Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning!  I remembered to change the clocks, but my internal clock hasn't reset itself so I still overslept.   :P

Did a lot of drawing yesterday and worked on another shawl.  If someone wants it I will sell it, but it's one that will other wise stay with me.  Joy spun the yarn which is very fine.  About the same weight as the size 30 thread that I've combined it with.  It's a very dark navy yarn and a cream colored thread.  Sweet Pea got herself thoroughly entangled in the thread at some point last night/early this morning.  Goof ball.

It's 61* already and sunny.  A beautiful spring day.

More drawing and crochet on the books for today.  I did drawings of the fruit with the colored pencils and oil pastels yesterday.  Neither is right, but more successful than in the past.  Need to do more playing around with them for certain.  Knowing what to do with them helps tremendously.  But the colors aren't what I want yet.  Also did more practice with shapes with the lead pencils.  Those are much more successful.  Will try to get a couple more pictures up later.

Hope you all have a great day.   :ghug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All - been a while since I've been here.  Between the crazy weather and watching the boys again, I've been busy.

Mary - beautiful afghan!!  I'm sure it will be well loved!

Joanne - hope you've had a good weekend!

I think maybe spring is here (knock on wood).  No snow is in the forecast for the next week--but with a late Easter there is always a possibility of more ice/snow.  We have the boys this weekend.  Little one's tummy is better.  I've only had to give him 1 Tums this weekend.  so maybe he's over whatever it was he had.  Work has been stressful again, maybe I should say still.  Not sure it's going to better any time soon.  It really drains me with all the drama I have to deal with every day.  I need a nice peaceful job that pays better than what I now get. 

Well, little man is hungry, so I need to fix him something to eat.  Have a great weekend.

Good Morning. :)

Holly ~ The blanket and hat are adorable. :c9   I love the flowers - your work is lovely!

Sherry ~ Oh, that's good news about your GS.  I hope he continues to feel okay. :manyheart  

Linda ~ The navy and cream yarn sound beautiful together.  Way to go on the drawings, too!

Marlene ~ You sound busy and happy!  I hope your PT appointment goes well today. :hug   How often will you go?

Hi to all my friends at Our House. :manyheart

I've got a list made for the week - I do better with lists. :lol   Have a good morning!

Hi ladies. Work was very busy today. I'm exhausted! Luckily we have leftovers for dinner. It's 50 degrees and sunny out at the moment. Our snow piles are shrinking, (at least I think they are, it's hard to tell)

Holly, that blanket and hat are really nice.

Linda, it's fun to "hear" how well you are coming with the drawing. The shawl sounds really pretty.

Marlene, I hope PT went well. Were you able to crochet? I agree with Mary, your life in Texas sounds like a lot of fun.

Sherry, so sorry that your work situation continues to be bad. Are you looking for something else?

Mary, no little boys today? Seems like you've been spending a lot of time with them lately.

I hope Judy is having a wonderful time in Paris! Marissa, are you around?

Have you noticed how many grandsons we have between us here in "the house"? Mary has two, Linda has one, Joanne has two, Sherry has at least two and I have five.

Hi all

I had the ortho appt this morning and I'm going to have some pt for my elbow. If that doesn't work then I'll get a cortisone injection. I'm hoping the pt will work. I'll continue with the stretching exercises and wearing the band when I'm crocheting g or working in the computer

It was a beautiful day today and tomorrow going to be in The 60's!!! It's middle dd,s birthday tomorrow and Robbie's 1st on Saturday. We will celebrate both this weekend.

Amazing how many of us have grandsons!!! I'm having so much fun with little boys. Quite a change from raising my 3 girls

Gotta run. Craft club tonight :-)

Hi Cindy ~ Yes, leftovers are wonderful!  I love having a couple kinds of soup in the freezer for busy days. :)   With DD and all her friends having kids the last few years, there have only been two girls! 

Joanne ~ Sending birthday wishes to your DD, and early wishes for Robbie's First!  Have fun at craft club tonight. :yes

Holly ~ I hope you're getting some warmer weather.  Are you still planning your trip?

After cancelling twice, I finally had my parents' taxes done today.  Another thing checked off the list. ;)

Off to clean up the kitchen and crochet for a while.  Have a good evening, House. :manyheart

We actually got into the 50s today, so lots of our snow is gone! Hooray! But, we're supposed to get more Wednesday and then Saturday.

