Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Morning Ladies,

It's a foggy morning here. Like home being close to the water we get lots of foggy mornings. Today we have are last jam session for the season. A lot of people are like why? We have always gone to the end of march. The guy who sets things up is burned out. He always puts to many coals in the fire. So I understand but will miss it.

Judy, I looked up the spiral blanket and found out it is called swirl not spiral. It is on her blog at www.simpleknits.blogspot.com and on ravelry, she goes by simpleknits and her name is Vicki Mikulak. It is a super easy pattern. What a nice gift DS is going to get from his gf.

Joanne, Glad DD likes her Nook! And May will be here before you know it. We will head home early April. I like to be home for Easter and it's on the 7th. I sure hope it will be as nice when we get home as it is there this week. Sixties all week. It will be mid to upper 70's here. Kind of hard leaving it.

Sabrina, Hope you feel better soon!

Have a nice day everyone!

Thank you for the link - I printed it out!:clap

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back in Pitt :clap

The shower was nice and it was great to catch up with friends that I don't get to see often :yes Unfortunately, it was poorly organized though :shrug She loved the afghan and it was the only homemade item she got :manyheart I left from my parents yesterday and stayed over at a friends house near Hershey overnight to catch up with her as well. I used to see her and her dh every so often and now it's hard. We lived together in undergrad and I was in her wedding about a year and a half ago :yes So it was great to see them too. I left there at 8:30 this morning after they both left for work and got back here around noon. Went to the house, unloaded the car, changed into my scrubs, and headed to the office. I still have to change the clocks in here :lol

Not much else going on, I breezed through the posts pretty quickly I must confess so don't have any individuals to comment on :(

But, I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday to start the week :hug

I made the one skein summer wrap from the Caron website- so it's not really a "shawl" I guess. I used Universal Cotton Supreme yarn and I loved working with it.

The other grandma saw a video of him in the swing- and today she is babysitting when we all go to dinner and the hockey game:manyheart

Beautiful :manyheart:clap

HI all,

What a gorgeous day here in NJ- and even more so because I actually got to be outside today!!! I went for a nice walk and then sat outside on the deck reading for a while.

DD is home safe and sound in Boston and she said it's spring-like up there too!

Marisa- Glad you are home safe and sound, too!!!

Judy- Sounds like DS's GF is quite smitten with him if she has ordered him the 'top of the line' ipad 3!!!! Mmmmm wonder if this is serious and you'll be having a wedding to attend in the not too distant future!!

Marlene- Thanks for the link to that pattern!

I have craft club tonight- and for once, I won't be racing home from work to get there!

Hope you all have a wonderful evening!

Maris, you have a whirlwind life:lol:lol:lol

That's what happens when your young, single, childless....... AND don't have many patients yet at work to occupy all your time :wink:lol I have to enjoy it now because soon enough I'll be complaining that I don't have any time for myself :yes

HI all,

What a gorgeous day here in NJ- and even more so because I actually got to be outside today!!! I went for a nice walk and then sat outside on the deck reading for a while.

DD is home safe and sound in Boston and she said it's spring-like up there too!

Marisa- Glad you are home safe and sound, too!!!

I have craft club tonight- and for once, I won't be racing home from work to get there!

Thanks, glad to hear dd made it home safely too. Have fun at craft club tonight :hug

Judy- Sounds like DS's GF is quite smitten with him if she has ordered him the 'top of the line' ipad 3!!!! Mmmmm wonder if this is serious and you'll be having a wedding to attend in the not too distant future!!

We shall see:D

You'll be so relaxed at craft club the others will be wondering what happened to you!:lol

That's what happens when your young, single, childless....... AND don't have many patients yet at work to occupy all your time :wink:lol I have to enjoy it now because soon enough I'll be complaining that I don't have any time for myself :yes

:lol:lol:lol That's precisely where DS is at in his life...he's presently counting down the days till his vacation in May!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Glad you had a nice day on your last day off.

Marisa, Glad you had a nice time catching up with your friends. Glad you made it home safely.

I added another 4 1/2 rows to the baby ghan today at the jam session. And they decided to keep it for another week. We had 25 musicians and lots of spectators.

