crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

:cheerCame out great!

Thanks, things are scary, but so far so good. There is 1 fatality reported so far

He's still yapping away!:lol He's all worked up over the weather, can't blame him this time. I'm a bit nervous too! And yes, I have been getting some :crocheting time in! :lol I've been making mini totes for my granddaughters!

Ok ladies got to go, the skies are rumbling again and it's might greenish looking out there! :eek Joanne, I'm sure that DD is fine! Hope you can reach her by e-mail soon. Our power keep flickering on/off. :hug

Glad u are ok. I just got an email from my DD and she made it home from work ok. She said the air pressure was weird all day. And that at least now she has a basement to go to. I know she is hoping the power stays on cause it's bruins time!!!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have fun planning zoo trips. It's really sticky still so I think after the first period of the hockey game is over I,m heading in the shower. Then going to have some ice cream. Coffee ice cream. Yum

Thank you so much everyone!! :D

You don't sound like you're complaining to me... whining maybe. :lol Hahaha! I can't handle the heat and humidity well either - we had enough over the past two days for me, I'm very happy it cooled back off today and gave me a break! :D

Ah, I didn't know there was a zoo in Grand Rapids! I'll have to check that one out, too - it's a bit of a drive, but that's okay if it's worth it. Zoos might be the only vacation we take this year! LOL Of course, if we check out the Grand Rapids zoo, there is no excuse not to check out the Indianapolis zoo since it's about the same difference for us distance-wise... and then there's gotta be a good one in Chicago... :yay So much to check out & plan! :yes

Oh, I forgot about Chicago. We've been to the Brookfield Zoo there. its a nice day trip from here, 2 1/2 to 3 hours drive.

Have fun planning zoo trips. It's really sticky still so I think after the first period of the hockey game is over I,m heading in the shower. Then going to have some ice cream. Coffee ice cream. Yum

Yum! :) Sounds like a good plan to me! :cheer

Good morning!

Seems like the humidity broke with some storms that passed through:clap I sure hope it lasts like this- much more bearable!!!

Ann- Hope that there were no more storms/tornadoes and that your power stayed on! Watched the Bruins lose to the Canucks (at the very end of the game no less):( I'm sure DD is not happy!! I'll have to call her at work today since she won't have her new phone till tomorrow or Saturday.

Marisa- Can't wait to see a pic of the SBT if you get chance to post the pic before work today!

Enjoy your day everyone! :hook

Good morning ladies :coffee

As promised, here is my sbt :clap Bright and cheery :yes I can't believe it's morning already :eek I'm anticipating another busy day :sigh

Hope you all have a wonderful day :hug I'll probably be lurking around a bit until it's time to leave for work :think

post-36814-135897663992_thumb.jpg

Glad u are ok. I just got an email from my DD and she made it home from work ok. She said the air pressure was weird all day. And that at least now she has a basement to go to. I know she is hoping the power stays on cause it's bruins time!!!

Glad to hear that your daughter is safe! Yes, the air pressure was very weird. It is beautiful out today! OMG! I totally forgot about the Bruins! :eek

Just finished my sbt....now heading upstairs. Will try to post a pic in the morning :xfin

:cheer

Good morning!

Seems like the humidity broke with some storms that passed through:clap I sure hope it lasts like this- much more bearable!!!

Ann- Hope that there were no more storms/tornadoes and that your power stayed on! Watched the Bruins lose to the Canucks (at the very end of the game no less):( I'm sure DD is not happy!! I'll have to call her at work today since she won't have her new phone till tomorrow or Saturday.

Marisa- Can't wait to see a pic of the SBT if you get chance to post the pic before work today!

Enjoy your day everyone! :hook

Well, looks like it didn't matter that I forgot about the Bruins, lol, darn them! Bet it was a good game though! Hope you have a good day in Paradise!

Hi all! Leaving this afternoon for our little vaca.......make sure you all behave while Mama is gone!

kuddles

Have a wonderful vacation! :hug

Morning Everyone! It's a glorious sunny morning today! Hard to tell that such a destructive storm went through. Of course, if you look at the news, you'll see all the destruction. Boy, did some of the towns get hit hard. It is so sad. Four people have died and many more have been hurt. I just don't know how you folks in the south go through this all the time. :( On a positive note, I've got SBT #4 planned in my head. Will try to work on it today and see if I like the color combo! Have a wonderful day! :hug

Way to go Sue on your job, doing the happy mountain clog dance for you :cheer

Thanks Toni! :hug

To be honest, I'm having a tough time without the AC--it's sapping all my energy---so much so that I think I may just be caling it an early night- and just watching the hockey game without any crochet in hand- that is unless it cools off tonight when the sun sets. But with the humidity- who knows? Hope I don't sound like I'm complaining---I just don't do heat well!!!

