Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Morning peeps!

Cindy, I hope your day goes well.

Sherry, maybe that will be it for GS's fever. Poor guy....

Marlene, baby watch is on!

Hi, Holly, Linda, Mary and everyone...

Oh, I'm going to try out a prayer shawl group on the 20th. My young neighbor across the street belongs to that particular church where it is held  and mentioned it to me. They meet twice a month, and one of the nights is my book club. This month I chose not to read the book, so I'm more excited about the shawl group and meeting new pople who share my...ahem...my other addicition (books being first) than just socializing..... Can't wait!

Have a good day my friends.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quick good morning...I want to be at the SS office fairly early and hope the wait isn't hours and hours.  We need our parents' 1099s for the CPA and they will only do this in person. 

Sherry ~ We're supposed to get the freezing stuff tonight and tomorrow. :rolleyes  Stay safe!

Have a good Monday, everyone. :manyheart

Hi, all.  We're in for the mess again, too.  Freezing rain, sleet, snow, and ice starting tonight late and continuing through Wednesday.  Oh, brother, am I tired of this!  Normally the daffodils are in full bloom by now, but this year they haven't even started to come up yet.  

Saw the doctor again this morning on the diabetes.  Continue on as I have been doing, as the morning numbers are getting better.  Of course they are getting better because I've cut back on my intake so severely, so that's not all that reassuring to my point of view.  Steamed fish and veggies get boring after a while.  Her nurse said to have lots of salads and soups that are veggies only.  Oh, whoop-te-doo!  That's sooo helpful.  Can you tell?  I'm bummed.   :(

Anyway, I picked up some rabbit food at the grocery store, and put gas in the car on the way home, so I'm set when the weather turns nasty tonight.  Have my drawing class in a little bit.  Then home and watch the Olympics and hibernate for as long as necessary.  Don't know if work will happen on Wednesday and/or Thursday.  That will depend on what the weather does.

Stay safe everyone.

Hi Ladies,

Oh Linda, The numbers are good but it sure doesn't help the variety of food items. Good luck! Stay warm and safe!

Judy, Sounds like another nice group for you to join. 

Cindy, Hoping you had a nice day at work.

The guys here shoot pool everyday. And they have tournaments at other parks. Today hubby went and I had to take him back there. He couldn't find his jacket. It was warm when he left this morning, but he came back in and said I better take a jacket I might need it later. No one at happy hour remember him with a coat this morning. He had left it at the other park. They said no one takes anything here it just waits for someone to come and get it. I told the guys he shoots pool and golf with he needs a babysitter when his wife isn't with him. He always forgets something somewhere. The jacket was a carhart that belonged to my bil who passed away. And his keys were in it. So glad no one walked off with it. 

I went to the jam session today. I took a new project with me. It's the corner to corner pattern, but it is done in heart shape square. It takes 9 of 4 different color hearts, but I will be making 12 squares as I want it bigger. I couldn't figure out the pattern, so tomorrow I will you tube it to get the hang of it. 

Missy Maya called us this morning on her way to school. She called last night before she went to bed but I wasn't home. She is sick. Her mom took her to the doctor friday. She has a sinus infection and almost had an ear infection. DD talked to them about her being sick every fall/winter and they always say its allergies. They told her that a few months ago to and told her to treat Maya with allergy meds, 2 different kinds and it never takes it away unless they give her an antibotic. She asked them why don't they run allergy test and find out what is causing it. They said bring her back in 2 weeks if she isn't better. Her dad has allergies to. I told her to buy an allergen filter for her furance and see if that helps at all. Not sure if she did or not. I think I'll buy a ladder there at menards and buy a screen/filter type thing and we will put it on the registers and see if that helps. I told them to do that to, but it hasn't happened. Maya's dad has the same problem at my house but Maya doesn't. She rarely gets sick at my house. We lived in house once across from  a park and DD had allergies big time there until we moved back into town. I have wondered if someone had a cat or an animal in there apt before they lived there. 

