Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Well, been out....twice....to try and get Lucy tired! I think she finally is....running in the snow will do that :)

The temp is about 15 out there, but at least it's sunny.

Been working on the lap ghan I put aside at the beginning of our hot weather....I'm finally back in the rhythm of the pattern.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's snowing and we're not in the 5-8 inch band anymore... the storm shifted north and we're in the 8-12 inch now. Really, though, with that much snow, why not get a little more? :) The girls and I were able to get all our running done and home before there was more than a few flurries in the air. :)

Hi House. :hi  i seem to be getting further behind lately.  Hmmm - could it have anything to do with DH being underfoot all the time? :lol;)

I've seen the news about the record setting cold and snow!  Stay safe, everyone. :hug

Very little crocheting going on lately, but do have two scarves started and some 'little squares' made. 

Time to start dinner.  Have a good evening and a good Sunday.  We (or just me depending on DH's cold) are going to stay with the boys in the morning and again on Monday.  As of Thursday, Zach is officially walking...everywhere.  :eek  Wish me luck!

Hi All!!  I've been without the internet most of the day.  Since the ice storm before Christmas, every time the wind blows hard (which is nearly every day here in OK), we lose the internet.  Takes me a while but I can get it back on.  Will have to call once the weather settles down some to see if they can fix the lines. 

Thanks for all the kind words about the afghans.  Oldest GS wanted a red, white and blue one (same colors as DH's afghan), and he was very specific in the pattern of colors.  Little one wanted wild and crazy colors and I told him no, they needed to go together (DD is a fanatic about matching everything), so he picked blue, yellow and white.  They took them home with them since we already have a lot of afghans here!

Mary - hope you don't get this freezing cold weather.  I'm so not looking forward to -degrees on Monday morning.  Brrrrrrr

Joanne - stay warm and stay safe with all that snow.  Glad you have an "elf" help clear your drive.

Hope all of you that are getting snow and lots of cold, that you stay safe and warm.  I plan on staying in as much as I can.

Missy Snuggles is a MESS.  She's already got her splint moved down, so I don't know if we will have to take her on Monday to get it redone or not.  I really can't afford to be taking her every other day to get it fixed.  I was hoping to wait until her next appt on Friday and hopefully he would take it off.  DD took her to Petco and bought her a "new" toy since she had to have surgery--she's been playing with it and trying to get it to squeak.  The toy is bigger than she is LOL.

Well, I'd better go and get back to crocheting and watching football.  Have a great Saturday!

Hugs to all of you!!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, DD called me and told about Fifth Third Bank burning. It was live on tv. She is on vacation this week with Maya and Elaina (Maya's sister). I looked it up today and they said it was caused by an electric heater that construction workers had been using. They had a fire and thought it was out. I hope they can rebuild and have it open in time for baseball season. Burr it's cold at home.

Judy and Joanne, It's nice the snow fairies come out and help each other out. 

I hope everyone stay in and stays warm. I went out to get some groceries this afternoon. Today before I left one of the stores I checked my receipt and didn't get charged the right price. I brought it to the attention of the cashier. He said thanks for bringing it to his attention he would watch for it. Sad thing is it wasn't in the computer and the sale ends tonight. I wonder how many people didn't get the sale price and don't even know it. I try to watch but sometimes it's hard to tell until you get the receipt. 

I had a nice time at ladies night last night we had 4 new ladies join us. Hope everyone has a nice warm sunday!

Good morning!

We had a good day yesterday- it was COLD, but roads were ok. Had my hair cut (she did a good job and will color it next week). Went to have my nails done too! Then in the afternoon, DH and I went and spent the day with DD, SIL and the boys! Watched football, played, had pizza for dinner and it was just a very nice relaxing day!

This morning we have freezing rain, the roads, walks and steps are ICY! I took the garbage out this morning and nearly slipped--but didn't! Phew!!! Going to spend the day inside---so much for putting away Christmas things since I have to pull my car out of the garage to be able to open the crawl space door where all the bins are. I'm not pulling the car out onto a sheet of ice! Oh, well, Christmas decorations will be up a while longer

Off to crochet for a bit!

It's up to 41* today and supposed to get up to 45* later this afternoon.  A nice change.  It's foggy and overcast though, so will be careful when I'm out today.  I'm supposed to go to Rosie and John's this afternoon to watch movies.  They got a bigger TV for Christmas.  Will let you know how it checks out.

Hi House. :hi  i seem to be getting further behind lately.  Hmmm - could it have anything to do with DH being underfoot all the time? :lol

;)

Sounds like a definite possibility.  

ime to start dinner.  Have a good evening and a good Sunday.  We (or just me depending on DH's cold) are going to stay with the boys in the morning and again on Monday.  As of Thursday, Zach is officially walking...everywhere.  :eek  Wish me luck!

