Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Linda ~ Oh, feel better soon. :hug  I hope you're not coming down with anything serious. ♥♥♥

Judy ~ Getting wrong (or  don't care to find out)  answers happens way too often these days!  So glad you will be able to use your phone on your trip! :clap

Cindy ~ Your "wing it" market bag is very cute!  Good for you for working through it and finishing!  I hope your lunch with co-workers was wonderful. :)

Have a good night, everyone.  See you tomorrow. :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies. I'm on call for work, so I got to sleep in a bit. There is a winter weather warning in effect here, but at the moment the sun is shining. It's really cold though. Even if I'm not called in to work, I have to go in for a meeting this afternoon. Meanwhile, I'm drinking coffee and knitting.

Thanks, Mary, Linda ans Judy.

Linda,I hope you feel better today.

Judy, hubby must be pleased that you will be able to call him from Paris.

I may check in later if I'm not called in.

Morning, ladies!

Cindy, yup, he is happy about that. He said he wants to hear my voice. I was shocked...I do talk a lot and now that he's really retired...well, you get the drift.... ;)

7 days from today!

Hello, everyone.  I'm feeling a lot better today.  I think a lot of it is still from the shock of losing my job that way last week.  It's just kind of thrown my whole being out of whack.  We are headed by back into more cold weather.  Just went to get the mail and it's a whole lot cold than earlier today.  Yuck!  

I've been doing a lot more crocheting than normal during the last week.

Judy, that's wonderful news that you can call home from Paris while there.  I'm sure hubby will miss you while you're gone.

Hi all,

Cold weather again- single digits--and to think that last weekend we were in the high 50's!!! Got a dusting -about an inch if that of snow this morning. But another storm is on the horizon for Sunday into Monday/Tuesday (maybe I'll get to work from home or have another day off)

Judy- That's great that you'll be able to contact hubby on your trip- and amazing how there were different answers to that question!

Linda- glad you are feeling better- I wouldn't be surprised if the shock to your system over losing your job for such a ridiculous reason may have wreaked havoc on your body.

Cindy- What's on your needles? I love the tote bag- perfect for what you need it for!! I finished a 'mindless scarf" using 2 skeins of RH Soft I had in stash- it's nice, soft and can be wrapped around and around and keeps me nice and warm! Also finished a shawlette that I was crocheting. I am slowly working on the knitted garter stitch blanket- in between resting my elbow!

DH just got home, so I suppose I should start dinner- Hi to everyone else in the house!!

Joanne, your elbow is still hurting?

Linda, just think how nice it is not to have to go to work when it's so cold! Sweet Pea has to be happy, too.

So cold today! Right now Miss Lucy is curled up at my feet and my right foot feels so nice and warm where it's tucked between her front legs :)

Judy- Yes, it still bothers me- I think it's because I've not really been able to rest it. I'm on a computer all day at work- and then I do still want to crochet and knit--although I've slowed up on that- and do take rest breaks. I do my exercises---but unless I really rest it I'm afraid it won't get better!  Some days are better than others- today being one of the better days!!!

Joanne I have two knitting projects going (actually 3, if you count the long dormant learn to knit afghan), a one row lace scarf which is about five feet long at the moment and a baby blanket.

Off I go to prepare for class tomorrow. Good night, friends,

Judy, the picture of Lucy is adorable.  Our furples do help keep us warm.  Sweet Pea's my back or side warmer at night.

I've been working on a project for the prayer shawl group the last couple of days.  We are making 24" x 24" squares as lap or foot warmers for troops from the church.  I'm on the last few rounds of my first one in dark turqua & black RHS & RHSS.  I'm not sure if I like the Soft.  I'm having trouble with it splitting on me.

Stay safe in the coming weather, Joanne.

Hi Ladies, 

Mary, The great grandson did go home monday. As of monday he was doing good. I haven't been on facebook since monday. But he does have to take 2 different meds for the acid reflex. Are 3 grandkids love the park to. We enjoyed the warm weather well it lasted. Old man winter is back for a few days. 

Cindy, I don't like the sounds of 5 ft of frost. It will be the 4th of July before any one can plant a garden or fields. Flooding is going to be bad every where. Love your new bag.

Linda, I hope you start feeling better real soon. 

Judy, That great you will be able to call hubby while in Paris. Do you have international calling on your plan? My niece has it because her boyfriend lives in Canada and her Mom has it because the niece goes to visit in Canada. They have phone you buy minutes for. I know here if any of us go on a trip south of here or to Mexico they tell us to turn are phone off as we could pick up a tower from Mexico and it would cost us extra charges.

