crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hugs, prayers and angels to all who need them. With the weather these days, seems to be way to many needed lately. This is one spring I will be glad when it's over with.

I :manyheart all the totes, the color combinations are wonderful. Just such great talented ladies here.

Sue, Hobo Hearts looks great. Can also picture it done without the hearts and felted....hmmmmm

I'm working on the towel toppers to go with dishtowels, dishcloths and potholders to fill totes with for the church ladies. Also, have a tote started that I hope to be able to show y'all in the next couple of days.

I need some good thoughts/prayers. I havent been happy at my job, I like it, I like the residents just not where I work. I talked to a mgr at a hosp for an ICU job and I may have scored an interview. she said she will be in touch by the 6th if they cant fit me in on the interview blitz day this week. :eek I have ordered a book to brush up on stuff and I feel like I can throw up at the thought of interviewing but I really need this if I am going to move on to being accepted to a nurse practitioner program. (i will have to have at least 2 years exp. in acute care.) so any thing you want to throw my way in good thoughts or if you have an in with the big guy upstairs I would totally be grateful for.

Most definitely you have my prayers!!!

Good Afternoon ladies. Thank you all for your kind words about Hannibal. We were hoping the vet could offer us a miracle, but there was none. We buried him about an hour ago.:(

So sorry about Hannibal. He was very muched loved and will be waiting with my Misty, Apollo, Ginger and Kia at the Bridge for you.

Good Afternoon ladies. Thank you all for your kind words about Hannibal. We were hoping the vet could offer us a miracle, but there was none. We buried him about an hour ago.:(

:hug:hug:hug

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

kuddles

Hey ladies :hi

Nothing new since last night and I did nothing but lay and watch tv :eek So unheard of to watch tv without hook and yarn :lol

Here's the pic of my market bag :clap

It's beautiful Marisa! And nothing wrong with doing nothing sometimes--you had a very busy weekend!!

Glad you had a nice time with DD and got to learn something new! Is lining difficult? I want to try it, but I'm scared! :lol I do have a sewing machine somewhere in my craft room if I can find it! Of course we don't get along very well, never have. :blush

On a different note, today we are heading to the vet with our dear Hannibal (13 yr old yellow lab). I believe it will be his last trip. This is a very sad day for us. He has been a very good friend. :(

:hug:hug And, not the lining wasn't hard- at least not as hard as I envisioned it would be. It did help that DD was here to decipher directions and show me how to use the sewing machine!

Yup you are right, but she still goes thru June 2nd for school. And I'm concerned that she spread her 'love' to other kids Sat nite! Eek! Or maybe one of THEM showed HER the love!

Kids love to 'share' don't they!

kuddles

They sure do love to share the love! Ok, I thought maybe I was losing my mind- I thought when you graduated you were done!:think:lol

Finally here is the pic of the bag I made for my oldest it still needs to be lined hope everyone likes it .... I am working on #2 but with school and graduation (my oldest who turns 18 today) and my graduation (college) just too much going on but when I get time I work on it lol
Awesome tote- and congrats to your oldest and to you!!! Graduating as an adult is quite the accomplishment- (I know how hard it is with a family- I did it the hard way too)

A]

Here is the tote that I finished last week. It started out about two years ago as a way to use odds and ends of leftover yarn. I don't hate it but it didn't work out as I envisioned at all, so I will most likely toss it into the Goodwill donation box. Part of the problem is that I got lazy and rethought my original idea to make it into less work.

I like it Cindy, but totally get that if what you had in your mind and what came out on the hook are not the same thing then you wouldn't be happy with it.

S\

Just finished SBT#3. This is one that is already claimed by a co-worker. Used Caron Simply Soft in Forest Floor and Caron Paints in Rose Garden. Went 1 row short on the V-stitch and just barely had enough of the Paint to finish the tote. Have just a small ball of the Forest left.

As you can see in the one picture, my furbaby Penny loves this tote. She ran over and immediately flopped down on it. She also decided a few minutes later that it would be a fun game to sneak over and snatch the hank of bamboo/silk yarn that I bought yesterday and run off through the house with it!

Beautiful!!! And so is Penny!!!

