Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning!

Holly, that's a wise decision. When DH was working many of our vacaton days were spent taking day trips or long weekends somewhere close.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. It's cold here, (2 degrees) but the sun is shining brightly, so it's not too bad. Laundry, cleaning and a haircut are on today's to-do list. Dh and I are going out for lunch too. He bought a coupon for a local bakery that expires today. It's on the lake and has wonderful burgers. Probably not the best for my diet though.....oh, well!

Judy, that is a lovely picture of you. I enjoyed your Paris pictures on Facebook.

Holly, we did a lot of vacations like that. Spring break was always a hot vacation week at the hospital, so I did not always get it off. I think the kids enjoyed the one or two day excursions just as much as the week long ones and they sure were more economical.

Linda, sending hugs.

Hi ladies. :)  Thank you again for the compliments on the scarf. ♥

Linda ~ :hug  and more hugs coming your way.  The hurt, anger and all the other emotions that come with such a horrible experience would be impossible to just forget!  You know we're always here for you. :manyheart

Holly ~ Oh, day trips and short get aways are a great idea!  I hope you have some more spring-like weather coming up!  Have they scheduled your DH's surgery yet?

Judy ~ Great picture!  Has Lucy let you out of her sight yet? ;)

Cindy ~ It sounds like you have a good day planned!  Enjoy. :)

Hi to the rest of the house, too!

We've had a very full couple of days.  DH's nephew and his wife were in town from Oregon.  They didn't stay here, but we all met at DD's for the afternoon on Tuesday.  It was 86* and we sat out on their deck and were entertained by Luke and Zach.  :lol  Yesterday was errands, a haircut and even a little yard clean-up!  I'm spending more and more time helping DH with his consulting business - proofreading his emails, correspondence, etc.  It's so good that he has something to do - we're still adjusting to all this! :yes

Have a great morning, everyone!

Thanks, Mary.

Adjusting to changes when you've been married a long time is hard....but doable. Yesterday DH officially resigned from the contract work that had been his second career for 17 years. He had cut down on work over the last months so this wasn't as hard as it could have been.

The boys are definitely entertaining at their ages!

Miss Lucy is still my shadow...and Sparkie sits in front of me a lot and gives me his paw....

Good afternoon.  I slept the clock around, making up for lost sleep the night before.  Feel much better today.  The emotions are settling down and I'm adjusting.  Thank goodness for the art class.  It gives me lots to concentrate on to make up for the work hours emptiness.  And for all my wonderful friends.  You've all been so very supportive.  It helps tremendously, as does the knowledge that I did not do the theft.  I don't believe anything was stolen, just a return that isn't remembered.  Why she did it as a void instead of a return, I'll never know and it no longer matters.

It's sunny and very windy with much colder temps today.  It's 41* now and not supposed to get all that much warmer today with another cold night tonight and then warming to the low 60's for the rest of the week.  The wind is supposed to clear out later today or tonight.  Prayer shawl group tonight at Miss Ann's.  Her husband has Alzheimer's and cancer so meeting at her house is helping her out as well as giving Prayer Shawl a place to meet while the basement of the church is still under repair.  We still haven't been able to get to our supplies either.  But we are succeeding in spite of the obstacles.  God does supply when we put our trust in him.  I'm almost half way through the last round of a shawl that is made with size 30 crochet thread in cream and hand spun dark navy yarn from my DD.  I love the way has it turned out.   :D

I got pizza for supper from Papa John's last night.  The pizza in almost a month.  Yum!!!

Well, we have changed our plans for Spring Break. We decided that it was going to be too much driving for not much time in Florida. Instead we're going to put the gas money we would be spending into a savings account and start saving for a big trip in a couple of years. And we're going to find some stuff local to do, including splurging on a night at a local hotel that has a fun, fancy pool and a day trip or 2 into Chicago. :)

Holly, that sounds like a nice alternative plan.

Hi ladies. :)  Thank you again for the compliments on the scarf. ♥

Linda ~ :hug  and more hugs coming your way.  The hurt, anger and all the other emotions that come with such a horrible experience would be impossible to just forget!  You know we're always here for you. :manyheart

Thank all of you!  Your support has made such a difference in getting through this mess.

Judy ~ Great picture!  Has Lucy let you out of her sight yet? ;)

I second that!

Mary, it's nice that he still has the consulting work and that you can help him out with the reading and proof reading.

We've had a very full couple of days.  DH's nephew and his wife were in town from Oregon.  They didn't stay here, but we all met at DD's for the afternoon on Tuesday.  It was 86* and we sat out on their deck and were entertained by Luke and Zach.  :lol  Yesterday was errands, a haircut and even a little yard clean-up!  I'm spending more and more time helping DH with his consulting business - proofreading his emails, correspondence, etc.  It's so good that he has something to do - we're still adjusting to all this! :yes

Have a great morning, everyone!

