crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Well.

It was an, interesting, anniversary weekend.

We were in a minor car accident on the way to the hotel, about 2 blocks from it. Just very minor damage to our car, a bit more to the other guy's car. Front fenders and mirrors.

The hotel was nice, very fancy lobby. Room was just a normal hotel room. But they had a "pantry" on the 5th floor that they gave us access to. Free sodas, waters, chips, other snacks. Open 24 hrs.

Went to the Dow Gardens in the evening. Very pretty gardens. Lots of paths to wander around. Plus they had glass sculptures up all over. I took quite a few pictures and will post them either later tonight or tomorrow on my blog.

After that, we wandered downtown looking at the restaurant options. There was not a lot to choose from so we ended up going back to the hotel and eating at the French Bistro that's attached to the hotel (they also have a high-class restaurant and a bar attached). The food was a bit expensive but it was really good. They also gave us free dessert. We stepped next door to the bar after that and had a drink. I had something called a Raspberry Kiss. Wow was it good!

Today, we slept in then had breakfast in bed. Drive home was uneventful, but we got home to find that sometime between yesterday and today, our A/C quit working.

Ah well. At least most of the weekend was good. :)

Oh! and we did stop at the LYS before leaving the area up there. It was a little disappointing though, it was more of a fabric store with a small aisle of yarn. I did manage to pick up 2 hanks of some bamboo/silk blend though. Might make myself a winter scarf with it.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Mama Kuddles

Thanks Mama! :hug Jackie at work is telling everyone I have the plague. :lol

:hug Sorry to hear you have another sinus infection!!! Feel better!!!!

Thanks Joanne. I have sinusitis, so they're a regular thing, but about 3 times a year I get a bad one and this is one of those. 2nd one this year, but glad it didn't wait 3 weeks for vacation! :hug

:hughope that clears up soon

Thanks Sheila! :hug

I've now started my next felted SBT......since DD is now sick (strep I fear) and will be on the couch all day, I'll have plenty of time to do it today!

Poor lil sis! :hug

good morning ladies!

hope everybody is having a super sunday....

ok enough perkiness :lol

WOWSER im off for a whole day and the forum explodes!!! (again)

didnt get any crocheting done yesterday but thats going to change today....it has to! i cant go anywhere today. hurt myself yesterday....fell (not gonna say off what :lol but landed full force on my right (naturally the driving) knee! i dont knwo for sure but my inner child must have came out because i squalled for what seemed like forever. today isnt quite as painful but once in a whils i have a pain that shoots from knee to hip.

guess you could say im a pain in the butt. oh i had a shipment come in yesterday :blush that i was hoping wouldnt come til monday so i could have snuck it in the stash. oddly enough hubby wasnt bothered by the box. he did however "ask what color now?"

Don't you know you're not suppose to fall??? :hug

Sue I know you working today but i do hope and pray that you are feeling much better today than you did yesterday

I read there is another bag on the way??? Wow that Hobo bag sounds lovely cant wait to see it...

Thanks Lilli. I still feel like doo doo. :(

That early in the morning, whatdoya mean 'go' to bed. Should still be 'in' bed if you don't feel good. :hug Can't wait to see your hobo back. Hurry up and get better. Praying you're better soon.

They are addicting! Weird about them. Maybe Sue put a spell on the pattern. :rofl Wouldn't put anything past her. heh heh :lol I've been trying to figure out who I'm going to do the next one for. Kind of have an idea. :D

Thanks. Couldn't call in sick since I was covering for the only person who could have covered for me. :lol

I'm not usually called a witch, close, but not a witch. :lol

What color is persimmon? Here is my facebook album with the horses.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1934886746468.48441.1671309925&l=57f6cbc3bf

They big horses are all rescues. I went to get one, my parents and dd went with me... we ended up with 5 and 3/4. (the 3/4 are two minis) :lol

Mine is a Straight Egyptian Arabian

DD has a Quarter horse

my mom got a thoroughbred

dad got a Tennessee Walker

and then we got a mustang. We were told she was a quarter horse but she was branded. When I looked them up, she is from the Navajo reservation, a beautiful Isabella palomino but scared silly of people. :(

Sorry, love my horses. Get carried away talking about them. :)

I LOVE PRINCE! :)

Just started my 3rd SBT. They are so addicting. lol first one was RHSS Aruba and Oceans, 2nd on was RH Kids in Hot Pink and Dream Girl, 3rd one is RHSS Medium Purple and Plum Pudding. I went to ACMoore and Michael's yesterday and came home with 10 more skeins of varigated yarn. Guess you know what I plan on doing? lol I will have to figure out how to post my pictures of finished SBT.

Joan

I see my spell has worked. :)

Sorry you're feeling yucky again. Hope you're better soon! :hug

Thanks Ann! :hug

Addicting??? :eek I don't understand :think

well ok maybe I understand a little :hook and even more understand about buying variegated yarn!! :lol:lol:D:hook

What have I said? UR :loco . :hook

Well.

