Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi everyone. :) There has been a lot going on and I'm ready for it all to stop. ;) It seems like every day something has kept me from being here more and from crocheting, too! That's my whining for today. :lol

Valerie ~ It's so exciting that you're selling some things! :clap

Judy ~ Our paper had a similar headline - "What Winter?" :) Yes, my internet is working fine and is the fastest it's ever been! We are loving the TV choices and I still haven't figured out everything we can do yet. :lol There is even a "Favorites" option. If the phone rings, it shows who is calling on the TV screen. I know we are behind on all the techie stuff, but this sure is fun!

Hi Tabby! How are you doing? I hope Eli is sleeping a little longer for you now. :c9

Marisa ~ Your weekend sounds so fun! We've been in the 70s and 80s, but are expecting severe storms this evening with a cool front to follow.

Joanne ~ So glad the weather was good for your time with the little ones. :)

I've barely started a baby ripple using the Attic 24 pattern. Love the colors...Vanna's Sweet Pea, Little Boy Blue and White. It will be for Project Linus, unless DD claims it for a baby gift. :hook

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick pop in

Gorgeous day- 79 degrees!! Sunny and warm

Love those colors Mary! I made my GS a blanket and those colors were part of it, including goldfinch and ducky!

Marisa- Glad you had a great time this past weekend and I am looking forward to seeing you next weekend!! (and of course Judy and Phyllis)

Cindy- Thinking of you!

Tab- How's things going with you?

Val- thanks for the color info- no Hobby Lobby here, but, they are going to be opening one about 5 min away from work! Yipee!!!!

Time to go to craft club- will probably make it a short night since my stepdaughter is still here- but she said to go and have fun--so I will!!! Plus grandson is sleeping now!

Hugs to you all!

Val- Woo-hoo!!! Nice that you are making some $ off your hobby!!! What afghan are you making for the Alabama ghan? My stepdaughter's fiance is a huge "Roll Tide" fan and I'm thinking maybe I should make them a Roll tide colored afghan for their Christmas gift this year!

I copied a copy of a Bama Flag and printed it on graph paper. I'll post a picture when I get a chance.

Hello everyone, just stopping in to say hi. The funeral is tomorrow and hopefully we will be home on Wednesday.

Will be thinking of you and your family on tomorrow. Lifting you up in prayer always :hug

Thanks everybody for your compliments on the blankets.

Have a good night all.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Prayers continue for you and your family. :hug

Joanne, How nice to be able to spend time with both grandbabies and your stepdaughter. Glad you had a nice weekend to.

Linda, Glad you got to play this weekend. Hope you don't over work yourself.

Marisa, Glad you had a fun weekend with Mary and everyone else. I did get my trimmed and thined.

Val, :clap for selling items you make.

Mary, Those are some really nice colors for your baby ripple.

Tab, Hope things are well at your house.

Hi to all those we haven't seen lately.

Are St.Patty's dinner was yummy. Corn beef with cabbage, carrots and potatoes with pisatcho pudding for dessert. The bean bag baseball game was fun.

I defrosted the refrigerator yesterday. I found out I can't fill the top shelf in the refrigerator as it makes the vents ice up.

I told Maya we will be home for Easter. Boy I hope it don't get cold. We will probably leave here on the 2nd. Don't know if we will stop at hubby's sisters or not.

I think I'm done with the babyghan.

Have a nice tuesday everyone!

Good morning

Cindy-keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers

Marlene. Your St Pat's day dinner sounds deliious. Enjoy the rest of your time in TX. I bet Maya can't wait to see you

Val. Looking forward to the pics of the Ghan

Everyone Else. Wishing you a great Tuesday

Hi all

Long time ,no see ,AGAIN . ...

Cindy

I'm so very sorry for your loss . :hug

A shout out to everyone else . I'm once again too far behind to make up for all the lost days ,so will just say hello to all and hope everyone is doing well ,feeling well,and keeping busy .

You all enjoy this great weather. What has happened to winter ? It was sure the best one I can ever remember ,weatherwise . VERY little snow, LOTS of sunshine . :)

80 today ----- should I lay out in my bikini to get a tan ? I guess it depends on if I want to go to jail for indecent exposure .:D

'morning, ladies!