It's going to be cold again here tomorrow, but as bad as the rest of you are going to get. Stay warm and be safe if you have to be out in it. Have a nice tuesday!

Hello ladies. Super busy day at work again today. Not a bad day though,

Linda, seems like they ought to be able to control your blood sugars without resorting to such a dull diet. It's good that the numbers are looking better though. Hope drawing class was fun.

Marlene, there seems to be a lot of illness here this winter. Nearly everyone I work with has had ear and sinus infections. Several have had strep. Hope Maya feels better soon. Maybe you need to attach hubby's stuff to him, kind of like a kids mittens. Then it would be harder for him to mis-place his things!

Judy, hope you enjoy the prayer shawl group.

Mary, hope your wait at the SS office wasn't too bad. I've always heard to avoid Mobdays when going there. If course if enough people hear the same thing, then Monday might become the best day to go!

Sherry, I hope little gs was all better today.

Joanne, don't you have craft club on Mondays? Did you get to go?

Marisa, you know we are all just a little curious as to whether Saturdays date went as well as the others.........

Good morning

I've been nursing elbow tendinitis so I didn't go to craft club last night. I actually went to bed early and got a great nights sleep.

I'm on the iPad now and it sometimes takes me twice as long to post because of auto correct so I'm going to just wish you all a great day and I'll stop back in after work from my laptop.

:-)

Good morning from the warm & sunny South!  (NOT!)  It started the day off with cold rain about midnight and it is now snowing big globby flakes that are really coming down.  Roads are wet but trees, grass and cars are already covered.  Think I'll walk Sweet Pea while I still can.  I've got a big bag a ice melt handy for later.

Take care all.   :manyheart

Be careful, Linda....

We're expecting snow in the early hours of Thursday ....good thing prayer shawl group doesn't meet till next Thursday! Oh...and some snow Saturday too, I think.

I'm losing my mind over this stuff. It's the ice that is such a nuisance. The back yard is still a disaster area.

Joanne, I hope your elbow feels better soon, I've had that and it's a mental pain in the....as well as physical!

Hi, Mary, Marisa, Marlene, Sherry and Holly!

BBL

Hi everyone.  Stuck at home with ice today, but it should be gone by tomorrow mid-day.  We've had more ice and snow this year than I can remember!

Judy ~ The prayer shawl group is a great idea!  We have one that meets at a church here, but I really hate to drive at night and haven't made it yet.  Are you getting excited about your trip? :)

Cindy ~ Unfortunately, I was told the SS office is packed every day.  They're only open from 9-3 and 9-12 on Wednesdays...not bad hours for employees!  I waited 2 hours and 50 minutes and it took 2 minutes for the lady to print what I needed.  Thank goodness, that's over with. :lol 

Linda ~ I hope your weather isn't too bad!  So sorry about all the diet restrictions...and that huge bill for a locksmith! :hug

Marlene ~ Oh, I hope Maya feels better soon. :manyheart   It seems like everyone has more allergies than we used to - DH and I sure do.  Can't wait to see the new corner to corner pattern!

Joanne ~ I hope your elbow is improving. :hug  

Hi to those I've missed, too. ♥♥♥

I was sort of lazy today - just laundry, a few minutes at the desk and some crocheting.  Think I need some sunshine to perk me up!

Have a good evening, friends. :manyheart

Hi, Mary...

I'm really looking forward to the shawl group!

oh yes. I'm getting excited about the trip! I installed "what's app" on my phone (free international texting) and today my goddaughter texted me from Strasbourg to say "3 weeks from tomorrow"!

Well, the nor'easter is coming Thursday...and the weather people are saying it might turn out to be the "b" word. Winds will be over 40 mph. And heavy snow. A 24 hour storm too.

Blech.

Have a good night everyone!

Hi, Mary...

