Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, all.  Thank you for all the compliments on the quilt.  He was ecstatic to finally have it.  It's made in his favorite colors, it's big, and it's warm.  He's one happy camper.

Kim, the lady I took care of for so long, has had another bout with pneumonia and is not doing well.  They just took out the feeding tube, which she hated.  She will be making do with whatever she can get down orally (not much) and IV fluids & nutrition.  She's nothing but skin and bones.  I think this will be her last year with us.  And from the look of her latest picture I don't think it will be anywhere near a year.  Please keep her in your prayers.   :cry

Holly, that is a lovely baby blanket pattern.  Cheering you on.   :cheer     :cheer    :cheer

Marisa, hoping you're feeling better in time for the next date.  Sounds like this one is much better than the last one.  Glad you're having a good time with him.

Please stay safe out there all of you in this awful weather.  Hope your back is okay, Judy.

I am loving this little blanket and it works up quickly. :)

No snow today! But it's awfully cold! My 8 year old has a 2 hour delay tomorrow. They're predicting -15 before factoring in the wind. And then a small snow on Saturday. Hooray! BUT the snow should hold off until after I get my shopping done, which includes a trip to Joann!

Good morning. It's very cold here too, but it doesn't look like there is any new snow. It snowed all day yesterday. I was on call for work yesterday but never got called in. That was a nice surprise after being so busy for so long. Work today though.

Well, off I go....

Hi ladies!

Linda, I was just thinking about Kim yesterday - I'm so sorry to hear about her decline...you were very good for her. She's in my thoughts and prayers, as are you.

Cindy, I hope you have a good day at work.

Hi, Holly, Marlene, Mary and everyone!

My back is better this morning, thank goodness. I haven't been in the yard yet today. Maybe later this afternoon. Off to the store for a few things and then a visit with my friend, my goddaughter's mom, so we can talk about our trip. Only a month now!

Happy Friday, everyone. :)  

Linda ~ Oh, I'm so sorry about Kim.  She has bounced back so many times, though...a very strong lady. :yes

Holly ~ I hope you're able to go to Joann's!  Ours really do have a good selection and the coupons are great. :)  Keep us posted on the afghan progress!

Judy ~ Good news that your back is better.  :manyheart   My sister has similar problems and has rough days when she does too much lifting, etc.  Have fun with the 'trip planning get together!'

Marlene ~ It's supposed to get into the 50's here this weekend, so I hope you have a real warm-up!  How is Miss Daisy doing?

Hi to the rest of the House, too. ♥♥♥

We've just had a few snow flurries and I hope that's all we get!  It's been a busy day so far and I'm ready for a crochet break. :)

Good evening ladies :hi

Well, I've been here since 8 this morning and am just checking in before flying out the door.  I've been drinking extra doses of my antioxidants since Wed and had the fever below 100 yesterday even :clap  I am all stuffy yet, but everything that is coming out is clear and not green!  That's exciting news to me....it's the little things! :lol

Date 3 tomorrow and I think we're going to do the traditional dinner and a movie date.  There's nothing 'different' going on that I know of this weekend and he has to work in the morning or we'd be going the Pitt basketball game for noon.  :xfin  still crossed, we'll see how this all pans out (I really try not to let myself get excited :( )

I don't have any patients tomorrow so probably will not be back until Monday.  But for now I'm exhausted since I couldn't sleep last night, I've been up since 3:15am.  And oddly, I've gotten more accomplished today and I did probably the past 2 weeks combined! :eek

Have a great weekend everyone!  I hope all that were ailing are feeling better to enjoy the weekend.  Those of you in for it with weather, keep hanging on :wink

Hi Ladies, I said I would be back and this time I made it! Actually, I would have been back before now but after uploading my pic, I got locked out and Amy had to fix it. Now I'm afraid to post any pics!

Good morning ladies. I had a really busy day at work yesterday, and I'm still exhausted from it. Unfortunately, I've been awake since about 4 AM this morning. Maybe it will be a nap day. Bat least I don't have much to do today. Dd is coming for dinner, but she has plans for the evening so it can be an early night. And in other news, we have gone nearly 24 hours without snow!

We went out for dinner, got groceries and visited the inlaws yesterday evening. I was pretty tired when I got home from work, and after all that I was more than ready to drop into bed.

Joanne, hope you get to have a relaxing day. Any plans to see R and R this weekend?

Jeannie, I got locked out a few weeks ago, too. In my case, I think I posted too many times one day, but Amy told me that it most often happens when people post pictures. Glad you are back.

Linda, I'm sorry to hear about Kim. She has certainly fought hard this far.

Marisa, hope you feel well for date 3. Fingers crossed that it goes well. BTW, I think you may have sent that stuffiness through the computer and over to me. I don't really feel bad, but my nose is red and sore from blowing it. Might have to go out and buy some Puffs Plus.