Judy, I'm sure it will be a while yet before they are fully reassured that you aren't leaving them again soon. I know it takes Sweet Pea while every time I go to visit DD & GS.

Hope everyone has a great day.  BBL.   :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Welcome home! Nice pic of you. I enjoyed your pics of Paris to. It's nice to be missed. I bet the boys will be near by for awhile. 

Joanne, Happy Birthday to your DD. I hope she has a great year ahead of her. 

Mary, Great scarf! It's really nice that you can help hubby work from home. 

Cindy, DD got 9 inches of snow yesterday and she was without electricity for a few hours. 

Holly, Sounds like a great plan for spring break. 

Linda, Glad your feeling better today and that you have your art to occupy your time. 

It's been a busy couple of days here for me. We had are pond party which was a nice time and an all event. When we were done with clean up I came home and woke hubby up as there was still a small group at the pavilion. We have a shuffleboard and horseshoes there. We visited there for awhile. Then we went to the garage (some neighbors who are friends with the owners forever has family here) so we moved are group there and joined them. It was a long day. Yesterday I went to crafts but nothing was happening. Some of the girls here line dance so I went over and semi learned a polka line dance. Were having a dance saturday night. I use to line dance many years ago. Then I was asked if I would like to learn bridge. So I did that all afternoon. Then played cards last night. Today was rest day for me. We did go out to dinner with some friends and I made a trip out to the store.

I didn't finish Zack's blanket. It has ends that need to be sewed in. I change colors every two rows and with this pattern I can't crochet over them. I have about 24 inches done so thats a lot of ends to sew in.

Maya was sick today with a bug for a few hours, but her tummy is still not well. She doesn't like chicken noodle soup, but I told her it will help her feel better even if she only drinked 1/2 cup of broth. 

Still having quite a bit of pain in my arm/hand so I don't know if I will learn to play bridge this year or not. But I told them I would next year. Card playing really hurts my arm/hand. 

I hope everyone has a nice friday. 

Morning all!

Marlene, I hope you feel good enough so you can learn to play bridge. I played many years ago but have forgotten all of it....I do remember it was fun, though! Poor Maya...I hope she gets better soon. And you're a good psychologist ;)

I have a bad cold that started Wednesday so haven't felt like picking up a hook yet, but my top down shawl is waiting for my attention, and I have blue and white yarn set aside for a baby ghan....not sure if it will be a RR or squares...leftoers from other baby projects, so with pattern will work.

Today I go get my roots touched up. Very necessary, cold or no cold.

Have a good day my friends.

Good morning ladies. It's nice and sunny here, but it's supposed to get cold and rain and snow., according to dh. I need to go to the grocery store. We are having a potluck at work tomorrow and the theme is green food. I'm going to take the lazy route and buy something.

Marlene, I've never played bridge and I don't think that I know anyone that plays it. It looks complicated to me, but it must be fun, since I notice that it is a common form of entertainment in older Books set in the UK. Hope your pain gets a little better each day.

Well, I'd better get moving. I want to do my running around before it rains?

Happy Friday!  I was still awake at 5:30 this morning.  I had a luncheon at 11:30 and woke up at 11:45.  I made it by noon, but I'm still not sure how.  We had a good time and the waitress put a rush on my order so I wasn't all that far behind the other gals in eating.  Last night my head was running over how to bring the cost of the moving down from the estimate of almost $7,000 by the movers and how to construct a stuffed buffalo for Rosie's grandson.  When I finally slept I had weird nightmares.  Don't really feel rested.

Dropped my insulin back down to where it had been.  Upping it really didn't seem to be helping stabilize anything.

Talk more later.  Hope you all have a good day.

Oh, Marlene.  Have you tried putting your card in an upside down puzzle box so that you don't have to actually hold them.  That has helped me in the past when I've had wrist issues.  I attempted to learn how to play bridge many years ago, but the group we were in all played very well already and didn't have much beginners like me and my husband.  Enough said.  With a different group it could have been fun.  There is lots of strategy involved and lots of ways to legally talk across the table with your bidding.  Couples who have played together for years almost seem to sense what their other player has in their hand just by facial expression and body language.

Cindy, were getting wet stuff overnight on Sunday. I'm sure you'll come up with something wonderful that's green!

Linda, I know all about sleep issues. DH has nightmares most nights....hugs, sweetie.

Hi again.

Wow, Linda, I didn't realize that moving cost that much! You could almost just start over buying new furniture! Glad you enjoyed lunch, once you finally got there.