I'm really looking forward to the shawl group!

oh yes. I'm getting excited about the trip! I installed "what's app" on my phone (free international texting) and today my goddaughter texted me from Strasbourg to say "3 weeks from tomorrow"!

Well, the nor'easter is coming Thursday...and the weather people are saying it might turn out to be the "b" word. Winds will be over 40 mph. And heavy snow. A 24 hour storm too.

Blech.

Have a good night everyone!

On my iPad again. Lol. Yup looks like I'll be taking the day off Thursday. Yucky weather heading our way. But I don't want to think about the 'b' word. But they are calling it a nor'easter I don't like that word either.

Well today was sloppy and messy, that's for sure.  Most of it is gone, but we're gearing up the second storm which starts tonight.  They're telling everyone to get what they need and be in and prepared to stay there for the next several days by 10:00 pm tonight.  My area is in the 0.6-0.7" of ice followed by about 3" of snow on top of it.  South of Atlanta they are predicting 1.5" of ice.  At to all that a fairly strong wind and they are certain there will be downed trees and power lines.  They are being told to be prepared to be without power for up to a week.  I don't think I'll be working until Saturday if this all happens as they are predicting.  They're saying that that heavy area of ice will be "catestrophic."  I hate the sound of that and just super glad that's not for here.  Up to 3/4" will be bad enough.

Stay safe everyone.  

Evening All!!  We missed all the bad weather!!!  It went to the north of us last night and to the south of us today.  We actually got above 32 degrees today.  By Saturday we are to have temps of 68!!!  I'm so glad that it's going to get warmer.  But with warmer weather comes the dreaded thunderstorms (and yes, we've had tornadoes in February here).   So I'm hoping for just rain.

For all my friends in the south and north--please stay safe and warm.  I know more bad weather is headed your way.

GS is fine, no temp on Monday or today.  Guess it was just a virus.  He was back to his talking a lot on Monday. 

Judy - enjoy the prayer shawl group.  I hope you make some new friends.

Had a wonderful colonoscopy done today - the prep was horrible but at least the test was good.  Will know the results of the one plop later this week and hopefully I won't have to do this test again for at least 5 or 10 years!  I spent the day sleeping, so I'm hoping I can sleep tonight.  Back to work tomorrow. 

Well, I'd better go and try to get some more sleep!  Have a great evening and stay warm and safe.  Hugs to all!

Hi Ladies,

Linda, I hope you don't get the weather there calling for. Be careful when you have to go out and stay warm.

Joanne and Judy, You guys be careful to. Stay warm.

Sherry, Good news the test went well and saying a prayer for you that the test results are good news to. Were suppose to warm up here again in a couple of days. 

Mary, Sunshine sure does help us all doesn't it. 

Cindy, Are you getting ready for your next blast of snow to? 

Joanne, What are you doing to treat the tendinitis? 

It's been cold, windy and raining off and on here today. The relay for life team put on a dinner for the kitchen crew today, to say thanks for all the work we do for them. It was so nice. We had ham, cheesy potatoes, peas with carrots, cake with ice cream. 

Talked to my mom today. She and my brother have moved back near the rest of the family. She bought a mobile home near where he works. She called to tell me my uncle who has gone through lung cancer is in the hospital. He has been coughing up blood. His doctor told him to go the emergency. He lives in Illinois with my aunt(his sister) and uncle. He's in a VA hospital there.

Stay warm everyone and have a nice wednesday.

"Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful.  So let it snow, let it snow, let it snow."  The freezing rain started at midnight and we've had sleet and snow since.  My car is sealed in ice.  Couldn't get in to go to work if I wanted to, which I don't.  Work is closed today and probably tomorrow as well.  The mess is to continue into tonight with an occasional short break.  I've already put out ice melt on the side walk immediately in front of our building.  There's enough traction on the outer sidewalk that I've left it alone for the time being.  Nobody has moved out of the complex.  Mix in gusts of wind up to 40 mph and it's truly dangerous out there.  There are already power outages to the south and east of us.  Trees are already coming down not that far from us.

