crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

My second SBT felted - also posted in show and tell - to avoid issues, changed last two rows to sc and it felted like a dream!

This one is going to Toni (dobermama) for her church....along with a few others.

kuddles

post-17419-135897661806_thumb.jpg

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this is #22..I'm losing count :rofl

first pic is more accurate on color. Had a couple of rows of fun :cheer fur I added in this one. The V stitches were done in a single bulky yarn. I was a couple of rows short as I ran out of the bulky yarn.

Very pretty!

My second SBT felted - also posted in show and tell - to avoid issues, changed last two rows to sc and it felted like a dream!

This one is going to Toni (dobermama) for her church....along with a few others.

kuddles

Those colors look so beautiful felted.

I'm going to add the pic of the SBT I finished last night- in Caron SS in Spring Brook and Sage. Also adding a pic of the first ever lining I did!! Not perfect, but it'll do!! I lined SBT#4! The lining is coffee beans- so it's perfect for me. This is the one I decided to keep for me!

post-27163-135897661808_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897661811_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897661815_thumb.jpg

Good Morning fellow addicts!:coffee Finished baby afghan #1 last night, so to treat myself for this accomplishment, my next project will be another tote. :yay:yay If I don't go to Zumba :elle tonight, I'll start it after dinner. If I do go shake my bootie, then it will be a Wed project. My mission today at work is to figure out what colors in my stash will be used. Can't I just stay home and play with yarn??? Pleeeezzze??? :P

Oh well, off to get ready for the war zone, ummm, work. Hope everyone's Tuesday is better than their Monday was. :hug to all in need of a :hug

Toodles!

I call work Paradise so it doesn't sound so bad:lol I even have a little sign in my cubicle that says- "Just another day in Paradise"

I would so LOVE to stay home and play with yarn and crochet too!

Good morning to everyone and I hope this is a great day for all!

Worked on testing Sue's newest tote last nite - you guys are gonna LOVE it! But of course!

DD is back to school today so I'm back to work. A blessing and a curse! LOL

Take care!

kuddles

Definitely- a blessing and a curse!!! I'm sure I'm going to :manyheart the new tote!

Good morning everyone! :D:hug:hug to everyone who needs a morning hug!

So I was running late this morning, dealing with some pressure buildup in my head as well (hate this PTC/IH crap), people driving 20 mph UNDER the speed limit, thinking about everything that needs to be done today (delivery guys bringing washer today, a/c guy coming out to fix a/c, need to make new sale sign for our old house with updated sale price, etc) and said screw it. I turned around and came back home.

It's only my 2nd absence since I hired in the company 1 1/2 years ago, I think I'm safe!

So its not even 8am and I already have the dishwasher going, laundry sorted so I can do laundry once the washer is installed, the flyer is ready for the old house, and I even managed to get a salad thrown together for my hubby's lunch before he hightailed it out the door. :cheer

Definitely going to try to get some crocheting :crocheting time in as well, but not sure if I'll do another SBT (soooo addicting) or try the market bag. Hm. OR... I could finish the ripple blanket I started to put in the donation pile.

Hm. :think

Here's a few:hug:hug:hug:hug for you!!!!

Finished a new pattern last night. Similar to Hobo Hearts, but smaller with a drawstring. Introducing: Heart Strings. :)

[ATTACH]39727[/ATTACH]

:turtle:vheart

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart Beautiful!! Even in the red (that supposedly doesn't photograph well:lol)

Good Morning Everyone!

Thank you all for the kind words, hugs and prayers. The house seems very empty today, but we are dealing with it. As far as my infection goes, I haven't heard back from the drs office yet regarding the blood test. The pain meds are taking the edge off though, so that's a good thing! I just make sure to take them every 4 hours! :yes Ok, time to go work on the granny go round tote some more! :hook

Sue, I love the Heart Strings tote! It's beautiful!

Hugs to all! :hug

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better today- and that the pain meds are helping somewhat! I'm sure the house will feel empty for a while- but it's a good thing you have totes to work on and occupy yourself with!!!

first pic is more accurate on color. Had a couple of rows of fun :cheer fur I added in this one. The V stitches were done in a single bulky yarn. I was a couple of rows short as I ran out of the bulky yarn.