Joanne, Are you icing your elbow? When I had to go to pt and occupational therapy they iced my elbow until it was almost frozen then they would massage it. That treatment really helped me. Congrats on your finishes.

Today at crafts we glued pretty colored stones on to plastic plates. They will be screwed onto an electric fence post. The plate is suppose to spin. There really cute. I'm sure Maya will want to make one. The relay for life team had a silent auction today. I spent the afternoon visiting with friends and crocheting. I also washed the bedding while visiting. Tonight I played cards. Tomorrow is a quiet day. Friday we prep for hot pork sandwiches with mashed potatoes and gravy. 

DD took Maya back to the doctor she still has her cough and a runny nose. They gave her a breathing test and she was under 100 and should be over 200. They said she has asthma. They gave her a breathing treatment and 3 prescriptions. She suppose to go back in 2 weeks. I don't know much about asthma, so I'm going to read up on it. I know she doesn't have problems when she's at my house. 

Hope everyone stays warm and has a nice thursday!

Morning, peeps!

Marlene, the lady at Verizon told me to turn off the message setting unless I'm using the phone myself, so it should be fine. It's a one time trip, so whatever happens I'm not going to stress over anyway...hubby is good about that.

Joanne I have two knitting projects going (actually 3, if you count the long dormant learn to knit afghan), a one row lace scarf which is about five feet long at the moment and a baby blanket.

Off I go to prepare for class tomorrow. Good night, friends,

Cindy, I never did get back to the LTK squares. I should...the first two squares I made went into making my king size Jackson ghan for our bed....

Judy, the picture of Lucy is adorable.  Our furples do help keep us warm.  Sweet Pea's my back or side warmer at night.

I've been working on a project for the prayer shawl group the last couple of days.  We are making 24" x 24" squares as lap or foot warmers for troops from the church.  I'm on the last few rounds of my first one in dark turqua & black RHS & RHSS.  I'm not sure if I like the Soft.  I'm having trouble with it splitting on me.

Stay safe in the coming weather, Joanne.

that is the problem I had with the Soft too...like Caron soft yarn.... That sounds like a wonderful project!

BBL

Good morning. I've got a couple of minutes before I have to leave for work.n it's still really cold and it looks like we picked up a couple of inches of new snow overnight. I hear the roads are really icy so I'm going to leave early. It's 8:30, maybe the roads are a bit better now, although it is way too cold for salt to work. The sun is shining though.

Marlene, I never thought about planting but that is certainly something to worry about. I guess we'd better hope for a really warm spring!

'Evening, all. :)   It's been a super busy couple of days and I just realized I hadn't posted!

Judy ~ What an adorable picture of Miss Lucy.♥  She looks like she's smiling. ;)   Is that the Kong extra sturdy ball?  Gracie has started shredding her newest one...can we say strong teeth and jaws? :rolleyes

Linda ~ I'm so glad you're feeling better.  You've been through a big shock and the stress can sure affect your whole system. :hug   Yay for spending more time with your hook!

Joanne ~ I hope your elbow is better today. :manyheart

Marlene ~ Your craft time always sounds like fun!  I hope Maya is improving :hug  ...the allergy vs. asthma thing seems to be more prevalent now.  I read an article not long ago about it - but can't remember where.  If I find it, I'll let you know.

Cindy ~ Your winter has been incredible!  Stay safe on those icy roads. :yes

A big HI to the rest of my friends, too!

I'm staying with the boys a good part of tomorrow and DH and I will have them Saturday for the day.  I'm going to be one tired Grammy. :lol

I've almost joined one half of the ATW quilt 'ghan...and I'm just as slow as I used to be! ;)  Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Hi Ladies, 

Cindy, I hope you had safe travels to and from work.

Mary, Hope you get plenty of rest for your big day tomorrow and saturday. 

DD told me today that after her and Maya's daddy talked about Maya's doctor appt. That when he was a kid he had a lot of problems and might of had asthma himself. But his mother never took him to the doctor. She a worthless human being and doesn't deserve to be called mom or grandma. He said any time he exerted himself he always had problems. He said Maya's sister and brother both have problems to. So she might of inherited this from his side of the family. DD picked up her breathing machine so I hope it helps her. I'm going to try and post a pic of Bently. Hope everyone has a nice friday! 

Morning!

