Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hello everyone. Just got back from a long walk in the woods with the dog. Its hard work walking up and down those hills in boots. Even the dog was tired by the time we got back.

My plans for the afternoon are to either read or crochet.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow...about 120 pages since I was on last...don't think I am catching uop on all that!

I wouldn't:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Hello everyone. Just got back from a long walk in the woods with the dog. Its hard work walking up and down those hills in boots. Even the dog was tired by the time we got back.

My plans for the afternoon are to either read or crochet.

Yup - walking in boots isn't fun - I actually hurt myself doing that once:lol:lol

Good morning all,

Judy, you remind me of my mother in that she always got her way with my dad when she would make him think a final decision was his idea! Enjoy your day!

i worked reverse psychology on our son, back in the day, too:lol

Judy ~ The RR is gorgeous! Beautiful work and I love the colors. :applause

Hi Christi ~ It's good to see you again. :) I wouldn't try to catch up either. :lol Come visit whenever you can! :manyheart

Cindy ~ Hate to tell you, but we're in shorts and t-shirts today. 'Hope it's not an indication of another miserable summer, though!

Hi Amy and Valerie!

Julie ~ Love your idea for "leaving clues" when Luke gets older...it's in my journal because I'm afraid I'll forget later. :blush Thank you!

We've had a beautiful day with lots of activity. :lol I've been using my iphone for videos and photos and it's so much fun...still have some things to learn. Luke is fast asleep and we'll take him home after his nap.

Hi all,

Judy- Your RR is gorgeous- love the color combo!!!

Cindy After that long walk, I'd be taking a nap-then crocheting or reading!!!

Christi- Good to see a post- stop in when you can- and I wouldn't go over that many posts either!!!

Mary- Sounds like a great weekend with Luke!! I like that idea too Julie- about leaving cues in the eggs and then having to follow the clues!!! Now to remember that idea in a few years- I'll count on Mary and you to remind me!

Got the light replaced- actually did both headlights since my luck is that I'd get the one replaced and then have to do the other next week!

I've been alternating between crocheting, reading and keeping DH company while he does the taxes. We're getting $ back this year so there wasn't too much grumbling going on!

Back to the hook---or the nook--

Hi, Christi!

And thanks, ladies, for all the kind words about the RR. Even DH thought it was really nice - quite different from his reaction when he saw me first working on it:lol

More dog pics:D

first: furples sleeping in my small work triangle - stove to the right, by their tails. I happened to be making chicken stock that day and had a whole chicken simmering on the stovetop. I guess their juices were going - and they wanted to make sure they were on the scene for when the chicken was finished:lol

The second pic is from this afternoon. I was sitting at the desk and swiveled my chair to get up...and both of them were almost on my feet! My desk is to the left in the pic,

post-8552-135897744415_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897744418_thumb.jpg

Judy- Thank goodness you didn't trip over the Sparkie and Lucy when you swiveled your chair to get up! They both do take up a lot of room, don't they?

Was hoping to see a post from Linda---I'm worried about her--

Off for the night- and I'll see you bright and early!

Hi, Christi!

And thanks, ladies, for all the kind words about the RR. Even DH thought it was really nice - quite different from his reaction when he saw me first working on it:lol

More dog pics:D

first: furples sleeping in my small work triangle - stove to the right, by their tails. I happened to be making chicken stock that day and had a whole chicken simmering on the stovetop. I guess their juices were going - and they wanted to make sure they were on the scene for when the chicken was finished:lol

The second pic is from this afternoon. I was sitting at the desk and swiveled my chair to get up...and both of them were almost on my feet! My desk is to the left in the pic,

Those are 2 furbabies that love their momma. :manyheart

Ta-Da!

48 inches! The baby won't outgrow this one:lol

I used Caron Pounders in: Rose, Cream and Brown

Beautiful! :clap

Hello.

Just popping in to say howdy & let ya'll know i'm still amongst the living. I haven't been doing too much on the internet the past couple days; trying to focus what little time I have on Elijah's tummy time blanket. :crocheting It's getting there. ;)

I hope anyone that lived in the path of the tornadoes & storms is safe & well. :manyheart

Linda~I hope you are doing well. Many hugs & much love to you. :hug

That sounds great! Although I'd prolly poop out after 10 mins. :lol

Ta-Da!

