Our House Part Two

JulieKay

:sun

☕ ~ Good afternoon House!

Finally getting a chance to really sit and surf the 'ville!

Look at how busy you all are!!! My goodness!

You all are the best! I love reading all your awesome posts of such love and support of each other here! This is the best group!!

Thank you so much for letting me be a part of it!!????

I've been busy working on crochet orders and gifts! In between spending time with my mom and getting Vehicles fixed!

One of my dear friends is a huge Broncos fan!

So .... This was her birthday gift from me!

Taking these two pictures outside made the orange really bright!

~ Ruffle scarf...

post-18634-0-84202300-1391285340_thumb.jpg

~ Infinity scarf...

post-18634-0-50965800-1391285371_thumb.jpg

~ Her whole gift...

post-18634-0-21929400-1391285415_thumb.jpg

????

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess what, I'm back! Amy got things straightened out. Evidently I was flagged as a scammer by the forum host. Not sure why though.

Holly, it's snowing here too. We got 4 or 5 inches today and it's still snowing. I'm so sick of driving on slippery roads!

Tam, what a great gift you made your friend.

Ii just got home from work, and ought to go help dh with dinner. Might check in later.

I posted ....or started to....this morning and the desktop computer made it disappear in mid sentence! I give up....

Anywho, Sherry, good luck keeping the pup from jumping! We've had one cat and are on dog number 8, and it's never easy!

Cindy, I read where you posted a lot right before you were blocked....that was obviously the problem. Glad Amy was angle to discover the problem!

Mary....batman's sidekick....that's so cute!

Linda, I read all three of the Hunger Games. Book one was a book club selection and along with several other ladies I devoured the other two books in rapid succession! And to think its under YA! Shows that you can't beat a good story.

Kudos on the new fabric!

Tam, those scarves are gorgeous! I love bright colors....and am rooting for Denver. You were inspired!

Have a great night my friends!

Tammy ~ The scarves are so pretty!  It's so nice that you're able to spend more time with your mom. :manyheart   How is Michael doing?

Cindy ~ Wow...we have our own official spammer. :lol;)   Stay safe on those roads.

Hi Judy! ♥

Holly ~ I was raised in Iowa...I'll never be a "real Texan," but winters like this make me happy I'm here. ;)

I started a scarf and made a few more little squares today.  It felt so good to have my hook and yarn in my hands again. :) 

Have a good night, everyone. ♥♥♥

Hi, all.  Had a good day at work.  My shoulders are finally calm down enough to crochet again.  Did a little tonight.

They're saying we may get more snow next weekend.  I hope not.  Stay safe of you in the snow, and the roads.  Most of the snow  is finally gone.  I don't look forward to more.  Hopefully it will miss us.

Love the scarves, Tammy.

Mary, 75 sounds marvelous!

Hi all

Had a little bit of excitement this weekend. Got a call at work Friday from DH. He was in the ER. He felt dizzy at work so they sent him to the ER. Because of his cardiac history and diabetes he was admitted. Long story short he got discharged last evening and his hgb A 1C is high. Glad I was there to hear the results of his labs from the dr. I'm sure DH would have said everything is fine. I think that this WAS a good wake up call for him.

Heading over to DD this afternoon for her annual Super Bowl party. Last night middle DD had her print shop grand re opening and unfortunately I didn't get to go since I didn't think it was a good idea to leave DH home alone. Plus we didn't get home until almost 7

Have a good day. I'm playing catch up with cleaning and laundry right now and just taking a quick break to check in

morning, peeps!

Joanne, that's scary about DH! I hope he cooperates with his diet and all....

Linda, glad you're feeling better.

Mary, enjoy your hook time!

Hi to everyone else...DS will be over for a late afternoon dinner and then we'll all settle in for the Super Bowl Being played in... NEW JERSEY :haha

Enjoy the day, my friends!

Hi all!  We're getting snow--the first of many storms :(  We probably have 2 inches already and more on the way.  We're supposed to get another snow storm on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday :(  At least we've got all our shopping done and have enough to last all week if we can't get out.  Not sure if the schools will be canceled or not tomorrow.  I'm hoping to get to work tomorrow so I can do payroll--the day care workers are concerned they won't get a check.  So if I can get out, I'll do it so I won't have to get out when it's worse.

