crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

love the heart tote and love that bag holder. i had thought about trying one.

lived through the storms so far. tornadoes seem popping up all over. a small community with 100 homes was wiped out down by I 44. a friend told me that wikipedia had it updated within minutes and used past tense talking about the town. :(

most friends in Chickasha accounted for. Some crazy pictures of the tornadoes. Seems everyone had one by their house or in their yard. a couple friends house were hit and one's parents... totally destroyed. not confirmed but saying 9 dead.

scary weather this. can't wait to get back to crocheting. staying up late to watch storms and finish second site. THEN i can get my hook out. i'm having withdrawal along with nerves.

:hug to you all.

:hug I hope you get the second site up and running soon - and that the storms let up sooner - so your nerves can settle!!! :)

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I was starting to feel a little better this morning, the pressure in my brain was easing off a bit. Then I went and hit my head on the ceramic towel rack while moving something.

That was at 11am. I still have tears coming to my eyes now my head hurts so bad. Hitting my head caused the pressure to build up tremendously and I can't get it to go down. Just took my last daily pill this morning (didn't pick up my prescription yet for refill) otherwise I'd take a 2nd pill to see if that'd help.

Sorry to unload here, but ya'll feel like friends/family and I hoped you wouldn't mind if I cried a little here to try to take my mind off things.

On a good note though, before I smacked my brain around, I did get most of a small tote/purse crocheted up this morning. No pattern, just whipped something up. I think I'm on the last round or so plus need handle(s) of some sort.

Ouch! Hope you feel better soon :hug

Just got the call, they hired someone for our technician position (finally) that's been unoccupied since FEB!! Its my counter part, so they hired from within and her position can be filled immediately since we're contracted. :cheer

:turtle:vheart

Great news! :clap

My second SBT felted - also posted in show and tell - to avoid issues, changed last two rows to sc and it felted like a dream!

This one is going to Toni (dobermama) for her church....along with a few others.

kuddles

Love the colors! :clap

I'm going to add the pic of the SBT I finished last night- in Caron SS in Spring Brook and Sage. Also adding a pic of the first ever lining I did!! Not perfect, but it'll do!! I lined SBT#4! The lining is coffee beans- so it's perfect for me. This is the one I decided to keep for me!

Nice bags and great work on the lining!!!:cheer

Guys, popping in to say please keep praying for those in tornado paths. Just heard one hit my home town in Oklahoma. Family are ok but haven't heard from friends. Several tornados heading towards OKC. Numbers from Joplin's tornado are staggering. 120 dead, 750 wounded and 1500 missing. Really need some heavy prayers. NE OK, SW MO, and AR expecting worse storms of the year tonight with mega cell tornados. I'll pop in as I can.

Prayers going out! :hug

Hey everyone,

I watched american idol and now have on dwts waiting to see the winner :bounce Oh I hope it's Hines :xfin :xfin :xfin

Wanted to share my mom's new plastic bag holder I finished while watching Idol.....I know, I know...it's not a tote :shrug:lol

Very nice! I've been wanting to make one of those for some time now!

lived through the storms so far. tornadoes seem popping up all over. a small community with 100 homes was wiped out down by I 44. a friend told me that wikipedia had it updated within minutes and used past tense talking about the town. :(

most friends in Chickasha accounted for. Some crazy pictures of the tornadoes. Seems everyone had one by their house or in their yard. a couple friends house were hit and one's parents... totally destroyed. not confirmed but saying 9 dead.

scary weather this. can't wait to get back to crocheting. staying up late to watch storms and finish second site. THEN i can get my hook out. i'm having withdrawal along with nerves.

Thanks for letting us know you're ok. Hope you get the second site up soon and the the storms let up! :hug:hug:hug

Hey everyone,

I watched american idol and now have on dwts waiting to see the winner :bounce Oh I hope it's Hines :xfin :xfin :xfin Hines won!!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

Wanted to share my mom's new plastic bag holder I finished while watching Idol.....I know, I know...it's not a tote :shrug:lol

It holds things so I say it fits right in here!!!!;)

Hope you get your second site up and that this weather gets out of the way so you can relax a little.