I pulled out a quilt top that I started couple of years ago.  I had the center 2/3 done and never got back to it.  Finished the first of the remaining two blocks last night before turning in.  One left to go and then on to the borders.  It's made up of about 15 different oriental fabrics, so keeping track of where everything goes is the biggest problem so far.  I've been working off a pattern that I modified to suit my tastes better.

Stay safe everyone.

Hi, Linda and Marlene.

Linda, our cars were sealed in ice several days ago. Looks pretty....

Oh, well.....

It's sunny here but bitterly cold. The birds are eating the snow for water and there are tiny red berries from the burning bushes for them to eat. We've been putting out bread for the squirrels.

Oh, just saw a gorgeous bluejay. Don't often see them in our yard.

Have a good one my friends....

Hi Ladies. :waving 

Sherry ~ I know you're glad to have the test over with!  I go every 3 years because of family history and this is the year. Can't wait. :lol

We  lucked out on the latest weather, too.  It was just enough ice to be dangerous, but it's all gone now and the sun is shining!  I hope your test results come back quickly and are all good. :manyheart

Linda ~ Oh, I'm so glad you're at home and safe. :yes   Looking forward to seeing the latest quilt! 

Judy ~ Only 3 more weeks!  Your goddaughter sounds just as excited as you...it will be a wonderful trip!  We have lots of birds, too.  Today is the first day in weeks that I don't need to thaw the bird baths or put out saucers of warm water.

Marlene ~ I'm so sorry to read about about your uncle. :hug    Is your mom's new home much further from you? 

Hi to Joanne and the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

I ran a couple of errands...drumroll...by myself. ;)  Just need a couple of hours once in a while. :)

Have a great afternoon! ♥♥♥

Mary, I totally understand your needing some time to yourself. I do the same thing...or go upstairs to read or crochet in quiet. TV is nearly always on here....

Good afternoon/early evening housemates :hi

I logged in yesterday to post, but never got to it :eek It's been a somewhat busy week so far, which of course is a good thing.  Saturday's date went well...we saw The Monuments Men, which I enjoyed and had dinner at a Mongolian Grill :drool  Oh, then we had dessert at a frozen yogurt place...the kind where you can pile on the toppings, lol.  So, I don't think I've told you much about him.  He actually lives in Virginia right now.  He's from Pitt and comes back every weekend just about.  He works mainly in the area of DC flying a plane and doing aerial surveillance for the government!  He's currently on a 2 week job here and so he's doing a lot of A** kissing while here.  I guess due to budget changes there may be an opening here for his position so he's super hopeful to get transferred back this year, which is his goal.  So, just kind of taking it for what it is right now and seeing where it's going.  We've been out 3 times now and have been texting pretty much daily.  His name is Craig and so far seems very nice.  So, once again....we'll see what happens!  He's very nice and I do like him, I feel like mentally we're on the same wavelength which is a lot harder to find a commonality with than you would think!

Sunday was a relaxing day for me.  I just found out on Monday that I'm invited to our friends wedding on March 8th!  They decided on the date a couple weeks ago, and they just want to 'do it' lol.  I didn't really expect to be invited because I know they are keeping it small and they are first Steph's friends.  He's the one I made the Harley Davidson afghan for a while back.  Well, I'm guessing that unfortunately at this time there's no way I'd be able to make them a wedding gift! :(

I have a late patient tonight so won't get home until about 8-8:30.  Steph and Bean are heading to Punta Cana on Friday for a week so I have to take them to the airport at 5AM!  Hopefully I'll be awake enough to go to the gym for Zumba class and then pick up Averie and Sloan from school at 11:15.  They have an early dismissal and Ingrid's MIL was supposed to get them but apparently forgot and now can't :think  Then I have patients in the later afternoon.

