Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good evening housemates :hi

It's supposed to get ugly here tonight!  After midnight I think, which is good because I'm heading out on a 2nd date with the guy from Saturday! :bounce  I really like this one, so we'll see what happens.  I think he likes me too, but they don't always make it easy to know.  However, it's a fancy restaurant tonight...I even had to run home to get different clothes!  So, obviously the date went well on Saturday.  We went to a dark beer tasting festival (my choice, lol) and then to a fairly but not overly casual dinner.

Then I went to church on Sunday with a patient that invited me because they were having a women's lunch after and she thought I could do a little networking.  Being raised catholic, I found this Presbyterian church to be quite different from what I'm used too!  But, I did meet a lot of new people.

In the evening we went across the street to the neighbors for the dismal super bowl.  We made strombolis and scotch eggs :drool

Yesterday morning I walked into town for a business seminar held by facebook....it was free, so why not!  Now here we are today....

I hope you're all having a wonderful week so far and I'll be back tomorrow to fill you in on tonights date :)

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all

Went to work today and the roads were pretty good until I got to the town where I work. It's always like that.

Like Marisa , we are supposed to get snow ice, sleet starting after midnight. Already told them at work that if it's bad I won't be coming in. We have a state of emergency already.

Marisa hope you have a fun night.

Linda. Too bad about the apartment. It I'm sure you'll find one you like. Love the seashell drawing. Did you find a frame?

Marlene. Hope it warms up so you can FaceTime with maya

Mary. I have 2 Ott lights. One is on e desk and the other one is a floor lamp. They really do make a difference and glad it helps your DH

Cindy. Hope you are enjoying your days off and don't have to go out in the cold, snow, etc

Judy. Loved your pic on fb. I took a few pics at work today of the trees with all the snow. Pretty to look at but if we get ice I could see lots of broken branches. It was a dismal Super Bowl but we had fun anyway.

Have a good evening and Wednesday

I finished John's quilt today and took it over to him this afternoon/evening.  It looks good if I do say so myself.  Just took a year to complete.   :P   Here's a picture of John and I with the quilt on his bed.  It's 82" by 92".

post-9295-0-11760300-1391570759_thumb.jpg

And here is a close up picture of the pattern.

post-9295-0-40635900-1391570809_thumb.jpg

I ended up having supper with them and visiting for a while, so didn't make it to  GoodWill to get the frame for the sea shell.  Will try to do that after work tomorrow.  They are open until 8:00 and we close at 7:00.

Good plan to stay home in the storm tomorrow, Joanne.

Good morning!

Ice out there this morning. Work has a delayed opening at 11. We will see what it's like later on.

Linda- the quilt is Beautiful!!!!!!! You did a great job on it!!!!

Cindy. I forgot to comment on your knitted hat!! I love it. I've been nursing a little elbow tendonitis and find that knitting in garter stitch doesn't bother me so I've been working on the all garter stitch blanket. I think purling aggravates it so my cable scarf and the ribbed scarf are on hold right now I was working on the ribbed scarf when DH was in the hospital and the next day it was sore

Spring I sure can't wait for your arrival!!! :-)

Linda - WOW!!  Beautiful quilt!!!

Joanne - hope you can stay in today!  I hate trying to drive on ice (which is what I did on Monday).

Marisa - hope the date goes well.  Glad you were able to meet a lot of new people.

Mary - hope you don't get the nasty stuff later this week.  We are in for some more nasty stuff for the next 2 weeks.

Will be going to work today :(  The roads are clear but the temps are extremely low.  We've already had the high today (during the night) at 23 or so.  It's 14 right now and won't be getting any warmer today.  The wind chills are -5 and below.  OKC schools closed again today due to the low temps but we will open the day care since the roads are ok.  With the forecast for the next several days, we might get some more days off but we'll see if they miss it or not.  Yesterday they missed how much snow/sleet we would get.  It had a dry line that pushed the snow up to the north.  We got about 2 inches but not the 6 they had predicted. 

Well, I'd better go and get ready to go in in this brutal cold.  Everyone stay safe and warm!!  Hugs to all.

morning peeps!

Both of our cars are encased in a shell of thin ice. The roads have had plows and such going past, but we have no reason to even think of going out today. I think I should do some cleaning....so I don't feel guilty about sitting and reading!

Joanne, take the day off....nothing is that important that you should risk life and limb!

Linda, the quilt is sooooo gorgeous!! I love the colors you used!!!