We skyped with Maya tonight. She didn't go to school today she got sick twice late last night. She said her belly was feeling better now. She made a journal of her trip to California and showed it and read it to us.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Good morning!

Marlene --How sweet that Maya shared her journal with you! Wow- that jam session sounds like it's fun with 25 musicians!! That's great that they decided to do it again next week!

Marisa- Glad you are home safe and sound! That was great that you broke up the trip home with a stop-over at your friends in Hershey!

It was a glorious day yesterday- a great way to end a wonderful 3 day weekend. Now it's back to Paradise---and the catch up from yesterday!

Hope you all have a good Tuesday--

Cindy- thinking about you and your parents!

Linda- Are you resting up or have you been tackling the big clean out for the upcoming move? Hope you are pacing yourself.

Tab- How's little Eli doing? Is he letting you catch some zzzzz's at night?

Val- Are you home from AL?

Marlene, Maya sounds like a super bright girl! A journal!!:clap

Joanne, I hope work isn't too rough today.

It's raining here...and my joints told me that during the night. TG for hot water...jumped in the shower first thing!:c9

Grocery shopping today after my WW meeting, then hopefully some hook and book time. I've started Book 2 in the Hunger Games trilogy:)

Have a good day, everyone:hug:manyheart

Good morning everyone. It's a lovely day here in Canada, sunny and supposed to be quite warm. Yesterday was gloomy and rainy here. My dd's said that at home we had hail and tornado warnings.

Joanne, sounds like you had a wonderful time with your dd's.

Marisa, soon enough you will be busy and wondering how to carve out some time for yourself.

Marlene, I love reading about your relationship with Maya. Hope she feels better today.

Thanks for all the support ladies. My mom is doing as well as can be expected. She looks good, but doesn't speak hardly at all, unless directly addressed and even then not always. My dad is doing poorly, but this is not unexpected. He barely eats, although he was quite talkative and cheerful yesterday when I was there. Unless something changes, this won't last long.

Good morning ladies :hi

I did very little crocheting last night, but that's better than none :yes Had some errands to run this morning. Need to make some phone calls and then clean up some things my dad brought home for me from his work that they were throwing away :D

Marlene - I hope Maya continues to feel better and how creative to make a journal of her trip :yay WTG adding to your baby ghan.

Joanne - I hope it's a great day in paradise :hug

Judy - I hope your joints are feeling a bit better by now. Great idea to go to the market AFTER your ww meeting....you'll be in the right mindset to not buy extra junk :yes

Cindy - Glad you missed the hail and tornado warning in the warm Canadian sun. Continued prayers for your parents and you as well :hug At least your dad has some upbeat times still :yes

Good Morning, Ladies. I never made it to the 'Villle yesterday...just caught up on posts, though. :)

Cindy ~ It must be so hard to see both of your parents so sick. :hug Take care of yourself and know we are all sending hugs and prayers.

Marisa ~ Your long weekend sounds great! It's so neat that you got to catch up with friends and see your family, too!

Sabrina ~ I hope you're feeling much better now. There have been a lot of "bugs" going around in our area...DH and I have escaped so far. :xfin

Marlene ~ Love the Maya updates. :D Enjoy the rest of your stay at the coast. :manyheart

Hi to everyone at the House. :waving I'm off to pick up Gracie from the groomers.

Hi, Mary and Marisa!

Mary, don't you just love to snuggle against a freshly washed dog? Lucy had one bath last year - to ease her skin allergies.:lol

Marisa, I ended up taking Aleve for the pain and it seems to have helped a bit. It reminded me of many years ago when I dealt with fibromyalgia.

It's still humid and damp out there, but sunny. I actually have shorts and a tank top on!:eek

Judy, I hope the Aleve continues to help the pain. :manyheart

Gracie did very well at the groomers - after I coaxed her out of my car with treats. Cairns are known for being stubborn on occasion. :lol

Well, we're giving uverse another try...they supposedly have the kinks worked out in our area and two of our neighbors have it now. So I may be without internet for several hours tomorrow - they say it takes about 4 hours to set up everything. DH will be here, so I may go yarn shopping. :D

Hi all,

Mary- I think that is a great idea to go yarn shopping while the uverse guy is there!!!

