Our House Part Two

JulieKay

morning all....

Tam, those are awesome pics!

Marlene, maybe we will know the pattern....

Well, Michaels is having a sale....and i really don't need yarn....well, maybe some basic colors....hmmmm....maybe some yarn will want to jump in the cart and come home with me.... :devil

Have a good day!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

Another storm heading our way tomorrow! anywhere from 6-10 inches and temps in the teens. Sure hope it warms up at least a little by Sunday!! I'm seriously contemplating not going to work tomorrow. Snow not supposed to start till mid morning, but is supposed to continue throughout the day into the night. The commute home could be a bear---we'll see how I feel in the morning.

Judy- Did any yarn jump into your cart at Michael's? I don't need yarn either, but yesterday after I went to Sports Authority I couldn't help but stop in AC Moore--and do you what jumped into my cart? 3 skeins of Hometown USA yarn that was on sale in a really pretty shade of blue. Couldn't resist! LOL

I'm off to craft club and hope you all have a good night!

Joanne, some yarn did jump into my cart...lol! Caron SS in some variegated to flesh out my supply for blanket making, as well as RH SS in some basic neutrals to also help with stash blankets....

Have fun tonight!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Hope you get some rest tonight. 

Joanne, Safe travels to work and home tomorrow if you decide to go in. 

Today at the jam session the announced an update about a man that was taken to the hospital saturday. Apparently they found him on the ground. He had a massive stroke. His brain is bleeding and they put him in an induced coma. They are from Michigan his wife plays music and sings. There children are coming in tomorrow from Alaska, China and Utah. So sad. 

I took Zack's afghan and was able to add 11 rows to it. I like this pattern. It goes quickly. It's at www.mooglyblog.com/leapingstripes-blocks-blanket-crochet/  

Hope everyone has a nice tuesday. 

Hi all,

Another storm heading our way tomorrow! anywhere from 6-10 inches and temps in the teens. Sure hope it warms up at least a little by Sunday!! I'm seriously contemplating not going to work tomorrow. Snow not supposed to start till mid morning, but is supposed to continue throughout the day into the night. The commute home could be a bear---we'll see how I feel in the morning.

Judy- Did any yarn jump into your cart at Michael's? I don't need yarn either, but yesterday after I went to Sports Authority I couldn't help but stop in AC Moore--and do you what jumped into my cart? 3 skeins of Hometown USA yarn that was on sale in a really pretty shade of blue. Couldn't resist! LOL

I'm off to craft club and hope you all have a good night!

Oh man .... Be careful if you decide to go into work! 6-10 inches.....yuck!

It's snowing here. They're saying we could get anywhere from 3-12 inches depending on how you look at the map... ugh... I'm ready for spring! :)

Geez....12? Omy!

Stay warm!

It's snowing here too, but it's only supposed to amount to an inch or so.

I ended up working 12 hours today, so I'm tired. Work again tomorrow.

Good grief...12 hours...you poor thing!

Hope you sleep good tonight!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Hope you get some rest tonight.

Joanne, Safe travels to work and home tomorrow if you decide to go in.

Today at the jam session the announced an update about a man that was taken to the hospital saturday. Apparently they found him on the ground. He had a massive stroke. His brain is bleeding and they put him in an induced coma. They are from Michigan his wife plays music and sings. There children are coming in tomorrow from Alaska, China and Utah. So sad.

I took Zack's afghan and was able to add 11 rows to it. I like this pattern. It goes quickly. It's at www.mooglyblog.com/leapingstripes-blocks-blanket-crochet/

Hope everyone has a nice tuesday.

Wow!! That's crazy about that poor man!

Oooooh....sounds like you're moving right along on that blanket! What colors are you using?

????

????

☕~ Good evening House.....

Well..... It was a busy day of crocheting for me!

I did get chores done with the help of my boys

and laundry down to 2 loads then it will be all done....

And the kitchen cleaned!

Here are the two Comfort'ghans I made for the families of the the girls that were killed in a car accident before Christmas!

This one has been delivered.....

post-18634-0-26737400-1390280728_thumb.jpg

This one will be delivered this week......

post-18634-0-11038700-1390280782_thumb.jpg

This is a dishcloth set I made my mom today.......

post-18634-0-66925300-1390280823_thumb.jpg

This is an iPad tote that I made myself today......

post-18634-0-63362800-1390280882_thumb.jpg

And here is the silliest...easiest hook holder ever!

*coffee cup

*ball of dark brown yarn wound on a yarn winder

Put yarn snug in the cup and place hooks about in a manner they can be easily accessed.

TahDah.....

post-18634-0-99496200-1390281070_thumb.jpg

And now.... I'm going to get a refill on my coffee and get some more work done on this slouchy hat!

Catch up more later!

????

Sorry to be so late checking in today, everyone.  It turns out that my LDL was high so they want me to go on a low fat diet (I've been on one for years.  :think DUH!) And they want me to get more fiber in my diet (while restricting the intake even more to keep the blood sugar down.  Good trick.)  And to exercise at least 30 minutes 5 days a week.  Sheesh!  :eek At least it wasn't something scary and super bad.

