Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi, everyone.  Started the weekend by working Saturday.  Yesterday I got together with Carole for a quilting party of the two of us.  She had a new quilt she wanted to start and I had the one for Rosie's John to put together for quilting.  It is so big it's going to be a booger-bear to quilt.  I even thought about tying it, but probably won't as I like the look of the quilted one.  Anyway, it's now together and we stumbled onto a way to keep it from shifting around that made it a lot easier to pin without puckers on the back.  It involves more pinning, but the results were worth it.  I made 15 bean soup with sausage for supper and Carole had made oatmeal/raisin cookies which we snacked on in the afternoon, and cheese rolls to go with the soup.  A really nice day, even though Carole had had nothing but problems with her quilt.  It was kit, and there was too little material for about half of the pieces.  We ended up thoroughly fed up with it.

Today I had a doctor appointment in the morning and my second drawing class in the afternoon.  The doctor couldn't remember why she changed her mind on the pain pills.   :bang   So I've been doing without for 3 months for no known reason.  Any way, she agreed to reorder them for me, BUT when she ordered them the prescription wasn't written correctly and wasn't signed correctly either, so I'm still without.  :rant It's been mandated that combination drugs that have tylenol in them can't have more than 325 mg. of it in the mix.  It used to be okay for them to have 500 mg. which is how the prescription was written.  They also have to have an actual signature, not a computer generated one.  With the drugs that don't have narcotics in them it doesn't matter, but for the ones with narcotics it does.   And, of course, it had a computer generated signature.   :no   Color me frustrated.

The drawing class was fun, even though I was hurting.  Pressure change with the change from blue skies at 10:00 am to rain at 4:00 pm.  We had two new students today and two out sick, so the instructor brought out some of the additional drawing goodies that can be used in ways that end up looking like painting, but are really drawing.  AWESOME!  And also did a bit of instruction introducing 2-point perspective and even a bit about 3-point perspective.  I've been fighting with 2-point perspective drawing this evening.  It's coming, but not as easily as the 1-point perspective.  I think I just have to work with it a bit.  I've got a number of buildings partially drawn so far.  At the moment I'm trying to get the windows in them while trying to keep them all correctly angled and sized.  She liked my 1-point perspective drawing and boxes from last week.  What's even funnier, is that I appear to be the only one from last week who actually "got" what she was talking about.  It just clicked for me so easily.  Oh, well, this 2-point perspective is coming a lot slower, so I'm still being challenged.  I'm understanding it, it's just a lot harder to execute.  I know, practice makes perfect.   :P

Joanne ~ I'm so glad you had such a good time on your trip to NYC.

Sherry ~ I've know a few dogs who were supreme escape artists when it came to casts.  And the previous Sweet Pea could jump unbelievably high to get over fences.  She usually only did it to get to me on the other side, but still.  The fence was extra high.  Didn't matter.  She'd start jumping up and down, with each bounce getting a bit higher, until she was high enough to go over. :yes  I watched her do it several times and still couldn't figure out how she did it.   :no   This Sweet Pea doesn't do that.  Thank goodness.

Marlene ~ You guys did a great job with the bake sale and garage sale.  And for such a good cause.   :clap    :clap    :clap

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

I tried getting on here last night. I could get on the ville but not in here. Today no problems at all. I have a sinus/allergy cold going on. This crazy weather sure doesn't help. Were going to be in the 30's for a few nights with highs in the 60's and 70's for day time temps.

Judy, I do are taxes. I need to start getting things around to. We haven't received any thing that we need to do them yet.

Cindy, Enjoy your time off this week and your short little mini vacation. Have fun shopping.

Sherry, Those little dogs sure can be determined when they put there minds to it. Hope Miss Snuggles leaves this cast alone. 

Mary, That would be nice if you could get to the coast this year.

Linda, I would be upset with the doctor. She should of put it in your file why she wanted you to stop the pain meds. She should of known she needs her signature not a computerized signature on your prescription. 

Joanne, Which pattern are you using for the shawlette?

Hubby went golfing today so I guess I'll go and get something else done today. I have laundry to do when he comes home. He drove today so I need to wait for the car. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Hi all,

I went to craft club last night- and one of the gals was able to figure out my mistake on the cabled scarf! Yay! Phyllis was knitting too- she made a cute hat out of Vanna's 'vanilla twist".

Today was raining, and generally just a yucky day- but at least no freezing temps to turn the rain into ice- traffic was slow coming home though- glad I'm in for the night now!

Linda- I'd be frustrated too- hopefully the pain med situation gets straightened out quickly! The soup and biscuits and cookies have my mouth watering! We're having sandwiches tonight- DH was kind enough to pick up cold cuts the other day- but you would think he was feeding an army and not the two of us! LOL So sandwiches for lunch and dinner--I hate to have them go bad.!