Judy-I agree with Marisa- Great idea to go shopping for food AFTER WW! How'd you do?

Marisa- I had an "OK" day in Paradise today- the weather outside this afternoon had me wishing I really was in Paradise- LOL--it got sunny and warm!!!

Cindy- Big hugs-:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Judy, I hope the Aleve continues to help the pain. :manyheart

Thanks - it did help somewhat.

Gracie did very well at the groomers - after I coaxed her out of my car with treats. Cairns are known for being stubborn on occasion. :lol

So I've heard:lol:lol:lol

Well, we're giving uverse another try...they supposedly have the kinks worked out in our area and two of our neighbors have it now. So I may be without internet for several hours tomorrow - they say it takes about 4 hours to set up everything. DH will be here, so I may go yarn shopping. :D

good luck with it!

Judy-I agree with Marisa- Great idea to go shopping for food AFTER WW! How'd you do?

I chose not to weigh in today - went to a THursday meeting last week instead of my usual Tuesday - and did very well at weigh in. So next Tuesday I'll get myself back in the regular routine. I do want to get to a lower goal than I'd originally chosen...

Have a good night, my friends - pups are getting sleepy so it's time to go out and do some business before they crash for the night.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, :hug and prayers. It has to be hard seeing both of your parents failing at the same time. It's suppose to be nice through next thursday at home.

Judy & Marisa, Maya's teacher gave the journal and told her to do it on her trip.

Judy, Hope you feel better.

Joanne, Glad paradise was ok.

Mary, Sounds like a plan yarn shopping while u-verse is installed. We are certainly enjoying these warm temps and sunshine. Can't believe it's almost time to go home. All though we haven't picked a day yet.

I was up and out this morning and did laundry. I usually do it in the mid/late afternoon, but it's in the 70's and humid so I wanted it done when it was cooler. I took the blanket with me to work on but it was so sticky already the yarn was just sticking to me so I went and worked on the jigsaw puzzle. I love doing them. This is are 4th or 5th one. Last year

we only did 2.

I did get some crocheting in this afternoon and added 4 more rows. I'll measure it tomorrow.

I'm off. Have a nice night everyone!

Hi Ladies. :) The u-verse person is supposed to be here between 9 and 11...hope it's closer to 9!

Marlene ~ It's been warm and very humid here, too. We had to turn on the a.c. last night! Great progress on the afghan. :clap

Joanne ~ With lovely spring weather, it's so hard to be inside. I hope you can enjoy the evenings now that it's staying light later. :)

I started another scarf in Bernat Satin Sage. It's a light, "springy" color and really nice to work with.

Hi to the whole House! :manyheart Have a wonderful day. :flower

Good morning ladies :hi

The new bernat mcal clue is up and it's more octagons, super easy ones :yes I think I forgot to post a pic of my clue 5 motifs so I'll have to look and see if I have one with me. I think I took one with the ipad so if I email it to myself I can upload it from the computer :yes Such a bummer that I can't upload it straight from there :(

I worked on my sisters fingerless gloves last night with the steeler yarn I got at the festival in Feb. My goal is to have them done by the opening Pirates game :xfin Shouldn't be a problem...it's April 5th.

Joanne - It was gorgeous out yesterday...I got it the car in the afternoon and it said 76 :eek I think it's supposed to be nice all week with some light rain tomorrow. Supposed to be nice for St Patty's Day :clap:yay Maryann is coming out and is catching the super late bus tomorrow night. She gets in at about 12:30 AM (between Thurs & Fri) and will leave on Monday.