Love it with the fun fur!

awesome totes gals! just wamted to pop in for a second and let yalll know ive finished SBT 3 and am starting 4. pictures later this evening i hope.

also keep my furbaby in your prayers as we are taking him to see "uncle" (the big no no word around here ~~~VET) this evening and if hes a good boy we might buy him a hamburger (aka trip to dairy queen) i know its bad to fool them like that but if we dont its disassemble th ebed every flippin time. so they get car rides to daury queen or whatever fast food place is close. im so worried about my tony i broke down and cried last night at the thought of if we cant figure this out we might loose him...group hug please? :hug

Hope all went well at "uncle's" this evening- and enjoy the trip to dairy queen. Here's a few:hug:hug:hug:hug

So I was starting to feel a little better this morning, the pressure in my brain was easing off a bit. Then I went and hit my head on the ceramic towel rack while moving something.

That was at 11am. I still have tears coming to my eyes now my head hurts so bad. Hitting my head caused the pressure to build up tremendously and I can't get it to go down. Just took my last daily pill this morning (didn't pick up my prescription yet for refill) otherwise I'd take a 2nd pill to see if that'd help.

Sorry to unload here, but ya'll feel like friends/family and I hoped you wouldn't mind if I cried a little here to try to take my mind off things.

On a good note though, before I smacked my brain around, I did get most of a small tote/purse crocheted up this morning. No pattern, just whipped something up. I think I'm on the last round or so plus need handle(s) of some sort.

:hug:hug:hug:hug

Just got the call, they hired someone for our technician position (finally) that's been unoccupied since FEB!! Its my counter part, so they hired from within and her position can be filled immediately since we're contracted. :cheer

:yay:clap:cheer:yay Awesome news~

kuddles

As you would say-----WOOT:cheer:yay:clap

:lol

Woot! :cheer:clap

kuddles

Still will be 1 person short (medical leave), but 4 is better than 3! :cheer

kuddles

LOVE IT!

I'm going to add the pic of the SBT I finished last night- in Caron SS in Spring Brook and Sage. Also adding a pic of the first ever lining I did!! Not perfect, but it'll do!! I lined SBT#4! The lining is coffee beans- so it's perfect for me. This is the one I decided to keep for me!

Love them! You did a great job!

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart Beautiful!! Even in the red (that supposedly doesn't photograph well:lol)

:yay:clap:cheer:yay Awesome news~

Its a deeper red than what's shown. Most of the time red comes out BLINDING! :lol

Work will ease up soon, just in time for the busy season. :lol

I'm noticing that I have an abundance of purples, blues, greens but very little of any other colors to do anything with lol.

Nice bags and great job on the linings.

Guys, popping in to say please keep praying for those in tornado paths. Just heard one hit my home town in Oklahoma. Family are ok but haven't heard from friends. Several tornados heading towards OKC. Numbers from Joplin's tornado are staggering. 120 dead, 750 wounded and 1500 missing. Really need some heavy prayers. NE OK, SW MO, and AR expecting worse storms of the year tonight with mega cell tornados. I'll pop in as I can.

awesome totes gals! just wamted to pop in for a second and let yalll know ive finished SBT 3 and am starting 4. pictures later this evening i hope.

also keep my furbaby in your prayers as we are taking him to see "uncle" (the big no no word around here ~~~VET) this evening and if hes a good boy we might buy him a hamburger (aka trip to dairy queen) i know its bad to fool them like that but if we dont its disassemble th ebed every flippin time. so they get car rides to daury queen or whatever fast food place is close. im so worried about my tony i broke down and cried last night at the thought of if we cant figure this out we might loose him...group hug please? :hug

:hug:hug:hug:hug

Guys, popping in to say please keep praying for those in tornado paths. Just heard one hit my home town in Oklahoma. Family are ok but haven't heard from friends. Several tornados heading towards OKC. Numbers from Joplin's tornado are staggering. 120 dead, 750 wounded and 1500 missing. Really need some heavy prayers. NE OK, SW MO, and AR expecting worse storms of the year tonight with mega cell tornados. I'll pop in as I can.

STephanie- Prayers and positive thoughts and :hug:hug:hug Stay safe:hug

Sending prayers for those affected, and for safety in the predicted storms.