We were in a minor car accident on the way to the hotel, about 2 blocks from it. Just very minor damage to our car, a bit more to the other guy's car. Front fenders and mirrors.

The hotel was nice, very fancy lobby. Room was just a normal hotel room. But they had a "pantry" on the 5th floor that they gave us access to. Free sodas, waters, chips, other snacks. Open 24 hrs.

Went to the Dow Gardens in the evening. Very pretty gardens. Lots of paths to wander around. Plus they had glass sculptures up all over. I took quite a few pictures and will post them either later tonight or tomorrow on my blog.

After that, we wandered downtown looking at the restaurant options. There was not a lot to choose from so we ended up going back to the hotel and eating at the French Bistro that's attached to the hotel (they also have a high-class restaurant and a bar attached). The food was a bit expensive but it was really good. They also gave us free dessert. We stepped next door to the bar after that and had a drink. I had something called a Raspberry Kiss. Wow was it good!

Today, we slept in then had breakfast in bed. Drive home was uneventful, but we got home to find that sometime between yesterday and today, our A/C quit working.

Oh! and we did stop at the LYS before leaving the area up there. It was a little disappointing though, it was more of a fabric store with a small aisle of yarn. I did manage to pick up 2 hanks of some bamboo/silk blend though. Might make myself a winter scarf with it.

Very interesting. The LYS could have made up for that, but didn't. :(

thought of making a tote to carry him in :lol

CUTIE!!

:turtle:vheart

since were ranting about our furbabies i figured i might chime in

firstly :hug from one furbaby momma to another

secondly does anybody know what to do for a constipated dog? my rat terrier tony has been screaming since alst night and best we figure hes constipated. he "tries" to go and well it aint happening...

every flippin time he yelped last night his sister woke up and started screaming....problem is she dont know when to SHUT UP...now mind you i was in pain and with the both of them yelping i was quickly loosing my patience to the point i was about to tie their tails together to give em something to complain about. well then at some point they along with our kitten decided to tromple all over us AND my knee

@sopo....persimmon is a orange color...stupiod me forgot to get the number off the label but the yarn im using is caron simply soft..cause well its SOFT :lol

:lol Every time I see persimmons I think of my MOM right after my Dad died this guy that lived down couple of streets from us found out where my Mother lived and he was in the crazy :loco ward at the VA hospital were my Dad was..Well for weeks and weeks he kept dropping off bags of persimmons to our front door and my mom couldnt figure who was doing it..well she drove the car around the block to neighbors house and sneaked back into the house and waited here comes this guy Jerry except this time it was the persimmons with love letter. more fruit more love letters kept coming finally my mother had to call the police to get this guy to stop :eek:lol but this guy was something long straggle hair and beard and short sort of troll looking:lol

:eek:lol

I need to let off some steam here:

I'm about to shoot my parrot and kill foxie.

My parrot sees some one pass by the front of the house so he squacks and Foxie runs like a maniac barking all thru the house non stop

Then When its not my parrot that gets her started its my sister's smallest chi who is forever looking out the window down stairs just to find a excuse to bark and then there goes foxie again...

Well I just about had enough and bathed Baby and cover him so he can groom himself and take a nap ..

And Foxie I just scolded her and told her she is looking for a spanking.

Well they are now both napping and here i am with my asthma all acted up because of the aggrivation these two put me thru and i need my windows open i dont want to sofocate with heat.

So right now I'm like Calgon please Take me Aways......

hugs

and thanks for listening

Lil

Gotta love our furbabies! :hug:hug:hug

Well.

Sorry you weekend didn't turn out exactly like you wanted, but at least you did have some good times. Glad the accident wasn't too bad and no one got hurt!

thought of making a tote to carry him in :lol

Awww, he's adorable!

At least you found out today so the antibiotics can start working their magic! :) Enjoy your crochet time...

Yup! I'm so glad today and not tomorrow!

I got half of a SBT done sitting with her! I'll work on it more tonite!

kuddles

Glad you caught it early. :hug for her and you! Yum, rainbow sherbert!

I know, right? YUMMO!

Well.

Oh my!! :hug:hug for you!!

kuddles

:eek so sorry Kuddles got going on persimmons story forgot to sorry your DD has strep but so glad that she got her meds today and not have to wait until tomorrow! Glad that she is enjoying her sherbet!! YUMMY!!! Hope she feels better in the morning :hug

Here is SBT #8 along with the Baby RR that is going into the tote!!

Finally, weeks later, here is a pic of SBT #4. And also another tote I made.