Mother Nature does what Mother Nature does and it totally puts things in perspective- so give a hug, tell someone you love them- give someone a smile today.

For ALL of my new and old Tote Loving Addict friends- :hug:hug:hug

Good morning everyone and thanks for your compliments. I used a pattern by Crochet Dude that I have used before for myself, but I tweaked the pattern this time because I used stretchy yarn and have learned from the first one that it just became too big once it stretched :lol

Continued prayers with these storms :hug :hug :hug :hug Hopefully we're on a down swing now :think

Morning friends! Getting ready to start another day. The part is in to fix my car, so off to the shop I'll go before work. No crochet time last night :( Maybe tonight. We have to get the house dog-friendly since our doggie is getting paroled tomorrow and we get to bring him home :yay

Hey everyone,

I watched american idol and now have on dwts waiting to see the winner :bounce Oh I hope it's Hines :xfin :xfin :xfin

I'ld say it's a tote. Looks great :clap

Keep us posted on your friends. They are all in my prayers :hug

Hey everyone,

Very nice! And as the others said, it's a bag and it holds things.

Glad you are safe.

Duckie, aren't you into coupons? My oldest DD came over yesterday and wanted to go grocery shopping with me. She gave me some coupons and offered advice on what the best deals were, and which coupons I needed to cut out of the weekend coupon inserts. The end result of my shopping trip was that I spent $75 and then got $30 off with coupons. DD did better than I did, but I have to admit, it was lots of fun watching the total go down as the cashier scanned in those coupons.

Hey everyone,

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer HINES WON! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer And great bag holder

I was on edge all night until I heard from my friends in OK. Thankfully, prayers were answered and they are safe. Now waiting to hear how my sister's extended family in AR and MO are doing. Still can't log on to work :(

So, here's something bright for you all. I tested Sue's Hobo Hearts and I absolute :heart :heart :heart this pattern and the shape of the bag. I did only do two rows of the hearts and it came out as big as I wanted it too. Also, used a G hook instead of an H to keep it smaller to my tastes :lol This one will get sunflower dishcloth, towels with same color toppers and potholder the same color and go to one of the ladies at church.

So, without further ado I give you Hobo Hearts, a must have pattern :hook

post-25113-135897662029_thumb.jpg

post-25113-135897662026_thumb.jpg

Morning friends! Getting ready to start another day. The part is in to fix my car, so off to the shop I'll go before work. No crochet time last night :( Maybe tonight. We have to get the house dog-friendly since our doggie is getting paroled tomorrow and we get to bring him home :yay

Hurray! He's coming home! :cheerEnjoy your new furbaby!

I was on edge all night until I heard from my friends in OK. Thankfully, prayers were answered and they are safe. Now waiting to hear how my sister's extended family in AR and MO are doing. Still can't log on to work :(

So, here's something bright for you all. I tested Sue's Hobo Hearts and I absolute :heart :heart :heart this pattern and the shape of the bag. I did only do two rows of the hearts and it came out as big as I wanted it too. Also, used a G hook instead of an H to keep it smaller to my tastes :lol This one will get sunflower dishcloth, towels with same color toppers and potholder the same color and go to one of the ladies at church.

[ATTACH]39780[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]39781[/ATTACH]

The bag is beautiful! Hope you hear from the folks in AR and MO soon! :hug

Wonderful! Funny, I did the same things while testing this pattern! Smaller hook and only two rows of hearts! LOL. Just finishing up the straps and will be able to post tomorrow.

Great bag Sue!

Storms have made their way here to Chicago so if I'm not on much today, it means we lost power.....

kuddles

awesome "tote" bag holder! after all it DOES hold bags right?

yup im the couponer...i am however not an INSANE couponer. i clip coupons on sunday from 3 different papers, and my all you magazine. then i go through them and see what ones i want to keep and send the rest on to a friend who also coupons. then on shopping day make a list and see what coupons i can use. we dont save a whole lot right now but every penny adds up when youre on a week to week budget. (its gotten to the point in the past that we have literally had to decide should we pay this bill or put gas in car to get to work...