Sherry, stay warm and safe.

Cindy, Mary, Marisa, everyon - thinking about all of you.

Good morning. Snowing again, (but I will take snow over ice any day!). We got four or five inches over night and it's supposed to snow heavily until noon or so and then slow down. I have to work tomorrow and hope that the roads are clear by then.

Laundry and crafting are on my to do list today. I also have a pair of scrub pants that need hemming. I've frittered away a lot of time reading this week, today needs to be a bit more productive.

Linda, that quilt is simply gorgeous. What a wonderful gift. John looks pretty pleased with it.

Joanne, hope the roads clear up for you to get to work.

Marisa, good luck with the new guy! :)

Good Morning, House. :)   Wow, Mother Nature just keeps on and on with the ice and snow!  We're supposed to get snow tomorrow a.m. and the wind chill right now is about 12*.  Stay safe, everyone. :manyheart

Linda ~ The quilt is beautiful!  The smile on John's face (and yours!) says it all. :yes   Sorry about the apartment, but like you said, there are lots more out there.  Have you set a specific date for the move yet?

Sherry ~ It sounds like schools may go a lot longer in the Spring to make up for all the missed days!  I hope work is going more smoothly for you now. :)

Judy ~ Don't feel too quilty. :wink   I'm planning on some cleaning and laundry this morning...and crocheting all afternoon. :lol  We should probably pick up a few things at the store, just in case the weather man is right.

Marisa ~ You know we're all very curious about the new guy. ;)   I hope you had a wonderful time last night.

Hi to everyone at 'Our House.'  ♥♥♥

We went to the dreaded DPS - Driver's License place yesterday.  DH needs an official photo ID since he can't renew his license this time. :(   Anyway, we waited nearly 2 hours, but got that out of the way.  The time went by more quickly because we spoke with an Air Force pilot who had just retired and moved back to Texas.  A wonderful, dedicated veteran. :)

My driveway which is on a slope is a sheet of ice and I decided to take a vacation day even though work was opening at 11. I was going to attempt shoveling it and took one step outside, saw how slippery it was and went back inside. Dd called earlier and they lost power. Thankfully they have a generator from hurricane sandy.

Dd in Boston is getting all snow which I would rather have than ice!!!

I am being lazy and the only work I did was dusting which was desperately needed. I'm playing with the pointy sticks today

Holly, what blanket pattern are you making?

Mary, it took my older sister a long time to get around to getting her photo ID. Glad you had such a great way to pass the time. I ended up doing a lot of reading this afternoon....till my eyes got so tired I had to take a break. It was nice.

Hi, Cindy!

Hi Ladies,

Linda, The quilt is beautiful! You did a great job on it. John looks happy to have it. Sorry that apartment didn't work out for you, but the right one will.

Mary, We don't have an ott light, but we have one like it and hubby and I both use it. 

Hope all you girls getting the snow and ice are warm and safe. Were not getting that but it is only going to be in the 40's the next two days.

Marisa, Hope you had a nice time on your date.

Today at crafts we did the folding photo albums again. The relay for life put on a lunch. We had hot pulled pork sandwiches with chips and dessert. It was good. Tonight were going to go play cards. 

Stay warm everyone! Have a nice thursday!

Hey there housemates :hi

I know it's late.  I just finished up with a new patient and am getting ready to leave.  The date went great and it was the fancy kind at The Capital Grille!  :lol  Theeennnn, I woke up today sick!  I had a bit of a cough yesterday and today the congestions set it (although it's all clear) and I spiked a fever.  Keeping an eye on it and pumping in antioxidants.  Hopefully it runs its course quickly because I'm supposed to have date #3 on Saturday!  Tomorrow I don't have any patient's on my schedule so if I feel poorly when I wake up I think I will just stay in bed :shrug  We shall see.

Well, I'm feeling a little drained and want to get home, but just wanted to give you a quick report since I know you're all on the edge of your seat waiting to hear about the date!  :lol  I'll fill you in about him a bit more at a later time :hug

Well no school again and ALL the metro schools are closed, so we decided to close.  The roads are a mess and it just started snowing and it's blowing and making it hard to see.  AND we supposed to get more tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday :(  At least this round is just snow.  But the temps are really, really cold-- 8 degrees with a wind chill of -8 (for us that's really cold, I know several of you have more minus degree temps but we're just not used to this cold for this long). 