Ohhh, boy!  And they can reach soooo many more things when they don't have to hold on to stay upright!  Good luck to you.   :lol  It's a fun time, but exhausting.

Hi All!!  I've been without the internet most of the day.  Since the ice storm before Christmas, every time the wind blows hard (which is nearly every day here in OK), we lose the internet.  Takes me a while but I can get it back on.  Will have to call once the weather settles down some to see if they can fix the lines. 

Missy Snuggles is a MESS.  She's already got her splint moved down, so I don't know if we will have to take her on Monday to get it redone or not.  They are so good at that kind of thing.  I really can't afford to be taking her every other day to get it fixed.  I was hoping to wait until her next appt on Friday and hopefully he would take it off.  DD took her to Petco and bought her a "new" toy since she had to have surgery--she's been playing with it and trying to get it to squeak.  The toy is bigger than she is LOL.

Too cute!

Well, I'd better go and get back to crocheting and watching football.  Have a great Saturday!

Hugs to all of you!!

Good morning!

We had a good day yesterday- it was COLD, but roads were ok. Had my hair cut (she did a good job and will color it next week). Went to have my nails done too! Then in the afternoon, DH and I went and spent the day with DD, SIL and the boys! Watched football, played, had pizza for dinner and it was just a very nice relaxing day!

Sounds like a great day.

This morning we have freezing rain, the roads, walks and steps are ICY! I took the garbage out this morning and nearly slipped--but didn't! Phew!!! Going to spend the day inside---so much for putting away Christmas things since I have to pull my car out of the garage to be able to open the crawl space door where all the bins are. I'm not pulling the car out onto a sheet of ice! Oh, well, Christmas decorations will be up a while longer

I'm so glad you didn't get hurt.  We used to leave our decorations up until February.  They didn't go up before hubby's birthday, Dec. 16th, and came down just before mine, Feb. 14th.  Except, of course, those years when they never made it up at all.   :reyes

Off to crochet for a bit!

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe Sunday.  BBL   :manyheart

We have about 9-10 inches of snow... it's hard to really know because it's blowing so much. On the south side of our apartment building, the snow was drifted almost to my 3 year old's waist at noon. Looking in our back year, it's drifted enough that there's no sign of them playing out there. School is closed for tomorrow and the library actually already closed! Hooray! :)

Nice that you already know there is no school or work tomorrow, Howieann!

I finished the afghan for DH and when it weaved in the last end he put it in top of himself. Didn't even get a chance to wash it. He said its so soft. Too dark to take a picture but I'll get one soon.

That was the quickest blanket I ever made. Of course the homespun thick and quick and an n hook helped speed things along!!!

Have a good night.

Joanne - glad you got your afghan done for DH.  The perfect weather for a new thick and warm afghan!!

Holly - glad you can stay in tomorrow.

It's sooooo cold--I guess we'll be going to work and school tomorrow (although I'd much rather be at home).  I'll watch the new tonight but usually if they call off school they will do it by 6 am in the morning.  We didn't get much snow/ice but the temps will be brutal, -10 to -15 wind chill for us.  I'm really hoping they'll call off school but I don't think it will happen.  :( 

Missy has been a mess.  She's found squeakers in each foot of Lamb Chop- LOL.  Found them during the night while sleeping in DD's bedroom!!!  Keep DD up for a while but she just let her play and she went back to sleep. 

I got to work on my sweater some today.  Got the back two pieces together, working on one of the front pieces now.  Maybe I'll have it done later this week.  I do have a meeting tomorrow night (so not looking forward to this one) but hopefully it won't be a long meeting since it's so cold, I really don't want to be out late.  and I want to have time to crochet!!

The hat I made for my coworker's little girl--she loves it!!  She won't let anyone else try it on!!  And this is a good weekend to be wearing it :)   I'll try to post a pic of it later (couldn't get it to download earlier).  It was easy and quick to make. 

Well, I'd better get in there and crochet some more before going to bed.  Have a safe and warm evening!!  If you have to get out, please be careful!!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Nice that you were able to finish DH's afghan off and he loves it. So glad you didn't fall. Yesterday sounds like the perfect day for you and your family. 

Linda, My sister makes pork chops with sauerkraut to. I've never had it, I may have to try it. I like sauerkraut. 

Holly, My daughter texted me this afternoon and they had 7" and it was still snowing. Granddaughters school was closed for tomorrow.

