crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Morning Ladies,

Good to see your all doing good this morning. Wow so many pretty totes since I was here last night. I worked on a small little tote for the little girl that lives next door to me, her birthday is coming soon. I have a granny go round all most finished and I plan to work on it today.

I'm so sorry to here about all the people in Joplin that has lost loved ones and everything in that awful storms.

Sue your new tote looks great!!!!

Well i'm off to make me a little lunch and work in my flower beds a bit and then crochet time this afternoon. :-)

Have a great day and I will check in later.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ann ~ I am so sorry to hear about your fur baby. I'll be thinking of you :hug

Working on a similar, but smaller version of the bag too. :) Was his party worth missing a shopping trip with me??? :lol Maybe your car has arthritis since you drive like an OLD LADY! :rofl

:turtle:vheart

Yup, his party was fun. Especially when he went face first into his little cake to take a BIG bite.

GRR...car has arthritis alright. Guess this OLD GRANNY drove her car fast and furious to meet Sue and cracked a control arm. Thank goodness for the extended warranty I bought.

Finally here is the pic of the bag I made for my oldest it still needs to be lined hope everyone likes it .... I am working on #2 but with school and graduation (my oldest who turns 18 today) and my graduation (college) just too much going on but when I get time I work on it lol

Love it!!

Here is the tote that I finished last week. It started out about two years ago as a way to use odds and ends of leftover yarn. I don't hate it but it didn't work out as I envisioned at all, so I will most likely toss it into the Goodwill donation box. Part of the problem is that I got lazy and rethought my original idea to make it into less work.

Beautiful!

Just finished SBT#3. This is one that is already claimed by a co-worker. Used Caron Simply Soft in Forest Floor and Caron Paints in Rose Garden. Went 1 row short on the V-stitch and just barely had enough of the Paint to finish the tote. Have just a small ball of the Forest left.

As you can see in the one picture, my furbaby Penny loves this tote. She ran over and immediately flopped down on it. She also decided a few minutes later that it would be a fun game to sneak over and snatch the hank of bamboo/silk yarn that I bought yesterday and run off through the house with it!

I can see why Penny likes it Shell. It's so soft.

Just finished SBT#3. This is one that is already claimed by a co-worker. Used Caron Simply Soft in Forest Floor and Caron Paints in Rose Garden. Went 1 row short on the V-stitch and just barely had enough of the Paint to finish the tote. Have just a small ball of the Forest left.

Very pretty!!

Southern Judy, what part of Arkansas are you in? I'm between Harrison/Branson. :)

Well, ladies, I can breathe again. I have spent two days on this computer thing. I just can't afford a new computer or $400 software at this minute so couldn't give up. Thank God! He is good... I finally figured it out. I was in tears all last night... stress over the computer, stress over Joplin. Heard from one of my clients.. they are okay, just flooded. Have a couple more up there I haven't heard from yet. Praying they are okay. Severe storms today through tomorrow night with tomorrow night being worse than yesterday. :( Please pray for those in Joplin, they are searching for people trapped in the middle of more really bad storms. :(

I would LOVE to be crocheting but I have got to get two sites done asap. I have been working on an amigurumi pattern hopefully I can post by weeks end. I need to make a yarn run before I can start my next tote.

...and I totally forgot that I haven't finished MY purse. :think oh well. It's more fun to give. :)

:hug to everyone.

I need some good thoughts/prayers. I havent been happy at my job, I like it, I like the residents just not where I work. I talked to a mgr at a hosp for an ICU job and I may have scored an interview. she said she will be in touch by the 6th if they cant fit me in on the interview blitz day this week. :eek I have ordered a book to brush up on stuff and I feel like I can throw up at the thought of interviewing but I really need this if I am going to move on to being accepted to a nurse practitioner program. (i will have to have at least 2 years exp. in acute care.) so any thing you want to throw my way in good thoughts or if you have an in with the big guy upstairs I would totally be grateful for.

GRR...car has arthritis alright. Guess this OLD GRANNY drove her car fast and furious to meet Sue and cracked a control arm. Thank goodness for the extended warranty I bought.

:lol sure that wasnt trying to :drive driving away from SUE :lol

I'm thinking you just need to employee a full time RN to be at your beck n' call :D

I do! :lol I need to send you a picture of one of the volunteers at work and why we need a nurse there. :eek

Hey Sue, do you ever collaborate on tote design ideas? I have one rattling around in my head, but no clue how to do it. :)

Send it my way and I can see what I can do. We could handle it together! :hook

id hater to go to the ER over that too sue...imagine the look on their faces....."well there was this ball of yarn and my cat eyeballed it......."

Never start a story with "There was a cat and a ball of yarn..." A different volunteer at work is still in a cast from a cat attacking her (she's a vet tech).

Sue your new tote looks great!!!!

Thanks Judy!

Fast and furious? You? I've seen you check out at Michael's you know. :rofl

I need some good thoughts/prayers. I havent been happy at my job, I like it, I like the residents just not where I work. I talked to a mgr at a hosp for an ICU job and I may have scored an interview. she said she will be in touch by the 6th if they cant fit me in on the interview blitz day this week. :eek I have ordered a book to brush up on stuff and I feel like I can throw up at the thought of interviewing but I really need this if I am going to move on to being accepted to a nurse practitioner program. (i will have to have at least 2 years exp. in acute care.) so any thing you want to throw my way in good thoughts or if you have an in with the big guy upstairs I would totally be grateful for.

