Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies.  I hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend. :)

Linda ~ I hope you're okay. :manyheart   Sending more hugs this morning. :hug  That cake sounds sooo good!

Joanne ~ Have a good day - a cut and color always feels so good!

Judy ~ Did you get any of those storms yesterday?  It seems so strange to have tornado warnings in February, but I know they can happen any time.  Thank you for letting us know about Marlene. ♥

Marlene ~ We've missed you! :yes

Hi to the rest of Our House, too!

We're going to brunch or lunch for DH's Birthday and then to buy groceries.  The kids are coming for an early supper tomorrow instead of lunch, so I think we'll grill burgers.  I got back to the ATW baby 'ghan last night, after taking a break with another scarf. :)

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My middle dd just called she has to put her cat down because of inoperable tumors in his mouth. This cat has been through alot with her. My heart aches for her. She took him to her print shop the other day when she found out. She had the cat make lots of paw prints on the printing paper. She said she might come over afterwards. I hope she does.

Hi Ladies.  I hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend. :)

Linda ~ I hope you're okay. :manyheart   Sending more hugs this morning. :hug  That cake sounds sooo good!

Joanne ~ Have a good day - a cut and color always feels so good!

Judy ~ Did you get any of those storms yesterday?  It seems so strange to have tornado warnings in February, but I know they can happen any time.  Thank you for letting us know about Marlene. ♥

We got a burst of thunder....scaring Sparkie...and a bit of heavy rain but that was it for our part of NJ. Lots of snow melting going on!

Marlene ~ We've missed you! :yes

Hi to the rest of Our House, too!

We're going to brunch or lunch for DH's Birthday and then to buy groceries.  The kids are coming for an early supper tomorrow instead of lunch, so I think we'll grill burgers.  I got back to the ATW baby 'ghan last night, after taking a break with another scarf. :)

what colors are you using for the ATW baby ghan? 

My middle dd just called she has to put her cat down because of inoperable tumors in his mouth. This cat has been through alot with her. My heart aches for her. She took him to her print shop the other day when she found out. She had the cat make lots of paw prints on the printing paper. She said she might come over afterwards. I hope she does.

oh, Joanne, I'm so very sorry about the kitty....I got tears in my eyes because I know how he was such a comfort for her...and as someone who has gone through the losses of our first pet, a cat, and six dogs I truly feel her sorrow. Please give her my love.....

Joanne, sending her hugs, too.  I know what it is to have to put a pet to sleep and it's no fun.  I miss mine, but always get another one because their love and companionship makes up for the loss at the end.  She wouldn't want him to suffer.  It's nice that she made a bunch of paw prints to remember him by.

Thanks everyone.  Today has seemed strange, not going to work, but I've been watching the Indiana Jones marathon this afternoon.  The fact that they could believe this of me shows me that I wouldn't want to work for them again, even if I was offered the job back.  

I think I'm going to go get myself some sushi for supper.

Have a good evening.

Hi ladies. Busy day at work today, but just steady, not crazy. Work again tomorrow.

Joanne, I am so sorry about your DD's car. It's always hard to lose a pet.

Linda, sushi is one of those things that I never developed a taste for, but if think it could be a good choice for a diabetic. I suppose it depends on what they season it with.

Marlene, hope we see you again soon.

Mary, grilled burgers! That sounds so good. We often grill in winter, but this year it's just been way too cold. snoring is coming though.....or at least I think so.

Good night ladies.

After a week of fighting a cold/sinus nastiness, I'm finally feeling almost human. I'm not convinced it won't go into a sinus infection, but I feel better for now. I had a couple of days where I was dizzy and achy enough that I actually used a couple of sick days, missed a meeting and missed a training class. I made all my programs, though.

Hi, ladies!

Holly, I hope you keep getting better....

Linda, I agree with you. I wouldn't go back if it was offered, either. DS developed a taste for sushi when he was in school in California. I never could see the attraction, like Cindy, but it us supposed to be very healthy eating.