Right now the plan is that we're going on the trip. Although, if the surgeon were to say that he could get Wayne in next week, I'd probably give it up.

Hi Ladies,

Holly, The blanket and hat are beautiful! 

Sherry, Glad your little GS is feeling better. 

Mary, I bet it's a relief getting another one of the things to do for your parents estate. 

Linda, Your colors for the new shawl sound pretty. Can't wait to see your new drawings. 

Cindy, Nice to hear it's warming up. Just wish it would stay. Hope you have tomorrow off so you can rest up a little.

Joanne. I hope you get some relief real soon with your pt. 

PT was a little hard today but it things feel better tonight. We are doing some things a little different so I hope it makes a difference. I didn't crochet today. I sewed the ends in on Zack's afghan. And I have two grandsons,  three granddaughters and a great grandson. 

We talked to Maya tonight. She said she got to play outside at school today. She was excited. 

Hope everyone has a great tuesday. 

'Morning, ladies. :waving  The time change always messes me up...Gracie, too! :lol

Holly ~ Maybe the weatherman is wrong this time! :xfin  You all deserve a break from all the snow. :hug

Marlene ~  WTG on finishing Zack's afghan! :clap   It's really warm here - I hope you're having some lovely warm weather, too.

Joanne ~ DH had two cortizone injections one month apart and his shoulder is so much better.  They've decided to hold off on the surgery for now. 

Judy ~ Can't wait to hear about your trip!  Of course, I can't remember for sure when you said you were coming home. :lol

Here is a toddler scarf I finished the other day. :)

post-10699-0-58758300-1394548806_thumb.jpg

Good afternoon.  We are continuing to work with colored pencils and oil pastels this week.  I bought a book on using the colored pencils, which will hopefully help, too.  I like the pencils better than the pastels, but I must admit to having better luck with them than ever before.  She was showing us how to combine the two mediums yesterday, which was amazing.  And all this is still classified as drawing.  Wow!   :eek   I had no idea there were so many ways to accomplish drawing!   

I've increased my insulin.  Not with the doctor's permission, but I've got to be able to eat more than 400-500 calories a day and still have my blood sugar stay under control.  If I get chewed out, so be it.

The guy was just here to get the information for the quote on moving and packing up the apartment.  I may do more of the packing than indicated, but that will depend on my energy level.

I've been super quiet lately... just tired and a little overwhelmed by life.

I realized that I hadn't ever posted a picture of that baby blanket and hat that I was stressing over last month... I just did that here: http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/150634-baby-blanket-and-hats/

That is absolutely adorable, Holly.   :clap    :clap    :clap

Hi ladies.

Have you noticed how many grandsons we have between us here in "the house"? Mary has two, Linda has one, Joanne has two, Sherry has at least two and I have five.

We do have a lot of grandchildren.  I sometimes think they are what keep us young.   :)

'Morning, ladies. :waving  The time change always messes me up...Gracie, too!

Boy, has it ever messed me up, too.

Judy ~ Can't wait to hear about your trip!  Of course, I can't remember for sure when you said you were coming home.

Here is a toddler scarf I finished the other day.

attachicon.gif100_0369.JPG

That is absolutely sweet.   :clap    :clap

Bonsoir mes amies!

I got back late last night and have finally finished laundry and putting everything away. I am totally wiped out. I walked all over, and it was Springtime in Paris. Our first stop though was getting to Strasbourg via train after we landed in Paris, where we met up with my goddaughter, and her mom and I ....well we had a blast. Strasbourg is a medieval town with a great feel to it. More German than French in some ways, but a peaceful place to be. Midday, Saturday, we again got on a train for Paris, which had the opposite feel....crowded, noisy. The sky was clear blue in both places and perfect!

It is good to be home!

Judy- accueillir à nouveau (welcome back). Glad to hear you had a good time! love the pic you posted on FB!!! I'm sure your DH is happy to have you home---as well as Sparkie and Lucy!!!

Mary- love the scarf- it's so sweet!!!!Good to know about the cortisone shots and your DH's shoulder. I'll definitely get one if the PT doesn't work--but I'm willing to try the PT first.

Linda- I'm so glad that you are having fun with the art classes!!! Be careful about adjusting your insulin, please. DH would do that- and now he's much more careful. He had a great appt with his new endocrinologist last week- and goes back again in 6 wks.

