crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Finally, weeks later, here is a pic of SBT #4. And also another tote I made.

Oh, and BTW, I will be signing up for the Tote/Purse Swap. You all have twisted my hook into doing it. Yes, I blame you...you know who are :rofl

:clap Glad you are joining us in the swap!!!:hook

Love the totes, BTW!!!:manyheart

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love both totes! AND woot for joining the swap! We are gonna have tons of fun!

kuddles

(everyone, have a great day! My DD is having her kindergarten graduation tonite!)

Aww.....have a great time at the Kindergarten graduation---love that age- so cute!!!!:yes

Here is SBT #8 along with the Baby RR that is going into the tote!!

-

nice job on both the tote and the rr. Love this idea (putting the tote and round ripple together) Might have to use that myself. Could line it and add a few pockets to the lining....hmmmm...the possibilities....

here is #8 I think I lost count this one is in ITLY in Spun Sugar stripe and Orchid solid. I am giving this one to a hairdresser that works next door she saw the 2 I made for the other ladies and she really liked it so I found out what color she likes and purple was the answer :) [ATTACH]39566[/ATTACH]

Very pretty!

NEWSFLASH!!!

CALLING ALL TOTE ADDICTS....The purse/Tote swap has been announced!! Just so ya know! :cheer:clap:cheerHurry up before you get left behind.....

Penny

Already signed up! :)

My DD and her BF came over this evening to watch the "Subway Series" and the Yankees lost:( Sue- I'll bet Pop isn't too happy about that!!! But we had a good evening none-the-less and my DD left with a tote! She loved them so of course, I said, take which ever one you want! I finished SBT#8 and put the RR in it. I'll get pics tomorrow since I'm home during the day. I started SBT#9 while watching the game.

She is going to bring her sewing machine over on Sunday so I can line some of the totes. It's going to be a crafting Sunday and I'm very excited about that! She is an artist, not a "hooker" but she does sew so we should have a nice afternoon together.

As much as I want to try the new tote pattern, I keep starting these SBT's:lol

Off for the night- and see you all in the AM!

I make a point not to call when the Yanks have a bad day! :lol

I hope you have a great afternoon with your dd!

Sue- just a gentle reminder that today is Saturday (and you don't have to work since you switched with a co-worker);)

Thanks for the reminder Joanne. I kept thinking yesterday was Sat. My problem will be remembering I have to work tomorrow! :lol

Good Morning Ladies,

I am enjoying my second cup of coffee while the household is still asleep (my favorite time of the morning). Just finished putting the pocket on the stow it market tote. Just have to attach a button, then will be ready for pics.

Thanks Sue for yet another wonderful pattern. I am really liking the pocket. It looks so cute all folded up!and it would take up so little space in the car. I could see making several of these to keep in the car. I did make one slight alteration....not a fan of sewing, so instead of sewing the pocket on I just slipped stitched the pocket on.....getting that button then the camera :)

Thanks! I thought about sc the pocket right on, but that was too much like work.. :lol Can't wait to see the pics!

Just GORGEOUS!!

Oh, and BTW, I will be signing up for the Tote/Purse Swap. You all have twisted my hook into doing it. Yes, I blame you...you know who are :rofl

Love them! Yes, I know who I am. Ice cream bribes and shopping get me everywhere with you! :lol

:turtle:vheart

WOW! Can you make one of those RR for ME! I'm a baby! Really I am!

kuddles

kuddles

I'm Baby, not you. Old age is really messing with your head. :rofl

pics of the stow it market bag

#1 that cute little pocket

IMG_0021.jpg

#2 the bag itself

IMG_0029.jpg

#3 different angle

IMG_0031.jpg

my review on this pattern.... pattern was easy to follow(after that confusion about row 24, lol) simple to do, love the pocket and how it folds down to a small pillow.:) But I have learned that I don't have enough practice with trc. I have done it before but not to much, it doesn't slid through my fingers and of my hook nearly as smoothly as either a sc or dc. So I think I need a bit more practice,lol. I also would choose a different color the next time around the yellow ombre makes it difficult to actually see the pattern. would have been better if I had changed colors at the beginning of the v stitch (but was just stitching along not paying attention, lol)

No problem at all with the pattern, very user friendly...but this user has a few issues, now back to that round ripple and I am thinking I might just have to make a tote to go with it.:devil:devil

IMG_0021.jpg

#2 the bag itself

IMG_0029.jpg

#3 different angle

IMG_0031.jpg

my review on this pattern.... pattern was easy to follow(after that confusion about row 24, lol) simple to do, love the pocket and how it folds down to a small pillow.:) But I have learned that I don't have enough practice with trc. I have done it before but not to much, it doesn't slid through my fingers and of my hook nearly as smoothly as either a sc or dc. So I think I need a bit more practice,lol. I also would choose a different color the next time around the yellow ombre makes it difficult to actually see the pattern. would have been better if I had changed colors at the beginning of the v stitch (but was just stitching along not paying attention, lol)

No problem at all with the pattern, very user friendly...but this user has a few issues, now back to that round ripple and I am thinking I might just have to make a tote to go with it.:devil:devil

This is really cute! Love the drawsting.

Those look GREAT together!!

Love the totes! What pattern is that second one?

Thanks everyone for the happy anniversary wishes! So far it's going great, I slept in til 9:30am :D and it feels great to have gotten some good sleep. Did feel weird waking up with the sun shining and thinking "oh crud, I'm late for work... wait, no, i'm not!".