Mary, hopefully the snow flurries were all you got. I'm not really very well informed on normal Texas weather, but it get the impression that it's been unusual there.

Marlene, hope your weather warms up before it's time to return to Michigan. Dh heard that we are supposed to get an early spring. It would be nice, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Sherry, you seem to have been getting quite a bit of bad weather as well. Do you have grandsons there this weekend?

Judy, hope your back is better now. Otherwise, there's always ds to help. And I agree with you, snow is one thing, ice is something else entirely.

Holly, thanks for sharing that baby blanket pattern. It's beautiful. Enjoy yourself at Joann's. A huge Joann's opened near here a year or two ago and it's become one of my favorite craft, fabric and yarn sources. In fact, I just went and bought my mil a bunch of yarn. She has taken up knitting and wants to make slippers for her great grandchildren. I printed a few easy patterns for her to try. I think it will be good for her to have something to do. She practiced by knitting dishcloths, and then she decided that I could help her knit herself a sweater. Lucky for me, my sister in law talked her out of that. I don't think either of us have the skills or patience to knit an adult sized sweater.

And speaking of knitting,instead of working on finishing my WIPs, I started knitting a baby blanket. It's pretty easy, but it is going to take me a long time. I found the pattern on Ravelry when I was avoiding my household chores.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/garter-rib-baby-blanket

It seems easy enough for an ambitious beginner like me. I'm just afraid it will require more patience than I've got. There's a good thing about knitting or crocheting for people like me. If it doesn't work out you can just frog the project and re-use the yarn.

Well, coffee should be ready. Have a good day.

'Morning, all. :)

Jeannie ~ Hi!  So sorry about your being "banned" :wink - I hope they fix the problem!  I've been logged out abruptly while I'm reading posts a couple of times!  Are they trying to tell us something? :lol

Cindy ~ Take it easy today and enjoy your time with DD this evening. :)   Yay for a whole 24 hours without snow. :yes

Marisa ~ Have a wonderful time on your date. ♥  I hope you're feeling lots better. :)

Time to change laundry.  I'm forcing myself to spend some time at my desk each day, so it's not so overwhelming.  Getting our tax stuff together along with the remaining estate paperwork...off I go. :)

Good morning,

Cindy- Love that baby blanket- added it my favorites on Rav! Enjoy the snow free day!

I had a girls night out last night with some friends and it was a lot of fun! Lots of laughter and catching up --- Today, I've been cleaning, laundry- the usual---going out in a bit to get my nails done and enjoy the sunshine without any snow-although we are supposed to get some flurries

Tomorrow, DD , SIL and R&R are coming over for dinner so I probably should plan what I'm going to make and get to the grocery store too!

Have a fabulous day----

Good morning.  Yesterday was a weird day.  I wasn't feeling the best but had to get out and get new front tires.  They were going to flush the transmission fluid, but said it would cause more problems than it would help so skipped that.  Then somehow or other I managed to lock my keys in the car.  OUCH!  Cost $140 for the locksmith to come out and open it up.  Took all of about 5 minutes.  He got there quick and had me on my way quick, so at least I wasn't out in the cold for too long.  I was still frozen by the time I did get home.  

Then watched the opening ceremonies for the the Sochi Olympics, which were great!  They've really put out a lot of effort on them.  It's so interesting to see what each country does when it's their turn to host them.  Lots of political talk about them, but I was impressed very favorably.  It's a huge, old country with things in its past that aren't great, but it's an ancient land.  We have things that we didn't do so well, too.  I always enjoy watching the skiing and skating in particular.  I tend to avoid the hockey, but other than that find most of the rest of it interesting.

Hope you all have a good day.

Yay!

Yup. Linda, Russia has had its problems, but they've also been around eons longer than most, so it's inevitable. Since my heritage is Eastern Europen I've always had an interest in Russian history.

Hi to everyone else!

I'm about 3/4 done with the baby blanket. The Olympics will help with getting done. As I sit for hours watching, I'll have lots of crochet time! ;)

My Joann's trip wasn't a huge success. They had one thing that I went for, but not the baby yarn, so I ended up having to order it. I almost had earlier in the week, but decided to just make the trip. Now I ended up having to pay for faster shipping... ugh!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy,  :clap a day with no snow. That's a nice blanket your knitting.

Mary, It's starting to warm again. We all are hoping it will stay warm. 

Holly, Hope you get your yarn in a timely manner.

Linda, Kim has been a fighter before. Wishing her the best. Ouch! That's a lot of money to unlock your car. 

Joanne, Enjoy your family time tomorrow. 

Jeannie, Sorry you got locked out. Hopefully the problem can be fixed.

Last night we had a 50's dance and show. It was a nice time just not enough 50's music. Expectations will get you every time. Today we had breakfast for almost 80 people. We served pancakes, eggs, bacon, ham, orange juice and coffee. 

