Our House Part Two

JulieKay

I posted from my iPad. And don't know why the pic is sideways. Lol

. My iPad pics are always sideways, unless I rotate them 360 degrees before posting them. The picture still looks the same on the iPad, but for some odd reason it posts correctly after that.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ladies. Super busy day at work today. I worked in cardiac ICU, and didn't stop running all day. At least, I only had one patient!

Linda, that sure makes the move sound a lot more affordable! It's nice of your brother to help you.

We were planning to go out to dinner before visiting the inlaws this evening, but I just want to relax and sit a while before we go see them, so we are eating at home. Fish for me and leftovers for dh.

Linda - glad you're able to find ways to save on your move!  And get lots of help.

Cindy - hope you can relax today.

Joanne - tell Robbie a late Happy birthday!!  I'm sure it was a fun day for all.

Holly - Hope you're enjoying your spring break.

Marlene - sounds like you've been busy. 

My week was another horrible week.  I'm so very tired of drama and people resisting change.  And they'd better get ready for more is coming in the next month.  I'm still looking for another job but nothing has come up yet that will pay enough.  Littlest GS went to the dr on Wednesday and they told us no dairy (can't remember if I told you all or not, so forgive me it I've repeated id).  He's lactose intolerant but has always eaten cheese, yogurt, just not the regular milk.  Well, dr thinks his tummy is not liking any dairy products so for 30 days we are to keep him off them.  There are lactose free cheese and yogurt, so we'll be getting that for him for day care snacks and for at home.  So far, he's not cried because his tummy hurt.  He only cried last night cause he wanted to stay another night.  But he gets to spend the night on Wednesday and take me out to eat for my birthday, so he was happy with that. 

We will be going to Kansas this morning (waiting on BIL to come and get us) to go and see our uncle that has been placed on Hospice care.  He's in his 90's.  His wife is now living with their daughter and we will get to see them as well.  So it will be a quick trip as we have to be at work tomorrow :(   Was hoping to take some time off but that won't happen until all the changes take place in June. 

I made a prayer shawl for a friend at the church I work at, her cancer has come back, so I decided to make her one.  She helps with the folding of the bulletins on Friday.  I'm not sure she's going to beat it this time, so prayers would be appreciated for her.  This is her 3rd time to fight that terrible disease.  I'm also making one for the "new" pastor and it's going to be orange and white (she loves Oklahoma State) and although their colors are black and orange, I just can't do black anymore, so at least it will have orange in it.  I'll be working on that as we travel today.

Please be safe everyone.  for those in the cold, stay warm!!  Hugs to all of you.

Sherry, that's great GS may be on the road to feeling 100%!

Oh, how sad that the lady you mentioned is going through cancer again. Thoughts and prayers for her and her loved ones....

Good morning.  A normal night's sleep for a change.  Yay!  

The talent show yesterday was for all the home schooled kids in the area.  Wow!  There are some extremely talented young people in that group.  Not the least of which is Ashley, Rosie & John's GD.  When she sang it gave me goosebumps.  There were two young ladies who sang the same song and both fairly close to each other.  I was feeling sorry for Ashley as she sang second, but that was before I heard her sing.  Then I felt sorry for the other little girl.  Ashley out performed others far older than her.  Perfect pitch, beautiful projection, lovely gestures,and able to understand every single word.  She sang from the heart and riveted your attention from the very start.  I was amazed at the talent that young lady has and she's only 10 years old.  She's got a music teacher who is guiding her folks in developing her talents.  Her folks don't really know what to make of her, but are following the music teachers suggestions which is good.  Rosie bought her dress and fixed her hair and makeup and she looked fabulous.  I know I'm raving, but she really knocked my socks off with her performance.

It's another rainy day here.  But at least it's not a cold rain and at least for now it's mostly the misty type but there are lots of puddles so we've had a lot of it overnight.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Sherry, sending you lots of prayers and love.   :hug   There are times when people's reactions really floor me.

I still have one week until Spring Break. Tomorrow we have hubby's appointment with the surgeon and will find out what's going to happen there and when it will happen. And I have lots to do to get ready to be off work for a week.

Holly, I'll be thinking of you and hoping and praying the surgery and all of the things you have to do at your end go smoothly. Life can be so hard and pressure-filled.

Linda, I've gotten the same goosebumps when my goddaughter has performed. She has perfect pitch and when someone is blessed like that it's such a privilege to witness their performance.

Hi

We had fun going out last night for Robbie's birthday and then today we babysat for the boys at our house. My dd and sil are in the process of looking for a larger house and wanted to work on getting their house ready for listing we had a great time. They really do keep me young. But they also make me really glad that I can send them on their merry way. ;-)

Sherry. I hope that the new diet will help your grandson. And I sincerely hope you can find another position. This one just seems to pressure and stress filled. And I speak from knowing what a difference a less stress filled position can make. Hugs

Judy. How are you feeling today? Are you ready for some more winter weather overnight? I'm hoping it all stays south of here.

