crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Thanks for getting it done. It came out great. That's the reason I like LOTS of testers. I make mistakes. :blush

:lol

There were more problems with the user than the pattern lol. but we are human we all make mistakes. I am sure you won't have any problems finding tester for future patterns ... :waving:waving:hi:jumpyay that will be me volunteering lol

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hm...

curious web searching led me to finding 3 LYS near our destinations this weekend...

Wonder if I can drag the hubby into one of them. Just to look. Just for a minute. I'm just curious......

:D:D

yeah right, that's right up there with just let me finish my row.... I'm sorry I don't know you that well maybe it would be just a minute, but if that were me hubby would look at me like I had two heads, lol. It's never just a minute :D

Hm...

curious web searching led me to finding 3 LYS near our destinations this weekend...

Wonder if I can drag the hubby into one of them. Just to look. Just for a minute. I'm just curious......

I'm sure you could talk him into it! :devil

How's everyone's day going? I'm wide awake! :lol I finally remembered to take a pic of my market bag. It didn't come out that great(the pic). I'm not the best photographer in the world, but here ya go! Another wonderful pattern, Sue!:clap Oh, I used Bernat Handicrafter cotton, white. I need to get some of those pretty colors!

post-16860-135897660237_thumb.jpg

post-16860-135897660244_thumb.jpg

yeah right, that's right up there with just let me finish my row.... I'm sorry I don't know you that well maybe it would be just a minute, but if that were me hubby would look at me like I had two heads, lol. It's never just a minute :D

When it comes to craft stores... trust me, I'm definitely more than just a minute lol.

me: "Hey hon, I need to stop at JoAnn's after work, won't be long though."

him: "yeah... see you sometime tonight...I hope"

me: "I just need to see if they have a skein of X in Y color"

him: "As I said, hope to see you sometime tonight" (laughs)

Get out of work at 3pm. At JoAnn's by 3:10pm. Get home 6pm. It's only an hour drive.... lol

When it comes to craft stores... trust me, I'm definitely more than just a minute lol.

Get out of work at 3pm. At JoAnn's by 3:10pm. Get home 6pm. It's only an hour drive.... lol

:laughroll

kuddles

How's everyone's day going? I'm wide awake! :lol I finally remembered to take a pic of my market bag. It didn't come out that great(the pic). I'm not the best photographer in the world, but here ya go! Another wonderful pattern, Sue!:clap Oh, I used Bernat Handicrafter cotton, white. I need to get some of those pretty colors!

:cheer:clap:hookLooks great bettter then I take :lol

Finally, weeks later, here is a pic of SBT #4. And also another tote I made.

Oh, and BTW, I will be signing up for the Tote/Purse Swap. You all have twisted my hook into doing it. Yes, I blame you...you know who are :rofl

Very nice totes!

pics of the stow it market bag

#1 that cute little pocket

IMG_0021.jpg

#2 the bag itself

IMG_0029.jpg

#3 different angle

IMG_0031.jpg

my review on this pattern.... pattern was easy to follow(after that confusion about row 24, lol) simple to do, love the pocket and how it folds down to a small pillow.:) But I have learned that I don't have enough practice with trc. I have done it before but not to much, it doesn't slid through my fingers and of my hook nearly as smoothly as either a sc or dc. So I think I need a bit more practice,lol. I also would choose a different color the next time around the yellow ombre makes it difficult to actually see the pattern. would have been better if I had changed colors at the beginning of the v stitch (but was just stitching along not paying attention, lol)

No problem at all with the pattern, very user friendly...but this user has a few issues, now back to that round ripple and I am thinking I might just have to make a tote to go with it.:devil:devil

Very nice work.

Thats really nice!

Looks great!! :cheer

:rofl

:turtle:vheart

Here is SBT #8 along with the Baby RR that is going into the tote!!

I'm loving this!!! :D

Finally, weeks later, here is a pic of SBT #4. And also another tote I made.

Wonderful!! :) And thanks for sharing the link for the second tote!! :D

pics of the stow it market bag

Great!! I love the bright yellow!! :D

Hm...

In your little bit of research, did you happen to see any Little (Insert whatever Hubby's interested in here) Shops?? LOL Seems like it would be pretty easy to slip into a LYS - especially if he's otherwise occupied. Or, if he enjoys watching you enjoy yourself... :)

Looks great!! :) Nothing wrong with good ol' white... it goes with everything!! :yes

Hm...

