Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Thanks, Judy and Cindy.  Why is it that when numbers changed it's always assumed it's because I'm not following the protocols?  She didn't bother to look at my log.  Next time I'll print it out.  I'm soo unhappy at the moment.

At least the drawing is coming along well.  I'm going to try to take a picture of one of the drawings I did yesterday.  I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.  

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay.  I managed to get my pictures uploaded.  Now to see if I can get the picture from my computer to here.  This one is using the 2-point perspective.

post-9295-0-90652500-1389998251_thumb.jpg

Wow, Linda, I'm very impressed by that drawing!! You've just found another artistic outlet....and it's much more portable than a bag full of yarn!

Thanks, Judy and Cindy.  I'm getting the hang of the two-point perspective.  Still lots to learn, but it's coming.  Today's picture was a house, barn, fence, and road.  With each attempt I'm learning more tricks and ways to get things better.   :P  I'm not so sure about drawing being more portable, if I'm taking very much with me though.   :lol

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Linda ~ Your drawing is incredible! :clap   It's obvious that you are a natural at this...keep the pictures coming. :yes   So sorry about the doctor situation.  She should be working with you, not just criticizing!  :hug

Cindy ~ Wow - is this record amounts of snow for you all?  How many extra hours will you have to work?! 

Hi Judy, Holly and the rest of the House. :manyheart

We had lots of fun with DD and the boys.  Zach and Luke love the play area at ChickFilA and we got there before it was too crowded.  I've been awake since 4 - not sure why, but it may be a very long day. :lol  

Morning, peeps!

Mary I know about those early hours and not getting back to sleep....I'm sure you'll make up for it tonight. It's such fun watching little ones discover new ways to play...so happy it was a good outing.

Our friends are coming to visit today....lunchtime visit into the afternoon...

Have a great day.

Thanks for the compliments on the drawing ladies.  I'm pretty impressed with how this teacher is teaching us.  It answers so many questions about why so many of my drawings have always been out of kilter.  Which in turn makes it fun to do new ones that actually look right.

Work this afternoon for me.  Then 3 days off.

My phone's battery had run out so I missed a call from the doctor's office about the lab work that was done on Monday.  Not sure what that's all about, but guess I'll find out on Monday.  When they call me, it's usually to say that something is out of whack.  Sigh!  If it's just the blood sugar, I already knew that that was high.  I'm not about to worry about it in the mean time.

Hope you all have a good day and a great weekend.

Good morning,

Had fun with Ryan and Robbie last night! Ryan is getting around by crawling and when he wants to reach something he gets up and stands on his good leg and bends his knee and holds the leg with the cast out back. For a 2 1/2 year old he's doing pretty good with the cast!  tonight i babysit, so we'll see how that goes!!

Linda- Love the drawing- you are a natural! I don't think lessons would even help me!  I agree with the others that I think your doc should be working with you- not chastising you!  Maybe it's time for another doc? In any event, you'll have to get another one when you move to IA.  Hope your day at work goes smoothly

Cindy- I feel your pain with the mandatory overtime!  I'm glad that I don't have to work the gazillion hours I was working before. Even working 40 hrs/week without the stress seems like semi-retirement- LOL

Mary- Sounds like a fun time with the boys!

Judy- Enjoy your day with your friends!! Glad it's just raining and yucky and not snowing/icing out there today!

Marlene- I'll bet your busy today with all the cooking! Have a good day

The dryer just went off so time to put the next load into the dryer......and get back to cleaning

Have a good day!

Hello ladies. Still snowing lightly here....sigh..... At least it's not amounting to much. Still, a little sun would be nice. Although, then I'd be able to see all the dust I missed while cleaning. Dh tells me that another blast of bitter cold is headed our way. I may have to go buy some flowers so that I can pretend that spring is closer than it is. I'm not sure if we have had record snowfall for this time of the winter,

but we've had a lot!

We are having friends over for dinner tonight. It will be a cook your own dinner like this: http://oranjeflamingo.wordpress.com/2010/03/07/gourmetten/

Except my set looks like a grill with burners underneath, and everything gets cooked in pans on top of it. I still have to run out and buy meat, but otherwise, everything is ready. (I like to get fresh meat for this)

I haven't been doing much crafting, just a bit of knitting. I did read two books this week though, and I'm halfway through a third. Ds installed book shelves in his bedroom and office, so he dropped by last night to pick up his hundreds of books, and we were eating one of his favorites for dinner (meatloaf), so he joined us. The shelves in his old room look awfully bare.

Mary, I'm not sure how many extra hours it will be, probably not too many. Dd thought it was 16 hours. I'll find out when I go back to work on Monday.

Joanne, I think Ryan's adapting to the cast is just proof of how smart children really are. Have fun baby sitting tonight.

Judy, enjoy your time with your friends..

Marlene, that's a lot of cooking. I think your dd got more snow in that storm than we did. It was over a foot, but I don't think it was. 18 inches.

Linda, I would say the same as Joanne, no amount of classes could teach me to draw like that. Now if I could trace something.....:)

Holly, you've been quiet. Must be busy.