Linda. You must be so relieved to have the moving situation all figured out. Sounds like Rosie and John have a very talented GD.

Cindy. Did you have to work today?

Holly. Good luck tomorrow at the surgeon appointment for your DH

Today I finally got the colored pencils to work in a way that I'm happy with.  Yay!!!!  And some show and tell with my pictures.

post-9295-0-32063500-1395013363_thumb.jpg  This is another one in graphite pencil as is the next one.

post-9295-0-11873400-1395013423_thumb.jpg

This one is a combination of colored pencil and oil pastels.

post-9295-0-98475600-1395013437_thumb.jpg

And this one is all colored pencil.

post-9295-0-99507200-1395013414_thumb.jpg

Hi ladies. Yes, work again today. It was busy, but nothing like yesterday! I work in the ICU again Friday. I also work Tuesday, but I'm teaching that day, which is much easier.

Linda, I think your drawings are wonderful. You definitely have some talent.

Joanne, I feel the same way about my grandsons, love having them around, but when it's time for them to go home, I'm ready for it!

Sherry, hope the lactose free diet helps your grandson. My dd has a friend who was in her 20s before she discovered that she was both lactose and gluten intolerant. She told me once that she thought everyone felt awful after eating. No wonder she was such a skinny girl!

Holly, sending good thoughts for your Dh's visit to the surgeon,

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Happy Belated Birthday to Robbie. 

Judy, Glad your feeling better.

Sherry, Hoping the new diet for your GS cures his belly problems. My DD was allergic to milk when she was an infant. Today she has to watch how much cheese she eats. Prayers for your coworker, your uncle and family. 

Holly, Hope you can get everything accomplished this week. 

Cindy, I tried some catfish the other night. It was pretty good. Hubby said it is better in the south then in the north. 

Linda, Glad your brother and others are going to be helping you move. It will make things much easier on you. 

Tomorrow we have are St.Patrick's Day meal. Corn beef, red potatoes, carrots, dessert, roll or bread. After they meal we play bean bag baseball. Teams of different states against each other. It is really fun to watch. It does make for a long though considering we don't eat until 5. I have pt in the morning before I go to help with the meal. 

I hope everyone has a good monday. 

Hi, my friends.

Linda, I think your drawings are very good! I wouldn't care how much instruction I got ....my talents are definitely not in that area! It's great that you have such a wonderful new skill to learn and you actually have time to do it now.

Joanne, looks like we escaped with a dusting of snow.

I'm still losing sleep because of the awful sinus congestion and I have no energy, but no high fever. I think I need to have the doctor check me out. We'll see if I can get there today. It's been five days since it started.

Cindy, have a good day.

Marlene, and everyone, enjoy St. Patty's day.

Good Morning! We lost power Saturday during thunderstorms - it came back on late that night, but our UVerse was just restored this a.m.  I've lot lots of catching up to do!

Judy ~ Feel better soon. :hug   Colds have been rampant this year and seem to take a long time to go away.

Linda ~ Yay for getting your move all figured out!  :clap  The pictures are lovely!

Off to shower - DH has two appointments today and we need to leave by 10:45.  I promise to catch up more later. :manyheart

Hi, everyone.  Our rain continues.  It's light for the most part with occasional heavy, short bursts.  But where it was warm yesterday it's cold today.  Not a nice day to be out, that's for sure.

:mdust   :sstar    :sstar    :greenflag   :bounce  Happy St. Patty's Day!   :bounce   :greenflag   :sstar    :sstar   :mdust      

Hope you all have a great day.

Judy, it sounds like a visit to the doctor is a very good idea.

I've got drawing class this afternoon, but that will probably be the extent of my getting out today.  I finally got the colored pencils to work, so I'm happy.  The oil pastels, not so much, but I didn't care for them to begin with so no big loss there.

Hi ladies. It's cold here but nice and bright. It's so uplifting to see the sun shining. Of course it does show off the dust.

We just got back from upgrading our phones. I am the account holder since I get a discount through work, so I got an email saying that I could upgrade for free. Dh called and they said only the account holder could upgrade. However when we got there they told us that dh, dd and I were all eligible.. Ds is also on my account but he spent $700 on the latest iPhone when it came out. We all upgraded for a $30 activation fee each. Much better than $700 a piece. Personally, I would never ever spend that much on a phone. Ds seems to have this compulsion to own the latest and greatest. I only wanted to upgrade to get more memory, since I like to take pictures with my phone when I'm out and about and my last phone was always full. Otherwise my old one was quite adequate for my needs.

Anyhow, guess I'd better go tackle that dust.....

Linda, I feel a bit better tonight...if this keeps up I may be out of the woods.... My book club meets Thursday, and I would hate to miss it. We read Sula (I never did finish it, but the meeting had to be canceled), and Harlan Coben's Stay Close, which was a fast and intriguing read. I have to check out more of his books.