Marlene- the pattern for the shawlette is called York Shawlette   I am going to frog it and start over with a bigger hook since I don't like how it is draping with an I hook. Here is the link to the pattern

http://www.allfreecrochet.com/Shawls/York-Shawlette

Cindy- hope you are enjoying the week off and have fun at the outlets. I love outlet shopping- I often get good deals- but you have to know your prices for things- sometimes you can do better at Kohl's with coupons!

Mary, Val, Tam, Marisa, Judy, Holly and everyone- have a good night

Hi, Joanne, and everyone....

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm missing the sun :(

Anywho....just came on to wish everyone a good night.

Hello ladies, back from shopping. I bought a lot, at least by my standards. A pair of jeans, a shirt, some burgundy colored clogs for work ( need to brighten up my navy scrubs!), a shirt and a skirt. I picked up some odds and ends for DD's birthday later this month as well.

It started snowing on our way home, and it's still snowing pretty hard. It's not supposed to amount to much though.

Good night everyone.

:night Evening all.....................

Sorry I slipped away again for  a few days!   Its been a bit stressful here!

I gave my resignation on Friday at work.  I made my last day right then and there... I cant do the drama anymore!   I agreed to be on the sub list for now... but made no promises! 

My Uncles funeral was yesterday..... I miss him!!! :(

Then just got busy with getting some things done and working on orders!  :whew

Today was just a sad day.... I missed my daddy for some reason today... more than usual!

I'm tellin' ya.... This week needs to be over already.... LOL

Well.... gonna go check some other threads....

Catch up more later!

:heart

:mug

:sun  :ccompute  ~ Good Morning all...............

Well... I'm off to my moms today to work out and then visit for a while this morning ... then home to do some chores and crochet crochet and then knit!

I need to snap a picture of the 2nd comfort'ghan I made and show you all.. it came out really nice!

I'm hoping to give the comfort'ghans to the families tomorrow night at the Memorial Fundraiser at the Home Basketball game.

Then I need to work on some chemo caps!  

And fill some orders I have!

Well... off to get a coffee refill :mug....

Check back in later!

Morning ladies!

We have sunshine today ...granted its a bit "milky" a sunshine but it's so good!

Tam I know about missing people. Saturday is the anniversary of my MILs death and after several years it still hurts. We try and talk about the good things and not about her last, long illness. I'm glad I let her know how much I appreciated and loved her. On DHs 50th birthday I sent her flowers, thanking her for having him. And one year our local paper asked for Mother's Day tributes, and the one I wrote about her was published. She was a blessing. Hugs to you.

I posted last night, but something apparently went wrong and cyberspace ate it instead.  I work my long day today so will see how much I can get done before heading out.

Yesterday I called the doctor's office and spelled out exactly what was wrong with the pain med prescription and what should be done to correct it and what my current pain level was.  I asked them to please fix it that day and wonder of wonders they did.  I'm a much more happy camper today with being able to have the medicine on board instead of having to hoard it.

Worked more on drawing boxes for the drawing class, but now with a 2 point perspective.  I started with a picture which was a mistake.  I should have started with boxes.  But I did eventually get the picture done.  And now that I'm drawing boxes it's getting easier to see what I'm doing.  Need lots more practice.  But it's fun and exciting to finally know what I'm doing.  It also explains a whole lot of the problems I've had with so many of my drawings.  People are the last things you should tackle as they are the most complicated.  Figures.

Hope you all have a good day.  

Hello ladies. Snowing here again. It's so nice not to have to go out in it. I have laundry going, dinner cooking and some cleaning done. I also altered a skirt this morning.

Linda, it's neat to hear about what you are learning in your drawing class. I must confess that I always thought of drawing, (or any form of artistic endeavor) as a talent, either you had it or you didn't. While I still assume that there is talent involved, I never gave a thought to the technical aspects of drawing, and I'm finding your experiences with it to be very interesting. Glad you got the meds straightened out. Hopefully you will get that pain under control now.

Tam, good for you for being so decisive about the job. Hope life settles down for you now. How is Michael doing?

I think that when you've lost people you love there is always a sort of uneasy feeling when they come into your mind. Loss is hard, and it lasts for a very long time. Like Judy, I try hard not to remember my parents last year of illness, but focus on better times.

Well, washer is done, time to get back to work.

Home from work and in where it is warm.  The whole front wall at work is glass, which really radiates in the cold during the winter.  It was a really slow day, so I'm glad that I took my drawing with me.  I covered two pages with boxes.  Those on the left being from a 1-point perspective and those in the middle and right being from a 2-point perspective.  Then did a third page with pictures of two tables from the two different perspectives.  Didn't get them quite right on the first try, but did figure out what was wrong with them and how to fix it for the next try.  At least, I hope so.   :lol   I'm learning a lot just looking at the different results from comparing them.

