Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Just went out to walk Sweet Pea and to see how bad it is.  BAD!!!  I fell hard within 10 feet of the apartment door.  I'm going nowhere today.  My hand and knee already have bruises forming.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's official.  Work is closed today.  They closed about 1:00 pm yesterday.  Their son was dismissed from school at 1:00 pm and his 18 minute drive took 2 hours.  Lily said to stay inside and enjoy an extra day off.

Hi, ya peeps!

Linda, I hope you're just bruised and nothing worse!! Stay  warm and cozy.

Mary, it would be godd if the doctor had some new thing for DH to try...

The snow was just enough to make it slippery around here. We've already been out to the store and I have an appointment with  DS at 3, which won't be a problem.

Be careful everybody!

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Hope there's nothing more than bruising from your fall. So glad your work closed and you don't have to think about getting out in it. I seen it on the news and it is just awful. I hope Val and her family are home safely.

Mary, Wishing you good news at hubby's appt. 

Cindy, We've been having trouble down here getting on the internet in the mornings. They said when we called it is spotty in areas. Have you reported it yet? 

Hi to the rest of the house. We finished are decorating at the club house. Then I did laundry and went to the store. I drove along the gulf on my way home. I took some pictures of the boats. I'll take a look at them and see if they turned out and share them. Were suppose to start warming up tomorrow. Maya didn't have school today due to the temps. The other kids did even though most of the schools around them were closed. Stay warm everyone! Have a good thursday!

Good Morning! 

Linda ~ Sending hugs :hug  your way.  I hope the bruising isn't too bad.  'Hope your ice will be gone soon!

Marlene ~  Warmer temperatures are finally on the way - I know it's been colder than usual at the coast, too. :yes 

Hi to the rest of the House, too! :manyheart

I'm just waiting until 9 so I can make sure my favorite haircut person is there today - then groceries, bank, etc.  DH's appt. went well.  She did an evaluation and then started with some tips for now and the future.   She was pleased that we've already changed our lighting in part of the house.  Not sure how many visits will really be necessary, but I would think at least a couple more.

Have a great day, everyone!  I will crochet later, I will crochet later..... :yes;)

Good morning.  The snow is starting to depart and about half the parking lot is totally clear.  I swept the snow off my car and took a go at the ice on the front and back windshields.  Will need to run the defroster but at least it's better than it was.  My left knee and right shoulder took the brunt of the force of the fall and were jarred badly, but are mainly just really stiff and sore.  I had the heating pad on a good bit of yesterday and that helped the shoulders.  Just need some time for the soreness to wear off I think.  I walked far enough to see the road and it is mostly clear, so I'll be going to work today.  Prayer Shawl has been cancelled for tonight.  Melissa was stuck in the mess on highway 400 for 9 1/2 hours Tuesday.  There's still enough snow and ice out there to not want to risk anyone's safety tonight.  However it's a lot better than yesterday.

The latest word on the church repairs to the downstairs is that it won't be usable for at least another 3-4 weeks.  We're hoping like mad that the supplies in the store room won't be ruined by then.  We've got a lot of yarn there and a number of finished projects as well.  We're pretty much figuring that the mold will ruin the paper goods by then.  Since the yarn is in plastic bags and plastic bins, we're hoping that it will be okay.  Time will tell.

Hope everyone stays safe and warm.

Hi all,

The temps are climbing upwards in the right direction!!

Linda- So sorry about your fall! Hope your bruises heal quickly!  So many people were stranded in Atlanta- it's really a shame that the schools/offices weren't closed earlier- especially since GA is not equipped to handle snow and ice!

Mary- glad to hear that you got some good tips for DH---and I must ask--did you crochet today?

Thanks for reminding us it's Julie's birthday- I miss her too- and hope she is ok

Marlene-  I'll bet you are glad that the decorating is done!

Cindy- Hope you are able to get back on the ville with something other than your phone soon. That is so strange!

Judy- Enjoy the balmy temperatures! LOL

Off to figure out dinner!

Hey, Ladies! Long time, no see. Hope everyone is staying warm. We're getting into the 20s as well but another system is headed our way forecasted to bring heavy snowfall. Whoopee!

"The early afternoon weather model runs are coming in with totals of 4" to 8" or 5" to 10".  Either way, more than a half foot seems reasonable, especially south of I-96.  The track of the storm, through northern Indiana, is nearly perfect for heavy snowfall in West Michigan."

"More than a half foot seems reasonable"--reasonable?? Reason has flown out the window!

Hi Ladies,

I seen Val posted on facebook she was out in that snow but after many hours she did get home

Mary, Glad you were able to get some tips for DH.

Joanne, Good news on Ryan getting his cast off. Yes I'm glad the decorating is done. I will have to share pictures. There's not much that isn't decorated. It is pretty, but there isn't much more you could decorate. 

Jeanne, Hi! My daughter said snow this weekend and another storm coming in on tuesday. What a winter. I told her today when we talked this winter is like it was when I was a kid. Lots of snow all winter long.

We face timed with Maya and DD. Daisy looks all around for them when she hears there voices. Tomorrow we are prepping for Lasagna lunch for saturday. Then tomorrow night we have a dance with a live band. 

Stay warm everyone! Hope you all have a good friday.

Here's a pic of a keyhole scarf I just finished. I don't have a head mannequin so I wrapped it around my canister of protein powder. It's kind of big because it's for a 22" size neck!  :eek  My stepson posted a pic on FB of his new dog with this hideous scarf tied around her neck. Told him that would never do so I made this one for her. Just put it in the mail yesterday and can't wait to see a pic of her wearing it.

post-7514-0-63747500-1391138682_thumb.jpg

Julie, you are truly missed.  Happy Birthday!