48 inches! The baby won't outgrow this one:lol

I used Caron Pounders in: Rose, Cream and Brown

Fantastic! Love those colors! And your fur Babies are so pretty.

Sundays are long for us. DH is a pastor and we spend all day in church and then go to an evening service. I'm give out. Been working on a granny ripple in some nice springy colors but just too tired to work tonight.

Had to stop work on the popcorn afghan because I ran out of yarn. :( Guess I'll have to go try to find more.

Well my fur babies are snuggled up with us on the couch. Sure am glad we got them this couch. :P Time to reclaim my space.

'nite all!

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Glad you fall over the furbabies. The rr is awesome!

Christie, Hi! Nice to see you again.

Joanne, Good planning on changing both head lights.

Mary, I make Maya pancakes with chocolate chips. I don't like blueberries so I don't buy them. I bet Luke loved them though.

Cindy, :clap for getting a walk in.

Tab, Hope the headache is much better so you can crochet.

Sabrina, Pets do like there own seats don't they.

We had a beautiful day here. I had to do laundry though. Hubby's birthday is tuesday and were going out to dinner with 2 other couples. Were going for mexican. Catch you all tomorrow. Have a nice monday!

Good morning!

Sabrina- What kind of yarn are you using on your popcorn afghan? I may just have some in my huge stash that I could part with. I've got a granny ripple on my long list of things I'd like to make- I'll bet it is going to be lovely!!!

Marlene- In case I forget- Happy Birthday tomorrow to DH! Enjoy your evening out with friends to celebrate!! I love choc chip pancakes!!! Haven't made them in a while.

Tonight is craft night which always helps on a Monday!!! :clap Something to look forward to after Paradise!!!:hook

Have a wonderful day everybody.....:hug

Good morning!

Sabrina- What kind of yarn are you using on your popcorn afghan? I may just have some in my huge stash that I could part with. I've got a granny ripple on my long list of things I'd like to make- I'll bet it is going to be lovely!!!

I was using Vanna's Dusty Blue and Dusty Purple. I just miss judged how much I'll need. Guess I'll just have to make a trip to Michael's. *evil grin*

Tonight is craft night which always helps on a Monday!!! :clap Something to look forward to after Paradise!!!:hook

Wish we had craft night around my parts. Sounds like fun!

Have a wonderful day everybody.....:hug

Morning all

I'm gonna try to wing it here and remember what all to say. I know I'll forget half of it, so if anyone is left out, it's not intentional .

Christi-

Good to see you again . Hope you can drop in more often and maybe get back into crocheting if you have the time or interest. Sometimes I guess we need breaks from things to pursue other things.

Cindy

Sounds as though you had a nice quiet weekend. Those are the best .

Joanne

I'm sure you will do a great job being a grandma . It's really not hard at all. I used to spend lots of time trying to think of fun things for Cam to do. Now, he kinda has his own agenda when he comes, so I really dont need to think of stuff for him to do . He's getting out of the age of needing entertained ,so I just let him have his space now and make sure I have all his favorite foods .:)

Jude

Glad you used the reverse psychology and won the picture . Good idea !

The new rr is very pretty . Your pups look very content and lucky to have you .

Dusti

Good to hear from you and know you are ok .

Linda

Still thinking of you . Hope you can come in and post sometime when you are up to it .

Marlene

You keep making all those tasty dinners down there. Every one of them sounds good enough to drive clear down there to get one ! I bet Maya will be glad when you guys get back home again .

Mary

I'm glad you had a fun weekend with Luke .They are pretty easy to occupy at his age. They find everything fun and interesting because they are like sponges when they are that age and soak up everything you want to teach them .

Cam always loved treasure hunt type things, mazes, maps, things that made him think trying to figure out clues . He used to love pirate stuff,so I 'd find pirate treasure maps online , print them out ,then get him one of the cheapo pirate sets at the store with the hat, the eye patch, etc . ,then I'd print off the treasure map,and put X's on different parts of the map . ( writing notes that went with each X) . He had so much fun doing those ,looking for hidden surprises. He still remembers the year we did that ,and tied one of his presents in a plastic bag up in a tree. He had to climb a ladder to get his present . He still talks about that .