went to "uncles" (aka vet) yesterday evening. took tony and naturally had to take tonya too. otherwise she would have thrown one heck of a hissy fit. all we seemed to get was bad news though. his ears had been bothering him for quite some time si we had them checked out. hes got multiple tumors growing in each ear. its to the point they will eventually make his ears grow shut and he will be deaf then (may as wel be like me ...impartially deaf...) incle took his temp and that was normal. as to his "other" issue...hes definitely blocked. got some "candy" (aka medicine) for that. we have to give it 3-4 times a day. he said in a few days things SHOULD be moving. on another bad note tony also has lump near his right hind leg. unsure at this point if its due to being plugged up or if its a hernia. gotta get th eplugged upidenss cired then may have to get xrays to see what the lump is.

i would have been on last night but we came home and i laid down for a while to spend time with tony and we both fell asleep

My second SBT felted - also posted in show and tell - to avoid issues, changed last two rows to sc and it felted like a dream!

This one is going to Toni (dobermama) for her church....along with a few others.

kuddles

I'm going to add the pic of the SBT I finished last night- in Caron SS in Spring Brook and Sage. Also adding a pic of the first ever lining I did!! Not perfect, but it'll do!! I lined SBT#4! The lining is coffee beans- so it's perfect for me. This is the one I decided to keep for me!

Hey everyone,

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Absolutely Outstanding work ladies!!!¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

:heart

:mug

Dear Ducky:

Prayers are being sent for your Tony... So sorry to hear he is not feeling.

hugs

Lillibet

QUOTE=ducky73;2285804]awesome "tote" bag holder! after all it DOES hold bags right?

yup im the couponer...i am however not an INSANE couponer. i clip coupons on sunday from 3 different papers, and my all you magazine. then i go through them and see what ones i want to keep and send the rest on to a friend who also coupons. then on shopping day make a list and see what coupons i can use. we dont save a whole lot right now but every penny adds up when youre on a week to week budget. (its gotten to the point in the past that we have literally had to decide should we pay this bill or put gas in car to get to work...

went to "uncles" (aka vet) yesterday evening. took tony and naturally had to take tonya too. otherwise she would have thrown one heck of a hissy fit. all we seemed to get was bad news though. his ears had been bothering him for quite some time si we had them checked out. hes got multiple tumors growing in each ear. its to the point they will eventually make his ears grow shut and he will be deaf then (may as wel be like me ...impartially deaf...) incle took his temp and that was normal. as to his "other" issue...hes definitely blocked. got some "candy" (aka medicine) for that. we have to give it 3-4 times a day. he said in a few days things SHOULD be moving. on another bad note tony also has lump near his right hind leg. unsure at this point if its due to being plugged up or if its a hernia. gotta get th eplugged upidenss cired then may have to get xrays to see what the lump is.

i would have been on last night but we came home and i laid down for a while to spend time with tony and we both fell asleep

kuddles

Very nice

hope everybody is well and safe this afternoon. my DH is on his way home from work and the storms are predicted to hit our county at four. i hope he makes it home by then or shortly after!!!

Hi everyone. Got the second site done at 4 am! <sigh> A little bit tired.

Ducky, hope your doggy gets better. Stay safe and alert with the weather. Prayers your way.

Doubt I can catch up on all the missed threads but :waving to everyone. Hope you are all doing great. Love the new bags/totes. I plan on crocheting SOMETHING this afternoon. lol Missed it too long. Have a great day everyone.

Looks GREAT!!! :):tup

hope everybody is well and safe this afternoon. my DH is on his way home from work and the storms are predicted to hit our county at four. i hope he makes it home by then or shortly after!!!

praying for safety for you and those around you..like all if IL if need be!

Great job Toni!! :hug

Poor wittle guy. :(

Well, today is my Monday and its living up to it. Busy day at work. We have a new vet and just trying to get him "trained" ;) is proving difficult. :lol I work alone tomorrow (with my volunteers though) and Sat. So I'll be up to my eyeballs.

Sorry if I missed some posts. I'm flipping back and forth between this and my Ethics discussion. I sure hope I don't post in the wrong forum cause what we are discussing might get me in trouble with Amy and Donna! :lol

progress report

tony has pooped! sorry for the grossosity factor there!!!

were in for a doozy of a storm. its beginning to rumble

back to my hook & yarn for now

Archived