Our House Part Two

JulieKay

This is a winter for the books, Linda!

Sharing your pain....in particular the facial neuralgia once again triggered by severe cold weather. And I was really covered up when I went out this morning!

No more outside for me today.

Stay warm and safe, my friends

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted earlier this morning...disappeared on the iPad. I need a laptop!

Anywho, Mary, I'm almost finished with the border on the ghan then will take a pic.

here's the baby ghan. i may save it for a while, though. a neighbor is expecting. this would be great for  a gil - and meanwhile i will work on a neutral or boy ghan.  oh, this is Kim Guzman's lapghan pattern, but I stopped before finishing all the repeats. Maybe got to 3/4s of what it called for.

Measures 40 by 34.

post-8552-0-21382800-1389115205_thumb.jpg

Judy, that baby ghan is beautiful. Great color combination.

Still freezing here and it snowed all day. The roads here are terrible. I am so done with winter! No work until Saturday though, Maybe the weather will improve by then! Meanwhile I'm staying home.

Nothing much going on here. I still don't know what I'm knitting with my alpaca yarn. I tried a couple of scarf patterns, but didn't really care for them much. I will keep looking. Meanwhile I ought to finish the two scarves I've got in progress.

Brrrrrr

Frigid temps. I'm ready for spring.

Judy. Love the Ghan. The colors are so pretty together love the stitches. I'll have to look for the pattern.

Cindy. That's good that you are home safe and sound and warm. Enjoy your days off

Im tired since DH and I stayed up last night watching the football game. Will probably Be an early night tonight

Stay warm

Hi everyone. :)

Judy ~ Beautiful work and colors! :cheer   That is a really pretty pattern. :yes

Cindy ~ Oh, you must be exhausted after driving in those terrible conditions. :hug    I know you will be happy to stay home for a few days!

Linda ~ So glad you enjoyed your first drawing class. :artist  How long does the class last?

I hope all of you in the path of the storms are safe and warm. :ghug

Well, DH's cold is now officially mine. :(  I thought I'd escaped, but woke up this a.m. with a doozy.  Today was just drinking lots of hot tea and a little crocheting.  Have a good evening, friends. :manyheart

Thanks for the compliments on the colors in the ghan....it was a no brainer for me to use Kim's colors as in the pattern. I really dither when it comes to that...

Mary, I hope you kick the cold quickly.

Have a good night, my friends

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Beautiful afghan and I love those colors. 

Mary, Hope you can kick that cold quickly.

Cindy, Enjoy your few days off.

Hope everyone stays nice and warm. They said we had snow and sleet this morning. Someone that was up at 6 took pictures of it. It was on the news today to. It was gone by 730 when I got up. Maya has no school again tomorrow. Today we took down the new years eve decorations. Saturday we have a park garage/bake sale. We will be making hundreds of are breakfast burritos. 

Hope everyone has a nice wednesday!

Linda - enjoy your class!!

Judy - beautiful afghan!!  I'm sure it will be well loved whoever gets it!

Mary - it was 4* yesterday morning, OKC schools canceled because it was so cold (wind chill -12).  Hope you're warmer today.  We actually got to 42!!

Joanne - hope things are going well for you!!  Stay in as long as you can!

Marlene - Hope things are going well for you.

Holly - enjoy the heat wave!!  LOL

Well, I noticed the street outside was wet--thinking it was raining but no rain in today's forecast.  OH NO--the water main broke and is flooding the street.  So most likely we will be without water soon.  We've run several pots and pans full so we'll have some just in case we're out in the morning.  gotta have my shower so they better have it fixed!!

Missy Snuggles doesn't chew up the toys (at least not yet).  She enjoys squeaking them but we will watch and make sure she doesn't chew them up to get the squeaker. 

Well, I'd better go and finish the owl I'm making for DIL.  They will be here this weekend and I need to get it finished and wrapped!

Have a wonderful warm evening all!!  Please stay safe and warm!  Hugs to all of you.

Oh, dear, Sherry!  Hope that pipe gets fixed super quickly.

Mary, hope the cold doesn't drag on too long.

The art class lasts for six weeks.  She runs them one after the other so I can take quite a few while I'm down here before the move.  The assignment was to draw 6 boxes each day and one value scale each day.  And come up with a simple picture gradually as the other becomes easier.  I've drawn 26 today.   :P   Some of them are boxes in boxes and some are strings of boxes on the same lines.  And put shading in some of the more complex ones to make it easier to tell what I was doing and how I was looking at them.   :lol   Yeah, I know.  Overkill.  But I'm having fun with them.  And the more I practice the more progress I make.   :D

Good morning. Sun is shining and it's 8 degrees outside. I've been out and about for five days straight and plan on staying home today. Laundry is going, vacuuming is done and dinner is planned. Pretty soon I can sit and read or craft with a sort of clear conscience.