Another polar vortex coming, with snow, this week. Goodbye the springlike weather we just experienced.

Ten days till France. The pups...and DH...will be so happy when I get back. Sometimes I just get down on the floor with the pups and let them get it out of their system...lol! It's crazy! This is the first time DH will be left home with them and since I do the feeding etc, we are going over Sparkie's probiotic schedule, etc....

Good Sunday morning, everyone.

Joanne ~ Sending hugs to your DD. :hug    Like many of us, we've gone through this several times and it's always hard.  :manyheart

Holly ~ Oh, I'm so sorry you've felt so bad. :hug   I hope you're on the mend now.

Linda ~ DD and her DH love sushi, but they haven't convinced me to like it yet. :lol   Are you working on any projects this weekend?

Judy ~ I had to laugh about your DH being 'home alone' with the children. ;)   My DH would be getting an excel spreadsheet with detailed schedules. :lol  He still doesn't know how to run the dishwasher, washer, etc.  I've tried to show him...not interested. 

Cindy ~ Yes, we love grilling, too.  Luke told me he doesn't like burgers but will be happy to eat my oven french fries if we have ketchup. :lol

The kids aren't coming until after Zach's afternoon nap.  I've done everything I can do ahead of time, so it's crochet time for me. :)   Have a good day, all. :manyheart

Same here, Mary! I've gone over the clothes washer instructions many times and have given up. In an emergency the local laundromat does wash and fold...lol!

Found out my so-called smart phone won't be able to work in France. I'll just have my friends stateside daughter pass on any updates to hubby. I'll be electronics free. Taking some yarn for my carryon....a baby ATW ghan sounds like a fun project, Mary. I'll also have some paperbacks....easy, peasy.

Today is supposed to get up to 70* or close to it.  Then, of course, it's back to cold weather with an over night in the teens or twenties in a couple of days.  I'm planning a long walk with Sweet Pea this afternoon to take advantage of it.

I finished up the Persephone Shawl that I had in the works.  It's black with a turquoisy streak running through it.  Then I have a Celtic Know shawl that another of the ladies in prayer shawl group started.  She did the back but couldn't figure out the sides and then lost the directions for them.   :lol   And I'm still working on the latest quilt.  And I want to finish the drawing of sea shells that I started last Monday.  I think that's enough to keep me busy for a day or three.   :D

I've gotten a lot of extra sleep the last couple of days which is helping me to feel better physically, too.

My DD has been to France as a foreign exchange student and loved it there.  Hope you have a wonderful time, Judy.  Take lots of pictures.

I took the girls outside for about half an hour today. It looks beautiful, but wow is it cold! The grass is so muddy that they had to stay on the parking lot, so we did a little soccer game where I was kicking it and making them chase. The girlies had fun, but didn't object too much when it was time to come in! I think our temps are supposed to drop this week, too. Ugh.

Today was surely a tease with the weather It was so nice. DH and I went to a nearby town and walked around and then went to a cafe to listen to some jazz music. I brought some crocheting with me.

DD had an art party to so today at an art museum so that was something good to keep her busy.

Judy and Mary. I guess I'm lucky that DH can do the laundry and cooking. He does just fine on his own.

Linda I hope you enjoyed your walk with sweet pea today. I have a feeling dd will get another cat but I have to say cat was really special. It'll take a while

Mary. Hope you enjoyed your time with the boys.

Howieann I'll bet it felt good to be outside even if it was a tad cold. My youngest had the boys outside today and said Ryan lived being out!!!

Have a good night

Linda - so sorry to hear about your job.  I too think they needed an excuse and came up with something. 

Joanne - sorry to hear about your DD's kitty.  Hopefully she'll come by your place.

Mary - hope your weather's been great!  We are now going back into the Polar Plunger (how I hate that term).  It's gonna be cold all week long, brrrrrr.  It's hard to go back to those temps when it's been in the 60's and 70's for almost 2 weeks!