Judy - Did you receive the pattern yet? How far along are you on the hooded baby blanket? See you soon :wink

Not yet:think

The hooded blanket needsjust a little more length and thenI make the hood. It'll be done in plenty of time for the baby sprinkle in April.:hook

Hi everyone. :) There has been a lot going on and I'm ready for it all to stop. ;) It seems like every day something has kept me from being here more and from crocheting, too! That's my whining for today. :lolWe're all allowed "whine time":hug

Judy ~ Our paper had a similar headline - "What Winter?" :) Yes, my internet is working fine and is the fastest it's ever been! We are loving the TV choices and I still haven't figured out everything we can do yet. :lol There is even a "Favorites" option. If the phone rings, it shows who is calling on the TV screen. I know we are behind on all the techie stuff, but this sure is fun!

We have that TV feature with the phone, too...very handy!

I've barely started a baby ripple using the Attic 24 pattern. Love the colors...Vanna's Sweet Pea, Little Boy Blue and White. It will be for Project Linus, unless DD claims it for a baby gift. :hook

Oh, that's going to be pretty!!!:cheer

Hello everyone, just stopping in to say hi. The funeral is tomorrow and hopefully we will be home on Wednesday.

Love and hugs, my friend:hug:hug:hug

Good Morning. :rain We've had 5 inches of rain since last night! It's still pouring and Gracie is still barking at the thunder. :rolleyes

Cindy ~ Lots of hugs coming your way as you go through today. :hug Thank you for checking in...we're all thinking about you and your family. :hug

Marlene ~ Way to go on finishing the baby ghan! The St. Patrick's meal sounds yummy.

Julie ~ I'd be keeping you company in jail if I were to wear a bikini. :wink I hope you're doing well...are you working on anything now?

Judy ~ Can't wait to see your hooded blanket!

How many of you will be at the meet-up this weekend? I know you'll have a wonderful visit!

No way am I going out in this kind of rain this a.m. - hope to run errands later, though. Have a good morning, everyone.

Hi Jude

Hope you get the shawl pattern soon so we can see how it looks when completed .

What colors are you using for the baby blankie ?

Mary

Sorry you are having a big old rainstorm today .Might make up for the drought later on in the summer that your state sometimes gets. Youi guys have pretty low rainfall in the summer,don't you, or only once in awhile ?

The new fancy system you have for phone,tv and internet sounds really neat . We don't have cable or satellite tv ,but have pretty fast internet service .

I'm still kinda dabbling on the cross stitch stuff .I dont enjoy it as much as yarn-related crafts,so it's slow going. I do a little and toss it in the corner for a bit .

How about you,are you getting any crocheting in lately ?

Good afternoon House,

I took a Zyrtec last night and woke up about an hour ago. I would go back out if I get back in the bed. It takes 2 days for me to sleep it off.

Mary - If I do get to go to my Aunt's this summer, we'll have to make plans to meet. We NEED rain here in Georgia. Your ghan sounds wonderful. Can't wait for pictures.

Julie - It's good to hear from you. I hope all is well. The weather is beautiful here but the pollen count is almost 9400 (Georgia). We broke a record yesterday with almost 8200.

Judy - are you making the hoodie on the Caron Pounder yarn wrapper? What yarn are you using? I made the one I'm speaking of years ago for a friend. Can't wait to see pictures.

Marlene - thanks, sounds like you're having a ball. Is this something you do every year?

Tab, Marisa, Joanne, Linda and the rest of the gang, have a wonderful afternoon.

Cindy - praying with you and for you and the family :hug.

BBL.

:hug :hug :hug

Hi all

Long time ,no see ,AGAIN . ...

Cindy

I'm so very sorry for your loss . :hug

A shout out to everyone else . I'm once again too far behind to make up for all the lost days ,so will just say hello to all and hope everyone is doing well ,feeling well,and keeping busy .

You all enjoy this great weather. What has happened to winter ? It was sure the best one I can ever remember ,weatherwise . VERY little snow, LOTS of sunshine . :)

80 today ----- should I lay out in my bikini to get a tan ? I guess it depends on if I want to go to jail for indecent exposure .:D

:rofl :rofl :rofl Oh Julie, you crack me up.

