Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Flyby!

Sherry, I forgot....is miss snuggles a dachshund? The jumping from heights isn't recommended by vets because of their shape....

BBL!!!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies. :)  

Cindy ~ You all must be so tired of snow by now!  I hope your meeting went well and that you're enjoying the rest of the day. :yes

Linda ~ Sounds like lots of fun with Rosie and John...now I'm hungry for Red Lobster. ;)

Sherry ~ It was 80* here yesterday!  So sorry about work. :hug   You must be extra nervous about Snuggles' jumping after the broken leg, but they're going to do what they want to!  :hug

Holly ~ 40* must feel so good after the winter you've had!  I hope the flooding doesn't get too bad.

Hi to everyone I've missed!

Well, CFO Jim emailed again this a.m. with an update and included all the emails between the ins. company and him.  Not only didn't they apologize, they said it could be Friday or Monday before everyone was reinstated!!!  He requested that they send each covered person a letter with proof of coverage and they said "they would try."  Unbelievable. :sigh  Thank goodness DH is fully covered with Medicare, so it only affects one of us!

Leaving in a few minutes for DH's second occupational therapy session.  (I hope everyone is having a great day.♥

Hi ladies. The sun shone all day today, and the temperature got into the 40s. Tomorrow and Friday there is a winter weather watch. Sounds like it will be a mix of ice, snow and rain, accompanied by heavy winds. For once I can stay home.

After my meeting this morning I went shopping and picked up groceries. I shopped for several hours but only bought pyjamas, a watch, ( mine broke) and some flip flops.

Mary, that insurance company sure isn't trying very hard. Someone obviously made a big mistake and they are acting like it's no big deal. At first your 80 degrees sounded good to me, but on second thought, I think I'd like some spring first.

Sherry, hope Missy Snuggles doesn't have any issues related to jumping off the bed.

Linda, glad you had a good time with Risie and John.

Judy, are you all packed for Paris yet? I think I'd be so excited that I'd have trouble sleeping.

I've been making myself a market bag to use at the farmers market this summer. I've made a lot of them in the past, but I must have given them all away, because I can't find a single one around here. Mine is very "individual". I am using up all those little odds and ends of cotton yarn that I've been saving. It's very mismatched, which means I won't be tempted to give it away.

Good morning ladies. Our predicted freezing rain did not materialize, and the rain has not yet started. Maybe we will miss the worst of it. Oops, spoke to soon, it just started snowing. Of course that's our new normal! :). And it's much better than ice!

Nothing much happening here. I did not get up until almost 9 AM and haven't done a thing yet, except wander around Pinterest and drink coffee. Cleaning is on today's to do list.

Have a great day!

Morning peeps!

Cindy, I find myself laying in bed thinking about what I'm going to pack (temps are getting more Spring like over there), what bag I'll use for carryon stuff...all that. I can't ever pack too far ahead, though, because I know I'll change my mind! Basically it's comfortable shoes and black slacks...and layers, so I can add or peel off as needed.

I went out in the yard this morning but quickly came back in....there was an icy glaze over a lot of the snow. We had rain yesterday and nighttime temps got to 32.

Watching figure skating and hooking....bbl!

'Morning, everyone. :)   I logged in to Aetna first thing and it says I am covered again...no messages...no emails.  Hope it's really fixed and I guess I'll find out for sure when I go to pick up the prescriptions I tried to pick up Sunday!

Cindy ~ Loved the sign you linked to on Amazon! :lol   Oh my - more snow for you!  As always stay safe. ♥  Be sure and show us your market bag!

Judy ~ I don't envy you with the packing!   I like to take everything I own "just in case." ;)   I hope your icy stuff goes away soon and that flooding isn't too bad.  Cleaning 8 very large doggie paws must get very tiring. :yes

Linda ~ I hope work went well yesterday!

Today is very windy and we're under wild fire warnings!!  We've had almost no rain in months and the little bits of snow and ice haven't helped much.  I ran the sprinkler system last night just to add some moisture to the ground.