Missy Snuggles got the cast off and she's doing great!  We will give her a bath today since she's sooooo stinky! 

We had both GS on Friday, and yesterday the oldest one went to the Winter Jam concert (a Christian concert that only cost $10 a ticket).  Haven't heard from them yet today but I'm sure he'd had a great time.  We still have little man and we've changed his name to "talks a lot".  LOL  He thinks he's going home today but I'm not sure he will be able to to, some of the interstates are closed or down to one lane.  I'd rather he stay here and be safe.  If he needs to go to school tomorrow I can do that as I take him anyway after lunch.  We'll just wait and see.

Everyone enjoy the game tonight!  we will have some snacks and enjoy the game and the commercials more!  Hugs to all and stay warm everyone!!!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Glad you were able to get things fixed with the ville. I'm so glad were here instead of home. Hubby would be complaining big time about the cold and the snow.

Mary, It was warm here friday thru this morning and now the cold spell is here. Funny last night to warm to sleep with a blanket on and tonight we will have a blanket and a comforter on. It will be on the cool side all week except tuesday. How cute Luke has a sidekick. 

Jeannie, Cute scarf. The doggy is going to look classy.

Joanne, I hope DH got his wake up call. Diabetes is nothing to play with. I have a friend here who is having problems and diabetes runs in her family. I just found out she hasn't seen a doctor in 2 years. We were having lunch and we always include are husbands for lunch when were doing something up at the club house. I shared with her about my BIL being in denial and all the problems he went thru because of it. I told her I will find her a doctor here. Her excuse was they moved last year and she hadn't found one yet. Her husband says she is in denial. On my drive along the coast I seen a sign for a doctor and I told her saturday about it. I hope she calls. I'll give her a week. Then I will go get the name, number and address and give it to her husband. Tell him to call and make an appt for her. 

Marisa, Ya for new patients!  Enjoy your date!

Sherry, How old is mr. talks a lot? Be careful out there in that weather. Good luck on keeping Miss Snuggles from jumping. 

Linda, Glad your able  to start crocheting again. Good buys on your material purchase. 

Judy, Enjoy your dinner and visit with DS. 

Friday was spent prepping for saturdays lasagna lunch. Friday night we went to the dance. We had a live band and a full house. People who never come to things came and lots of them stayed until 9:30. The band played until 10. They were really good. Saturday we had 90 people for lasagna. It was so good. It even had zucchini in it but you wouldn't even know it. We have a 50/50 raffle at the meals and half goes to relay for life. Lately people have been winning who buy there tickets near the end of sales. So I bought one when I set down to eat and I won. I split it with DH, but I told him since I was splitting it if we win on the super bowl raffles we are splitting it to. He agreed. I have witnesses. Last night we went to bingo and I won there to. I had to split 3 ways so only won 5 bucks. It was a fun day. Today were going to a super bowl party. The owners put it on and you are invited to go. It's not open to the whole park. I hope everyone enjoys the super bowl.

Joanne - hope things settle down for your DH with his health.  Very scary to get a call that someone is in the ER. 

Tammy - beautiful scarves.  I'm sure they will be well loved!

Marlene  - Mr. talks a lot is 5.  He talked almost non-stop yesterday after waking up at 6:30!!  It took him a long time to talk, so he's making up for lost time LOL.

Cindy  - Glad they found the problem. 

Well we got about 3 inches here.  More to come tomorrow.  School is on for today (which is a BIG surprise).  So I'll be heading out soon.  The main streets are ok but the side streets are very icy.  So I'll take it nice and slow.  Stay warm and safe everyone!!

Like Judy showed in her pic it is snowing. Wet heavy fast and furious. I stayed home. I offered to work from home but they told me I would have to take a personal day. So I am. IMO it would be better to have me work from home but I don't mind having a day off either

Have a good day. Bbl

Good morning. Cold here, (-1), but sunny. A winter storm is predicted for tomorrow into Wednesday. I'm off work until Thursday. We have at least two feet of snow on the ground. It's funny to watch Sophie chasing squirrels. They run on top of the snow, she sinks.

Joanne, enjoy your day off. It must have been scary to hear that your dh was in the ER. Hopefully he will be able to make the appropriate lifestyle changes.