Judy, I made a broccoli salad for tomorrow's potluck. I didn't see much of anything already prepared to buy that was green and reasonably priced. I refuse to pay $6 for a dozen green sugar cookies. They weren't even fresh bakery cookies. Spinach dip was my other thought and it was pretty pricey. To buy enough for a crowd would have cost close to $20. (Yes, I know that I could make my own for much less, I was just hoping to take the lazy way out!)

Cindy, your broccoli salad sounds good.

This afternoon I went to the U-Haul place and did some pricing of trucks, boxes, dollies, blankets, etc.  For an interstate move.  $1,000 for a 26' truck 4 dollies, 36 blankets, and optional insurance vs. $5,000.  And that's for renting everything for 5 days  and allowing 1, 42 miles.  The moving company's mile estimate was 828 miles so we'd be well within that.  Boxes and packing way, way less than the quoted $1,500 or more.  Talked to my next younger brother and the possibilities of him and either his wife or his son flying down and helping me load, drive up, and unload are very good.  Would cost around $450 to fly them down.  Even adding in generous amounts for gas, food, motel rooms, etc. It's sooo much more cost efficient that it's not even funny.  Can hire 4 guys to help with the loading for around $200 or less.  DD has friends who would help with the unloading on that end, too.

Oh, yeah!  They've estimated themselves out of a job.

Wow, Cindy, that was a great idea you had. I love broccoli!

Linda, it sounds like you came up with a great idea for moving. Maybe you can sleep now ;)

I took a cold pill a couple of hours ago and an hour later took two Tylenol because I had begun to run a fever. Within an hour the Tylenol brought it down to 100.8 but now I'm loopier than I was earlier today, with no meds. Looks like another early night for me. I knew I was pretty sick when I didn't want to hook at all or even eat much.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Poor Judy.  Please take care of yourself.  Sounds like you've got something that might be a bit more serious than just a cold.  Get lots of rest and plenty of fluids.   :hug

HI Ladies,

Linda, Good idea checking other possibilities to move. Hope you can get a good nights sleep tonight. We have card holders and I use one and lay my cards down when it's not my turn. 

Judy, Hope you feel better soon.

Cindy, Your broccoli salad sounds delicious.

Holly, I hope DH can get in soon so he can start to feel better that much sooner.

Today we went to some garage sales with some friends. We ran into some other friends and we followed them. They go all the time and know the streets much better than we do.  I didn't find to much. I found a picnic tablecloth and a dvd/vcr. The dvrvcr was only 1.00. It won't work here because it's not cable ready. Who would of thought to look for that. Not me! So I'm going to take it home as I have a cable box. I'll just watch for one at garage sales at home. I have one here but it's old and I want a newer one. 

Maya felt better and went to school today. She texted me today all on her own. Then she called me. We talked about when spring is. And then I told her Easter is only a month later. She said then you'll be home pretty soon. I said well if there is still a lot of snow we might stay a little longer. She said you might have to. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Morning, my friends....I appreciate the good wishes....

My temp was creeping up this morning so I started with the Tylenol again to keep it under control. It works really well, so I'm hoping for a better day. It's not so cold outside today so I would love to get out and get some fresh air. Fingers crossed.

Feel better Judy!!! Rest and hope you do get to go outside for a little it today. It's looking promising weather wise !!!!

Off to start my weekly chores And here's a picture if sweet Robbie who is 1 today!!!

post-27163-0-48142700-1394886444_thumb.jpg

Good morning.  Got a call from brother this morning and he's a definite yes on the moving and will guarantee a second person as well, just not sure at this point who that may be.  Possibilities include his wife, his son, his son-in-law, or a church friend.  In any case that is a go.  Also talked to a friend from down here who has 3 kids who are in the teenage and pre-teenage  years.  One has already said she's interested in learning to pack boxes and all of whom can tote and lug them.  And earning some extra spending money would be a good incentive for them to come help me out on weekends, spring break, and summer break, so packing should not be too bad to organize on my own.  Plans proceed apace.  Yay!  And at a much more affordable rate.

I did sleep last night.  So that's a plus, too.

Have to scurry, but will check in later.  Have a good day.   :manyheart

Joanne, R is too cute!!

Linda, that is such great news....I'm so happy that you've found another way to make the move!

I did get out earlier....we piled the pups into the car and we drove down to the bay. They love the change of scenery. It is gorgeous out there today and my temp has stayed down :)

Feel better Judy!!! Rest and hope you do get to go outside for a little it today. It's looking promising weather wise !!!!

Off to start my weekly chores And here's a picture if sweet Robbie who is 1 today!!!

What a cute little guy! Happy birthday, Robbie!

Archived