I hope everyone at 'Our House' is okay and having a good Thursday. :manyheart

Good morning, everyone.  Work was really slow yesterday.  Tonight is Prayer Shawl Group after work so another long day.  Slept better last night though, which helps.

Mary, that is such inappropriate behavior on the part of the insurance company.  Did you ever get your meds?  So many places seems to have lost hold of the fact that they are there to serve their customers, not just take their money.  And yet the customer is what keeps them in business.  

Judy, stay safe in that ice.

Have a good day, all.

Well, so far we've had hardly any rain, not a lot of snow and it's been breezy but not dangerously so. However the weather warning goes until 7 PM tomorrow, so maybe it will be a wild night.

My market bag is nearly finished. I'm pretty sure it is not what the pattern designer envisioned. It wasn't a particularly well written pattern, so I had to guess at things. Eventually, I gave up and just did my own thing. Its kind if funny looking what with all the different yarn colors I used, and the shape is a tad odd, but it will do the job.

And...it's been a while since you've seen Batman and his sidekick, Robin. :)

attachicon.gif20140120_163632.jpg

Two redheads!  Oh, boy!   Cute!

We're supposed to maybe get some wild weather tonight.  There are some tornado watches north of here.  Just a small chance of that here, but could have some pretty severe thunderstorms depending on where things hit.

Happy Friday!!!

Mary- that's a great picture of the boys !!! They are getting so big. I stopped last night after work to visit the boys and had so much fun playing with them. Didn't get home till almost 9.

We will probably have some flooding later on some of the roads since we r getting rain. And there is still a lot of snow out there and drains are blocked. Should make for an interesting commute. The potholes don't make it any easier either.

Hope u all have a good day!!!

Mary - what a cute pic of the boys!!!  What a mess with your insurance.  Hopefully it's fixed now.  Enjoy your weather.  We're still mid 60's here and the wind has been blowing!!  Hopefully today it won't be so bad.  Of course, now it's wild fires that are problem since everything is so dry.

Judy - Missy is 1/2 pappilion (not sure of the spelling) and 1/4 pom and 1/4 daschhound .  And the vet did tell us NO jumping but we'll see how that goes :)  She loves to run and hop.

Joanne - hope your commute is safe!  Always be weather aware.  Hope you have a good day today.

Cindy - glad you finished your market bag. 

Well I spent the afternoon with littlest GS yesterday. I had just got back to work after dropping him off, the school called and said he was sick.  So I left work and went and got him.  Spent the whole afternoon and most of the evening with him.  I think it's more of "I miss my mommy and my MeMo" than anything else.  Said his tummy hurt but no fever or anything else.    He cried when I left (he's been crying on the nights that DD isn't there, her friend is taking care of the boys instead of me).  So, we'll see how today goes.

Everyone have a safe day and stay warm.  Hugs to all!!

Good morning ladies. Snowing again. No rain really materialized yesterday. Oh well, everyday I tell myself that spring is one day closer! Hopefully this will clear up. We have plans to go to dinner with friends. I work this weekend.

I will likely finish cleaning today, and knit some more on my baby blanket. I also plan to make applesauce. I got 5 pound bags of apples for $1.99 yesterday, which is a really great price here. It's usually more like $3.99 to $4.99 for 3 pounds. I bought 4 bags, because it was a one day sale and the limit was four.. Dh said he'd help me peel them. I make applesauce in my crockpot, so it's really easy, once the apples are peeled.

Joanne, the potholes are exceptionally bad here this year. I drive like I have spasms on my way to work, trying to avoid at least the huge ones.

Well, guess I'd better go get my day started...

Good morning, Ladies! Slept in this morning and feeling sluggish; just gotta get moving. We are definitely having weather here. Last night it was raining, wind blowing, some patchy fog, and some thunder and lightning, plus 2 feet plus of snow on the ground that began melting creating slush and leaving puddles with shards of ice that looked like glass. Wow! As my chiropractor says, "we're having weather". When it's blue sky and 70 degrees, he says "we're having golf."  :rofl

I posted this on FB last night and dreamed about his office. It had been expanded and was like an assembly line but my appointment was in the office as it is now.  :lol

Wishing everyone a great day!