Just got back from drawing class.  It has gotten sooo cold outside.  My joints all hurt with the new pressure front that is moving in.  Newest assignment is to try drawing draped cloth.  A whole 'nother concept.  Drawing something soft and drapey is not easy.  Also signed up for the next set of classes.  It's still 3 weeks away but I am getting so much out of them that I want to keep up with them until I move if at all possible.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, I forgot to mention your drawings. I love seeing them. I only wish I could draw, but it's not my thing. Your doing a great. Thanks for sharing with us. Hope your aches leave you soon.

Judy, Hope you continue feeling better. Glad that storm missed you guys.

Cindy,  :clap  for the new phone. I'm with you I wouldn't spend that much money on a phone. 

Mary, Glad the your power wasn't out to long. Glad you got your uverse back. 

We had over 100 people for dinner tonight. It was are biggest dinner. DD called tonight. Maya had to come home from school. She has the flu. DS was there this weekend with the kids and Payton came down sick and they were spending the night. Right now she isn't able to keep anything down. Hope everyone enjoyed there St. Patrick's day.

Marlene - I hope that Maya and Peyton are feeling better! Ugh...

DH's surgery is set for April 8. I was very thankful that they didn't offer a date during Alicia's spring break, so we can go ahead and have fun! :)

Good morning

Holly. Good news that you can enjoy spring break and then DH can have the surgery in a couple of weeks. Positive thoughts for a good outcome!

I had a very busy day at work and then went to craft club last night. I start pt for my elbow tomorrow morning at 7:30 and then will head to work afterwards

Linda, Cindy, Mary,Marlene and Judy- hope you have a good day!

Off to get some coffee and get ready. Spring is only a few days away!!! Hopefully the weather will be spring like by then!!!

Good morning. Wonder what possessed me to not only sign up to teach today, but to be the7 AM instructor! An extra hour of sleep would be really nice! ( all other instructors start at 8:30)

Marlene, hope Maya has a short illness. Poor thing.

Holly, I'm glad that your family can do something for spring break and also that your dh doesn't have to wait too long for his surgery..

Judy, I hope you feel better today.

Well, I'd better get ready for work. Hope everyone has a good day.

So much for catching up. ;)   We came home to no internet yesterday - tv and phones were working.  An AT&T tech was leaving a job not far from here and came about 5.  Replaced the modem and all is well (keeping fingers crossed!)  They sure have improved their customer service over the last couple years.

Marlene ~ Sending hugs to Maya. :hug:manyheart

Holly ~ Such good news that hubby's surgery is after Spring Break and that he doesn't have to wait too long. :yes

DH has his annual physical this morning at 9 and then I'm taking him to meet someone just east of Fort Worth.  They will bring him home later. ( :cheer

Have a good day, House! ♥

Hi, ya peeps.

Each day I'm improving. I can actually breathe through my nose most of the time now...lol! And I'm 98% myself! according to DH. When I'm quiet and not hungry he really gets worried. Poor guy....

Holly, good that the surgery isn't too far away....

Cindy, hope you can at least get home an hour early today!

Marlene, please let Maya know how much all of us hope she gets better fast. We feel like we know her!

Joanne, hopefully your elbow responds well to the PT. Good luck!

Mary, it's good you don't have to drive DH back. Do something for you today!

Good afternoon.  Slept well again last night.  Feeling more myself now.  It's still cold, but not quite as bad as yesterday.  It's overcast and there is a mist in the air although it's not actually raining.  This may be a day to use the treadmill for my walking.  

My blood sugar is still bouncing all over the place and I'm reaching the point where I'm almost afraid to eat anything at all.  I know I can't do that but it's tempting.  Just when I think that though, it drops below 100.  :shrug  Sigh! 

Good morning
Holly. Good news that you can enjoy spring break and then DH can have the surgery in a couple of weeks. Positive thoughts for a good outcome!

I had a very busy day at work and then went to craft club last night. I start pt for my elbow tomorrow morning at 7:30 and then will head to work afterwards

Hope the pt helps and quickly.

Off to get some coffee and get ready. Spring is only a few days away!!! Hopefully the weather will be spring like by then!!!

I'm with you.  I'm so far past ready for spring.

Marlene, hoping the Maya and Peyton are both feeling better very soon.

Holly, that's great that the surgery is soon, but not so soon as to interfere with you spring break plans.

Cindy, hope that class goes well.

BBL   :manyheart

Hello again. We had almost springlike weather today, bright and sunny and in the high 40s. Back to winter for the next week and a half though.

Class went very well today. My group consisted of emergency room personnel, so they already had the basic concepts down. We had fun and were done by 1:30, so I was done by two, rather than the usual 4:30 or 5. That meant I was able to grocery shop on my way home.

Judy, glad you are starting to feel better.

Joanne, hope PT helps. It worked wonders on my back when I injured it. It did not get completely better and it still bothers me at times, but before PT, I was unable to climb stairs or drive because I couldn't raise my legs without actually lifting them physically. PT also relieved the pain just as well as pain pills and muscle relaxers combined, and with far fewer side effects. Can you tell I'm a fan?

Mary, hope your internet keeps working now.

Archived