Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Friday afternoon, all.  My head has been too foggy to concentrate, (even worse that usual  ;))  but seems a bit better today.  I sure hope everyone's weather has improved at least a little!

Judy ~ Both baby 'ghans are adorable!  :c9  Thank you for sharing pictures.  Are you starting to make lists for your trip in March?  It will be so exciting!

Holly ~ Your schedule sounds super busy, but you must have been ready to get out of the house.  ;)   How is your afghan coming along?

Valerie ~ Oh, great news about finding the new Van!  I hope your family is doing well and that you're finding some time to crochet, too! 

Linda ~ I'm so glad you're enjoying your art class. :cheer   Your lunch out sounds wonderful.  We're having the messy, drizzle and light rain, too...Gracie is getting tired of having her paws wiped off. :yes

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops - hit 'post' too soon!

Sherry ~ Have a wonderful weekend with your DS and DIL!  How is Missy Snuggles?

Cindy ~ Feel better soon...I sure hope you're not getting a cold. :hug    I still need to sort through Wip's, too.  Sort of scary, isn't it? :lol

Joanne ~ Your trip into the city sounds really nice!  Can't wait to hear all about it. :yes

Marlene ~ Has it warmed up at the coast?  We're supposed to hit 70* tomorrow and Sunday and that will feel good!  Congratulations on winning the Chili cook-off! :clap

Hi to those I've missed, too.  Have a good afternoon, everyone. :manyheart

☕ ~ good afternoon house......

I want to first apologize for being a bit MIA.

Things have been quite stressful lately!

First...work has been most of my stress!! Adults can be so ridiculously childish!

Then while on Christmas break....two teen girls that go school with my boys die in a car accident right before Christmas!

Then my sweet Uncle Lou passes away yesterday afternoon from pancreatic cancer! Thank you Lord for letting me be able to hug and kiss on him on our way home from our trip from Christmas!

And my sweet son .... Is still fighting his way out of a relapse from Nephrotic Syndrome.

So...... I'm exhausted and have one heck of a migraine!

But...... I wanted to stop in and say :hi Hello!

????

Work is a good thing. While I loved the extra time with my girls, I do love my job. And rescheduling those classes has turned out to be pretty easy. Thank goodness! :)

I haven't worked on my afghan in a few days. I decided I should make a scarf to go with the hat I made before Christmas, so that's been my focus this week. It's almost done.

Last night we got the call that my grandfather had passed away. He's been fighting cancer for the past few months. He seemed to have beat the worse one, but the seemingly lesser one spread to his brain. We'll miss him like crazy, of course, but I'm glad that he didn't have to suffer. They aren't doing a funeral, just the burial tomorrow morning. Since I'm in Indiana and he was in Florida, there's no way I can drive down there in time and can't afford the airfare right now. So we're going to try to go down in March and see the cemetery and then do some fun things with the girlies.

Tammy ~ Sending lots of prayers and hugs your way. :hug   So much has happened to your family - no wonder you're exhausted.     Have you decided what to do about your job?

Holly ~ :hug  Hugs coming your way, too!  It's hard to lose someone and be so far away.  I'm glad things weren't too complicated when you returned to work!

I've been working on scarves since I don't have to focus too much.  The sun came out late this afternoon and that makes everything better. :yes  

Oh, Mary - about France: all I have to worry about is bringing warm enough clothes. March in Europe can be cold and we will be walking if possible - to work off the croissants and fondue...lol! My friend Teri is a world traveler, so she calls me, asks me if it sounds good, and adds it to her list of things to do or see. She's in her element planning trips!

⛅ ~ Good morning House........

Hope everyone is ready for a nice weekend!

Thanks so much everyone for your love and prayers! I appreciate them a great deal!

Today I'm going to get some crocheting done...a few chores done and then we're taking my 15yr old out to dinner for his birthday today! I think he picked Red Lobster ....yum!

I should be working on that second comfort'ghan ....But I have a scarf I must finish first! It's a gift for my niece! :hook. I only have a couple rows left on the 'Ghan ...so I'm not worried about getting it done!

Well.... Off to get a coffee refill!

Catch up more later!

????

Good morning, peeps!

Sitting at the desktop to post....

It's spring-like outside....and the ground thawed so quickly esp with the rain we had, that my boots nearly got sucked off my feet this morning! It's that darn clay we have....