Marlene, our winter has been pretty bad. Texas has has got to be better, even if it's colder than usual. I heard that Kent County is already over budget on snow removal, and they probably have 8 more weeks to deal with it. Although....dh says he heard we are going to have an early spring and that it will be warmer than usual. It's going to have to be warm to melt all this snow!

Sherry, stay safe on the roads. At least you will be able to take care of the payroll. We also have a Mr. talks-aLot! He's 4 and just learned how to sound out words. We were over there last night, and he read me his very own library book, five times. A 10 page book that uses only 5 words comprised of the same 10 or so letters tends to get just a little dull after the second or third go-through! Still, it was great to see him so excited about reading.

I finished one of my knit scarves, and also knit a hat last week. I don't like knitting in the round, but this hat is knit flat, using the short row technique and then sewed together. It actually turned out really well. It was a very easy knit, I used a stitch marker to avoid having to count and could even watch tv while working on it.

Hello.  Had an appointment with my kidney doctor today.  Everything fine.  Then had drawing class.  Today we were drawing sea shells.  I'm quite pleased with how mine turned out.  We'll be doing more of that next week.  I'll be able to get in two more classes before I move.  I'm looking forward to it.  Sounds like we'll all be continuing which is nice to.

I watched the Kitten Bowl on Hallmark channel yesterday.  Too cute!  And I did watch the Super Bowl, to.  What a blowout!  Yikes!  I don't think anyone expected that to happen.

post-9295-0-13661700-1391472690_thumb.jpg

Marlene, sounds like you are all keeping busy and active there.  I think that's wonderful.

I had to laugh at the title of Mr. Talks-a-lot.  Cute.

Joanne, I'm so glad that hubby was okay.  I'm glad you stayed home.  Sounds like things are a real mess out there.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Cute hate. A warm spring would be nice for a change. 

Sherry, Be careful out there. 

Joanne, It was probably a good choice to stay home today.

Linda, Nice seashell. Your very talented.

Saturday night I texted DD and told her I would face time with Maya yesterday before the game (she had a play date). It was so cold here so I called and told her we couldn't face time because it was to cold outside (I have to go outside by my car due to the wall blocking my signal). Maya says how cold is it grandma? I said I don't know the temp, but it is to cold for grandma to go outside to face time today. She says it's not as cold as it is here. She's just to smart. I told her no but it was cold. So next time I face time with her I'm going to ask her if she wants to go outside to face time with me. I got a feeling she's going to say no grandma it's to cold outside. 

We filled are third tank of propane today. We have used three tanks in 5 weeks. We have never used that many. It cost us 33.00 this time at ace hardware. That was with a 1.50 discount being a card member. We have a company who comes in here and fills us up on wednesdays so I will have them fill are other tank. The other two times we filled they were 24.00 each. Next year when we come I will bring an electric heater. Glad I'm not heating a house with propane.

I went to the jam session this afternoon and got some crocheting in. I have people come up to me every week to see what I'm making and today they come by and said how pretty it is and look how much you have done now. Another lady comes by and says that's all you've got done. I said I only work on it at the jam. She says you should bring it over to me and I'll get it done for you. I said I don't think so. She and her husband are leaving the park and I can say won't either one of them be missed. They both are different. 

Stay warm and be safe everyone. Have a nice tuesday!

We've got another storm heading our way tomorrow. Hooray??? Ugh.

All the projects for us are being put on hold. I made a little cocoon and hat set for a baby shower that was yesterday. I had told a friend that I'd make a blanket and hat for a shower for her in 3 weeks... not easy, but totally doable. Today I found out that she had the date wrong and it's in 2 weeks... goodness! She's ok with giving it to the mama when baby is born if I can't get it done before the shower, but I'm going to try.

Cindy - Glad your "Talks a Lot" is beginning to read.  It's so exciting when they do start reading.  Ours is just now beginning to recognize all the ABC's and trying to figure out what it spells.  Cute hat!

Holly - good luck on getting the gift done in two weeks.  Both my DDs think I can get an afghan done in a short time.  They usually give me about a week to get one done LOL.

Marlene - sounds like it's really cold where you are.  The price of propane here is up to from $1.50 to $4.89--people are having a tough time paying to fill their tanks.  Hopefully it will get warm soon so you can face time with Maya. 