Oh, and BTW, I will be signing up for the Tote/Purse Swap. You all have twisted my hook into doing it. Yes, I blame you...you know who are :rofl

pics of the stow it market bag

#1 that cute little pocket

IMG_0021.jpg

#2 the bag itself

IMG_0029.jpg

#3 different angle

IMG_0031.jpg

my review on this pattern.... pattern was easy to follow(after that confusion about row 24, lol) simple to do, love the pocket and how it folds down to a small pillow.:) But I have learned that I don't have enough practice with trc. I have done it before but not to much, it doesn't slid through my fingers and of my hook nearly as smoothly as either a sc or dc. So I think I need a bit more practice,lol. I also would choose a different color the next time around the yellow ombre makes it difficult to actually see the pattern. would have been better if I had changed colors at the beginning of the v stitch (but was just stitching along not paying attention, lol)

No problem at all with the pattern, very user friendly...but this user has a few issues, now back to that round ripple and I am thinking I might just have to make a tote to go with it.:devil:devil

How's everyone's day going? I'm wide awake! :lol I finally remembered to take a pic of my market bag. It didn't come out that great(the pic). I'm not the best photographer in the world, but here ya go! Another wonderful pattern, Sue!:clap Oh, I used Bernat Handicrafter cotton, white. I need to get some of those pretty colors!

LONG not so good day. :( A program I use to build websites decided to crash. Can't reload so must be my computer. It's the only program not working but it's a $400 program. :( Been trying all day to get it to work and nada.

So, while it was scanning... I finished the tote for my dd's friend that had twins. DD made them turtle rattles to match.

Then had to get away from the computer so spent some time with my horses. Thank God for horses. <sigh> Now bone tired, still annoyed and not sure what I'm going to do about the program. :(

Hope ya'll had a better Sat than me. :hug

Oh, and that rainbow tote that I didn't care for the color, my friend got it today. It was funny... they came home and saw a package on their door and she blamed hubby for buying something she didn't know about...and he blamed her. :lol She LOVED it and he loved his turtle. So that was my smile for the day. :)

Here's the Stash Buster tote I worked on yesterday--done in Vanna Baby Goldfish and Sweet Pea---it kind of reminds me of celery and carrots!!!:lol

These are all great!!!!! :manyheart

So I get up to go use the restroom walking past little Bella's tank and look into it. What the heck is that??? She laid an egg. I think I got it quick enough so it wasn't saturated with water. IDK if its viable, but going to incubate it anyhow. About 76 days from now we'll know. Now really wondering if Jake is a boy and not a girl...

Hey ladies :hi

I finished my market bag while I was away over the weekend :clap I left it for my sister in Pittsburgh, but did get a pic with my phone before leaving it there. The battery in my camera needs to be charged and I emailed the pic from my phone to myself so when it comes through, I'll post the pic. I only got one of it openned up though :blush Forgot to take one with it folded up. I plan to make another for myself though :yes Great pattern Sue, worked up quickly and I was doing better with the trc's by the end :lol I thought about doing dc's but wanted to keep to the pattern since I volunteered as a tester :yes

Ooooo, I love it :manyheart Is it written yet? Can I buy it? :bounce

Deep breath sweetie, not written or tested yet. I'm working on it! :lol

Hey ladies :hi

I finished my market bag while I was away over the weekend :clap I left it for my sister in Pittsburgh, but did get a pic with my phone before leaving it there. The battery in my camera needs to be charged and I emailed the pic from my phone to myself so when it comes through, I'll post the pic. I only got one of it openned up though :blush Forgot to take one with it folded up. I plan to make another for myself though :yes Great pattern Sue, worked up quickly and I was doing better with the trc's by the end :lol I thought about doing dc's but wanted to keep to the pattern since I volunteered as a tester :yes

:cheer Can't wait to see it!! :cheer

So I get up to go use the restroom walking past little Bella's tank and look into it. What the heck is that??? She laid an egg. I think I got it quick enough so it wasn't saturated with water. IDK if its viable, but going to incubate it anyhow. About 76 days from now we'll know. Now really wondering if Jake is a boy and not a girl...

:oops well ya did name it jake :lol either way it works

Introducing...Hobo Hearts.

[ATTACH]39647[/ATTACH]

WOW! :hook I'm ready when the pattern is! :lol

:think

:oops well ya did name it jake :lol either way it works

My nephew named it when Jake was a baby. :lol

:think

I'm doing the same thing. But when they breed the females can keep the male's uh, stuff, for years. So Jake may not be the culpret. :lol

Introducing...Hobo Hearts.

[ATTACH]39647[/ATTACH]

:heart it! Do you need a tester :D

SOOO cool on the egg. Would be great to get a baby. :)

I'm doing the same thing. But when they breed the females can keep the male's uh, stuff, for years. So Jake may not be the culpret. :lol

:eek won't ask how in the world they know that :lol

:rofl tomorrow remind you that you might be a grandma :lol

Archived