:lol :lol :lol You know what LYS, Michael's, Joann's & other craft stores need to do......they need to build close to a Home Depot, Lowes, Sporting Good Store, Camperland, boat store etc.,etc.,etc!! That way when dh is in his "toyland" you can enjoy been in your "yarn heaven"!!!! I wonder how that would work out???:think :think :D

:lol :lol :lol You know what LYS, Michael's, Joann's & other craft stores need to do......they need to build close to a Home Depot, Lowes, Sporting Good Store, Camperland, boat store etc.,etc.,etc!! That way when dh is in his "toyland" you can enjoy been in your "yarn heaven"!!!! I wonder how that would work out???:think :think :D

:jumpyay:tup

Our HL is in the same plaza as a Home Depot. Joann's is across the street and Michael's is just down the road. Someone knew what they were thinking! :lol

It would work out fine if there were also a Holiday Inn nearby!! :lol

It would work out fine if there were also a Holiday Inn nearby!! :lol

There is also a hotel down the road from all those stores. Party in Daytona!! :D

Do the market bag with dc's instead of trc's, just add extra rounds. :)

Now why didn't I think of that?:think Great idea, Sue!!!:yes

Yes, I have been following this thread, so thank you to Shell Lee for the suggestion and to you for illustrating it... an idea works so much better for me when I can see pictures..:devil. I'm a visual learner too!

As I have said many times before I don't sew (well not much anyway). I have only lined one bag, I did the purse/tote swap 2008 and hand stitched the lining. I don't sew much and can't work a sewing machine, so while it wasn't perfect I think it was funtional...trying to find pics hmm where did I put them:think:think

I haven't sewn in ages and ages. When my kids were younger I did have a sewing machine and actually made some costumes for Halloween- but I haven't sewn in years. I'm hoping that with my DD showing me I'll be able to get some totes lined. Went to JoAnns today and got some cute fabric- so we'll see. While we were there, DH was looking at sewing machines and saying how we should get one for me. I said let's see how tomorrow goes with DD first!!! :lol

The pic and the market bag came out great- and I like the white!!!

Aren't we all???:D

Sounds like me- I can get lost for quite a while!!

I joined the tote swap :-) My second swap ever. Looking forward to it.
:yay:clap

It would work out perfectly- or a Best Buy- if it's my DH. Went to ACMoore today- Best Buy and Modell's are in the same mall- he had his fun, I had mine!! Got some Caron Simply Paints for the next tote!!!

There is also a hotel down the road from all those stores. Party in Daytona!! :D

Sounds like it would be lots of fun!!!!

Finished another SBT today:hook I'll get a pic in the morning when there is better lighting!!! Now to start SBT#10 with my new yarn!!!

Good Evening Ladies!

Thanks for the compliments on the market bag. You're right, white will go with anything, but those colors sure are pretty! :)

Oh! Guess what?!!! I just finished the baby ghan! :cheer I'll take pics tomorrow when the light is better! And, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to join you guys in the purse/tote swap :think (nervous, only been in one before!)

Sounds like an excellent idea!

:cheer:cheer:cheer

Good Evening Ladies!

Thanks for the compliments on the market bag. You're right, white will go with anything, but those colors sure are pretty! :)

Oh! Guess what?!!! I just finished the baby ghan! :cheer I'll take pics tomorrow when the light is better! And, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to join you guys in the purse/tote swap :think (nervous, only been in one before!)

Sounds like an excellent idea!

:cheer:cheer:cheer

WTG on finishing the baby ghan!!!:cheer:clap:yay And glad you are going to join the swap!!! (I'm nervous too- I've never done before) I think with all the great people joining , it's going to be lots of fun!!

Well DD 'graduated' and didn't have any issues so all is good! Grandparents took us out to dinner and paid! Woot! We are tired now.....but not too tired for me to plan my next SBT!

I've got an illness.

kuddles

Well DD 'graduated' and didn't have any issues so all is good! Grandparents took us out to dinner and paid! Woot! We are tired now.....but not too tired for me to plan my next SBT!

I've got an illness.

kuddles

Yeah, but hey, it's all good - you've joined up with a support group! LOL Of course, we're not supporting you staying away from your addiction like Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous, but we're still supportive!!! :hug

Archived