Left for work early just in case I had trouble getting there.  I didn't, but really careful.  It was very slow at the beginning, but did pick up later.  I am really stiff and sore, but otherwise fine.  Lots of schools, churches, and businesses still closed.

Joanne, hooray for Robbie getting out of his cast.

Hi, Jeannie.  Long time no see.  How are you?  And what are you working on?  I agree that "half a foot sounds reasonable" sounds really weird.  Cute scarf!

Hope you all have a good day tomorrow.

Hi ladies. Still on my phone. Sigh.

Marlene, our internet works fine for every site except this one. DS says that what is happening is impossible. Maybe so, but it's happening! Just goes to show that lots of education isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Jeannie, I am so over snow and cold. I have to work this weekend and of course we are supposed to get dumped on again. At least the sun is shining at the moment.

Joanne, I'm glad to hear Ryan got his cast off. Mary, hope that there are some more good ideas coming to help dh cope. Linda, I'm so relieved that the fall wasn't worse. Hope you heal quickly.

Dd was going to come over with the boys today, but our roads are still quite icy because it's been so cold, so she opted to stay home.

We'll, enough typing on my phone. Hi to everyone else. Maybe tomorrow things will be straightened out.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Yesterday I kinda had a play day :eek I went to the gym, then the mall, JoAnn's, and the market.  Then another chiro friend of mine called to see if I'd be able to adjust him since his regular guy was out of town and he was leaving today for a seminar.  So, since I was already out and about I went over to his office.  Then I met a friend out for dinner to use a birthday coupon.  I had a patient this morning and then picked up Averie and Sloan from school since it was an early dismissal for them and Ingrid was stuck since her MIL took off Mon and Tues to watch them when school was cancelled because of the 0 and negative degree weather!

I haven't gotten roped into any crafts yet....some of you saw our origami on fb the last time they were her :lol

I have 2 new patients coming a little later on around 5:30, so it will be a bit of a later night til I see them and get their paperwork in the computer so I don't leave it until tomorrow.  I have a patient tomorrow morning and a date in the afternoon with a new guy from Match!  We'll see what happens, but I must admit I'm kind of excited about this one where as all the other's I was just kind of going through the motions :xfin

I hope you're all doing well with mother nature and are planning great weekends ahead of you :hug

Hi all!!  It's been one of those weeks!!  I have one more report to do and then I'm finished with the end of year reports!!

Missy got her cast off and we were told "no jumping".  so we have a new rule for the oldest GS, he has to hold her sitting on the floor since he tends to forget to hold her on the couch. 

We're supposed to get a lot of bad weather this week, starting tonight.  First we get "freezing fog" which I really hate, then Sunday we get snow and sleet, Tuesday we get more snow (at least 4 inches) and then Thursday and Friday we will get snow and sleet.  I may not be at work much next week!  At least I have some yarn to work on some projects if we do get snowed in.  I found my RR that I started about 2 years ago (or maybe it was 3 years) and I hope I can get it finished this winter.

Hope all of you are safe and warm!!  I'm sooooo ready for warmer weather!

Hugs to all of you!!

Good morning!  I've been hibernating.  The parking lot is still a mess in the shaded areas.  I did make it to Walmart yesterday to pick up meds and some food items.  Also picked up a couple of pieces of fabric for my quilting stash.  It was marked down to $2 a yard on clearance.  I got about a yard of a green pattern and about 6 1/2 yards of a mottled dark brown, which is a good neutral color and enough for the backing of a quilt as well.   :D

My upstairs neighbor parked his car last night, went to check his mailbox, and came back to find his car sliding backwards on the ice.  He moved it, needless to say, but it was scary.   :eek

I had gotten myself the Hunger Games trilogy at Christmas time and started them this week.  I've already devoured the first two am just starting on the last one.  They are a fast read and really, really good.  I highly recommend them.  There's a lot of the first one that explains things that were just alluded to in the movie or that left me wondering what they were referring to.   :yes

Still sore from the fall on the ice, but I'm a lot better.  Using the heating a pad a lot and that's helping tremendously.  Bruises are gone already.

I'm planning on watching the Super Bowl more for the commercials than the game.   :lol

Hope you all have a safe and good day and weekend.   :hug

Hi House. :)

Cindy ~ It sure sounds like it's something to do with the 'Ville...I hope it's fixed soon. :hug   I finally got a stylus for typing on my phone - DH stole it. :lol

Linda ~ Keeping fingers crossed that the prayer shawl supplies are safe and dry. :yes  Hopefully, the ice will all be gone very soon...we're expecting freezing precip tomorrow into Monday!

Joanne ~ Ryan (and his parents) must be so glad to have the cast off.  Are you working on anything now?

Hi Jeannie!  Great to see your posts and the scarf is lovely!  I hope you're doing well. :)

Marlene ~ Oh yes!  We'd love to see pics of the V day decorations!  Have the temps warmed up?  We hit 75* yesterday and it was wonderful!

Marisa ~ Can't wait to hear all about your date. :yes   How is your Mom doing?

Sherry ~ Yep, here we go again. ;)  Icy stuff predicted for tomorrow here in DFW, too.  So glad Missy Snuggles is doing okay. :manyheart

We stayed with Luke and Zach yesterday.  Zach is walking pretty much all the time now.  Luke is now in the Batman phase and calls Zach his "trusty sidekick, Robin." :lol

Back to the desk and then crochet time - finally.  I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. ♥♥♥

Archived