The wind is kicking up and the rain will be heavy today, so it's an indoor day for us. Time to dust the bedroom furniture before I forget!

Have  a good day my friends.

Hi all,

Wicked was Wicked Good!!! It was a great play!!!  We had a good time, although it took longer to get into the city, because of an accident in the tunnel- Ugh! We were in a comfy limo van though, so at least I wasn't driving. We had to eat dinner quicker than we would have liked in order to make it to the play on time!  it was really an awesome play- and so fun to be in the city! I live about 60 miles or so from NYC but hardly ever go in because there's always so much traffic!! I guess I could take the train, but my favorite city is still Boston!

I got  Christmas all put away this morning!!!  Laundry is on, it's raining outside, and there's football later on this afternoon- so you know what I'll be doing---crocheting and knitting! LOL

Tam- Happy Birthday to Michael! Enjoy dinner out! Sorry about your Uncle!! And those two girls!

Holly- Sorry to hear about your grandfather, but like you said at least he didn't suffer!  Hugs!

Cindy- The temps are around 60 here today- and like Judy said raining! It's crazy!!!! The majority of the pretty snow is gone!  I love how it looks when it's all pristine white! Yesterday there were several accidents, because the temps had risen and there was some black ice. Luckily, my trip into work wasn't bad because I leave early and it had just started snowing with big flakes on my commute, but then it turned to freezing rain. By the time the afternoon came around, though it was just rain so our trip into NYC wasn't affected!

Mary, Marlene, Linda, Val- it's time for me to move the clothes from the washer into the dryer so I'm going to hit 'post' so I don't lose what I already typed. I'll BBL to catch up some more!

Have a good Saturday all!

Hi Ladies,

Holly, Glad it all worked out for you to reschedule all those classes. Sorry to hear about your grandpa. 

Tam, Sorry to hear about your uncle. Happy Birthday to Michael! Enjoy your dinner out. 

Mary, Yes is has warmed up. It's suppose to be warm for the next 5 days at least. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Judy, Sorry you lost your post. I dislike it when that happens. 

Val, Don't forget to breathe.

Linda, Your lunch outing sounds like a nice time out. I put a text out to DS so I'll let you know about the weather clothing when he contacts me. He has the kids this weekend so it will probably be later today.

Cindy, Hope your feeling better. I brought some wip to work on while here in Texas.

Joanne, Your dinner/play sounds like a nice time with your coworkers. 

We were at the clubhouse prepping and pricing all the bake goods until 5 yesterday. A very long day! Then we went back up at 7 for park only residents sale. Today we started at 630 and was done by 130. Busy day but we can all go home and rest up. We sold 597 burritos. Are bake sale made over 400.00. The garage sale made almost 900.00 The bake sale and garage sale items was all donations. We have a team here for relay for life. All that money goes to them. 

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Hello ladies, busy, busy, busy at work. I worked in the cardiac ICU today, which is not my home unit. I'm so glad I don't do 12 hour shifts because I'm exhausted after 8 hours. Work again tomorrow and then I have a week off.

The temperature got up to 40 today, and it rained so now everything looks really dirty and gloomy. Still lots of snow on the ground here though.

Joanne, I'm glad you had such a fun evening. Hope you get to have a relaxing weekend,

Tam, have fun at Red Lobster. I haven't been there in many years. In fact I'm not sure there is still one around here. Happy birthday to your ds.

Linda, DS texted me and it the clothing is called Under Armour. It can be expensive but walmart and others sell it cheaper that work the same. They're just moisture wicking clothes.

Good morning, peeps!

Sitting at the desktop to post....

It's spring-like outside....and the ground thawed so quickly esp with the rain we had, that my boots nearly got sucked off my feet this morning! It's that darn clay we have....

The wind is kicking up and the rain will be heavy today, so it's an indoor day for us. Time to dust the bedroom furniture before I forget!

Have a good day my friends.

Ooooh......stay in where its warms and safe!

Hi all,

Wicked was Wicked Good!!! It was a great play!!! We had a good time, although it took longer to get into the city, because of an accident in the tunnel- Ugh! We were in a comfy limo van though, so at least I wasn't driving. We had to eat dinner quicker than we would have liked in order to make it to the play on time! it was really an awesome play- and so fun to be in the city! I live about 60 miles or so from NYC but hardly ever go in because there's always so much traffic!! I guess I could take the train, but my favorite city is still Boston!