Stephanie, prayers for you and yours. My friend outside OK city sent me email with her dd's phone numbers. Think they were all headed to shelters. Then my friend who is a truck driver called me and left some phone numbers with me, he's at a truck stop in OK City and said one was headed his way. My sister has many friends in AR where her property is and in Joplin area, she's burning sage and praying. So scary.

kuddles

Love it! Will have to pick the right towels and yarn for the toppers, dishcloth and potholder. Thank you!:hug:hug:hug

Finished a new pattern last night. Similar to Hobo Hearts, but smaller with a drawstring. Introducing: Heart Strings. :)

[ATTACH]39727[/ATTACH]

Love it :manyheart You are on a roll girl :lol

Good morning.

Shell Lee, I would also be annoyed by people who drive 20 miles under the speed limit at rush hour, but here that seems to be more of a problem in the afternoons. I don't usually get on the freeway, because of that. I can get home just as fast driving through the city. Hope you have a productive day.

I'm working on finishing a granny stripes afghan that I started a year ago, but I'm also planning to start the pocket bag today.

You're going to town on old WIP's lately :h5 I should take your lead and get back to my stained glass afghan that only has 1 complete panel so far :eek

So cute :manyheart Love it

:hug:ghug:hug:ghug:hug:ghug Hope all goes well

So I was starting to feel a little better this morning, the pressure in my brain was easing off a bit. Then I went and hit my head on the ceramic towel rack while moving something.

That was at 11am. I still have tears coming to my eyes now my head hurts so bad. Hitting my head caused the pressure to build up tremendously and I can't get it to go down. Just took my last daily pill this morning (didn't pick up my prescription yet for refill) otherwise I'd take a 2nd pill to see if that'd help.

Sorry to unload here, but ya'll feel like friends/family and I hoped you wouldn't mind if I cried a little here to try to take my mind off things.

On a good note though, before I smacked my brain around, I did get most of a small tote/purse crocheted up this morning. No pattern, just whipped something up. I think I'm on the last round or so plus need handle(s) of some sort.

:hug :hug :hug Unload any time honey....we're always here :ghug

kuddles

So cute, love it :manyheart

Great job :yay:clap:cheer

[quote name=sop

o]Guys, popping in to say please keep praying for those in tornado paths. Just heard one hit my home town in Oklahoma. Family are ok but haven't heard from friends. Several tornados heading towards OKC. Numbers from Joplin's tornado are staggering. 120 dead, 750 wounded and 1500 missing. Really need some heavy prayers. NE OK, SW MO, and AR expecting worse storms of the year tonight with mega cell tornados. I'll pop in as I can.

Prayers are surely being said, hope you hear from your friends :hug :hug :hug

I've been asked for tons of prayers and will add even more! This is so scarey! Praying now......

kuddles

As you would say-----WOOT:cheer:yay:clap

:lol

thank you..that reminded me to go check out the woot shirt..for those who are Princess Bride fans :cheer

Praying for those in the paths of the storms

More tornadoes? (havent had news/weather on all day). Man who ticked off Mother Nature. I hope that everyone can get to safety and stay out of the destructive paths of these monster tornadoes. Please keep us posted when you hear from your friends.

Joplin's tornado, its scary how bad that one was. With all the technology we have now, and we still cant give enough warning to save people. And these tornadoes this year so far are just beyond crazy. Even those that had enough warning, still couldn't get to safety in time. Or they got to where it should have been safe and these monsters still took away that safety.

thank you..that reminded me to go check out the woot shirt..for those who are Princess Bride fans :cheer

Princess Bride has got to be one of my most favorite movies! I watch it every chance I get when it's on tv, even if I watched it the night before! Someday I need to get it on DVD so I can watch it whenever I want.

Hey everyone,

I watched american idol and now have on dwts waiting to see the winner :bounce Oh I hope it's Hines :xfin :xfin :xfin

Wanted to share my mom's new plastic bag holder I finished while watching Idol.....I know, I know...it's not a tote :shrug:lol

post-36814-135897661845_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897661849_thumb.jpg

Man, my internet is wonky for a day or so and I'm running around like a headless chicken and this place goes NUTS!! :lol

Sue, I love the new heart tote!! :D

:hug to everyone needing them...

