My first painted doily

Raine59

I've never posted a picture here but wanted to share my first painted doily which I made with embroidery floss. Hopefully it will turn out okay. It was hard to get the colors to come out looking the way they really do but with any luck they won't be too far off. Thanks to all who gave me advice on the thread forum. I'm going to put it for sale on Ebay and see what happens.

post-28263-135897633253_thumb.jpg

post-28263-135897633258_thumb.jpg

Came out so nice. I love how nicely each point of change of colors was. I havent tried a painted doily yet but its on my list. I love the pattern you chose to use also. I think I might use that one for my first time if I knew what it was? Very good work.

Crochet4ever, I used a pattern from a Japanese doily book, one of those where the directions are in Japanese but the patterns are diagrammed. I got it from a lady on Ebay that sells a lot of Japanese books. I'd tell you the title but it's in Japanese too! But if it's any help, the ISBN is 978-4-529-04470-7. But pineapple doily patterns are pretty easy to come by so I'm sure you could find something similar elsewhere. Thanks for your nice comments.

Archived