Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Morning, House.  Like Sherry, we are very cold at 10*!  I have plastic plant saucers filled with warm water for the birds and they are very thirsty. :manyheart  

Sherry ~ So glad Snuggles is doing well!

Marlene ~ Now I'm craving a big homemade breakfast with all the trimmings. :lol  

Judy ~ Yes,  DH really wants to do something...he can't play golf or use his woodworking tools anymore.  Thankfully, we're okay financially, but extra money would be fine, too. ;)

I've been working on a quilt 'ghan when I can.  It's a 'Trip Around the World' in rainbow colors.  What is everyone working on? :yarn

Have a great morning! ♥♥♥

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

☕~ Hi Ho everyone ......

Just poppin' in to say :hi HI! ????

I'll catch up with you all later......I'm spending the day with my mom again! Its been awesome hanging out with her! We've been exercising and eating better together....and I feel better! Wish it would help my headaches! ????

Have a great day!

????

Happy Weekend! And for me it's a three day weekend since I scheduled Monday off.

Brrrr----6 degrees when I left for work this morning. I'm so ready for spring!!! I'm glad I bought all the cold weather gear for the outdoor hockey game Sunday- It;s only going to be in the 20's. But should be lots of fun! And since I'm off Monday, I'll have the day to thaw out- LOL

Delivery man is here--gotta run!

Chinese food for dinner!

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, Good news on Miss Snuggles.

Mary, I'm working on the afghan for Zack. I'm looking forward to breakfast. 

Joanne, Enjoy your 3 day weekend and your game sunday.

When I got up at 8 (which is sleeping in for me) it was 32. It has been cold all day. But sunday were suppose to be back up to 70. We had some ice on are porch this morning. In Corpus Christy they had to close the big bridge down for an accident and ice. They said the last time was 3 years ago. Hope everyone has a warm saturday. 

Good morning!

We are going to get to a balmy low 30's today- but of course high of about 20 tomorrow when I'm at the game! LOL

Here's a pic of the Sunny Spread that I finally finished this week on my 'snow days'! Started in Aug 2012 and it's finally done-!

post-27163-0-03762200-1390657088_thumb.jpg

good morning, peeps!

As Joanne said it's going to be balmy today - in the 20's and maybe 30!!! It is very windy, though....

Joanne, that ghan came out so cute!!  Enjoy the game tomorrow!!

Have a great day my friends!

Tammy ~ Thank you for the beautiful "Good Morning!" :manyheart

Joanne ~ Your 'ghan is wonderful! :clap   The colors are so fresh and happy.  I think many of us have wips we need to address.  :lol 

Judy ~ Stay warm!  We were 10* yesterday a.m. and it's supposed to be 70 tomorrow.  Very strange winter for lots of us!

Hi Holly!  Are you still working on your afghan?  I hope your roads are okay - are you anywhere near that huge interstate pileup? Very tragic. :(

I hope everyone at Our House is having a good weekend. :ghug

We're staying in today - yay. ;)  Laundry going and crochet time coming up later. 

OMG....I totally went AWOL again!!!!

I've missed you ladies :hug

Sorry I've been away for so long, but I've been busy and although I've been meaning to stop in pretty much every day, but the day is gone before I know it!  I've joined a new gym so am back at it, working out at the office wasn't working out for me so well.  I also keep intending to pull pics from my camera to update my Ravelry since I like having them all in one place, but haven't gotten to that either :(

On the upside, I got quite a few new patients from the dr that just retired :) 

It's snowing here today so the one patient I had scheduled for today rescheduled for Monday, but I decided to come anyways to finish up some paperwork from yesterday.  It's not really that bad out, especially not compared to what I'm used to from growing up in the Poconos!

Of course I didn't even attempt to read up on what I've missed, so if there was anything important please feel free to update me.  Otherwise, I'll just jump back in here and move forward!  I'm currently working on an afghan for Isaac, my new nephew.  Maryann is pregnant and another friend as well, so I'll have to make things for them.  One of my cousins is getting married this year, so need to find a nice wedding ghan.  So as always, the to do list is ongoing.  I also want to make an infinity scarf for myself with a boucle type yarn that I have....just trying to decide if I want to crochet it or knit it?????

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend and I WILL be back on Monday or Tuesday!  That's a promise :)  I really wish there was an app for the iPad.

It's snowing again!

Marisa. So good to see your post. Missed you around here!!! Glad things are going well and please tell Maryann congrats from me. When is she due?