I got Christmas all put away this morning!!! Laundry is on, it's raining outside, and there's football later on this afternoon- so you know what I'll be doing---crocheting and knitting! LOL

Tam- Happy Birthday to Michael! Enjoy dinner out! Sorry about your Uncle!! And those two girls!

Holly- Sorry to hear about your grandfather, but like you said at least he didn't suffer! Hugs!

Cindy- The temps are around 60 here today- and like Judy said raining! It's crazy!!!! The majority of the pretty snow is gone! I love how it looks when it's all pristine white! Yesterday there were several accidents, because the temps had risen and there was some black ice. Luckily, my trip into work wasn't bad because I leave early and it had just started snowing with big flakes on my commute, but then it turned to freezing rain. By the time the afternoon came around, though it was just rain so our trip into NYC wasn't affected!

Mary, Marlene, Linda, Val- it's time for me to move the clothes from the washer into the dryer so I'm going to hit 'post' so I don't lose what I already typed. I'll BBL to catch up some more!

Have a good Saturday all!

Sounds like you had a lovely time! Good for you!

Thanks for the birthday wishes for my boy! Can't wait for dinner! Yum!

Hi Ladies,

Holly, Glad it all worked out for you to reschedule all those classes. Sorry to hear about your grandpa.

Tam, Sorry to hear about your uncle. Happy Birthday to Michael! Enjoy your dinner out.

Mary, Yes is has warmed up. It's suppose to be warm for the next 5 days at least. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Judy, Sorry you lost your post. I dislike it when that happens.

Val, Don't forget to breathe.

Linda, Your lunch outing sounds like a nice time out. I put a text out to DS so I'll let you know about the weather clothing when he contacts me. He has the kids this weekend so it will probably be later today.

Cindy, Hope your feeling better. I brought some wip to work on while here in Texas.

Joanne, Your dinner/play sounds like a nice time with your coworkers.

We were at the clubhouse prepping and pricing all the bake goods until 5 yesterday. A very long day! Then we went back up at 7 for park only residents sale. Today we started at 630 and was done by 130. Busy day but we can all go home and rest up. We sold 597 burritos. Are bake sale made over 400.00. The garage sale made almost 900.00 The bake sale and garage sale items was all donations. We have a team here for relay for life. All that money goes to them.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Wow....you have been ridiculously busy! You seem to have done good though!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes for michael!

Hello ladies, busy, busy, busy at work. I worked in the cardiac ICU today, which is not my home unit. I'm so glad I don't do 12 hour shifts because I'm exhausted after 8 hours. Work again tomorrow and then I have a week off.

The temperature got up to 40 today, and it rained so now everything looks really dirty and gloomy. Still lots of snow on the ground here though.

Joanne, I'm glad you had such a fun evening. Hope you get to have a relaxing weekend,

Tam, have fun at Red Lobster. I haven't been there in many years. In fact I'm not sure there is still one around here. Happy birthday to your ds.

Oh wow....you've been busy too!

It's high 40s here today too! Love it!

Thanks for the birthday wishes for my son! I'm ready for some lobster!

????

Yup, Linda, Marlene got it right. Under armor....not sure of the spelling but it has what look like a right side up U resting on an upside down U...I know someone who wears them and she loves the lightweight part of it, too.

Good morning and Happy Sunday

Cindy- hope you have an easy day at work!

DD and the boys came over yesterday and we had a fun time watching football and playing!  Today, i'm getting my hair colored and then planning to crochet a ilttle. I started yet another project---LOL- a crochet shawlette that can be worn like a scarf. I made one last year and got so many compliments on it, including DD- so I"m making one for her!

Hope you all have a good day!

Hi House. :)   I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Tammy ~ A belated 'Happy Birthday' to Michael! :cake   We haven't been to Red Lobster in way too long - sure sounds good!

Cindy ~ I hope your Sunday at work goes by quickly.  Enjoy your week off!

Joanne ~ Your trip to NYC sounds really nice.  Have fun with your hook and/or needles today. :yes

Marlene ~ You all sure did great with the fundraiser! :cheer   We're still trying to get organized since DH retired...we know he needs to have shoulder surgery and need to schedule that.  Maybe this year we will get to the coast while you're there! :xfin

Hi to the rest of my friends, too. :manyheart   Better get back to the office - I'm cleaning out files and starting to work on our tax stuff, although we don't have everything yet. 

