crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

annie- you are in my thoughts, so sorry to hear about Hannibal and your infection. :hug I'll be hoping for a speedy recovery.

Gardner- I have been trying to soak everything in from that site for a week. I just graduated in august so I am still considered a new nurse, but this mgr. will consider new nurses since there is a nice 16 week orientation.and I have heard through the grapevine that a bunch of nurses are moving on with further degrees. ps where in MI do you live? could we be possible neighbors and yarn shopping partners? :think

I love all the totes and color combos everyone has come up with.

and sue just because it doesnt weigh much doesnt mean it could beat a car from the motor city esp. since it was one heck of a fast car that had not lost a race :D

I live near Grand Rapids. I've been a nurse for over 30 years, and spent nearly all that time in ICU. My youngest DD graduated from university with a nursing degree last May. Our ICU orientation is is about that long too.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I live near Grand Rapids. I've been a nurse for over 30 years, and spent nearly all that time in ICU. My youngest DD graduated from university with a nursing degree last May. Our ICU orientation is is about that long too.

Hmmm only about 2 hours from each other.

I also just bought ICU made easy to try and get a head start on everything. since I want to be a NP I have to have at least 2 years acute care so i am really hoping.

I live near Grand Rapids.

Hmmm only about 2 hours from each other.

only about 2 hrs from here too!

where are you at? i'm just slightly north of the big D. by slightly I mean I can walk there if I really wanted to risk it

about an hour and a half north of the D, depending on traffic.

Good Morning fellow addicts!:coffee Finished baby afghan #1 last night, so to treat myself for this accomplishment, my next project will be another tote. :yay:yay If I don't go to Zumba :elle tonight, I'll start it after dinner. If I do go shake my bootie, then it will be a Wed project. My mission today at work is to figure out what colors in my stash will be used. Can't I just stay home and play with yarn??? Pleeeezzze??? :P

Oh well, off to get ready for the war zone, ummm, work. Hope everyone's Tuesday is better than their Monday was. :hug to all in need of a :hug

Toodles!

Love it!

Ok ladies, I am so ready for today to be over with! I hadn't mentioned it earlier, but for the past several days I've been in a great deal of pain (more than usual), then this morning I noticed blood around my stoma! :eek After we buried Hannibal I called my doctor and got an appt. Sure enough, I have an infection! Don't know how widespread it is, but guess that's why my entire body hurts! She gave me a script for some stronger pain meds, but so far they're not doing much good either. Think I'll veg out in front of the tv and watch the House season finale and try to get distracted!:lol Tomorrow has to be a better day! Sorry for all "downer" stuff today. I'll be back to :crocheting tomorrow!

Oh hon! :hug Hope you feel better AND you have a great day today!

kuddles

Good morning to everyone and I hope this is a great day for all!

Worked on testing Sue's newest tote last nite - you guys are gonna LOVE it! But of course!

DD is back to school today so I'm back to work. A blessing and a curse! LOL

Take care!

kuddles

Good morning everyone! :D:hug:hug to everyone who needs a morning hug!

So I was running late this morning, dealing with some pressure buildup in my head as well (hate this PTC/IH crap), people driving 20 mph UNDER the speed limit, thinking about everything that needs to be done today (delivery guys bringing washer today, a/c guy coming out to fix a/c, need to make new sale sign for our old house with updated sale price, etc) and said screw it. I turned around and came back home.

It's only my 2nd absence since I hired in the company 1 1/2 years ago, I think I'm safe!

So its not even 8am and I already have the dishwasher going, laundry sorted so I can do laundry once the washer is installed, the flyer is ready for the old house, and I even managed to get a salad thrown together for my hubby's lunch before he hightailed it out the door. :cheer

Definitely going to try to get some crocheting :crocheting time in as well, but not sure if I'll do another SBT (soooo addicting) or try the market bag. Hm. OR... I could finish the ripple blanket I started to put in the donation pile.

Hm. :think

Good morning ladies :hi

I hope everyone is ok from these storms and I think there's still more in store for today :( Last night I started a plastic bag holder for my mom, she asked me if I'd make her one and I'll be going up there this weekend :yes I'll be lurking around until I head out for work :lol

So I was running late this morning, dealing with some pressure buildup in my head as well (hate this PTC/IH crap), people driving 20 mph UNDER the speed limit, thinking about everything that needs to be done today (delivery guys bringing washer today, a/c guy coming out to fix a/c, need to make new sale sign for our old house with updated sale price, etc) and said screw it. I turned around and came back home.

It's only my 2nd absence since I hired in the company 1 1/2 years ago, I think I'm safe!

So its not even 8am and I already have the dishwasher going, laundry sorted so I can do laundry once the washer is installed, the flyer is ready for the old house, and I even managed to get a salad thrown together for my hubby's lunch before he hightailed it out the door. :cheer

Definitely going to try to get some crocheting :crocheting time in as well, but not sure if I'll do another SBT (soooo addicting) or try the market bag. Hm. OR... I could finish the ripple blanket I started to put in the donation pile.