The instructor (also a Linda) brought up in class that people have a visual dictionary in their heads and that we each visualize something different when a term is mentioned.  She said that most people pull up a red sphere with a stem when apples are mentioned.  She had each of us tell her what we thought of when she said, "apple."  What we said varied a lot, and tended to be more detailed than most people's responses in her experience.  She said this as a lead in that when we draw we have to actually see what we're trying to draw, rather than what our mind pulls up for us.  Frequently the two don't have much of anything to do with the other.

Tammy ~ with your uncle's death being so recent it's no surprise to me that it has you missing your dad.  Hugs.  And good for you for making your decision on work and putting it into practice so promptly.   :clap

Cindy ~ stay safe in the snow.

We're heading into another bout of cold weather, but hopefully it's only going to last a couple of days and then be nice for the weekend.  Then again, I just looked at the local weather forecast and that says teens and twenties for the lows for the next week and only getting into the fifties on Monday and maybe Tuesday.  It's usually in the mid fifties at this time of year.   :P

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, That is going to be a pretty shawl. What yarn are you using? I wanted to look at the pattern but google wouldn't let me. Malware!

Linda, My ex was an artist. The kids and DS ex (yes she still has some of his stuff) have some of his drawings. He got a degree in art. He was very good at it. Are grandson Zack is very talented naturally. Glad things are straightened out with your meds.

Today we had meet your neighbor. We have about 24 new people in the park. At crafts today we melted pony beads in different size cake pans (we baked them in the oven for 20 minutes) there going to become suncatchers. I made hubby a blue and yellow one with an M in the middle. They turned out really cute. Then I did laundry. By supper time I wasn't feeling to well with this cold so I didn't go play cards tonight. 

It's going to be cold here for a few nights. Down in the 30's. 

We face timed with Maya last night for a little while. We had to go outside due to the wall that blocks my view. It also interfers with my internet and phone service. 

Hope everyone has a good thursday!

:sun

:mug ~ Good Morning House................

Hope all is well with everyone this bright and early morning!

Thank you all so much for all the love ... support and prayers you continue to give me and my family!

I am still very sad about leaving my job... as I miss the kids so much and some of the adult friends I had made.... but I'm much less stressed now and can enjoy my days!

My son Michael is holding his own!   His protein levels are good... but could be better!  So we continue to watch what he eats and make sure he drinks lots of water and we just keep praying!!!

Oh Judy.... Bless your heart!  Your MIL sure was blessed to have a DIL like you!!!!   :hug

It sure sounds like you're having fun Linda!   Love hearing all about it!  :D

Stay safe and warm Cindy!  Yeah.... I think you and Judy are right... its best to focus on the good memories!!! 

I'm off to my moms again today.... super windy out... so if I can drive with the wind I'll save on gas... LOL>>LOL

I had a good day with my mom yesterday... we exercised... I got her all set up on Pinterest....showed her how to turn her phone into a 'hot spot' so she can surf the net with her tablet .. Anywhere.... crocheted a bit and then home to see my beautiful boys!

Today I'm taking more crocheting over and am going to teach my mom how to make a ruffle scarf from sashay yarn. :hook

you all have a fabulous day!!!!

Good morning housemates,

Praying for Tam, Holly and their families at this time.

I'm working on 4 "Heartwarming" afghans.  They're for teachers.  I'm also helping with my niece's new baby.  She went back to work almost 2 weeks ago.  My sister's nerves are shot so I try to take care of him as much as possible when DN is at work.  I think my sister has had a mild stroke but won't go to the doctor.

Well, I've dropped everyone off starting with my DN at 4 am, given Jacob a bottle and he's asleep.  I'm going to lay down a bit before his next feeding.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi, peeps!

Tam, thankfully Michael is not losing ground! Enjoy your time doing what you love...

Cindy, stay warm and cozy!

Linda, it sounds like you are really enjoying the art class!

Val, don't forget to take care of YOU...then you will be able to take care of everyone who needs you.

Hi to everyone else!

Have a good day my friends

Good morning. We are supposed to get a lot of snow today, but so far it's just cold and dreary. I was planning to stay home today, so it's not a big deal, except for the fact that we have a lot of snow already.

Last evening we went grocery shopping, for us and also for the in-laws, and then spent a couple of hours visiting with them. I will need to get out to the grocery store again on Saturday, since we are having guests for dinner and I will need fresh meat for that. Other than that, I'm in for the week. Today will be cleaning day. Yesterday I did laundry, altered a couple of skirts for my new smaller self, and looked around for new crocheting and knitting projects to start. On the positive side, I didn't actually start any of them. Then my mil told me she needs a pattern for knitted kids slippers that will stay on, so when I got home, I looked for those too. Did not find much though, at least not in the free patterns. I may have to buy her one.