Happy Friday, friends. :flower Thanks so much for the sweet comments about the little guys.  They are definitely busy and love to rough house together.  Zach almost always has that grin and "crinkled up" eyes. :lol   His eyes are huge and a beautiful blue.

Sherry ~ Aww, it does sound like your GS is going through that stage where he only wants you or his mom. :c9   I hope he's feeling okay today.  Yes, the insurance was "reinstated" early yesterday morning...it was one of those scary situations when you know you have no control.

Jeannie ~ Hi!  Stay safe with that crazy weather.♥ 

Cindy ~ Your market bag "adventure" made me chuckle. ;)   I'll bet it's very cute!  I love the smell of apples cooking...great deal on the apples!

Joanne ~ Yes, the boys grow up so quickly.  Luke will be 4 next month!  I'm so glad you were able to see R & R last night!

Linda ~ I hope the weather is okay.  We're having lovely days in the 60's, but we sure need the rain!  How is the latest quilt coming along?

I've been dusting and vacuuming this morning.  Boring!  DD, SIL and the boys are coming over Sunday for lunch. :manyheart   Tomorrow is DH's birthday, so we'll celebrate Sunday.  I might even bake his cake - it's been a very long time since I did that. :lol

We got a little rain last night, but I don't think it stormed here.  Today is one of the nicest days we've had in a very long time.  Went to lunch at Giorgio's restaurant with the gals from SASSE today.  It was postponed from last Friday to today due to the weather last week.  I had a calamari salad which was wonderful.  Brought a piece of cake home.  It's called Volcano Cake, a layer of fudge brownie, a layer of cheesecake, and two layers of fudge cake with chocolate cream cheese icing.  Yummy!  

Yesterday was traumatic.  I got fired for voiding an invoice (something I don't know how to do) and theft of the money (something I would never, ever do.)  But since I was the only one working, other than the owners, I took the fall.  I have no idea what happened.  It hurt so much to be told that Lily couldn't trust me anymore.  I've cried a couple of times and now just trying to put myself back together.  I was devastated.  But I can't prove that I didn't do it even though I didn't.  Not a happy camper at the moment.

Happy Birthday to hubby, Mary.

Oh, Linda! How awful! Those who know you know you didn't do that....obviously the others don't know you if they could even think something like that!

Hi, Sherry, Mary, Cindy and Jeannie!

Not much happening here...just under a thunderstorm watch and tornado watch...it seems like if you wait a day or so around here the weather drastically changes!

Linda ~ Cindy and Judy have already expressed perfectly what we all know.  :manyheart   I am so very sorry this has happened to you. :hug  It seems to me they needed a reason to cut back and decided to cover their you know whats.  You know we're here for you and hope you can get past this before long.  Hopefully, they will do the right thing - admit their mistake and give you a huge apology! :hug 

Thank you ladies. :ghug​  I know sales haven't been very good since the New Year.  It may well be an excuse, but it still hurts.  I'll be okay. It's just going to take a bit.  I laid down this afternoon and took a nap and feel a bit better for it.  Now I'm having a bit more of my decadent cake.   :cake   It's a good thing I just got one piece.   :P

Morning ladies...

Marlene messaged me on FB that she isn't able to sign on to the ville. I told her to reach out for Amy on the FB site if it didn't resolve itself...she just wanted to let everyone know that's why she's been missing....

Good morning

Linda. I'm so sorry this happened to you. Something doesn't seem right and I agree with Mary. It sounds like they needed to come up with something to let you go. Would have been better to say business has been slow and we can't keep you on the payroll any longer. Lots of hugs!!!

Judy - thanks for letting us know about Marlene. Seems that there has been a lot of trouble with people getting locked out ever since the switch to the new server. I still prefer the way the ville used to be.

Off to get hair cut and colored so I better get ready. My DD's friend is doing it again. Sure saves a lot of money

Have a good day.

Archived