Next weekend is the bachelorette party for my friend and I'll get to meet up with the Jersey ladies :wink That will really be a whirlwind trip :whew But, another friend is coming with me so I'll have company for the ride :clap We used to live together in Long Island through our clinic/internship. I'm not sure if we're leaving late Thurs or wait until Fri morning to leave :think Her office is already closed on Friday, but she doesn't want to close on Thurs since she'll be missing Saturday. But she has to talk to her dh and let him know she's going (which he had no clue of :rofl) but he is such a sweetheart :manyheart We all graduated together, so we're all chiros and they got married shortly after in Puerto Rico (in her hometown....me and steph went and it was absolutely gorgeous) and settled here (his hometown) :blah :blah :blah I guess I gave a lot more info than was necessary :lol Anyhow, her Aunt is going to be in NYC so when I meet up with you ladies, she'll be going to meet her Aunt :D And then it will be trouble by night :devil

OK, I'm done :blah :blah :blah

Joanne - Another beautiful day on deck :sun (I was also looking for a drink with a fruity garnish and an umbrella, but there wasn't one :( )

Judy - Glad to hear your meeting went well, good idea to hold off on weighing in to get yourself back on schedule :yes

Marlene - :yay for getting the laundry done. I love doing jigsaw puzzles too (well, all kinds of puzzles actually :lol )

Mary - Can't wait to see your scarf. Did the u-verse guy get there? Are you out yarn shopping? :bounce

Helloooooooo House,

I got back this morning around 1am. Thanks for the well wishes for a safe trip.

My best friend had to bring her daughter over for a follow up check up. I caught a ride back to Birmingham with them. I spent Saturday with her at her house and then she drove me to Alabaster to my sister's house. I went to church with my other best friend, spent some time with my mom's only living brother (78 years old), one of my first cousins and then the rest of the evening with my sister and her dh.

On Monday, I rested and crochet some during the day. I went to evening prayer and out to dinner with my best friend and my sister that drove in from Atlanta. I spent the remainder of the evening with my youngest sister that still lives in Alabama.

On yesterday, spent the day with cousin and she helped me locate the important papers I went to Alabama to look for. I started teaching her how to crochet. My sister that lives here in Atlanta had to go back to work the polls. Spent the rest of the evening with youngest sister, her dh and son while I waited for sister at the polls to finish up. We left Alabaster about 10pm...made 1 drink/snack stop.

It was a successful trip because I found the papers. I had the added benefit of my family members.

Started the second baby blanket...need 6 more squares and then I can put it together. I'll post pictures as soon as I'm done.

Cindy - :hug. Lifting your parents:hug, you and the family up in prayer.

Marisa - I'm glad you had a wonderful trip this weekend. I have to catch up on the MCAL. Lost my motivation for a minute. I'm going to get back on board as soon as I finish this baby blanket.

Mary - It takes about 2 1/2 -3 hours to get to Alabaster.

Judy - Happy belated Birthday to little Lucy.

Joanne - I am so glad you had all 3 daughters this time. I plan to visit a friend in beantown a little later in the year. I felt like your daughter about having a hard copy of a book. I'm slowly warming up to an Ereader. I got my fingers crossed that someone will buy me one for my birthday in July.

Linda - It's good to hear that you're taking some much need time for yourself to rest and relax.

Marlene - I love it that you're enjoying yourself. I still journal myself. Maybe this is something Maya will continue for a long time.

Sabrina - I hope you're feeling better.

Tab - I hope you're getting some time for yourself.

Julie - I hope you had a great time with Cam this weekend.

I think I got everybody. If I miss someone, charge it to my head and not my heart. I love you guys.

Well, I'm off to do some crocheting.

Good morning everyone. It's a lovely day here in Canada, sunny and supposed to be quite warm. Yesterday was gloomy and rainy here. My dd's said that at home we had hail and tornado warnings.

Thanks for all the support ladies. My mom is doing as well as can be expected. She looks good, but doesn't speak hardly at all, unless directly addressed and even then not always. My dad is doing poorly, but this is not unexpected. He barely eats, although he was quite talkative and cheerful yesterday when I was there. Unless something changes, this won't last long.

:hug :hug :hug It's hard when they are failing so fast, but you are getting some time to get ready for it. :hug :hug :hug

I am making a point of sleeping as much as my body declares necessary each day and then doing as much sorting and packing/pitching as I can during the rest of the day, but with breaks. I've read three books and have a fourth started. I'm making steady progress. Rosie and I went to lunch together today at a place we both like.

John and Kim made the trip in 3 days and are having lots of fun with the family and grandkids. The property is bigger than John remembered and so is the house. They're meeting with the guy who's going to be supervising the work on moving and remodeling the house for us and in general being very busy. Kim is doing well.

Love you all. :manyheart

Archived