Good day everyone. I got more done on the packing yesterday and the guys came and moved boxes for me. The downstairs is looking more and more bare every day. :sigh Oh well. The move date keeps changing. It went from August to June and now it's back to August.

Val

Hope the pollen gets better down there. I bet all your flowering bushes, etc are all out by now, aren't they ? I remember being down south this time of year and it's so pretty with all the bushes and trees starting to bloom ,but it'd be rough if you have allergies.

Our forsythia bushes are blooming out back, so it looks great. Very mush earlier than usual,though. It's usually in May .

Linda

Don't work too hard on the packing and moving . What are they doing with the boxes, putting them in storage for now,or do they already have a place they are stacking them up ? I'm sorry I didn't remember if you said they were building a house or buying one already there .

Are you getting excited about moving ?

Good afternoon everyone :eek

Wow, I've had a busy day and this was the first chance I got to get on here. I did have a new patient this morning :clap Then I had to run to the bank and target, so I decided to go by subway for lunch in my travels since I had a buy one get one 6" sub coupon....so I have lunch already here for tomorrow now too :yes

After I came back I ate and then I finished up putting the new patient paperwork in the computer and learned a new feature for the software program :yay

I still have some other things I'd like to get done here today, so this is just a fly by and I just did a quick breeze through the posts. I made an octagon last night for the mcal and still have 3 to do before tomorrow's new clue :think Still way way behind on the knitting. But it's been a rough couple weeks for finding the time to :hook

I'm gonna run, but Cindy.....I'll have you and your family in my prayers a little extra tomorrow :hug :hug :hug

Hi Jude

Hope you get the shawl pattern soon so we can see how it looks when completed .

What colors are you using for the baby blankie ?

One color - pink. It's the pattern on thewrapper of the Pound of Love. I do like the pattern alot, but it's boring:blush:P

Judy - are you making the hoodie on the Caron Pounder yarn wrapper? What yarn are you using? I made the one I'm speaking of years ago for a friend. Can't wait to see pictures.

Yup:hook using the yarn too...I'm happy with the quality of the yarn...:)

Val

Hope the pollen gets better down there. I bet all your flowering bushes, etc are all out by now, aren't they ? I remember being down south this time of year and it's so pretty with all the bushes and trees starting to bloom ,but it'd be rough if you have allergies.

Our forsythia bushes are blooming out back, so it looks great. Very mush earlier than usual,though. It's usually in May .

Julie everything is beautiful. You'd think spring started a while back. I just wish the pollen wasn't so bad that we have to stay inside. My little great niece (8 years old) can not go outside for recess during this time. Her allergies are worst than mine!

Good afternoon everyone :eek

Wow, I've had a busy day and this was the first chance I got to get on here. I did have a new patient this morning :clap Then I had to run to the bank and target, so I decided to go by subway for lunch in my travels since I had a buy one get one 6" sub coupon....so I have lunch already here for tomorrow now too :yes

After I came back I ate and then I finished up putting the new patient paperwork in the computer and learned a new feature for the software program :yay

I still have some other things I'd like to get done here today, so this is just a fly by and I just did a quick breeze through the posts. I made an octagon last night for the mcal and still have 3 to do before tomorrow's new clue :think Still way way behind on the knitting. But it's been a rough couple weeks for finding the time to :hook

I'm gonna run, but Cindy.....I'll have you and your family in my prayers a little extra tomorrow :hug :hug :hug

I'm glad business is picking. Isn't it nice knowing that you don't have to worry about lunch for tomorrow? I finished another octagon today. I still have 4 more on clue 5 and everything on clue 3 & 4. I'll try to get everything caught up by this weekend. Working on the items I'm making money on has gotten me behind.

Have a good evening everybody!!!!

Hi everyone!

My house is quiet again! Stepdaughter and family have gone to her sister's house for the evening and a trek to NYC tomorrow. It was nice while they were here, but it's also nice to have the house to ourselves again!

It was great seeing them and getting to know the little one!!!