Just imagine yourself sitting on the ice! :)

Hi all! Leaving this afternoon for our little vaca.......make sure you all behave while Mama is gone!

kuddles

Maybe we should tell YOU to behave. :lol

As promised, here is my sbt :clap Bright and cheery :yes I can't believe it's morning already :eek I'm anticipating another busy day :sigh

Hope you all have a wonderful day :hug I'll probably be lurking around a bit until it's time to leave for work :think

Love it!! You have a wonderful day too! :hug

:turtle:vheart

Oh, that is sooooo pretty! It is nice and cheery! Just what I needed to see this morning! :cheer

kuddles

Have fun!!!

Love the bright/cheery colors :clap

Here's what I was working on yesterday during the storm. I was making little mini totes for my granddaughters! I used Tam's wonderful pattern! Thanks Tam! :hug Now all the girls will get a tote when I visit this weekend! :cheer

post-16860-135897664018_thumb.jpg

Thanks ladies for your wonderful compliments :hug :hug

Here's what I was working on yesterday during the storm. I was making little mini totes for my granddaughters! I used Tam's wonderful pattern! Thanks Tam! :hug Now all the girls will get a tote when I visit this weekend! :cheer

Absolutely adorable, great idea :manyheart

Gotta get ready to head out to work :sigh

kuddles

:clap:hugHave a good time ..won't say won't behave:lol

:clapLove it!!

:clapgreat looking

having coffee and waiting to go over help my neighbor by taking off his bandages and putting on some fresh ones.. has sores that opened up on his leg.atleast I got him to go to the doctors to get them looked at by scarin the .... out of him :lol

Have a good day and free from bad weather:hug

Very nice! Love the pattern it made.

kuddles

Be safe and have fun.

Morning Everyone! It's a glorious sunny morning today! Hard to tell that such a destructive storm went through. Of course, if you look at the news, you'll see all the destruction. Boy, did some of the towns get hit hard. It is so sad. Four people have died and many more have been hurt. I just don't know how you folks in the south go through this all the time. :( On a positive note, I've got SBT #4 planned in my head. Will try to work on it today and see if I like the color combo! Have a wonderful day! :hug

So glad you're safe. Prayers for all those affected.

These are cute! May just have to make one for my niece.

having coffee and waiting to go over help my neighbor by taking off his bandages and putting on some fresh ones.. has sores that opened up on his leg.atleast I got him to go to the doctors to get them looked at by scarin the .... out of him :lol

Have a good day and free from bad weather:hug

Glad you got him to go to the drs. sores can infect quickly. Have a good day as well.

BEAUTIFUL!!! :yay Love the bright colors!

Those are adorable! I'll have to see about doing some of those... too cute!! :yes

I'm glad to hear the storms are through and for the most part everyone is okay - I agree with you, Ann - we don't get many storms like those here where I live, and I wouldn't like being in an area where they are so commonplace! My hubby and I have talked before about possible moving here or there, one of the places he mentioned was Lincoln, Nebraska - he's been there before and thought it was beautiful. An online friend of mine lives in Omaha, and she had literally mountains of snow this past winter - that was one thing that I pointed out to him... then, this spring with all the ferocious storms making their way through the area... I think we've decided visiting the area rather than living there is closer to our speed!! :)

I'm off to prepare a picnic lunch for the kids & I - they are winding down the school year today and I thought a picnic lunch at the park would be fun! Have a great afternoon everyone!!! :D

¸. • *' ¯) (¯ `* •. ¸

~*~*Good Afternoon*~*~

(¯` * •. ¸¸. • * '¯)

Thanks so much everyone for all the sweet compliments on my projects!! :hug

All these storms have become so scary and the end destruction is so sad! Do stay safe ladies!! :hug My Aunt/ Uncle and cousin and her family survived the Joplin storm… Thank you God! Its just so crazy!

Melani………. Your market bag is too cool! Great job!

Yep Joanne……. I spent most of the day in my closet yesterday crocheting! I got started on a bag for my Swap partner. So many ideas and patterns to choose from… so ended up creating my own for now.

Aww… have fun kuddles. Stay safe hon!!!

Oh Marisa………. What a lovely tote!!! The pattern of colors is awesome!!!

Oh Ann…….. so sorry to hear of the storms destruction!!!! :hug Those Mini Totes came out GREAT! That’s one of my favorite / quick / simple patterns. I made those so long ago… they are awesome little quick gifts. Your colors are sweet.

Okay…. Need a refill on my coffee… and get a load of laundry going. You all have a great day! Catch back up in a while!