I need some good thoughts/prayers. I havent been happy at my job, I like it, I like the residents just not where I work. I talked to a mgr at a hosp for an ICU job and I may have scored an interview. she said she will be in touch by the 6th if they cant fit me in on the interview blitz day this week. :eek I have ordered a book to brush up on stuff and I feel like I can throw up at the thought of interviewing but I really need this if I am going to move on to being accepted to a nurse practitioner program. (i will have to have at least 2 years exp. in acute care.) so any thing you want to throw my way in good thoughts or if you have an in with the big guy upstairs I would totally be grateful for.
You have lots of positive thoughts and prayers coming your way!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about Hannibal! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Hoping to work on the SBT that I started yesterday- and then maybe sew one of the linings into a tote!

Couldn't come home without stopping in- but now I'm hungry and better start dinner.

Just finished SBT #4

Yarn used: Caron Simply Soft Eco in Plum Perfect and Caron Paints in Harlequin. I changed it up a little by making the V-stitch area the solid color and the bottom and top/handles are the varigated. The closeup picture shows the colors better.

post-44633-135897661401_thumb.jpg

post-44633-135897661404_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure if I want to do a giveaway with this particular tote. I don't love it, so I would feel stupid offering it. However, if you really want it, PM me your address and it's yours.

I missed some pages while in my mess. :think I didn't even see this on here but saw your other post with it. Gardener... it's GORGEOUS!!! Don't feel stupid for offering it. Heck... was hoping you would make the pattern up. :hook

Just finished SBT #4

Yarn used: Caron Simply Soft Eco in Plum Perfect and Caron Paints in Harlequin. I changed it up a little by making the V-stitch area the solid color and the bottom and top/handles are the varigated. The closeup picture shows the colors better.

This is really pretty. like the change in color placement.

Prayers for the job offer and the lost puppy. :hug s all around. Sorry I am missing so many posts. However, one site down... one to go! :clap Had to move a round bale of hay in the rain so horses not all fun. Wading through 4-6 inches of mud... and still raining. Can't wait to see blue skies.

Love ya all and hope I can catch up better soon. :manyheart

Just finished SBT #4

very nice!

:hug :hug :hug

That was nasty...but so cool. I :manyheart wounds.

and to bad my DH sold his 72 thunderbird..it would have left you both in the dust...just sayin

Who can have a scar like that and say they were biten by a sea turtle. I must admit I'm a tad jealous. :lol

BUT a Vette is mostly fiberglass and the only real weight it has is the engine...just sayin'. :lol

Sue, Hobo Hearts looks great. Can also picture it done without the hearts and felted....hmmmmm

Or with the hearts and felted... ;)

Just finished SBT #4

Love it!!

:turtle:vheart

Just finished SBT #4

Totally cool! Love it!

kuddles

I missed some pages while in my mess. :think I didn't even see this on here but saw your other post with it. Gardener... it's GORGEOUS!!! Don't feel stupid for offering it. Heck... was hoping you would make the pattern up. :hook

Thanks. I think my problem is that this is not the bag I set out to make. evidently yarn has a mind of its own!

I can write a pattern for it easily, but it's so simple that you could make it without a pattern. It's all single crochet, and is made from three same size strips.

Each strip starts with a row of black, followed by a random number of rows of another color, followed by two rows of black, and then another color, and so on, finishing with one row of black. I made each strip approximately 26 inches long and 3 1/2 inches wide. I then did a round of black sc all the way around each strip. When the strips were finished, I single crocheted them together. I folded the resulting rectangle in half to form the bag, and single crocheted the tote together along the sides. In retrospect, I think sewing them together would have looked better, but at the time it seemed like a good idea. The trickiest part was making sure that the number of sc down the sides of the strips was the same. If you sewed them together, I don;t think that one stitch more or less would matter.

For the top band of the bag, I worked in rounds. I did a few rows of black sc around the entire top, followed by three rows of another color. Then two more rows of black. Then I decided where I wanted the handles to be, and for the next round I skipped those stitches and chained across them. After that another round of sc in black, doing one sc in each of the chains that formed the handle as well as I went around. Then another two rounds of a color and a last round of black. I slip stitched in black around the top and around the insides of each handle.