Sherry, With those wind chills alone are schools in Michigan would close. It's not safe for kids waiting for buses or the walkers. Back home the tv station will send you an email possible even a text if your school is closed. You do have to sign up for it. Daisy chews every toy but one right apart. That toy they advertised dogs can't chew them apart and she can't. Hubby bought it at a craft show. 

Mary, Have a fun time with the boys tomorrow. It will take some getting use to having DH home all the time now. I wish you luck! For my DH it was a bigger adjustment for him than me. I told him I had my routine in the mornings and he wasn't going to change it. He didn't try to either. But it took him a long time before he found something to do with his time. He retired in November and we went to Florida the first of December for the winter (4 months). Spring and summer when he could go out and go fishing were life savers for him. Are neighbor told him to take a walk that would help him burn up the energy he needed to get rid of and he did and that helped him. Working in a shop and having a routine for so many years to nothing or feeling lost is really a challenge.

It's cold here to. It's suppose to be down to 33 tonight. So were all in for this cold. DS is on the road this week. He is in Pennsylvania right now. Has a load to drop off tomorrow and not sure how long he will be there because of the storm. We had ice cream social tonight. A much bigger turn out since she moved it to the big dining hall. Hope everyone is staying warm! Have a nice monday!

Hi, all.  Had a good time at Rosie and John's this afternoon.  I brought pizza and Rosie got fried chicken so we were all set.  Watched two movies on the big set.  I got the 1st side of the Celtic Knot Shawl done while there.

TV is on and the nasty weather is approaching.  By morning we're expecting the current rain to be changed to ice with black ice likely on the roads.  Wind chill warning for tomorrow is the first since 1983.  About -10* here for tomorrow morning.  Snow expected north of here in the mountains and wind chills there of -15* to -30*.  Oh, Brrrrr!!!!  Several counties have already cancelled school for tomorrow and more are expected to be closed by morning.  And tomorrow is supposed to be the first day of my drawing class!  Hopefully by three in the afternoon it won't be too bad.  It's not far, but still.  Not the kind of weather I like being out in.

Stay safe everyone, everywhere.

Just looked at the forecast for here in Cumming.  Down to about 10* with 20 mph winds by 3:00 pm tomorrow.  Ouch!  Wonder if they'll cancel the class.  Rain in the forecast through 8:00 am.  This is NOT encouraging.

Morning, my friends!

Sherry, be careful the pup doesn't eat the toy....we have kong toys and nylabones left out for our guys, but the more easily destroyed toys get put away unless we're playing with them too. Had a bad experience years ago when a piece of a toy got stuck....not fun.

Linda, I hope you can get to drawing class....that would be a bummer!

We got up this morning and the several inches of snow that were there last night are now completely gone!! Was 60 degrees out there! The streets have some along the curbside but....wow, what a crazy change in weather.

Tomorrow morning will be 9 degrees and very windy. Blech. Snow is more fun.

Oh, the lap ghan I was working on....I'm calling it finished. It's the perfect size for the NICU so I'm making the border now.

Judy, I'm jealous.  It's 21* with 21 mph winds.  Yuck!!!  No sign of ice in the parking lot.  The sky is half blue and half big clouds.  And the clouds have SNOW flurrying down out of them.  NO!!!

Looks like the class will be no problem.

Hi House. :)   I'm home from DD's and really ready for some crochet time. :lol Two days in a row with the little guys is a lot. ;)   It was 12* here this a.m!  Brrr...

Holly ~ Sounds like you're housebound for a while!  I hope you have some yarn to play with. :hook

Linda ~ Oh, I sure hope you were able to go to class today!  Can't wait to hear all about it. :yes

Judy ~ Do we get to see a picture of the lapghan? :)   Lucy must have had a ball in the snow - stay warm with the next arctic front! 

Marlene ~ That's really cold for the coast...hopefully it will warm up soon!  Is Maya back in school after the holidays?  

Joanne ~ Yay for finishing your DH's afghan! :clap

Hi to the rest of the House, too.  Better get busy!

Oh, it is COLD!  It's dropped 10* in the last hour and a half.  I made it to the drawing class and it was FUN!!!  The ladies are all about my age or a bit older.  And it's not at all threatening, although I admit to being scared stiff before getting there.  It's like this is stepping out into a new area just because I want to do it in pursuit of MY dream, not someone else's.  I settled down quickly and just had fun and was picking up a lot of it quickly.  And this class is approaching drawing from a whole different perspective than anything I've done previously.  We started with a horizon line and drawing boxes.  Also drawing shading, value scales.  Assignments are doing daily drawing of value scales and boxes to get used to one point perspectives.  Actually drawing a simple picture with them, too.  We'll get into color next week and some other fun stuff.  I have to get used to a different way of holding the pencils, too.  We're supposed to hold them at the far end of the pencil and between the 2nd and 3rd finger instead of the 1st and 2nd.  It feels very awkward at the moment, but the instructor says it will actually give us more control.