Linda - love your drawing!!!  You are very talented.  I'm glad you're enjoying the class. Good news on the dr appt.

Joanne - I guess you'll be getting the stuff that we're getting now in a day or two?

We are off work today due to the snow/sleet we are now getting.  It's supposed to do this all morning so the OKC schools decided to close.  Haven't heard if GS will be out today or not.  They are in a different district.  Once OKC closes most of the other metro schools close, so I'm hoping that their school will close as well so DD doesn't have to get out. 

Well it's back to bed for me!!  Have a great day all and stay warm and safe!

Good morning ladies. It's super cold here again and no signs of sunshine this morning. Snow is once again in the forecast. Netherlands kids here have had so many snow and cold days that they will be in school for longer than expected this spring.

Wow, Sherry, propane is expensive there. We heat with propane, but we agree to a fixed rate at the beginning of the season. It is almost always a better deal than paying whatever the going rate is when they fill your tank. We use propane for cooking, hot water and the dryer as well. Luckily we also have a pellet stove which keeps our heat bills down.

Marlene, Maya can be so funny. She must really miss you.

Linda, I forgot to mention your sea she'll drawing. It is really good. Yesterday While looking around on Pinterest, I happened to come across pictures of circles that had been shaded to look dimensional. Each circle demonstrated a different method of shading and one of them just had random curved lines drawn on it. (Well, they appeared random, I suspect they were probably carefully placed.). At first glance it looked childish, but a better look turned that flat circle into a two dimensional one.

No big plans here for the day. I ought to go out and run some errands before the snow starts, but I don't feel much like it. We could use some fresh veggies, but I guess we can manage with frozen. I go through a lot of vegetables, being on Weight Watchers.

'Morning, all. :rain   We're getting some much needed rain.  More ice possible on Thursday...this is not normal for us!

Cindy ~ Great job on the knitted hat! :clap   I'm so glad you're back on the 'Ville without problems. :yes

Joanne ~ So sorry to hear about your DH's trip to the ER.  :hug   I hope he is much better now.  I think you were very smart to stay home yesterday - are the roads better today? 

Linda ~ Beautiful picture!  I'm so glad you're really enjoying the class.  Good news about the doctor visit, too! :cheer

Marlene ~ I hope it warms up for you.  MIL and FIL had a mobile home at Seadrift on San Antonio Bay for years.  When it was cold, it felt so much colder there right on the water!  But it sure was fun to buy shrimp and fish right off the boats!

Sherry ~ Yay for getting to sleep in for a change! :yes  Stay safe when you go out.

I know I'm a little behind again and have missed some of you. ♥

Yesterday, we bought two new OTT lights at Joann's.   (I used two 40% off coupons!)  One has a lighted magnifier/lamp combination and the other is a great desk lamp.  After one day, he loves them and they are helping a lot.  I may have to steal the one with the magnifier if I want to do cross stitch again. ;)  

Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning!  It's gray and gloomy outside and supposed to start raining this afternoon into tomorrow.  Then it's to clear off and do it again Thursday afternoon into Friday.  Still, that's lots better than snow, sleet, or ice.

Sherry, stay safe inside in the sleety mess you're getting.  It might be a good idea to keep GS home even if they do have school in his district.  That stuff is wicked to be out in.

Good luck, Holly, getting the blanket and hat done in two weeks.  It's possible but you'll have to really push and hope that nothing gets in the way.  And with two little ones that asking a lot.

Thank you for all the nice compliments on the sea shell.  The instructor said to frame it and we'll be surprised how good they look.  Today is Senior day at Goodwill so I'm going to pick up a frame and see what it looks like framed.

A trip to the laundrymat is also on the agenda for today.  Hope to get it all done before the rain starts in.

Got the paperwork from that apartment complex and looks like it will be out of my price range for a number of reasons.  Darn!  I liked it and so did my DD.  I don't meet the income requirements without a cosigner, too.  And that's something I'm very reluctant to have to have DD do for me.  I'm sure to find something and there's a lot of time left before I move.

Mary, that's great that the Ott light is helping hubby so quickly.  I've been tempted by them.

Hope you all have a good day.

Archived