I guess that's about it for now.  Hopefully I'll make it back tomorrow!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, I get the time alone stuff. We all need are own space once in awhile. My mom will be a bit over an hour from me.

Linda, Your new quilt project--can't wait to see it. Be careful when you have to go outside.

Marisa, I hope things go well for you and Craig. 

Hope everyone is staying warm. We had sunshine and in the 50's today. It was so nice! I went up for crafts but I worked on the puzzle. It wasn't working together right. I fixed it. There craft today was making wreaths using flip flops. There decorated with flowers and bling. They are really cute, but I don't really have any place to hang them. I got laundry done before spending the next two days in the kitchen prepping for the Valentine's dinner. I will be glad when these two days are over. This is the biggest meal we do. There is over 100 signed up for it. Steak or shrimp, baked potato, salad, either fresh green beans or asparagus, roll, strawberry shortcake. I bought me an Ipad2 today at walmart. They have them on sale until saturday for 299.00. 

We are great grandparents now. The baby was born yesterday (tuesday). His name is Bentley James. He weighed 7lbs 3ozs. I don't know how long he was. I seen it on facebook last night. I was quite upset about not being texted the news. I knew she wouldn't call. This is the way things have been handled in the past. I thought maybe since her mom is gone some things might be different. But I guess not. Expectations will get you every time.

I hope everyone has a nice thursday even with the cold nasty weather. 

Marisa - hoping things go well for you and Craig. 

Marlene - Congrats on being great grandparents, sorry that you got the news that way.  Sounds like you'll be busy getting the dinner ready - sounds really yummy!!

Mary - I know about time to yourself--I rarely get it so enjoy it when you can.

Well, today was a long day.  Had to play catch up from being off for 1 1/2 days.  And I'll have to redo the "new" report, since it won't do what the old one did.  I tried to tell them, but nnnnnnooooooo the one that wanted it changed wouldn't listen.  The meeting was a disaster cause he couldn't answer the questions.  Tried as well to get them to change it to when I'd be there but that didn't happen either.  I'm so tired of all the hassles, I really don't enjoy my job anymore and I hate that cause I love doing this type of work.  And tomorrow another meeting (with a different committee) but it will probably be just as bad as the "new" report will be at that meeting :(

Well for all of you in the storm's path - please be safe and stay warm and don't get out unless it's an emergency!!  Hugs to all of you!!

Aw, Marlene, I know about being disappointed, but at least mom and son are well!

Marisa, your guy sounds like a good one so far!

Off I go....from the snowcopalypse......

Hi, all.  More snow on top of all the ice last night.  It appears to have finally stopped, but no one has moved from the parking lot and doesn't look like anyone is going anywhere today either.  I certainly am not.  I'll take Sweet Pea out soon and spread some more of the ice melt stuff.  It's pretty, but that's about it.  

Almost got the last panel together yesterday, but wasn't feeling the best so didn't get it all the way.  Should have the center done today.  Then on the the first border which is more of the 3 1/2" squares all separated by a thin strip of black.  Not that hard to do, but tedious.  And for that I have to figure out the color scheme.  If there will be one, which I'm not that sure of yet.  I may just do a simple repetition of all the colors (12.)  Still have to figure out what that repeat would be.

Hi Ladies.

linda ~ Oh, I'm so glad you're at home and safe. :yes   Looking forward to seeing the latest quilt! 

Thanks, Mary.  I'll try to take a picture of it when I get the main center section done.

I ran a couple of errands...drumroll...by myself.   Just need a couple of hours once in a while. :)

We all need that now and then.  Good for you.