Are granddaughter is being induced today. She had to be at the hospital at 4 so I don't expect to hear anything until tomorrow. I talked to Maya for a little while today. She told me she had pancakes for breakfast to. 

I hope everyone is enjoying there weekend. 

Good morning

Marlene. Congrats and I hope all goes well !! Can't wait to hear about the new addition to your family

We decided to make chicken cacciatore for dinner today. Looking forward to seeing the boys ( and of course DD and SIL). I spent some time watching the Olympics and alternating between knitting and crocheting DH alternated between watching and snoozing lol.

Have a great day everyone!!

Edit because of spellcheck on the iPad that corrects words I don't want corrected. LOL

Good morning

Edit because of spellcheck on the iPad that corrects words I don't want corrected. LOL

Yes, the iPad can turn your spelling mistakes into some interesting words. Kind of makes you wonder what you actually typed in the first place!

Nothing much going on here. After I commented yesterday that it wasn't snowing, it started to snow and it kept up all day. Another couple of inches added to the piles. I am scheduled to work today from 3 to 7. It's part of the mandatory extra hours we are required to work. From what I see on Facebook, it was a very busy day yesterday, so I'm expecting to have to work. I just hope it's not as awful as Friday.

Cindy. I hope you have an easy day at work. We are supposed to get some snow this afternoon

I went to Carter's outlet and picked up some cute outfits for the boys Then I went to Tuesday morning and got each of them a puzzle. I remembered valentines day is this week and thought it would be nice to have something here for them

Hi, all.  It was busy at work yesterday between dusting and waiting on customers there wasn't much time for anything else.  I did manage to get a drawing done of Frank's tea pot which is cute.  Otherwise stayed busy.

It's a lazy day so far today.  Olympics just came on so will be watching and doing handwork.

hi ladies.

I found out there is one computer in this house that will allow me to sign into the forum...pain in the patooie! I'll try and get my other electronics recognized by the site once Amy gets back to me....

Anywho - I read the recent posts and not much new here, so off I go again!

BBL!

Here I am on my iPad! Amy worked her magic and I'm back. The other computer will probably work, too....haven't checked yet.

A bit of snow tonight....and at the end of the week again. I think I need a drink.

Hi All - busy weekend.  We had both GS this weekend.  Little man was running 103 fever on Friday night, so we ended up not letting him go to karate (he was soooo disappointed) and not going to church.  Oldest one was my helper since the little one wasn't feeling well.  Never did figure out what was wrong with him - his fever dropped to 100 or 99 for the rest of the weekend.  He didn't complain of anything hurting, so we think it was just a virus or at least that's what we are hoping for.

Haven't crocheted all weekend since the little one was on my lap most of the time.  But I'm sure I'll have a lot of time this week to do that.  Made a couple of scarves last week, so I'll see what else I can do.  Will be having a colonoscopy (spelling?) on Tuesday, so I'll be busy tomorrow night drinking all the wonderful stuff I have to drink :(

Judy - hope you get all your computer problems fixed - I hate computer problems!

Marisa - hope the date went well. 

Joanne - hope your weather's improved.  Ours is going to get messy again, sigh.  They are now saying 4 inches by the end of Tuesday.  I'm sooo tired of this cold and dreary weather.  We had the freezing fog again today, snow beginning tomorrow and through Tuesday.

Mary - hope your weather is better than ours! 

Holly - hope your order comes in soon.  We have a Joann's here but I haven't been in it for a very long time.  Last time I went there they didn't have much of anything.  And with DH working at HL, we get a discount, so I'd just rather go there and spend my money.

Well, I'd better go and get some things done.  Have a great evening all!  Hugs to all of you.

Hi Ladies,

It warmed up today. I don't think it got to what they said it would but it was warmer than it has been. Fog rolled in late this afternoon. Are windows were steamed from cooking dinner and I looked outside and was like what is going on. So I went out and looked and it was fog just rolling in like smoke. I was thinking some one had a fire. It was very strange.

I talked to DD and DS today. DS become engaged last night. And there is no new baby yet. The hospital is full of moms and babies so all the moms to be were told to go home and come back tomorrow (today). They were discharging 14 moms today

. I don't know if they went in or called but was told to call tomorrow. Four other moms to be are ahead of her. I think they may wait until thursday unless things change. I told her probably women went in so they could be home for valentine's day. I'll let you know when it happens. 

Sherry, Glad DGS is feeling better now.

Judy, Glad your ville connection is fixed now.

Hope everyone is staying warm. I recorded the beatles show so I'm watching it now. Have a good monday!

Good morning. My four hours at work yesterday were really nice. However, I didn't work on my own unit, but today I will be. Our unit is really busy at the moment so I anticipate a much busier day.

Anyhow...off I go. Hope everyone has a great day.

Archived