The weather was gorgeous again here today- and I'm afraid what the summer is going to bring- no snow to speak of and very little rain so far, but I'll enjoy this weather while it is here!!!

Marisa- Yay for a new patient!!!! And for finding something new with your software!

Mary- Wow 5 inches of rain!! It'll help come summer, though!! And no worries about the "whining" We all need to vent at times, and all understand!!!

Linda- I was thinking the same thing as Julie- where are you putting the boxes that are packed?

Julie- Good to see a post from you!

Val- It seems that allergies are bad this year- thankfully I don't have them, but unfortunately my youngest DD does! Did you get in any crochet time or did you go back to sleep?

Judy- I've made the pattern on the wrapper too- it's very similar to or the same as the Baby Bubbles blanket pattern. I like the texture and yes, it is boring- but you know me--the more mindless it is, the more I like it!

Have a good evening friends!

Val

Linda

Don't work too hard on the packing and moving . What are they doing with the boxes, putting them in storage for now,or do they already have a place they are stacking them up ? I'm sorry I didn't remember if you said they were building a house or buying one already there .

Are you getting excited about moving ?

Pollen count is indeed atrocious. My red car is now yellow from it. The one I'm most allergic to isn't out yet, but there are buds on it.

The boxes are going in the part of the downstairs that isn't finished off. Only about 1/3 of it is finished, but quite a bit has plastic over the dirt so they'll be okay. I've packed 6 more this afternoon. More and more shelves are being emptied. I actually had the TV on today to recorded shows that I can listen to and don't really have to watch more than now and then.

Decided it was time for some food and a short break. Then I hope to do some more before bedtime.

Joanne, I went back to bed. I had to pick my nephew up from work at 4:30. We went to my sisters. I did get a chance to crochet 1 octagon. I've been playing slingo on facebook. I'll probably do a little crocheting now. We get a new clue tomorrow.

Good morning and happy hump day all!

I'm just getting up. I think I still have some zyrtec to sleep off. I have to take nephew to work and then I'm going to make myself stay up.

A new clue comes out at 10 am for the MCAL and I need to get caught up as well as get on the Bama ghan.

Cindy :hug:hug.

Have a great day ladies.

BBL.

Good morning ladies :hi

I made 1 1/2 octagons for the mcal last night and I still have that much more to go on last weeks clue and this week clue should be coming out right now as I'm posting :think My sister is still on clue 1, but she's had an insanely busy 3 weeks :yes We're going to dinner tonight for one of her coworkers birthdays, which was yesterday.

I was up at 6 and couldn't go back to sleep again, didn't get to sleep until about 1-1:30ish :eek I got up and made bfast for my sister and I before she left and then I got myself ready (and tried to find something in my closet appropriate for a bachelorette party with the early family group and the later 'trouble' group :rofl

Since I was early, I went for a walk and met a couple neighbors :yes I have open hours 10-12 so want to be here just in case by some miracle somebody walks in :yes:shrug Then I'll go for another walk to the places that were closed earlier and in the other direction down the street :think May as well take advantage of this weather.

Val - It is nice to know that I don't have to worry about lunch today :yes I'm just a little behind on the mcal now too, it was a busy weekend.

Joanne - You must be still getting acclimated (sp?) to the time changes :think I guess you're finding the sleep that I'm losing :lol

Linda - WTG on your packing :yay Good idea to record the tv shows :yes

Good afternoon all. I've been sleeping lots and am finally starting to have a little bit of energy. I got 6 boxes packed yesterday, but am going to repack 2 of them. I'm going to put the yarn in a plastic bag inside the boxes to give them another layer of protection.

The move date has changed again, from end of June to end of August, which is a huge relief. There is soooo much to do that I was dreading how it would all get done in that short a time frame.

Hope you all have a good day. :manyheart

Linda, good idea to bag the yarn! Lots of critters could get into it. When my youngest brother moved to NC he was bitten by a spider in the storage place they kept their things while waiting for the house to be ready. He got really sick.

Marisa, Joanne and Phyllis: we'll be sitting across from each other in 3 days!:clap:cheer

Hi to everyone else...

Archived