I need to work on my Swap buddies gifts! :hook

:heart

:mug

Those are adorable! I'll have to see about doing some of those... too cute!! :yes

I'm glad to hear the storms are through and for the most part everyone is okay - I agree with you, Ann - we don't get many storms like those here where I live, and I wouldn't like being in an area where they are so commonplace! My hubby and I have talked before about possible moving here or there, one of the places he mentioned was Lincoln, Nebraska - he's been there before and thought it was beautiful. An online friend of mine lives in Omaha, and she had literally mountains of snow this past winter - that was one thing that I pointed out to him... then, this spring with all the ferocious storms making their way through the area... I think we've decided visiting the area rather than living there is closer to our speed!! :)

I'm off to prepare a picnic lunch for the kids & I - they are winding down the school year today and I thought a picnic lunch at the park would be fun! Have a great afternoon everyone!!! :D

Yep, DH was talking about moving to NC, but you know what, they got storms this year too didn't they? Everyone is getting crazy weather. I'll just stay put and take my chances. He's not dragging me any further away from my grandkids! :lol Enjoy your picnic lunch. It sounds wonderful!

¸. • *' ¯) (¯ `* •. ¸

~*~*Good Afternoon*~*~

(¯` * •. ¸¸. • * '¯)

All these storms have become so scary and the end destruction is so sad! Do stay safe ladies!! :hug My Aunt/ Uncle and cousin and her family survived the Joplin storm… Thank you God! Its just so crazy!

Oh Ann…….. so sorry to hear of the storms destruction!!!! :hug Those Mini Totes came out GREAT! That’s one of my favorite / quick / simple patterns. I made those so long ago… they are awesome little quick gifts. Your colors are sweet.

Okay…. Need a refill on my coffee… and get a load of laundry going. You all have a great day! Catch back up in a while!

Oh Tam, I'm glad that your aunt/uncle/and cousin survived that terrible storm in Joplin! :hug You are right, it is crazy! I'm still praying for those poor people.

I love the mini tote pattern! It works up so fast and easy! I'm hoping to get to the store before we see them so I can put a few goodies in them too! :)

Sheila, it's so nice of you to look after your neighbor. I'm glad that you got him to go to the doctor's! Infections can be so nasty. You're a sweetheart!

that is a beautiful tote!!

¸. • *' ¯) (¯ `* •. ¸

~*~*Good Afternoon*~*~

(¯` * •. ¸¸. • * '¯)

Melani………. Your market bag is too cool! Great job!

Thank you Tammy! :):manyheart

Yep Joanne……. I spent most of the day in my closet yesterday crocheting! I got started on a bag for my Swap partner. So many ideas and patterns to choose from… so ended up creating my own for now.

Aww… have fun kuddles. Stay safe hon!!!

Oh Marisa………. What a lovely tote!!! The pattern of colors is awesome!!!

Yep, DH was talking about moving to NC, but you know what, they got storms this year too didn't they? Everyone is getting crazy weather. I'll just stay put and take my chances. He's not dragging me any further away from my grandkids! :lol Enjoy your picnic lunch. It sounds wonderful!

Thank you Ann! We ended up staying home for our picnic - but they were thrilled to have a nice enough day to eat outside at the picnic table! :) Now we've gone through the bookbags and are ready to start SUMMER VACATION!!! :cheer:yay WooHoo!!

Oh Tam, I'm glad that your aunt/uncle/and cousin survived that terrible storm in Joplin! :hug You are right, it is crazy! I'm still praying for those poor people.

I love the mini tote pattern! It works up so fast and easy! I'm hoping to get to the store before we see them so I can put a few goodies in them too! :)

Sheila, it's so nice of you to look after your neighbor. I'm glad that you got him to go to the doctor's! Infections can be so nasty. You're a sweetheart!

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

hope everyone is doing well. I'm working again tonight another long 12 hours, but I like the unit I will be on...checked ahead of time to see :) and this might be a semi permanent unit. only 44 residents. thank you everyone for the comments on my newest tote/purse. i posted a pic on facebook and now my sister wants one...and she decided she liked a scarf so of course i had to buy that pattern and make a trip to the lys. I have the weekend off so it will be a crochet holiday

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Showing off¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

I know these arent 'totes'... but I have to show off my soon to be 11yr olds work.

He made me a coaster that looks like a piece of toast with jelly..... LOL

All I drink is coffee... and he said coffee and toast go great together...... I love that boy!

post-18634-13589766408_thumb.jpg

Then yesterday ... he dug in my drawer of plastic canvas...asked if he could make a crayon box carrier like his old one that his Great Grandpa made him. Of course I told him to have a blast.

So.... here it is............ He did an AWESOME job!!!

post-18634-135897664089_thumb.jpg

thanks for letting me share! :D

post-18634-135897664086_thumb.jpg

I know these arent 'totes'... but I have to show off my soon to be 11yr olds work.

All I drink is coffee... and he said coffee and toast go great together...... I love that boy!

[ATTACH]40129[/ATTACH]

Then yesterday ... he dug in my drawer of plastic canvas...asked if he could make a crayon box carrier like his old one that his Great Grandpa made him. Of course I told him to have a blast.

[ATTACH]40130[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]40131[/ATTACH]

A crayon box carrier is a tote and a mighty fine looking one at that. And I love the coaster. he did a really nice job

[ATTACH]40129[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40130[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]40131[/ATTACH]

Your son made those?? Holy Moses!!! He definately has his mother's talent!

Archived