It's hard to tell how much snow we really got because it drifted so much. I'm guessing about 9-10 inches. But there are places where the snow is drifted 4 or 5 feet and then places where you can see the grass... Crazy! Schools and library are closed again tomorrow, so I know we can just relax. They said the library might do a delayed start on Wednesday because we'll have to dig out the building... fun! :) I'm hoping it will warm up enough tomorrow that the girls can go out for a few minutes.

Hi ladies. Very cold here, -5 degrees with wind chill at around 30 below. Yesterday's drive home from my brothers was awful, 25 MPH on the freeway, all the way from Detroit to Grand Rapids. We got at least 10 inches of snow yesterday. I worked today and the commute was pretty bad. It's really windy, so the visibility is port, and that, added to the snowy and icy roads made driving pretty nerve racking. Another 4 to 6 inches of snow is forecast for the next 24 hours. Unfortunately I have to work again tomorrow.

Linda, I'm glad you got to go to drawing class. I tried holding a pencil like that, and is sure didn't feel like I had any control at all.

Judy, I don't think we have seen temperatures above freezing for a month. 60 degrees would be nice for a change.

Marlene, is that pretty cold for Texas? It seems like it would be warmer down there. And yes, schools were closed here. Even Grand Valley State University was closed, and that doesn't happen often. All three of my children got their bachelors degrees there and I only remember one closing in all those years.

Joanne, sounds like your dh really appreciated his afghan.

Mary, I know what you mean about your grand children tiring you out!

Well, time for dinner. Have a good evening.

Cindy, be safe on the roads!

The temp is now about 35....from the high of 59 or 60 this morning. I don't ever remember weather being this weird.

Stay warm and cozy, everybody!

Hi all

I didn't go to craft club tonight. It was 34 when I pulled in from work and temps are dropping I just didn't have it in me to go back outside. It'll be hard enough in the morning when it's going to be about 4 with wind chills making it feel worse

Linda. I'm glad you got to your art class and had so much fun

Cindy. Glad u made it home safe and sound. Be careful tomorrow.

Mary. Yes, little ones do wear you out. Hope u got some crocheting time in

Marlene. That sounds very cold for TX. It's cold in PA too but roads are fine

Howieann. Enjoy another day off. I see that there are already delays for schools because of the frigid temps

Stay warm. Have a good night

Hi Ladies,

It's cold here to. It's suppose to get down to 32 tonight. I let the water drip last night and will tonight to. We do get some cold days here and we have had one or two night that it gets that cold but it has only been above 60 twice since we got here. I've already wore my shoes more days than I did last winter. Last winter was like summer. We were spoiled! I figured as nice as it was last year we would be in for a cold winter this year and that it has been. It is suppose to start warming up wednesday and beyond but with some rain. 

I went to the jam session today. I sewed a button on DD's headband and made Maya's daddy a earwarmer. Just have to do one round of edging. I thought I would look up a snowflake pattern made with yarn. I have the pattern at home so I hope I can find it on the internet. It had a face on it. I think the lady who designed it use to be on here years ago. 

Cindy, Be careful out there driving. MSU, GM and the state and city offices in Lansing closed. Those are all a rare closing. 

Mary, Are grandkids are a lot of fun but they sure can tire us out. Maya hasn't gone back to school yet. The snow and wind chill. She and her MOM got stuck this morning near the daycare ladies house. Two ladies and the daycares husband pushed her out. Her car sits low to the ground and they had a foot of snow.

Judy, Way to go on finishing the blanket for NICU. 

Holly, Enjoy another day off with the kids.

Linda, Glad you could make the class today. Holding a pen the new way your being taught with a pencil does feel awkward. 

Joanne, It's much easier to stay in where it's warm.

Hope everyone stays warm and has a nice tuesday.

Hi, all.  It's now down to 9* and the wind is still about 20 mph so the wind chill is below zero.  Brrr!!!  When I was living with Kim and JC we had to drip the water in the sinks whenever the temps were below 32* so I wonder how the new owners are making out now.  Hopefully, okay.

Stay safe and careful out there everyone.  Especially those of you up north with all the cold and snow and ice.

Good morning!  Blue skies, temp of 6*, wind down to 11 mph.  In a word, COLD!  :wbrr  But not as bad as last night.  My joints are all protesting.  

Talked to DD last night.  They are even colder.  Of course.  No school for GS yesterday or today.  This winter is one for the books.

On the agenda for today: staying inside where it is warm as much as possible.

Stay safe and warm everyone.   :ghug

Archived