Just finished SBT #4

Yarn used: Caron Simply Soft Eco in Plum Perfect and Caron Paints in Harlequin. I changed it up a little by making the V-stitch area the solid color and the bottom and top/handles are the varigated. The closeup picture shows the colors better.

Awesome!!!

Love it!

Ok ladies, I am so ready for today to be over with! I hadn't mentioned it earlier, but for the past several days I've been in a great deal of pain (more than usual), then this morning I noticed blood around my stoma! :eek After we buried Hannibal I called my doctor and got an appt. Sure enough, I have an infection! Don't know how widespread it is, but guess that's why my entire body hurts! She gave me a script for some stronger pain meds, but so far they're not doing much good either. Think I'll veg out in front of the tv and watch the House season finale and try to get distracted!:lol Tomorrow has to be a better day! Sorry for all "downer" stuff today. I'll be back to :crocheting tomorrow!

I sure hope the antibiotics and pain meds kick in soon! "Downer" stuff is a lot easier to deal with when you have lots of help in holding it up! :) Unload all you want!! :hug

PTC/IH is shorthand for PseudoTumor Cerebri/Intracranial Hypertension.

PseudoTumor Cerebri is the old name for it, but some doctors still use that term. The new(er) name for the illness is Intracranial Hypertension.

Intracranial hypertension is basically an illness where cerebrospinal fluid pressure within the skull is too high. Symptoms are severe headache, visual changes due to swollen optic nerves such as blurry/cloudy vision and losing vision temporarily, and a whooshing or ringing noise in one or both ears.

If not "cured", it can lead to permanent blindness, as well as more and more severe headaches. Imagine the worst migraine you've had, and make it 10 times worse.

My vision is legally 20/20, yet there are times when things are so blurry I can't drive or focus on anything. I have headaches daily, but most are mild for the daily ones, then the severe ones kick in. I constantly have the ringing in my ears, some days worse than others (when the headache is worse, the ringing is worse) and the whooshing kicks in when I'm laying down.

Today is one of what I call my "high pressure" days. Yesterday was one as well. The ringing is bad today and my head feels full of pressure. It's similar to sinus pressure but instead of being in the sinus area, its the whole head plus my right eye feels like it's being pushed out.

It was referred to as PseudoTumor Cerebri in the past because it mimics a brain tumor, but the name has gotten a bad rap because people hear Pseudo Tumor and think "Oh, you're just faking it, you're not really sick" and don't understand that just because its a "false tumor" doesn't mean its not still the same symptoms and issues.

Wowwee!! That sounds HORRIBLE! :( What treatment options are there? You said if it's left "uncured" it can cause permanent blindness, as well as more and more severe headaches, so what do you do? Is it mostly something you can control with medications or is there something you can do (like Ducky) with having a shunt put in? A friend of mine has a shunt but I can't remember why (I know she has suffered from seizures) for sure... :hug I hope it gets better...

:tup looks great! I have fun fur in my stash, I'll have to remember this! :yes

:ghug Keep us posted!!! :hug

:worried:blink:yuck The tote sounds cute - the pain in the head sounds awful. :hug

kuddles

Looks great!! :yes

LOVE THEM!!! :tup Oh man, I can't wait to get to some of these!!! :yes

Hey everyone,

I watched american idol and now have on dwts waiting to see the winner :bounce Oh I hope it's Hines :xfin :xfin :xfin

Wanted to share my mom's new plastic bag holder I finished while watching Idol.....I know, I know...it's not a tote :shrug:lol

It is a tote of sorts - it holds things, right? LOL :yay Turned out GREAT!!

love the heart tote and love that bag holder. i had thought about trying one.

lived through the storms so far. tornadoes seem popping up all over. a small community with 100 homes was wiped out down by I 44. a friend told me that wikipedia had it updated within minutes and used past tense talking about the town. :(

most friends in Chickasha accounted for. Some crazy pictures of the tornadoes. Seems everyone had one by their house or in their yard. a couple friends house were hit and one's parents... totally destroyed. not confirmed but saying 9 dead.

scary weather this. can't wait to get back to crocheting. staying up late to watch storms and finish second site. THEN i can get my hook out. i'm having withdrawal along with nerves.

:hug to you all.

Archived