Good for you! You deserve a day! Enjoy it!!!! Don't JUST work, definitely have some fun too!

kuddles

Ok ladies, I am so ready for today to be over with! I hadn't mentioned it earlier, but for the past several days I've been in a great deal of pain (more than usual), then this morning I noticed blood around my stoma! :eek After we buried Hannibal I called my doctor and got an appt. Sure enough, I have an infection! Don't know how widespread it is, but guess that's why my entire body hurts! She gave me a script for some stronger pain meds, but so far they're not doing much good either. Think I'll veg out in front of the tv and watch the House season finale and try to get distracted!:lol Tomorrow has to be a better day! Sorry for all "downer" stuff today. I'll be back to :crocheting tomorrow!

Awww Ann! I hope today is better for you! :hug

and sue just because it doesnt weigh much doesnt mean it could beat a car from the motor city esp. since it was one heck of a fast car that had not lost a race :D

Race down here then...we'll go shopping! :)

ugh why is everyone north? I need some yarn store buddies

I'm not north. :(

Worked on testing Sue's newest tote last nite - you guys are gonna LOVE it! But of course!

DD is back to school today so I'm back to work. A blessing and a curse! LOL

Take care!

kuddles

Thanks Mama. Glad lil sis is feeling better! :hug I'm going shopping with Mom later. Blessing and a curse. :rofl

Enjoy your day off. Make some totes and give your brain a rest!

What's PTC/IH??

:turtle:vheart

Good morning.

Shell Lee, I would also be annoyed by people who drive 20 miles under the speed limit at rush hour, but here that seems to be more of a problem in the afternoons. I don't usually get on the freeway, because of that. I can get home just as fast driving through the city. Hope you have a productive day.

I'm working on finishing a granny stripes afghan that I started a year ago, but I'm also planning to start the pocket bag today.

Looks good!

Thanks! I have to make it in another color since red doesn't photograph well. So I'll do one in cotton and another felted. :)

What's PTC/IH??

Was wondering the same thing :think

Finished a new pattern last night. Similar to Hobo Hearts, but smaller with a drawstring. Introducing: Heart Strings. :)

[ATTACH]39727[/ATTACH]

purdy, purdy tote!!!

What's PTC/IH??

Was wondering the same thing :think

PTC/IH is shorthand for PseudoTumor Cerebri/Intracranial Hypertension.

PseudoTumor Cerebri is the old name for it, but some doctors still use that term. The new(er) name for the illness is Intracranial Hypertension.

Intracranial hypertension is basically an illness where cerebrospinal fluid pressure within the skull is too high. Symptoms are severe headache, visual changes due to swollen optic nerves such as blurry/cloudy vision and losing vision temporarily, and a whooshing or ringing noise in one or both ears.

If not "cured", it can lead to permanent blindness, as well as more and more severe headaches. Imagine the worst migraine you've had, and make it 10 times worse.

My vision is legally 20/20, yet there are times when things are so blurry I can't drive or focus on anything. I have headaches daily, but most are mild for the daily ones, then the severe ones kick in. I constantly have the ringing in my ears, some days worse than others (when the headache is worse, the ringing is worse) and the whooshing kicks in when I'm laying down.

Today is one of what I call my "high pressure" days. Yesterday was one as well. The ringing is bad today and my head feels full of pressure. It's similar to sinus pressure but instead of being in the sinus area, its the whole head plus my right eye feels like it's being pushed out.

It was referred to as PseudoTumor Cerebri in the past because it mimics a brain tumor, but the name has gotten a bad rap because people hear Pseudo Tumor and think "Oh, you're just faking it, you're not really sick" and don't understand that just because its a "false tumor" doesn't mean its not still the same symptoms and issues.

PTC/IH is shorthand for PseudoTumor Cerebri/Intracranial Hypertension.

I was curious because my mom has something called hydrocephalus and yours sounded similar. Hope you get to feeling better today

I was curious because my mom has something called hydrocephalus and yours sounded similar. Hope you get to feeling better today

walker i have hydrocephalus with an intercranial shunt. dr's said at age 12 i wasnt using the shunt but would do mpre harm than good to take it out. i have migraines and sinus headaches, that i dont dare mention to m ma cause if i do she swears its my shunt....im old enough to know if its my shunt or not..trust me on that

to everybody a happy and sunshiny day to you all. i almost have sbt 3 finished (1 1/2 more rows) but cant take a picture just yet as mr sunshine isnt cooperating much

Didn't work today or yesterday because the system telecommuters use to log-in and all external systems are down. They want us to either come into the closest office or take vacation time. To far and to costly to drive in and used all my vacation and float time for my surgery and the storms without electricity.

Sue, love, love, love heart strings!!!!

Shell, good to take day off occasionally. Me, our VPN system and all external systems are down, so couldn't log into work yesterday or today, not good. Hoping it is back up tomorrow, I have a lot of work that needs to be done. Thank you for the explanation, I'm going to mention it to my dd as they can't seem to find what is causing her severe, dibilatating headaches.

:hug :hug :hug to all that need them and TTYL

Archived