Heading over to babysit so DD can run to the store without having to bundle up the boys.

Good to see you Marisa! Wow, your hooks are going to be smoking!

As Joanne said earlier....it's snowing. Well, the pups are happy at least....

I have been working on my afghan, but not getting so far... I've been really tired lately. But it's not anything big.

We're about half an hour away from where that huge pileup was. Close enough that when we heard about it at work, we were all thinking whether anyone we knew would have been up there. It's a bad area in the winter.

'Morning, all. :)

Marisa!  So nice to see your post. :yes   I'm glad things are going well for you!

Joanne and Judy ~ How much snow have you had?  I hope you are both safe and warm. :manyheart

Holly ~ With work and family, it must be really hard to find much crochet time!  I hope you're feeling okay. :hug

DD and I are meeting for an early lunch or brunch and a little shopping today!  Neither of us can remember the last time just the two of us spent time together. :lol   It may have been over a year - before Zach was born!

Have a good morning, ladies. :manyheart

Mary have a great day with DD!

We only got an inch or two of snow...enough to make yesterday very interesting if you went out! The streets are good this morning but the new stuff is sitting on the old snow everywhere else...lol!

I think I'm getting slap happy.....

Good morning!

:cake:bday:birthday  Cindy! Hope you have a great day!!!

Like Judy said, it's cold out there- and I'll be leaving shortly for the Stadium Series game between the Devils and Rangers- I've got  layers on and when we get there I'll add the rest of the layers! I've also got hand warmers and foot warmers- I also found two stadium blankets that my Dad had and we'll bring them along too.

Mary enjoy your day with your DD!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Happy Birthday, Cindy!

We missed church this morning. When my alarm went off, I felt shivery and achy, so I decided to stay in bed a little longer and woke up at 10… oops! Apparently no one else was worried, though, since no one came to wake me up. I feel better now, but still tired.

It’s another cold day with snow in the forecast. Then Monday and Tuesday are supposed to be horribly cold… like -18 before you factor in the windchill. I’m guessing that school will be cancelled again. *sigh*

Happy Birthday Cindy!!!  Hope you had a great day!

Holly - Sorry you're not feeling well,  The rest was good for you though. 

Joanne - love the afghan!!  And I hope you enjoyed the game! 

Marisa - glad to see your post.  I've been missing a lot lately and thought I'd just missed seeing your posts.  Glad you have some new patients!  Sounds like you will be busy, busy crocheting!

Mary - we had a beautiful weekend!!  Temps were in the 60s and 70s--but in the morning, it will be back down in the teens.  If it gets 10 or below or the wind chill is -5 or below, OKC public schools will cancel again.  They canceled on Friday and by midmorning it was in the 40's.  They really need to figure out how to start late.   Was a big problem for me as littlest GS goes to a different school district and they didn't cancel.  He cried all the way into the classroom and the teacher finally had to pull him off of me.  He can't understand why his friends got to stay at day care and he didn't.  OKC schools will be making up a lot of days--I think they've been out at least 6 or 7 days already, and the last 2 were because of low temps not snow or ice.

Well, I finished my "Not Your Granny's Sweater".  I like it but it's not long enough in the back (at least for my likes) but I'll wear it at work to keep my shoulders warm (one boss doesn't like it to be warm in the office, so I've been freezing when it's really cold) and at the house.  My shoulders seem to always been cold but when wearing it after I got it finished, it's just right.  I'll try to get DD to take a pic of it on me and I'll try to post it later in the week.

Really dreading this week, the last week of January is the hardest as we have to have all the reports done for the year-end stuff for the conference.  I just hate these reports--they are worthless as far as membership numbers and the finance reports are so complicated.  But I hope to have them done by Wednesday (or at least that's my goal) and have the wonderful monthly newsletter out before the 1st.

Well, I'd better go and get some rest!  Everyone stay warm and safe!!  Hugs to all of you!

Our school district calls off if it's -20 windchill. Usually they start with a 2 hour delay to see if it will improve. Tomorrow, we just have a straight cancel. Some schools have already called Tuesday because of the forecast... it's been a crazy winter! I mean, I know that in the grand scheme of things, it's not. But it's been awhile since we've had one like this. And being not too far south of the tip of Lake Michigan, we're getting some good lake effect stuff too.

Good Morning, everyone. :)

:cake   Happy Birthday, Marisa!  I hope your day is extra special.  :manyheart 

And...it's a Birthday for "Our House!"  Julie started our original thread 7 years ago!  

Archived