Joanne - glad you decided to stay home. 

Marisa - feel better soon and get some rest. 

Holly - that's a pretty pattern.  Looking forward to seeing your finished project.

Well, I think I'm off to bed again.  I've been awake for a long time waiting to see if the OKC schools were going to close (they chose today to be the last one to close instead of the first).

Stay warm and safe, my friends!

Morning....

Marisa I hope you feel better today...great news about date number 3 coming up!!

Holly, I'm adding that pattern to my baby blanket file. Really cute!

Sherry, we will all be glad when this winter is over!

Stay warm and cozy everyone.

Good Morning, House. :flake  Yep, it's 12 degrees and snowing in North Texas!  I'm so glad we don't have to go anywhere.

Holly ~ The pattern is adorable!  Thank you for sharing the link. :)   We'll be cheering you on with such a close deadline. :yes

Hi Judy! ♥

Sherry ~ What a way to get a day off!  Stay safe and warm...I hope you have some crochet time while you're home. :hook

I had planned to leave early (if we didn't have snow) and go to the Social Security office.  We have to go in person with lots of documentation to request Mom and Dad's SS 1099 for taxes.  Of course, it's first come, first served...it may be next week at this rate. ;)  My desk has lots of neat piles of papers all labeled with sticky notes. :lol  

Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Hi again. :)

We only got about 1½ inches, but the roads are icy with a chance for more tomorrow!   I started a ripple 'ghan with Vanna's baby colors.  So much for finishing some wips. :lol

I hope you are all staying warm. :manyheart

Mary - I didn't get to crochet today but may tonight.  We got 2 inches of snow.  The roads were a mess, it was a dry snow but packed down and became slick really quick.  I saw on the news where Dallas got ice and Houston got some winter stuff too! 

Joanne and all of you that are in the ice storm back east - please stay safe! 

Well, we decided to open tomorrow even though the schools are all closed again (the side streets are a horrible, slick mess) but we will open later so our early morning teachers don't have to leave so early when it's so cold and icy/slick.  More snow for tomorrow afternoon :(   I'm sooooooooooo ready for warmer weather!!!!!

Well, I guess I'll see if I can figure out something to crochet, or maybe I'll just read and stay under my nice warm afghan!!!  Please stay safe and warm!!

Hi all.

Went to work today and the commute was a little slower than normal but roads were pretty good.

Marissa. Feel better quick. Don't want u to miss date #3!!!! Glad it seems to be working out with this guy :-)

Sherry. Wow seems like it's pretty bad out there. We were supposed to get a monster storm this weekend but it seems to have take. A path that should only leave us with 2-3 inches Sunday. I can live with that ,

Mary I chuckled that you started another afghan. Wips are definitely not as much fun as starting a new project. Lol

Holly. Thanks for sharing the link. It's a cute blanket!

Linda. And Cindy. Hope work went well today

Judy. I stopped at Dunkin on the way home and bought 2 boxes of K cups for the Keurig. Yum!

DH is calling so off I go.

Hi again!

Boy, I can't wait for the ice that has frozen our backyard snow into huge mountains and valleys to disappear. Snow, like Joanne said, is ok, but ice...! I had to go out this morning to clean up the poopsicles and trying to keep my balance and avoid the worst of the valleys caused my back to bother me the rest of the day. The scoliosis curve must have received a few too many jolts. Two sessions with the heating pad and Aleve have helped it almost get back to normal! I feel so badly watching the dogs try and navigate it...but there's no scent out front for them to find. They're creatures of habit regarding where they do their business...lol!

We're very grateful we never lost our power this week. I know someone who had trees land on her house and they took down wires. And just one block away from us the entire block lost electricity - at almost 11 PM I could hear the tree company using their power saws on the tree that took them out! Too familiar a sound for me to relax....I remember the 13 days without power after Sandy hit just over a year ago.

Ok....I've finished ranting for the night. Have a good one my friends.

Hi Ladies,

Marisa, Hope your feeling better real soon. Yeah for date # 3! 

Holly, That is a pretty afghan. Thanks for sharing.

Hope everyone is staying warm. Were trying to. I made potato soup for supper. Have a nice friday everyone. 

Joanne, I just bought one box of the DD k cups in case hubby didn't care for them. I usually drink stronger coffee than that. He does like them though and has already learned how to use the brewer so when I'm away next month he won't have to go out for coffee.

Next time I'll get the 2 for...special.

Archived