Hi House. :)   I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Tammy ~ A belated 'Happy Birthday' to Michael! :cake   We haven't been to Red Lobster in way too long - sure sounds good!

Cindy ~ I hope your Sunday at work goes by quickly.  Enjoy your week off!

Joanne ~ Your trip to NYC sounds really nice.  Have fun with your hook and/or needles today. :yes

Marlene ~ You all sure did great with the fundraiser! :cheer   We're still trying to get organized since DH retired...we know he needs to have shoulder surgery and need to schedule that.  Maybe this year we will get to the coast while you're there! :xfin

Hi to the rest of my friends, too. :manyheart   Better get back to the office - I'm cleaning out files and starting to work on our tax stuff, although we don't have everything yet. 

im doing the same thing with our tax stuff....though we have nothing yet. It makes DH happy when he sees me at least start it. He wouldn't know where to begin...my fault. I've always kept it organized, though we do have an accountant handle the actual paperwork.

im doing the same thing with our tax stuff....though we have nothing yet. It makes DH happy when he sees me at least start it. He wouldn't know where to begin...my fault. I've always kept it organized, though we do have an accountant handle the actual paperwork. 

Many years ago, I would say to DH "I'd really like for us to do this together"...and I'm still saying the same thing. :lol

I hope everyone has had a good weekend. :)

Good Morning All!

Just a quick update on Missy Snuggles--she's a very naughty little puppy.  We had a dr appt on Friday and we took her to work with us.  I have her in my office by my desk in an alcove area--I had just checked on her and she was fine.  when DD came up to get her to leave, Missy had gotten her splint off!  The vet wasn't very happy with her but he took out her stitches and put on a bigger splint and told us to come back in 3 weeks (unless she manages to get this one off)  LOL

Busy weekend.  Oldest GS will be 9 this week, so we had his family birthday party.  I will usually fix the kids their favorite meal and then he opens his gifts.  We had a great time!

Will be another busy week for me, another meeting tonight :(  and I'm definitely not looking forward to this one.  And DD starts back to college, so I'll be with the GS two nights a week. 

Wild and crazy weather--last Monday we had a record low of -2 and yesterday we had a record high of 75!!!!  Plus a lot of wild fires, and there is a chance of more today.   Lots of high winds as well.  Oh well, I'd rather have winds and warmer weather than what we had last week. 

Hope all of you are well!!  Have a great Monday!!!

Good morning. Work was awful this weekend, very short staffed, and super busy, with a lot of very sick patients. I'm off work for the next 7 days now. :)

Dh always does our taxes. We used to go to an accountant, but after she retired, she told us that turbo tax would work well for us, so that's what he uses.

Dh just told me that he wants to go away for a couple of days this week. Just to get away for a bit. We always take dd, dsil and the boys on a little trip as a Christmas gift and we originally hoped for this week. However, dsil works at a university and his class schedule is making it harder for him to get away. So, since I'm off, we are going to find something to do. Dh suggests a factory outlet mall, which is probably what we will do. I could definitely use some clothes, and I might actually find something at an outlet mall.

But before I think about that, there is laundry, vacuuming, dusting, etc to do! Oh, and find a crochet or knitting project to take along. Hmm, maybe this is an excuse for starting a new project............

Have a great Monday, everyone.

Morning peeps!

Poor Sherry....it seems that dogs take any bandage or medical device as a puzzle waiting to be solved!

Cindy, enjoy your time off! Let us know what new project you decide on....

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning, ladies. :)

Sherry ~ Yes!  Our weather has been crazy this winter!  We had windows open yesterday, but the wind was so strong we had to close them.  This a.m. is colder and sunny.  Tell Snuggles that I said to "Behave." :lol

Cindy ~ Enjoy whatever you decide to do this week!  A few days away is always a nice change. :yes

Hi Judy!

My cold is at least 90% gone and what a relief!  We have some errands to run today and I really want some crochet time. ;)  What I should be doing is cleaning up my sewing room...Christmas wrap is still out along with some ironing. :rolleyes

Have a good morning! :manyheart

Archived