:birthday  Belated Happy Birthday, Holly!    :birthday

Drawing class was an eye-opener for me.  I'm the only one who got the 2-point perspective and half of the class was still stuck on 1-point perspective.  The guy in the class thought I'd had architectural drawing in the past!  WOW!  Nope.  Never have.  It just makes sense from my geometry class in high school.  Go figure.  Our assignment for the coming week is to draw something we see and find interesting outside.  We spent the time in class on one and two-point perspective and how to put shadows into the picture to make things more realistic.  And perspective - how things relate to each other.

Stay safe in the snow all of you up north.   :ghug

Good morning

Cindy. Hope u got a good nights sleep. 12 hour days are tough!

Tammy- nice projects!! Love the coffee cup hook holder idea too--very clever!

Linda- glad the news from the doc wasn't terrible. Yiu seem to be a natural at art. I'm so happy you are enjoying it so much

Judy. Nice that some yarn found its way home to you. Moore yarn is going to be a drop off site for project Linus. They are accepting hook,needle and yarn donations as well as finished blankets. I may just go through my stash and donate some yarn.

Snow total forecast has been increased. Not supposed to start till 11 and they keep saying how bad the evening commute is supposed to be. I'm seriously thinking if taking the while day off. Not sure if I go in that I'll be able to leave early.

Stay warm and have a good Tuesday.

☕????

Good Morning House......

It's really windy this morning.....ooooooh don't want to go out in it today....but I'm off to my moms today to exercise and visit! I'll be taking my crochet with me! ????

I have an order for 3 slouchy hats to get done this week! One is done ... One is 1/2 done.

Then a cousin of mine asked so very nicely for a Minion hat....so I'll make that real quick too!

I need to spend some time on this knitted scarf too....a friend bought me the pattern and is paying me to make it! ????

Well..... Off to get things ready to go!

Have a fabulous day!

Catch you all later!

????

Hi, tam!

Joanne, thanks for the update on Moore Yarns....

Marlene, I'll look up that link...

We are ready for the snow..ick. Will go out with the pups in it, but not when it's single digits tomorrow!

Later, gators.

It's snowing! I am home...I ran to the store to get coffee. I thought we had another bag and we didn't. I can't be without coffee! Also picked up some k cups for the Keurig. So I'm all set to weather the storm

post-2560-0-49538300-1390318531_thumb.jpgpost-2560-0-08259700-1390318472_thumb.jpgThis is the blanket I made for Maya. I have the pattern at home. I can't locate it on the internet. Or I'm over looking it thinking it is something else. I was wondering if any one recognizes it.

'Morning, everyone. Could have sworn I posted yesterday, but I'm always confused lately. ;) 

Holly ~ I'm so sorry I missed your birthday :cake - it sounds like it was a good one spent with family!  

Tammy ~ Love all the pictures!  Your work is always beautiful, but I think the hook holder beats them all. :D  :wink 

Marlene ~ I bookmarked that pattern just a week ago!  She sure has some great patterns. :yes

Linda ~ WTG on doing so well with the drawing class!  I would be the one to be totally clueless. :lol

Joanne ~ So glad you didn't go in to work today - enjoy your day!

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

I hope to have some crochet time today...we'll see.  Have a wonderful morning!♥♥♥

Good morning.  The temp isn't all that bad today but it is extremely windy.  49* but the wind is at 20 mph with gusts even higher.  The trees are really being whipped around.

Tammy ~ Your projects are all lovely.  I especially like the comfort 'ghans.

Marlene ~ That is a lovely 'ghan that you made for Maya.  Adorable pictures of the grandkids.

Joanne ~ I'm so glad that you decided to stay home.  That much snow is dangerous.

It's supposed to be in the teens every night for the next 4 nights, then a few days in the 20s, and then back in the teens.  YUCK!!!  This has been a horrid winter temp wise this year.

It began snowing at 10, just as the accuweather app on my iPad predicted....talking about more that 10 inches.....blech. As long as we have power it's ok, though. Need my electronics. I found a new pattern to play with. It's from Willow yarns called "surf's up baby blanket" using the rest of the colors from the last blanket I made. Felt the need for a new project.

Hi Judy and Linda ~ We're supposed to be in the mid-teens tomorrow night and Thursday...no snow, thank goodness!

Marlene ~ I just went upstairs and checked - I did buy the pattern.  Did a little more searching while waiting on the laundry - nothing else yet.

Stay warm, everyone!  DH and I are going to lunch and to run a few errands.

Hello ladies. No signs of snow here, even the roads are clear, but it's really cold. Hope those of you getting lots of snow stay safe.

Work went well today. I had a pretty easy day. I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon, and work again Friday.

Marlene, that's a really nice afghan you made Maya. I have a v stitch ripple afghan pattern that I printed awhile back but I don't think it looks quite the same. The stripes seem a little more jagged looking to me. Nice pictures of your family too.

Ops, oven timer is going off. I'll check back later.

Archived