Mary, yes that is the extra strong Kong ball and miss Lucy has made a small hole in it but it's lasted the longest of any of her toys. She loves to watch it roll on the pergo floor....it goes under the tv stand and rolls back to her after it hits the wall...lol! Great toy...just beware of tossing it....hard enough to break your toe if it drops from a height!

A quick good morning!!

Marlene ~ Oh, it's so hard when the kids and/or grandkids are not well.  I know you're worried about Maya...hopefully, the breathing machine will help. :hug    Little Bentley is so cute! :c9

Judy ~ Yes, those Kongs are heavy! :lol   Have you started packing yet? :)

I'd better get dressed so I can leave by 9.  Have a good day, everyone. ♥♥♥

A quick good morning!!

Marlene ~ Oh, it's so hard when the kids and/or grandkids are not well.  I know you're worried about Maya...hopefully, the breathing machine will help. :hug    Little Bentley is so cute! :c9

Judy ~ Yes, those Kongs are heavy! :lol   Have you started packing yet? :)

I'd better get dressed so I can leave by 9.  Have a good day, everyone. ♥♥♥

I have a shelf on my closet lined with stuff to bring as I think of it, and a hook with clothes hanging from that! We're getting a snowstorm Sunday into Monday, so it's going to be interesting waiting to see how much we get. At least the flight Wednesday is late afternoon!

Hi ladies. Busy day again. Taught a class all morning, took my mil shopping for a new sofa, and went grocery shopping, partly with her and then to another store after she was safely at home. My plan for this evening is to sit and read and knit. Maybe watch a movie with dh if we can find something we both agree on. Tomorrow we are going to the zoo with dd, dsil and the boys and then to their house for dinner. It's supposed to be very cold again, but dd assures me that most of the time we will be inside,

Judy, fingers crossed that the weather co-operates for your flight to get out. We had a lot snow Wednesday night just in time for DD's vacation. She flew out on Thursday, but luckily she was flying out of Chicago, where the weather was much better than here in Grand Rapids. (She chose Chicago because it was cheaper, and they coukd get a direct flight from there.)

Marlene, Bentley is adorable! Hope the meds and breathing machine help Maya.

Hi, all.  I see I missed coming in yesterday.  I'm not doing a lot, but feeling quite a bit better.  I've been playing a lot of games on the computer so I don't just sit and brood.  I've finished on prayer shawl and I'm on the last row of the first of the squares for the soldiers.  I'm doing a border in reverse single crochet.  It's in black and turqua.  Our fearless leader at prayer shawl group took one look at the black prayer shawl and said that she wanted it for herself.  (She was planning on asking me to make her one in black before I leave, anyway.)  She wrote out a check then and there to pay me for it.   :lol

Rosie is in Colorado for a week, so I've been kind of checking in on John while she's gone.  He got some bad news at the neurologist's office yesterday.  All the things they had to do for him while he was in the hospital last year has caused irreparable brain damage.  The best he can hope for is that it will stabilize and not get worse.  It's effecting his sense of smell, taste, vision, hearing, and balance.  In effect, he could keel over at any time or have quite a few more years.  There's no way to tell.

Marlene, Bentley is ever so cute.   :c9   They have so many new drugs and treatments for asthma now that it is much easier to treat than it used to be.  It runs in my family, too.

Mary, take care while watching the little ones.  But, do enjoy their growing up years.  I missed them with my GS and regret it.  It's the driving force behind my moving back up North.  I don't want to miss any more time with him.

Hi all

What a mess we came home to. DH got home before me thank goodness there was water leaking in the kitchen and family room from the ice maker. We've got it cleaned up and have buckets catching the drips. DH turned off the water line that went to the ice maker. Looks like well have to have the two ceilings re sheet rocked and possibly the carpet replaced in the family room. So glad we have a shop vac

On that note, I'm going to relax. Will try and catch up tomorrow

Linda, WTG on getting paid for one of your beautiful shawls! When DH retired (the first time...lol) he had to wait months before starting the job he had waiting for him. The saving grace was that he kept to a routine. That would be hard for me to do!

And that's so sad about John. A real bummer...is he normally an upbeat person? I don't remember what you might have said about him.

Joanne, yikes! Shop vac saves the day every time though!

Forgot to post this pic from this morning. DS is away and we went to his apartment  to check on our grandkitty. She loves atentionand lay on her side while I worked at getting out a big mat from behind her ear, just curling one paw a little....so sweet.

post-8552-0-21846900-1393704961_thumb.jpg

Archived