Just finished SBT #4

Shell- I love it- and funny that I made one reversing the colors too- it was from the left over yarn I had from one of the totes- didn't have enough variegeted left to do the v's in it so I just did the bottom and top in it! Of all the totes I've made so far, and that's the one that my DD picked out to take as hers!!!!

Just finished SBT #4

Love it!

Ok ladies, I am so ready for today to be over with! I hadn't mentioned it earlier, but for the past several days I've been in a great deal of pain (more than usual), then this morning I noticed blood around my stoma! :eek After we buried Hannibal I called my doctor and got an appt. Sure enough, I have an infection! Don't know how widespread it is, but guess that's why my entire body hurts! She gave me a script for some stronger pain meds, but so far they're not doing much good either. Think I'll veg out in front of the tv and watch the House season finale and try to get distracted!:lol Tomorrow has to be a better day! Sorry for all "downer" stuff today. I'll be back to :crocheting tomorrow!

Shell- I love it- and funny that I made one reversing the colors too- it was from the left over yarn I had from one of the totes- didn't have enough variegeted left to do the v's in it so I just did the bottom and top in it! Of all the totes I've made so far, and that's the one that my DD picked out to take as hers!!!!

Im torn now between keeping this one or the first purple one I did. I have a lot more coworkers begging for totes now. Need to make sure I keep back the one that I want!

Thanks for all your compliments ladies!!

Glad you had a nice time with DD and got to learn something new! Is lining difficult? I want to try it, but I'm scared! :lol I do have a sewing machine somewhere in my craft room if I can find it! Of course we don't get along very well, never have. :blush

Beautiful! Love the glass sunflower!

Hope your shoulder is feeling better :hug

:cheer Love Pogo! :cheer:lol

Good Morning! Hope you have a good day! :hug

Very nice!

Sounds like a busy weekend! Hope it isn't too much with the car! :hug

Good Morning Everyone!

I worked on the checkered granny go round tote last night. Another wonderful pattern! :cheer

On a different note, today we are heading to the vet with our dear Hannibal (13 yr old yellow lab). I believe it will be his last trip. This is a very sad day for us. He has been a very good friend. :(

What is pogo? So sorry to hear about Hannibal :hug :hug :hug Definitely not an easy day for you :hug :hug :hug

Finally here is the pic

of the bag I made for my oldest it still needs to be lined hope everyone likes it .... I am working on #2 but with school and graduation (my oldest who turns 18 today) and my graduation (college) just too much going on but when I get time I work on it lol

Great job, I love it :manyheart

Ann, sorry to hear about Hanibal. Its so hard to say good bye.

Here is the tote that I finished last week. It started out about two years ago as a way to use odds and ends of leftover yarn. I don't hate it but it didn't work out as I envisioned at all, so I will most likely toss it into the Goodwill donation box. Part of the problem is that I got lazy and rethought my original idea to make it into less work.

I love it Cindy....even if you don't :lol

So sorry to hear about Hannibal, Grannyannie. It is difficult to know our furbabies are hurting and unable to express what's wrong. 13 years is a long life for a lab, and that he has had such a long life shows just how much you love and care for him.

Just finished SBT#3. This is one that is already claimed by a co-worker. Used Caron Simply Soft in Forest Floor and Caron Paints in Rose Garden. Went 1 row short on the V-stitch and just barely had enough of the Paint to finish the tote. Have just a small ball of the Forest left.

As you can see in the one picture, my furbaby Penny loves this tote. She ran over and immediately flopped down on it. She also decided a few minutes later that it would be a fun game to sneak over and snatch the hank of bamboo/silk yarn that I bought yesterday and run off through the house with it!

Very pretty colors (green's my favorite) :manyheart

You got it honey :hug:xfin:hug:xfin:hug:xfin:cheer

Very nice!

Oh, I think it's very nice!

Very nice and Penny is adorable!

:lol

Glad you got it figured out! Sending prayers! :hug

Prayers and good intentions heading your way :hug

Oh sweetie :hug :hug :hug :hug

Just finished SBT #4

Very pretty indeed :manyheart

Love it!