DD had to take littlest GS to the dr.  He'd cry about his tummy and then he'd be ok for a couple of hours and then cry again (big, big tears, not faking it crying).  Well, he doesn't have strep or ear infections, so it's probably a virus.  Fortunately no symptoms except tummy hurting.  He was better today.  But we didn't get to see him at all this weekend since she kept him home.

Well, I finally got "the report" like one person wanted it--worked on it for 4 hours to change everything in QuickBooks to get it to report like he wanted it.  I'm not making any more changes or they can find someone else to do the job.  I'm so tired of a few people making my work load twice what it should be just because they don't like change.  They really have no idea how close they came to not having a secretary last week.

Well, I'm going to test a pattern this evening while I watch the closing of the Olympics.  I hope I can do it, cause it's a cute pattern. 

Have a great evening all!!  Everyone stay safe and warm!!  Hugs to all of you!

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Thanks for letting everyone know I couldn't get in the house. My hubby can cook and I have showed him how to use the washer but I don't want him to do my clothes. Bummer your phone won't work overseas.

Joanne, Sorry for DD's loss of her cat. That's a hard thing to do. I had to do it once. 

Mary, Happy belated birthday to your DH. The pic of the boys is really cute. Glad the insurance is all fixed now.

Linda, How awful of them to accuse you of something like that. We all know better but it don't take the pain away. Sushi isn't for me. You'll lots of time for crafts now.

Sherry, Poor little guy missing you and mommy. Even kids don't like changes. Hope he feels better soon.

Holly, Hope your feeling better real soon. I bet it was nice getting to get out even for a little bit of play time.

Cindy and Jeanne, Let's hope March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb. 

The little great grandson is suppose to be able to go home tomorrow. They found out he has acid reflux and he had to stay longer. 

Last night we had a one man band play. He was good he plays local. He played the keyboard and the violin. He is a great violin player.Are entertainment committee usually has a music show once a year. 

Has everyone that has an apple product updated the new update? Your iphone and ipads. As of last night they didn't have a fix yet for the mac machines. We all updated are phones and ipads tonight at computer class. Apple didn't send us anything but the update. We had to locate it. 

I'm off to bed. I hope everyone has a nice monday!

Quick good morning

Marlene it's great that you are able to get ba k on the ville again. I did do the update to my iPad but my iPhone says there is not enough memory. I'm going to synch all my pictures tonight and then download the update. I'm pretty sure that most of my pictures are already on my computer and external drive but don't want to take any chances

Have a good Monday!!

Good morning ladies. Work was busy yesterday, and what with one thing and another, I didn't actually get a chance to sit down and relax until about 10:15 PM last night, do I did not get online yesterday. I had planned to go into work for a staff meeting at 7:30 this morning but I didn't feel like getting up. I'll have to do that later this afternoon, as I can't do it on any other day this week.

Marlene, glad to see you back. Sounds like you are still being well entertained at the park. It was sunny yesterday, so some snow melted. It's snowing at the moment though.

Judy, it's too bad your phone won't work overseas. I've heard of people buying a phone once they get there, but I wouldn't think it would be worth it for a short trip.

Holly, sorry to hear that you have been sick. Glad you are on the mend. I can imagine how much fun it was for your girls to play outside, especially if mom plays with them. I bet a lot of kids have "cabin fever" because it's beentoo cold to get outside and use up some of that energy.

Sherry, poor little GS. Hope he feels much better soon.

Joanne, have a great day at work. Your day yesterday sounded fun and relaxing.

Mary, my dh knows how to use the washer. He washes the sheets every week. He has no concept of sorting clothes though, so I do those. The one time he did all the laundry, he put like items together, pants in one load, shirts in another, etc. my white tops turned a muddy shade of grayish pink that time.

Linda, thinking of you. As Marlene says, think of all the crafting and drawing time you will have. Hope you and Sweet Pea enjoyed that walk.

Well, off too start my day....

Hi ladies.

Marlene, good to see you back!