Holly- We had 65 degrees and sunshine today- tomorrow rain and then into the 20s at night. That, to me can only mean one thing- icy roads on thursday morning. This weather is sure crazy. I did enjoy today thought- the little bit I got to enjoy of it- I did go walking at lunchtime today and it felt wonderful

Marlene = That' great that you finished up Zach's afghan! It always feels so good to have a project in the finished pile instead of the 'wip' pile!

Cindy- Did you work today? You may have mentioned, but this old scatterbrain can't remember.

Today was my middle DD's birthday- but she works on Tues nights so didn't get to see her.  She's been through a lot this past year- and is such a strong woman- I'm so proud of her and hope that the next year is only good to her.

Off to do a 'little' crochet and a 'little' knitting and then do my stretching exercises for my elbow

Have a good night and happy hump day tomorrow!

Thanks Linda and Joanne! DH and dogs were thrilled to have me home.i came in through the garage....DH was wIting on the driveway for me...so when I walked in the dogs thought daddy was coming back...well, the tail action and jumping was crazy! I sat in a chair, ducked my head and let them nuzzle till they got it out of their system. It was so cute.... For the rest of the night I felt their eyes boring into me...esp Lucy. Every time I looked at her she was staring right into my eyes.

DH did a great job of cleaning and kept the house in great shape. I just have a couple of little things to do today, well. Except for the kitchen floor, which I had told him not to do. Have to be careful not to soak the pergo!

Have a great day my friends!

Welcome home, Judy!  I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip.  It may be a while before Lucy and Sparkie let you out of their sight. :):manyheart

Thanks for the sweet words and "likes," everyone. ♥

Bienvenue, Judy. Sounds like your trip was great. Also sounds like dh and the fur-babies missed you.

Work was very busy again yesterday, but not as bad as Monday. I did not get online yesterday though. I spent three hours last evening fixing Dh's instant messenger. That wouldn't have been so bad, except that I'm not really sure exactly what fixed it. However, it appeared to be working last night, so hopefully it will keep working.

Mary, I like that scarf. Nice work.

Holly, did your rain turn to snow? Ours did. It looks like 3 or 4 inches of new snow on the ground, and still snowing pretty hard. After two days of temperatures near 50, we are back in single digits.

Marlene, so much for warming up around here! Hope PT continues to go well, and you get more pain relief.

Linda, your art classes sound like fun to me too. I took a water color class years ago, mostly just to get out of the house. I had fun with it, but I learned quickly that I lack the patience to be good at that sort of thing.

Joanne, happy birthday to your dd. Hope she has a wonderful year ahead of her.

Well, coffee is ready, time to get moving. Dd and the five boys are coming over today, if she feels like braving the roads. Her hubby is out of town this week on business, and she needs some adult company.

Yes, we have snow... it's hard to tell how much because it's blown around a lot and the windows have so much stuck to them that it's hard to even see out. No school for my daughter, but I still have to work at noon. Unless it gets worse. It's still supposed to snow for a couple of hours.

Hi!  It's a nice day out so far, but the weather is supposed to turn nasty again tonight and tomorrow.  I actually had some good results on my attempt at the grapefruit yesterday when I combined the drawing pencils with the oil pastels.  Finally got it to look three dimensional.

Today I'm working on a black and white version.  Maybe it will help me figure out the colored and shadings better.  That seems to be the biggest problem with the pencils so far.  When I add the color I loose the perspective that I have with the graphite pencils.  At least I haven't given up on them yet, although I really like working in the graphite.

My head didn't shut up until 7:00 this morning, at which point I took a nap.  I've finally gone from hurt and devastated to angry, but that still isn't a whole lot easier to deal with.  I've decided what I'm going to do, but don't have the where with all to do it yet.  I'm really disappointed in Lily.  She's definitely not the person I thought she was.

Take care in the weird weather everyone.  We're getting another cold snap with high wind starting later today and through tomorrow.  But just rain here.  Maybe some sleet or snow in the mountains, but not here.

Here I am on the train to Strasbourg. It was after the long flight from JFK, but the 2+ hour train ride was very comfortable and Teri and I were on our way to meet up with Alyson!

post-8552-0-33470400-1394669723_thumb.jpg

Well, we have changed our plans for Spring Break. We decided that it was going to be too much driving for not much time in Florida. Instead we're going to put the gas money we would be spending into a savings account and start saving for a big trip in a couple of years. And we're going to find some stuff local to do, including splurging on a night at a local hotel that has a fun, fancy pool and a day trip or 2 into Chicago. :)

Archived