I'm sure you'll come up with lots of fun stuff to do with Luke . I miss those days with Cam .

I lost my train of thought,so will close for now. Sorry I'm sure I have forgotten people -- will try to remember everyone next round.

Big shout out to Marisa, Amy ,abrina , Val and Tab.

Then --------------------------------------------------Now

post-144-135897744486_thumb.jpg

post-144-13589774449_thumb.jpg

Good morning ladies :hi

I have my bridal shower this weekend in Saddle Brook, NJ. I'm not sure yet when I'm leaving here, either Wed or Thurs. I've decided to just head over there for the day of the shower so will be at my parents. A friend of ours from chiro school is going as well and bringing her daughter and she lives close to my parents so we're going to carpool and head over together.

It's snowing since last night :eek They were only calling for flurries, boy were they wrong :lol It started yesterday around 4ish and my sister's flight got back around 4:30 after being delayed for about an hour and a half :( Meanwhile, it was 64 on Friday and supposed to be in the 60s again by the middle of the week :think

Val - How's your ear infection doing? :hug

Marlene - Have fun for dh's birthday tomorrow, I love Mexican :drool

Joanne - Glad you got your headlight fixed, and I would've done the same thing changing them both :lol How nice to keep dh company while doing the taxes :hug Have fun at craft club tonight.

Mary - I bet Luke had fun at the park :yes I love blueberry pancakes and how fun to make a face on them, I bet he loved them :manyheart

Judy - I may have missed something because I don't know what picture you guys are talking about :think:blush Your rr came out beautifully and the pups are surely claiming their space by the chicken :lol

Amy - I hope you had a good weekend :hug

Cindy - Great walk! I took one yesterday too but probably not as good as yours :lol

Christi - Nice to 'see' you again and don't worry about trying to catch up, just move forward :yes

Tab - :yay for Eli's tummy time...it's sooo important :yes

Sabrina - I hope you find the colors you need, I'm pretty sure I don't have any of those to offer up :no Were you able to reclaim your couch?

Julie - Cam is just too cute, well those are older pics...I guess now he's a handsome young man :wink

Hi, peeps!

Had a routine vet visit for Sparkie this AM...ran late because vet was dealing with an emergency. THis is a group that now runs the vet place I always go to - and boy, did I have sticker shock when I paid the bill:eek

I'll just have to tell DH what the bill is when prorated over 12 months.:lol

Marisa we picked up a big print of a 1949 picture of Times Square for my office. I can see it every time I sit at the desk. DH thought it might look great in his man cave (living room) but I convinced him he wouldn't be able to see it as often as he does now, since he's at my desk throughout the day.:lol

Fantastic! Love those colors! And your fur Babies are so pretty.

Thanks! They love being next to us...or on top of each other:lol. Lucy, the one with more of a tan face, will be 1 yo on Thursday! Already!:eek

Sundays are long for us. DH is a pastor and we spend all day in church and then go to an evening service. I'm give out. Been working on a granny ripple in some nice springy colors but just too tired to work tonight.

Had to stop work on the popcorn afghan because I ran out of yarn. :( Guess I'll have to go try to find more.

popcorn st does use up a lot of yarn:yes I hope you can find more.

Well my fur babies are snuggled up with us on the couch. Sure am glad we got them this couch. :P Time to reclaim my space.

'nite all!

I go online for michaels coupons if we didn't get an ad...

Hi, all,

I didn't fall off the face of the earth, just too tired to even get on the internet at all for most of the last week. Took 2 loads of stuff to Goodwill yesterday and Rosie helped me go through stuff of John & Kim's and sort into Goodwill and trash today which will necessitate another trip tonight. There are 6 or 7 large trash bags of stuff to go in the trash this week too. It's exhausting. Plus we had tornado warnings and watches Friday night which ended up being a night of little sleep. We had lightening and hard rain but the bad stuff went to the south and north of us.