Cindy, you're right about it not being worth it with the phone. What well do is she my friend uses what's app to reach out for her DD stateside well ask her to fwd it to DH for me. Just basic updates...all the details will be written I. My travel diary so I can share them she I get home.

Not feeling all that well today.  Bad head cold.  Still went to class, though, and we are starting on shapes other than boxes.  We'll also be trying out different mediums for drawing.  Last night I tried drawing an egg.   :lol   It's a whole lot harder than you'd think.  The instructor said it was good.  I was working on an upside down flower pot today.  Each of us was working on something different.  

You're right about having more time for my crafting.  And it will be nice.

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the welcome back!  I didn't go to the jam session today. I made 2 pies this morning that you had to freeze for a few hours then put them into the refrigerator. It's 2 8 oz containers of yogurt any flavor mixed together with an 8 oz cool whip. Then you put them in graham cracker crust. I used yoplait yogurt, but next time I will use dannon or one with the fruit in it. 

After happy hour I did laundry. Don't think I'll do laundry at that time of day again. There was several others that had the same idea. I took my ipad with me and took pics of the dining hall decorated for Valentines. Tomorrow it comes down and St. Pats goes up. I'll take pics and share both. Hope everyone has a nice tuesday.

Good Morning, Ladies. :)  

Marlene ~ So glad you're back at the 'Ville!  I hope you've been enjoying some warmer weather at the coast.  Did your great grandson get to home yesterday? :c9

Linda ~ I hope  you're feeling much better today. :manyheart   I'm in awe of your drawing capabilities!  (That's coming from someone who has trouble drawing a decent stick figure. :lol)  Please show us more pictures!  The shawls sound lovely.

Holly ~ I know you all have had enough winter! :hug  'Hope you're feeling much better now.

Sherry ~ How is littlest GS doing? 

Hi to the rest of the House, too!  We leaving about 9 to go vote, take Gracie to the groomers and run a couple of errands.  I'd better get ready.

Oh!  We had a wonderful time with the kids Sunday.  The weather was perfect and all of us, including Gracie, walked to the park.  The boys rode in the wagon.  There were two people flying kites and a few other kids there - Luke did not want to leave. :)

Good morning. It's snowing again and bitterly cold. Dh heard on the news this morning that the frost is 5 feet into the ground and that people should leave a tap trickling. I was outside briefly yesterday and tried to walk across the front yard. I sunk in past my knees and the snow is even deeper than that. It's going to be a mess when it melts.

I'm going out to lunch today with a group of nurses that used to work in the ICU with me. We try to get together a couple of times a year.we are all more or less the same age. Critical care is really more a young persons game, it's fast paced and strenuous, so lots of people, (both young and older) leave after a few years. There are still 3 of us there though. In my case, it's because it's comfortable and I don't feel like learning new tricks.

Here is a picture of my left over cotton yarn market bag. I found the pattern somewhat tedious to follow so I just did my own thing here and there, so I don't think it's what the designer had in mind. However, it will get the job done. The pattern I started with is

http://withatangledskein.blogspot.com/2011/04/one-world-market-bag.html

post-6189-0-50420200-1393338396_thumb.jpg

Drink enough fluids, Linda....sending you hugs...

Well, as if I really needed proof that most of the world hasn't a clue about what they're doing...

We went to Verizon on Sunday to ask about using my phone in France. Well, they didn't think I could, but called their global department and handed ME the phone....with a cord on it no less...so I could ask. They I was told they were redoing thdatabases or some such thing and to call back in an hour. Yeah....right....

Today DH called Verizon to ask about lowering our plan and after getting that info he said, by the way....and asked the service rep about the overseas calling. She said of course you can (we have a droid). She emailed me the chart with the costs and instructions on how to make calls. Even told me how to turn off the messaging so I wouldn't be inundated with unwanted emails or texts until I wanted to use that feature to text or call home. Wonderful lady and so helpful and knowledgable.

So....I will be bringing my phone and will be able to call hubby :)

Archived