Val, what's on your hooks. Or are you too tired between the baby and the chauffeuring duties? Hope your sister is feeling calmer with you helping with the baby.

Tam, how are things going now that you aren't working?

Hi House. :) 

Cindy ~ What a fun way to entertain.  Casual and plenty of time to visit - sounds great! 

Joanne ~ Ryan sounds like he's doing really well with the cast.  It's hard for a toddler to have a lot of patience, though. :lol  What are you working on now?

Linda ~ I hope work went well yesterday - enjoy your days off. :yes  I know you're looking forward to class tomorrow!

Judy ~ Did you all go out to eat yesterday with your friends?  Counting the days until your trip to Europe? :D

DD called last night about 10. They took Miss Shelby (one of their cats)  to the vet last night and will bury her at her FIL's ranch today. :cry   Sarah adopted her during her senior year at UT in 1997 and she was at least 3 then, so she's had a happy, long life.  We'll go over and stay with the boys a little later.  This is going to be a rough day...

Better change the laundry.  See you all later - have a good day!

Sorry! It has been a bit of a crazy week and I've just been hiding away a little. This weekend my brother, sil and sister came into town to be with Mom as we're working through Grandpa's death. Since none of us "kids" could go down for the funeral service, this was our time. I took Friday and Saturday off. Of course, that lead to a couple of very late nights.

Holly - sending you some hugs.... :manyheart

Mary, the BIL of our friends was admitted to ICU - double pneumonia! So they went back home immediately to watch their 7 yo nephews (twins) He's doing a little better today....so we had a clean house and a quiet day.....

Holly, sending you and your family prayers.

Mary, Miss Shelby did have a long life, but it's still hard to lose a beloved furbaby.

A quiet day planned here.  Slept late and am getting a slow start on the day.  It's warmer today than yesterday even though it was bitterly cold last night.

Hello ladies. Lazy day here. We went to church this morning, lunch is done, I'm here, dh is cleaning the kitchen. It's not snowing for a change, but it's really windy, so snow is blowing around.

Holly,sending hugs. It's good you could have some family grieving time.

Mary, soending your dd sympathy about Miss Shelby. It's hard to lose a pet, especially after so many years.

Judy, hope your friends bil continues to improve.

Well, back to my reading....

Hi all

Last night worked out great with the boys. Robbie went to sleep around 7:30 and then Ryan went to bed around 9. He would have gone earlier but I was having fun playing with him and list track of time. Lol

Today I was able to get a pair of very warm gloves and snow pants at a great price at sports authority. Everything is on clearance now. Next Sunday we go to the hockey game between the devils and rangers at Yankee stadium and I want to make sure I'm dressed warm!!!!

We just finished watching the first football game and will be watching the next one. I'm alternating between projects. I have the cable scarf, the ribbed scarf, a garter stitch blanket and a crocheted shawlette in the works. That and finally going to do a couple of squares that I have left to do on the sunny spread and am hoping to put it together before Robbie ' s birthday in March.

Hope u all had a good day

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Sorry to hear about your doctor. I hope she is more helpful tomorrow or you should say something to her about it. Your drawing is amazing. You are a natural for sure. Can't wait to see some more.

Joanne, Sad to hear Ryan is in a cast. 

Mary, Sorry to hear about DDs cat. It's never easy losing are pets.

Judy, Hope your friends BIL is improving.

Holly, It's nice your family could be together.

Cindy, I seen thru wood tv the cold spell that is coming. Glad I'm here.

We served 91 lunches yesterday. I've been looking most of the day for the pattern I made up of Maya's baby afghan. I have it at home. But can't find it on the net. I had DD take pictures last week and send them to me. So tomorrow I may try to post a pic and maybe someone will know what I'm looking for. Could be it's not on the net anymore. 

Hope everyone has a nice monday!

:night .:: Evening House.........................

Well........... I slipped away again............ sheeeesh!  sorry!

I get so caught up in things around here!   And of course its been a bit busy with things going on at the High School.  There was a "Pink Out" Basketball game Memorial night on Thursday that we all went to.  There were T-Shirts sold all week for anyone that wanted to wear them for the game.

This is what the halls looked like at school on Thursday.................

post-18634-0-15169600-1390190918_thumb.jpg

This the Jr. class.... one of the girls was a Jr.

post-18634-0-82189200-1390190961_thumb.jpg

This is some of the Sr class.... the other girl was a Sr.

post-18634-0-08981600-1390190999_thumb.jpg

It was a very emotional ... but awesome night.

The Dance Team (which the Sr girl was on)  put on an awesome performance .... bless their hearts

post-18634-0-34903000-1390191287_thumb.jpg

Well... I need to go get a refill on my :mug.... .so I'll catch up more later.

I've been staying busy with my hook and yarn.... and even a little knitting!  :D  *orders*

Thanks so much for all you're love .............. you guys are the bestest ever!!!!

Oh............... Linda.................... that drawing ROCKS!!!!

:heart

:mug

Archived