You got them!! :hug

:lol sure that wasnt trying to :drive driving away from SUE :lol

We already had a little "drag" race, lets just say she couldn't drive away from me unless we were going in different directions. :rofl

Good Afternoon ladies. Thank you all for your kind words about Hannibal. We were hoping the vet could offer us a miracle, but there was none. We buried him about an hour ago.:(

Finally here is the pic of the bag I made for my oldest it still needs to be lined hope everyone likes it .... I am working on #2 but with school and graduation (my oldest who turns 18 today) and my graduation (college) just too much going on but when I get time I work on it lol

Very nice!

Ann, sorry to hear about Hanibal. Its so hard to say good bye.

Here is the tote that I finished last week. It started out about two years ago as a way to use odds and ends of leftover yarn. I don't hate it but it didn't work out as I envisioned at all, so I will most likely toss it into the Goodwill donation box. Part of the problem is that I got lazy and rethought my original idea to make it into less work.

Oh, I think it's very nice!

So sorry to hear about Hannibal, Grannyannie. It is difficult to know our furbabies are hurting and unable to express what's wrong. 13 years is a long life for a lab, and that he has had such a long life shows just how much you love and care for him.

As you can see in the one picture, my furbaby Penny loves this tote. She ran over and immediately flopped down on it. She also decided a few minutes later that it would be a fun game to sneak over and snatch the hank of bamboo/silk yarn that I bought yesterday and run off through the house with it!

Very nice and Penny is adorable!

id hater to go to the ER over that too sue...imagine the look on their faces....."well there was this ball of yarn and my cat eyeballed it......."

:lol

Southern Judy, what part of Arkansas are you in? I'm between Harrison/Branson. :)

Well, ladies, I can breathe again. I have spent two days on this computer thing. I just can't afford a new computer or $400 software at this minute so couldn't give up. Thank God! He is good... I finally figured it out. I was in tears all last night... stress over the computer, stress over Joplin. Heard from one of my clients.. they are okay, just flooded. Have a couple more up there I haven't heard from yet. Praying they are okay. Severe storms today through tomorrow night with tomorrow night being worse than yesterday. :( Please pray for those in Joplin, they are searching for people trapped in the middle of more really bad storms. :(

I would LOVE to be crocheting but I have got to get two sites done asap. I have been working on an amigurumi pattern hopefully I can post by weeks end. I need to make a yarn run before I can start my next tote.

...and I totally forgot that I haven't finished MY purse. :think oh well. It's more fun to give. :)

Glad you got it figured out! Sending prayers! :hug

Prayers and good intentions heading your way :hug

Well, ladies, I can breathe again. I have spent two days on this computer thing. I just can't afford a new computer or $400 software at this minute so couldn't give up. Thank God! He is good... I finally figured it out.

:yay:hug

You've got positive energy, thoughts and prayers heading your way!!! :hug

Fast and furious? You? I've seen you check out at Michael's you know. :rofl

We already had a little "drag" race, lets just say she couldn't drive away from me unless we were going in different directions. :rofl

If only I knew you when I had my Grand Prix w/the supercharged engine or my red camero. Girl, that race would have had a different outcome. My poor 4 cylinder Fusion just doesn't have it under the hood like those cars did. So sad :(

If only I knew you when I had my Grand Prix w/the supercharged engine or my red camero. Girl, that race would have had a different outcome. My poor 4 cylinder Fusion just doesn't have it under the hood like those cars did. So sad :(

Then I get my Corvette back, nuff said. :lol

Now she's harassing me via text. :rofl

Send it my way and I can see what I can do. We could handle it together! :hook

Sent you a PM with the tote design idea!

Good Afternoon ladies. Thank you all for your kind words about Hannibal. We were hoping the vet could offer us a miracle, but there was none. We buried him about an hour ago.:(

I'm so sorry Grannyannie :hug

I'd join the race, but I think ya'll would lap my poor car 20 times before I got her up to racing speed. But if I still had my old Cordoba.... now THAT car could race! (Big old tank of a car but I beat a lot of people in street races with it).

I'll harrass you via text, ville and e-mail. You had better watch your back sister. :lol

PULEEEEZZZZ! :rofl

Sent you a PM with the tote design idea!

I'd join the race, but I think ya'll would lap my poor car 20 times before I got her up to racing speed. But if I still had my old Cordoba.... now THAT car could race! (Big old tank of a car but I beat a lot of people in street races with it).

Got it. Let me think on it a bit. :)

People would always try to race me in the Vette. Silly people. :lol

I do! :lol I need to send you a picture of one of the volunteers at work and why we need a nurse there. :eek

That was nasty...but so cool. I :manyheart wounds.

and to bad my DH sold his 72 thunderbird..it would have left you both in the dust...just sayin

Cindy that is a great tote ....

Dont out it into the good will donation stuff..

Put it here in the give a ways and make some one very happy..

Or I'll gladly take it and cherish it ..

Its really nice

hugs

Lillibet

I'm not sure if I want to do a giveaway with this particular tote. I don't love it, so I would feel stupid offering it. However, if you really want it, PM me your address and it's yours.

So sorry to hear about Hannibal, Grannyannie. It is difficult to know our furbabies are hurting and unable to express what's wrong. 13 years is a long life for a lab, and that he has had such a long life shows just how much you love and care for him.

Very nice color combination. Penny has good taste.

So glad you were able to fix it!:clap:clap

Tonyah, I am a long time critical care nurse, and I would think you have a good chance of getting hired at this time of year, since you will be comnpeting with new grads. Many critical care mangers prefer experienced nurses, and some like the one where I work, will not hire new grads unless they have some relevant hospital experience.

Take a look at this site. http://www.icufaqs.org/

It's geared toward both beginners in the ICU. but its also a good refresher for other nurses as well.

Archived