Mary, hope your cold isn't too bad, and passes quickly.

Sherry, hope you had water this morning.

Morning, all!

Holly, the cold is all relative, isn't it...lol! We have a heat wave today....will be well over the 20's!

here's a pic of 2 small baby ghans I put together. A crochet friend gave me some of the green and blue squares and I added to them.

post-8552-0-17810100-1389271541_thumb.jpg

Good morning housemates!

I haven't been on in a few days.  I've been at it early looking for a vehicle.  I haven't felt the best either.  However, I had to do what I had to do...rental fees on the car are adding.

Yippee...found a nice van yesterday afternoon.  The entire family can sit comfortably now.  I'll take the rental back today.  Now that I have a little extra money...I can purchase some yarn. 

Judy, I love all three of your baby ghans.  They are beautiful.

Hope all is well with everyone else.  Errands today and then hopefully, I can settle down now and check in everyday.

BBL!

Good morning. Still cold, gloomy and snowing here. I might have to go out in it though, we are completely out of milk. I could get by without it, but dh would really miss his cereal. Maybe he will go.

I am fighting a cold and have no energy at all. Yesterday, I did laundry and cooked dinner. All the rest of the day, I sat by the fire and read. Hopefully I will get more done today.

Judy, your afghans look great.

Val, WTG on finding a vehicle.

Good morning!  Still cold, but as someone said it's all relative and it is warmer than it has been.  We didn't have any water at work yesterday.   :(   From what the gal next door said that makes the second day in a row.  And I froze at work.  Was so glad to get home to a warm apartment and thaw out.

The Methodist church had pipes freeze and break over the weekend, so Prayer Shawl group will be meeting elsewhere for a while.  None of the downstairs classrooms are safe to use.  There were 6 inches of water and ice down there on Monday.  Our storage closet was the only thing spared.  Apparently that particular corner is higher than the rest of the downstairs.  We can't get at anything in it, but at least what's in it is safe and undamaged.  Tonight we're meeting at Miss Anne's house.  Her hubby has cancer and Alzheimer's.  It's actually easier for her to have us there than to try to get them somewhere else.  And driving at night is not something she can do much of any more.

Judy, those blankets with the squares are lovely.  Way to go, gal!   :clap

Val, congratulations on finding a new vehicle.   :yay

Hi all

It was so nice to be in the 20's today. It may have even hit 30 while I was at work. Cold is relative. This weekend is supposed to be in the 50's. Crazy!!!

Judy. Love the baby Ghans

Sherry. Hope u weren't without water too long use to the frozen pipes

Cindy. Hope u had a relaxing day so that you can fight the cold

Val. I'm glad you found a car. Or I should say van. Hope u get lots of miles out of it

Tomorrow night I'm going into NYC with the project team. The company is taking us out to dinner and then to a. Broadway play. We are going to see "wicked". It should be fun. But it will be a long day since we work till 4 and then go into the city. At least we don't have to drive. We are going in a limo.

Have a good night and a happy Friday

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Have a fun time tomorrow night in NYC. It sounds like fun.

Cindy, Hope that cold doesn't hang around to long. DD has hers still and it's been 12 days. 

Val, Congrats on new van purchase. 

Sherry, Hope they fixed your water leak quickly.

Linda, Sorry your church has to deal with broken pipes and the flood. It's nice all your shawl groups stuff is okay. You need some longjohns for work. Actually my son wears this stuff that is for hot and cold weather. It's black material and feels soft. I could ask him about it if you would like. On those cold and or rainy soccer days he always wears them. They would be helpful for you in Iowa to.

Judy, Cute blankets!

Mary, How are you feeling?

Holly, Are you back to work today and kids back to school? 

Maya went back to school today. Payton and Jocelyn went back yesterday. I feel sorry for the teachers. All those kids probably have cabin fever since they couldn't go outside and play. 

We had a chili cook off yesterday. Hubby signed up to do it but he didn't want to make it because I bought tomato sauce instead of tomato juice. So I made it and won first place. It's the first time we've entered. They wrapped everyones crockpot with aluminum foil so no one would know who's pot was who's. And you could only vote once. We had fifteen enteries. I had my choice of 50.00 or a george forman grilleration G5. I took the george forman grill. It's an inside grill and has top and bottom plates that come off. It will also make waffles. It says it will bake to. The bottom plate can be raised or lowered. And it has 3 levels for cooking. I'll be taking it home with me as I have no where to store it here. I will get more use out of it at home. 