One of the things Rosie and I found was a jar of Dead Sea salts and oils to use on rough hands and feet as a softening soothing treatment. We treated ourselves to a dose of it on our hands and feet when the sorting was done. I don't know when it was last used but it took forever to get it mixed up. We probably ended up using 4 or 5 times more of the stuff than necessary, and we got the giggles doing it. My hands and feet are still a bit sticky but the oils are absorbing into the skin and they feel really nice. It's so nice to have a friend to do silly things with. :D

Rosie's John ran out of Tylenol last night so I took him over a dozen at which point he was craving pecan pie. He said, "I think I'm pregnant. I really really want some pecan pie and some custard pie. Won't you go get me some? Please!" So Rosie headed out and I rode along to keep her company. I said, "I'm playing hooky. I haven't got my purse and John doesn't know where I am and it's great!" At which point we got the giggles about the two of us over 60 ladies being out for a joy ride. :lol :lol

Time to get Kim up.

Talk to you all later. If it's not for a while, it's just that life is super hectic and busy right now. Love you all. :hug :hug :hug

I just had some of the leftover pork that I put in the crock pot yesterday and it was yummy, very spicy...I think I'll be blowing my nose for the next hour :eek:lol Steph and bean said it was good, but I didn't have any last night because I ate at Ingrid's. I'd definitely make this again :yes

Hi, peeps!

Had a routine vet visit for Sparkie this AM...ran late because vet was dealing with an emergency. THis is a group that now runs the vet place I always go to - and boy, did I have sticker shock when I paid the bill:eek

I'll just have to tell DH what the bill is when prorated over 12 months.:lol

Marisa we picked up a big print of a 1949 picture of Times Square for my office. I can see it every time I sit at the desk. DH thought it might look great in his man cave (living room) but I convinced him he wouldn't be able to see it as often as he does now, since he's at my desk throughout the day.:lol

I go online for michaels coupons if we didn't get an ad...

Thanks Judy, I bet it's a gorgeous picture :yes

Hi, all,

I didn't fall off the face of the earth, just too tired to even get on the internet at all for most of the last week. Took 2 loads of stuff to Goodwill yesterday and Rosie helped me go through stuff of John & Kim's and sort into Goodwill and trash today which will necessitate another trip tonight. There are 6 or 7 large trash bags of stuff to go in the trash this week too. It's exhausting. Plus we had tornado warnings and watches Friday night which ended up being a night of little sleep. We had lightening and hard rain but the bad stuff went to the south and north of us.

One of the things Rosie and I found was a jar of Dead Sea salts and oils to use on rough hands and feet as a softening soothing treatment. We treated ourselves to a dose of it on our hands and feet when the sorting was done. I don't know when it was last used but it took forever to get it mixed up. We probably ended up using 4 or 5 times more of the stuff than necessary, and we got the giggles doing it. My hands and feet are still a bit sticky but the oils are absorbing into the skin and they feel really nice. It's so nice to have a friend to do silly things with. :D

Rosie's John ran out of Tylenol last night so I took him over a dozen at which point he was craving pecan pie. He said, "I think I'm pregnant. I really really want some pecan pie and some custard pie. Won't you go get me some? Please!" So Rosie headed out and I rode along to keep her company. I said, "I'm playing hooky. I haven't got my purse and John doesn't know where I am and it's great!" At which point we got the giggles about the two of us over 60 ladies being out for a joy ride. :lol :lol

Time to get Kim up.

Talk to you all later. If it's not for a while, it's just that life is super hectic and busy right now. Love you all. :hug :hug :hug

:yay So glad to see your post Linda :hug It sure is fun to have a good friend to act all silly with :yes

Linda, yay for acting like a young girl! I love not acting my age, too! Just be careful you don't overdo with all the decluttering!

Hi House. :hi

Linda ~ Hi! Getting ready to move is so much work...wish we were closer. I've had way too much experience. :yes Do you have a moving date yet?

Marisa ~ Do you have a recipe for the pork? I've been using a crock pot more often, since I got a new one.:) Your upcoming weekend sounds like a lot of fun!

Julie ~ Cam is so cute! Has he decided what sports he will play this spring/summer?

Judy ~ Aww, love the pictures! Our vet joined a "group," too and prices really went up quickly. I think he's the best vet we've ever had, though...and won't change unless we move!

I had a dental appointment this a.m., then errands and got home about 1. It's way too quiet around here without Little Guy, but I will admit to being in bed at 8:30 last night. :lol

Laundry is going and I plan to finally finish the current scarf. :hook

Archived