Ok ladies, I am so ready for today to be over with! I hadn't mentioned it earlier, but for the past several days I've been in a great deal of pain (more than usual), then this morning I noticed blood around my stoma! :eek After we buried Hannibal I called my doctor and got an appt. Sure enough, I have an infection! Don't know how widespread it is, but guess that's why my entire body hurts! She gave me a script for some stronger pain meds, but so far they're not doing much good either. Think I'll veg out in front of the tv and watch the House season finale and try to get distracted!:lol Tomorrow has to be a better day! Sorry for all "downer" stuff today. I'll be back to :crocheting tomorrow!

I hope you can get some rest in tonight and let the meds do their work so you can have a better day tomorrow. I'll watch the House season finale with you!

Love it!

Oh, Ann- I 'm sorry that this has been one tough Monday for you!!!:hug:hug:hug Did she also give you something for the infection? Vegging out sounds like a good idea and her's hoping that tomorrow will be a better day for you. No worries about the "downer' stuff- We all have those kind of days!!!!

Im torn now between keeping this one or the first purple one I did. I have a lot more coworkers begging for totes now. Need to make sure I keep back the one that I want!

I know- I originally was going to keep the purple one I made, and I did make a lining for it, but then when lining them yesterday I ended up putting in a lining with coffee beans in SBT#4 done in Turqua and Peruvian Print. And since I'm all about the coffee- well--I'm thinking this should be mine---but then again, I bought lining to go with the Coco-Cheery and Coffee tote- this lining is also "coffee" themed!

The problem is--I love them all!:lol

What is pogo? So sorry to hear about Hannibal :hug :hug :hug Definitely not an easy day for you :hug :hug :hug

Pogo.com, it's my favorite site to play games!

I hope you can get some rest in tonight and let the meds do their work so you can have a better day tomorrow. I'll watch the House season finale with you!

Thank you. Hope you enjoy House too! :hug

Oh, Ann- I 'm sorry that this has been one tough Monday for you!!!:hug:hug:hug Did she also give you something for the infection? Vegging out sounds like a good idea and her's hoping that tomorrow will be a better day for you. No worries about the "downer' stuff- We all have those kind of days!!!!

Yep, I'm on an anitbiotic too! Plus she wants me to call my GI doc tomorrow!

Pogo.com, it's my favorite site to play games!

Thank you. Hope you enjoy House too! :hug

Uh oh, I probably shouldn't have asked that question :eek I'd be better off in my not knowing about it :rofl

Dear Ann:

Please know that you are in my prayers .. I know its been a hard difficult and sad day for you over all and you really need some hugs just about now so here they go:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

God bless you and keep you well and that tomorrow be a brighter day for you all around...

Get some rest my dear we will all be here rooting for you.. and to cheer you up.

hugs

Lillibet

Good idea- and I sure hope the infection isn't too widespread and that the antibiotics will do their thing!!! (as well as the pain meds):hug

Originally Posted by grannyannie

Love it!

Ok ladies, I am so ready for today to be over with! I hadn't mentioned it earlier, but for the past several days I've been in a great deal of pain (more than usual), then this morning I noticed blood around my stoma! After we buried Hannibal I called my doctor and got an appt. Sure enough, I have an infection! Don't know how widespread it is, but guess that's why my entire body hurts! She gave me a script for some stronger pain meds, but so far they're not doing much good either. Think I'll veg out in front of the tv and watch the House season finale and try to get distracted! Tomorrow has to be a better day! Sorry for all "downer" stuff today. I'll be back to tomorrow!

I missed this to earlier. Ann, praying that this heals up fast for you.

Joanne, keep them all... for different projects of course. ;)

Hope you can rest, and that tomorrow is a better day.

annie- you are in my thoughts, so sorry to hear about Hannibal and your infection. :hug I'll be hoping for a speedy recovery.

Gardner- I have been trying to soak everything in from that site for a week. I just graduated in august so I am still considered a new nurse, but this mgr. will consider new nurses since there is a nice 16 week orientation.and I have heard through the grapevine that a bunch of nurses are moving on with further degrees. ps where in MI do you live? could we be possible neighbors and yarn shopping partners? :think

I love all the totes and color combos everyone has come up with.

and sue just because it doesnt weigh much doesnt mean it could beat a car from the motor city esp. since it was one heck of a fast car that had not lost a race :D

Archived