Good afternoon/early evening housemates :hi

I logged in yesterday to post, but never got to it.  It's been a somewhat busy week so far, which of course is a good thing.  Saturday's date went well...we saw The Monuments Men, which I enjoyed and had dinner at a Mongolian Grill :drool  Oh, then we had dessert at a frozen yogurt place...the kind where you can pile on the toppings, lol.  So, I don't think I've told you much about him.  He actually lives in Virginia right now.  He's from Pitt and comes back every weekend just about.  He works mainly in the area of DC flying a plane and doing aerial surveillance for the government!  He's currently on a 2 week job here and so he's doing a lot of A** kissing while here.  I guess due to budget changes there may be an opening here for his position so he's super hopeful to get transferred back this year, which is his goal.  So, just kind of taking it for what it is right now and seeing where it's going.  We've been out 3 times now and have been texting pretty much daily.  His name is Craig and so far seems very nice.  So, once again....we'll see what happens!  He's very nice and I do like him, I feel like mentally we're on the same wavelength which is a lot harder to find a commonality with than you would think!

Sounds like a great date and a nice guy.  And you are right about being on the same wave length being hard to find.  I'm glad it looks like you've found that with him.

Sunday was a relaxing day for me.  I just found out on Monday that I'm invited to our friends wedding on March 8th!  They decided on the date a couple weeks ago, and they just want to 'do it' lol.  I didn't really expect to be invited because I know they are keeping it small and they are first Steph's friends.  He's the one I made the Harley Davidson afghan for a while back.  Well, I'm guessing that unfortunately at this time there's no way I'd be able to make them a wedding gift!

I agree there's not much time to make something between now and then.

I have a late patient tonight so won't get home until about 8-8:30.  Steph and Bean are heading to Punta Cana on Friday for a week so I have to take them to the airport at 5AM!  Hopefully I'll be awake enough to go to the gym for Zumba class and then pick up Averie and Sloan from school at 11:15.  They have an early dismissal and Ingrid's MIL was supposed to get them but apparently forgot and now can't :think  Then I have patients in the later afternoon.

I guess that's about it for now.  Hopefully I'll make it back tomorrow!

Well, today was a long day.  Had to play catch up from being off for 1 1/2 days.  And I'll have to redo the "new" report, since it won't do what the old one did.  I tried to tell them, but nnnnnnooooooo the one that wanted it changed wouldn't listen.  The meeting was a disaster cause he couldn't answer the questions.  Tried as well to get them to change it to when I'd be there but that didn't happen either.  I'm so tired of all the hassles, I really don't enjoy my job anymore and I hate that cause I love doing this type of work.  And tomorrow another meeting (with a different committee) but it will probably be just as bad as the "new" report will be at that meeting :(

It's sad when those above us don't listen to those of us who do the actual reports and really know what they can and cannot do and the information that they do and don't provide.  Maybe this will teach him a lesson and you can go back to the previous ones.  Probably not though.  It seems rigid people who feel threatened don't listen well no matter what.  I'm so sorry that they are taking all the enjoyment out of your job.  You sound like you are very good at what you do and someone that is soooo important to the smooth running of the church.   :hug    :hug 

Well for all of you in the storm's path - please be safe and stay warm and don't get out unless it's an emergency!!  Hugs to all of you!!

Time to brave the cold outside again.  Take care everyone.   :ghug

Oh, my!  That was a chilling experience.  Took Sweet Pea out and then attempted to clear off the car.  Spent about 30 minutes in the cold using a dustpan to chop, scoop, and scrape at the ice and snow on the car.  It's a little warmer than yesterday, but not warm.  Just over freezing.  My hands were very red and stiff by the time I got done and still haven't totally thawed out.  More people were out attempting to clear off their cars, too.  Nobody has tried to drive though.  And I was the only gal out there.  We've gone through over half the bag of ice melt.  None of us have a decent shovel so the sidewalk is a mess.  Anything that doesn't clear today will refreeze tonight.  Hopefully the car will be able to melt off the rest of the ice I couldn't get off it.  I think I can get the doors open today which is a big difference from yesterday.  I miss my ice scrapers and shovels today.   :lol

Archived