Val, I echo Judy's comment on taking care of yourself.

Tam, glad to hear that Michael is holding steady.

Have a good day, everyone.

I forgot to let you know that I used some fabric my goddaughter brought me from her trip to Tanzania over a year ago. I made new covers for a couple of living room pillows. Bold pattern, but the colors really go in there. Seat oft he pants sewing on my 40 yo Sears machine ....

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Way to go making pillows. They had two sewing machines in the garage sale here. One was sold and one wasn't. I thought about buying it but I have one I could bring down. Just haven't really made the decision to do so yet. I'm hoping Maya might like to learn to sew. Her sister is trying to hand quilt. If Maya does show an interest I would like to give her the machine DD's dad bought me one year for Christmas. It would be a good practice machine for sure. Nothing fancy about it. 

Cindy, DD said they got 18" a couple of weeks ago in that snow storm. I seen there is some artic cold coming in. Stay warm!

Val, Be sure and take care of yourself to. 

Tam, Good to hear Michael is holding his own. Glad your able to do what you need to do for you.

Hope the rest of the house is all doing well. Tonight hubby wanted to go to DQ so we did. Today is one of are neighbors birthday and she always is making brownies for DH so I thought I would treat her and her DH to DQ also. She had back surgery so she isn't getting out to much yet so we brought it back to them. It made there day. Tomorrow we should be prepping for are lunch on saturday. Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes, not sure what else. 

I talked to my cousin today she is going to start chemo on the 21st. Once a week for 4 weeks, 3 weeks of radiation monday thru friday, and 4 weeks of chemo again. Her doctor calls this the sandwich effect. Doing all these treatments she has less than 20% chance of the cancer coming back. If you would keep her in your prayers it will be so appreciated. Thanks!

Hope everyone has a great friday!

Happy Friday

Just read through all the 'comings and goings' and its already 6! Ryan fell down the stairs the other day and broke is foot so he is a cast on for 2 wks! The pediatric ortho took xrays and because the bones are still soft, he said it didn't look like there were any fractures, but the 4th metatarsal looked 'off' so he casted it. I stopped at the store on the way home Wed and picked up some things for him to play with since he can't walk! At bedtime he said, "I want this blue thing off" Poor kid! Going to stop again tonight after work!

Hugs to all!

Have a good day!

'Morning, House. :)   We've been without uverse for a day and a half...back on as of yesterday evening. :cheer   I just skimmed posts...

Joanne ~ Aww, poor Ryan. :hug   Keeping a 3 year old with a cast on occupied won't be an easy task. ;)

Tammy ~ I'm so glad Michael is doing okay. :hug   You sound more relaxed now and I'll bet your mom is thrilled to see more of you, too!

I will be back later - DH has an 8:00 dental appt. and then we're meeting DD and the little guys at Chick Fil A for playtime and an early lunch.  Have a wonderful morning, everyone. :manyheart

Hi, all.  Yesterday was work in the afternoon and Prayer Shawl Group after that.

Getting bawled out on Monday about my blood sugar left me feeling very discouraged.  My A1C went from 6.7 to 7.7 even with me increasing my exercise and watching what I eat.  RATS!!!  She's increasing my insulin and I'm continuing to do all the watching and keeping track of stuff.  And cutting my intake even more in hopes of getting the A1C back down.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Or maybe I'm just suddenly not making any insulin or not as much as I was on my own.  I don't know.  I've been on 20 units of Lantus for years and stable.  Why now is different, I can't figure out.

Val ~ don't get all run down with the new baby.

Marlene ~ will keep cousin in my prayers.

Joanne ~ Poor Ryan.  I'll bet he figures out how to get mobile one way or another before the 2 weeks are up.

Have a good day everyone.

Good afternoon ladies. Snowing here..it's like the new normal. Oh well, I'm warm and comfortable inside.

Linda, you should never feel bawled out by a doctor. Rather she should try to help you figure out what's going on and collaborate with you on strategies to fix it. Likely it's a combination of things, making less insulin, stress from making decisions for the future, holiday eating, changes in activity levels, illness, etc. I'm sorry you felt bawled out. I was angry when I read that you felt bawled out, because it sounds like punitive behavior, not constructive intervention.

Joanne, poor Ryan! And poor dd. She certainly has her work cut out for her.

I found out yesterday that we have to work mandatory extra hours for the next 6 weeks. Not at all happy about this.

Well, better get back to my chores.

Linda, I agree with what Cindy said about your doc and the possible reasons your numbers changed....you are exercising more these days....who knows how that can mess with stuff?

Archived