Tomorrow starts the busy weekend for me. Kitchen work tomorrow and saturday. I made 6 loaves of banana bread today. Five for the bake sale and one for us. It took all afternoon. RV ovens are very small.  

I found the pattern online for the snowflake I want to make for Maya. It was done by crochetsal who was on ville years ago. She has a facebook page and her patterns are there. 

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Joanne – I love “Wicked”! That and Phantom of the Opera are 2 musicals I would go see again!

Marlene – I went back to work yesterday and the kids started back today.  Congratulations on the chili cookoff! I love chili… but the rest of my family doesn’t.

It’s a busy time of year for me as all us children’s librarians have to visit the schools in our town and promote our yearly fundraiser. I have about 1000 students between my 2 schools. With the schools being closed the 3 days, I have 17 classes that I have to reschedule for next week. It’s working out better than I hoped, but it’s still kind of crazy.

Good morning. Gloomy here but warmer, already in the upper 20s. We are supposed to get a lot of rain tonight which will spoil our winter wonderland. It's really pretty out there, everything is a nice clean white and all the trees look like they have globs of frosting on them.

Joanne, what a wonderful work outing. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun, and very relaxing, since they even provided transportation.

Holly, it sounds like you have your work cut out for you with all those classes to visit.

Marlene, congrats on the chili cook off win. Is hubby feeling better? Was sorry that he refused to make his chili or just pleased that you won?

I spent time yesterday working on several of my WIPs. There are more of those than I thought. I really want to start something new, but I am trying to resist. I think 2014 ought to be the year of the WIPs for me!

Good afternoon.  Went to the doctor's office to pick up some meds.  Then out to lunch with the SASSE (socially active single senior episcopalians) Group.  We went to an Italian Deli and 12 of us showed up.  One of the gals had a pipe burst at her house so this was the back-up plan.  Oh, my, but the food was good.  I had white bean and ham soup with an atipasto salad.  It hit the spot.  Then I brought home a slice of coconut bomb cake and a chocolate eclair.  I'm bad.  I know, but they just looked soooo good.  I was early so went to the Humane Society's thrift store and picked up a pair of earrings, two pieces of material for my quilting stash, and a cork cut-out oriental scene for my collection.  It's so pretty.

After the luncheon I went to the bank and then back home.  It's 46* and we're having drizzly rain, which I don't enjoy being out in.

Hi all

Tomorrow night I'm going into NYC with the project team. The company is taking us out to dinner and then to a. Broadway play. We are going to see "wicked". It should be fun. But it will be a long day since we work till 4 and then go into the city. At least we don't have to drive. We are going in a limo.

Have a good night and a happy Friday

Your outing sounds like so much fun!  I hope you all have a wonderful time.   :yay 

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Sorry your church has to deal with broken pipes and the flood. It's nice all your shawl groups stuff is okay.   I'm so grateful that it is okay, too.  Needless to say, it's going to be on the difficult side sending out things at the moment.

You need some longjohns for work. Actually my son wears this stuff that is for hot and cold weather. It's black material and feels soft. I could ask him about it if you would like. On those cold and or rainy soccer days he always wears them. They would be helpful for you in Iowa to.

Those sound wonderful.  I'd love to find out what they are made of and where he got his.

Judy, Cute blankets!

We had a chili cook off yesterday. Hubby signed up to do it but he didn't want to make it because I bought tomato sauce instead of tomato juice. So I made it and won first place. It's the first time we've entered. They wrapped everyones crockpot with aluminum foil so no one would know who's pot was who's. And you could only vote once. We had fifteen enteries. I had my choice of 50.00 or a george forman grilleration G5. I took the george forman grill. It's an inside grill and has top and bottom plates that come off. It will also make waffles. It says it will bake to. The bottom plate can be raised or lowered. And it has 3 levels for cooking. I'll be taking it home with me as I have no where to store it here. I will get more use out of it at home. 

Hooray for you!   :yay

Tomorrow starts the busy weekend for me. Kitchen work tomorrow and saturday. I made 6 loaves of banana bread today. Five for the bake sale and one for us. It took all afternoon. RV ovens are very small.  

I found the pattern online for the snowflake I want to make for Maya. It was done by crochetsal who was on ville years ago. She has a facebook page and her patterns are there. 

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Holly, I hope you don't find it too hard making the appointments with the 17 classes.  That's a lot of classes!

Archived