volunteer (Kristen). She stayed with me until it was done. I owe her big time! I need a vacation BAD! 2 more weeks.

Have a great day!!! I was woken up at 3AM by the neighbors kids and friends ( late teens/early 20's?) down the street-outside yapping up a storm- and since the AC isn't functioning right, I had the bedroom windows open!!! Luckily was able to fall back to sleep and got up again at my usual 5:30~

WTG on the baby blanket- :clapI figure I'm about 1/2 way done too, but then needed the distraction of a tote- so onto the granny go-round I went!!!:yes Hoping to finish it today---but I must say that at least for me, the SBT is still my favorite- it goes quicker with the two strands of yarn!!!:hook

Have a good day all!!!

3AM! Yikes! They must have been loud! Luckily our neighbors are far enough away that even with the windows open we usually can't hear them! :)

WTG on the RR and tote! I feel an SBT coming on too! :lol I've been working on the ghan some more but it keeps putting me to sleep! Every other row is sc and I find myself dozing off! :sleep

Hi Everybody..Thank you feeling better!!Beatiful Tote of the colors of crayons!!

Glad your feeling better!

It was a great day! We got to connect a little more and share our first sunburn together.:sun

Glad you enjoyed the beach! Now watch that sunburn! Looking forward to seeing the new SBT!!! :cheer

Very rough couple days at work. I won't get into it. But I'm still checking in, just being quiet.

:hug to everyone.

:hug:hug:hug

Just a quick stop to say good morning, but on my way out the door so will be back later :hug

Howdy!

Just dropping in to say a quick hello.

Skimmed through the posts, and noticed that Crabbyrat is pretty good at math, even if she is officially more than half crazy!!

Hope every one is having a good day.

Sue- Sure does sound like you need a vacation!!! I hate when I get stuck at work!!We always seem to be working short-handed - between staffing be short, and then people calling out- well---let's just say- I'm glad I'm off again tomorrow!!

I put the Granny-Go-Round tote away- I was working on Row 13 where I have to concentrate- Dh kept talking to me- and I was finding it very difficult to keep my place, count and then listen to him. So I started another SBT!!!

Sue- Sure does sound like you need a vacation!!! I hate when I get stuck at work!!We always seem to be working short-handed - between staffing be short, and then people calling out- well---let's just say- I'm glad I'm off again tomorrow!!

I put the Granny-Go-Round tote away- I was working on Row 13 where I have to concentrate- Dh kept talking to me- and I was finding it very difficult to keep my place, count and then listen to him. So I started another SBT!!!

I'm off tomorrow and Tuesday. :)

I have a "SHHH! I'm counting face." :lol

:hug to all. ill admit i was here earlier and just didnt post. i had a DUH moment when i saw teakaycees rainbow tote as i have made one almost IDENTICAL. being half asleep i looked and was like ok i know i didnt post that tote then looked again and it wasnt mine ... LOVELY tote! all the totes are gorgeous! im still trying to wrap my head round one i wanna make for DH :think

Archived