We have our hotel room reserved and have a few things planned for today/tomorrow. The hotel is one we've never been to, but the reviews have been good and the pictures look good. Lots to do in the area. I'll be taking my camera with us.

Most likely take a tote to work on too while driving there, and back. :)

IMG_0021.jpg

#2 the bag itself

IMG_0029.jpg

#3 different angle

IMG_0031.jpg

:cheer:clapGreat looking

Back again! I got a nice 2 hour nap in before DH got home from work. Now I might have a bit of energy to get some :crocheting done! :D Have a great day!

Good morning!

Off to begin my Saturday morning ritual- cleaning-:( and as soon as I'm done, I'm heading out for a mani/pedi:)

Enjoy the mani/pedi! :c9

:clapVery nice!!!

Love both of them!

(everyone, have a great day! My DD is having her kindergarten graduation tonite!)

Awww, how sweet! Enjoy the graduation! I love that age! Seems like forever since my kids were in kindergarten, well because it was! :lol

IMG_0021.jpg

#2 the bag itself

IMG_0029.jpg

#3 different angle

IMG_0031.jpg

Came out great! Reminds me, I'd better get a pic of mine today!

Thanks everyone for the happy anniversary wishes! So far it's going great, I slept in til 9:30am :D and it feels great to have gotten some good sleep. Did feel weird waking up with the sun shining and thinking "oh crud, I'm late for work... wait, no, i'm not!".

We have our hotel room reserved and have a few things planned for today/tomorrow. The hotel is one we've never been to, but the reviews have been good and the pictures look good. Lots to do in the area. I'll be taking my camera with us.

The pattern for the 2nd tote can be found here. Enjoy your anniversary weekend!!

The pattern for the 2nd tote can be found here. Enjoy your anniversary weekend!!

Thanks for the link! That one looks fairly easy :)

Love, love, love it. :manyheart

The blue is gorgeous. Is that white with it? I've seen that other tote before. It's cool looking but looks like more work than the SBT. :lol

kuddles

:rofl I was thinking... I love those round ripples but if I DID make one for me, it would end up baby size. :lol We could pass for babies, couldn't we?

Congrats for your DD. Have a great time! They grow up fast.

IMG_0021.jpg

#2 the bag itself

IMG_0029.jpg

#3 different angle

IMG_0031.jpg

Nice color choices. I don't think the ombre takes away from the pattern. It looks really nice.

Hm...

curious web searching led me to finding 3 LYS near our destinations this weekend...

Wonder if I can drag the hubby into one of them. Just to look. Just for a minute. I'm just curious......

:D:D

:rofl I was thinking... I love those round ripples but if I DID make one for me, it would end up baby size. :lol We could pass for babies, couldn't we?

Congrats for your DD. Have a great time! They grow up fast.

YES we ARE babies! WWWAAAAAHHHHHH!

Okay I'm done.

Thanks for the congrats! Yes, she is so big now! And I'm sooooo old!

kuddles

Aww.....have a great time at the Kindergarten graduation---love that age- so cute!!!!:yes

Yes they are doing Cinderella. My DD is one of the 'silly step sisters'. Should be interesting since she won't say what they are doing!

kuddles

-

nice job on both the tote and the rr. Love this idea (putting the tote and round ripple together) Might have to use that myself. Could line it and add a few pockets to the lining....hmmmm...the possibilities....

I can't take credit for the idea- Shell Lee suggested it- and what a great suggestion it was!!!!

I'm going to see about lining it and putting in a few pockets- hopefully my middle DD will be able to help me out with that!!!

IMG_0021.jpg

#2 the bag itself

IMG_0029.jpg

#3 different angle

IMG_0031.jpg

I love how it came out- and I think I'm going to have the same problem with the trebles- I hardly have every done that stitch- it just doesn't feel as comfortable- hence the reason I started another SBT last night!:lol

Those look GREAT together!!

Sounds like a great weekend ahead for you- and you so deserve it after all the hours you have been working!

Hm...

curious web searching led me to finding 3 LYS near our destinations this weekend...

Wonder if I can drag the hubby into one of them. Just to look. Just for a minute. I'm just curious......

Oh, you must check it out- see if there are 'man friendly' type of stores near the LYS's and he goes there and you go pet yarn!

Hm...

:dog:lol

:devil

IMG_0021.jpg

#2 the bag itself

IMG_0029.jpg

#3 different angle

IMG_0031.jpg

Thanks for getting it done. It came out great. That's the reason I like LOTS of testers. I make mistakes. :blush

Have a great time!!

Hm...

Last year when we went to Key West I found a LYS and a Ben Franklin's. Hubby took me to both. :manyheart

You have NO idea!

kuddles

Oh, I know alright. Boy do I know. :sofunny

I love how it came out- and I think I'm going to have the same problem with the trebles- I hardly have every done that stitch- it just doesn't feel as comfortable- hence the reason I started another SBT last night!:lol

Do the market bag with dc's instead of trc's, just add extra rounds. :)

I can't take credit for the idea- Shell Lee suggested it- and what a great suggestion it was!!!!

I'm going to see about lining it and putting in a few pockets- hopefully my middle DD will be able to help me out with that!!!

Yes, I have been following this thread, so thank you to Shell Lee for the suggestion and to you for illustrating it... an idea works so much better for me when I can see pictures..:devil.

As I have said many times before I don't sew (well not much anyway). I have only lined one bag, I did the purse/tote swap 2008 and hand stitched the lining. I don't sew much and can't work a sewing machine, so while it wasn't perfect I think it was funtional...trying to find pics hmm where did I put them:think:think

Archived