Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi all,

Marisa- I guess I AM 'catching the sleep you are losing" But I'll take it in a heartbeat!

Linda- Glad that you have 2 extra months- that's a much more doable time frame to get moved!!! Great idea to put the yarn in plastic bags! Yarn is very precious cargo as you know!!!

Val- Hope the Zyrtec wore off, but that you weren't too miserable from the allergies!!

To the rest of the house- thinking of all of you!!!

I can't wait to meet up either, Judy, Marisa and Phyllis!!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

Mary, We caught the tail end of the storm that gave you 5". Are road flooded in areas but cleared up in a couple of hours.

Val, This is are 4th winter in Texas. Hope your feeling better soon.

Marisa, :clap for the new patient.

Joanne, :clap for the quiet house again. It's always nice having company but it's also nice to have your home back to yourself.

Julie, Nice to see around again.

Judy, Your so fast with all your projects.

Cindy, :hug

Linda, Glad you have a couple of extra months to pack. I'll start packing things up next week.

I'm going to mail the babyghan off to Maya tomorrow. I had crafts this morning I showed another lady how to do the post stitch-front, back, double, triple and double triple.

We had a hot dog roast/potluck lunch today. There's a guy here who has it every year. This year was his 14th year.

I'll catch you all tomorrow. Have a nice thursday!

Good morning everyone. I think I've spent too much time sitting around doing nothing lately. I am wide awake and have been since about 5 AM.

We got home yesterday afternoon.

I did not take any crafting to my parent's home. However, I noticed that my mom had a knitting project laying around, and since she is unable to knit anymore, I worked on it a bit. The ladies group at their church makes bandages for lepers. They are just long knit strips made for a thin cotton yarn, so easy knitting. Apparently you just knit until your skein of ayrn is gone.

It is odd weather here, hot and summer like. (Most years we still have snow in March.) Yesterday was in the mid 80's and if it wasn't March, our A/C would have been on.

Today it will be back to normal life, laundry, cleaning, and a trip to the grocery store. We also have to take dh's car in for a "checkup". It was acting up on our way home.

Good morning!

Cindy- I'm glad to hear you are home safe and sound. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with the check up on DH's car!

Marlene- That's great that you've taught your friend all those crochet stitches. I'm sure she really appreciates having a great teacher! Have fun with your remaining time in TX

Mary- I'll try to remember to have pics taken on Saturday!

Off to get ready- can't believe it's almost 6:15!!!!!

Have a great day everyone

Dusti- Thinking about you!

Hi, Cindy:hug:manyheart:hug

Marlene, it's funny, but I don't think I'm that fast with my projects.:think

Hi, Mary:hook

Well, the umpteenth morning with close to zero visibilty in some places here in NJ because of the fog. So many trees have beautiful full branches already - pink, white...like Cindythere have been some March months when we've had snow:eek

Wierd.

My hooded baby ghan is done...will post a pic sometime today - need to find a model for it first:lol

HAve a good day, my friends....

Good morning all,

I've done all my taxi runs. I don't have to go back out until 2 pm.

Marlene - what part of Texas? Will we get a picture of Maya's baby ghan? I discovered that Mary live about 25 minutes from Burleson, Tx...my mom's youngest sister lives there.

We are waiting for the rain to come from Alabama. It must be the storm that came through Texas.

Wishing everybody a great Thursday.

Good morning ladies :hi

I finished up my octagons for last weeks mystery cal clue :yay Now I'll bring this weeks with me over the weekend. I'm leaving tonight to go to my parents and then tomorrow night is Newark :clap And then Saturday morning :bounce :bounce Oh boy, oh boy....I can't wait to see you ladies :ghug

I packed this morning as I was getting ready and all that's left is some crafting to pull together. I wasn't sure what was coming with me but when I got here and saw some slight changes others made to this weeks clue, I think I like it a bit better than the way its written :think So, I'll go with it now :yes

Judy - :yay for finishing up the hooded babyghan

Joanne - I slept in until 8 today :wink

Marlene - :clap Maya's going to love the ghan and a hot dog roast sounds wonderful...I love hot dogs :lol

Cindy - Glad you seem to be doing alright and :yay for working on your mom's knitting project, how is she doing? Welcome back to normal life and I'm continuing to send prayers your way :hug

Val - Have fun waiting for the rain....maybe you should do the rain dance :think:lol

Hi guys

Quick stop in --

Cindy ,I'm glad you made it back home . :hug

Jude--will be watching for your babyghan photo .

Marisa

You have some fun planned ! Someone take a photo of you guys together this weekend .

Howdy Joanne, Marlene, Val ,Linda ....sorry I am forgetting people -- howdy to everyone that I missed ..

Tab

How about an updated photo of the little sweetheart ? I bet his looks have changed quite a bit --they look so differently in the first few weeks than they do as time goes on .

Nothing new here --Cam is coming tomorrow as usual . His little sister fell off the trampoline and broke her arm 2 days ago,but it hasnt slowed her down a bit. I stopped down to see her last night and she was swimming ! Sure wish I had a 2 year old's energy .

Thought I'd post this clip here -- hope it works --since it has to do with crocheting -- THIS would take lots of work,but looks SO neat and such a great way to support the community that had the school shootings a couple weeks ago .

http://fox8.com/2012/03/19/weekend-events-bring-more-support-for-chardon/#ooid=NraDk2NDq1pz3dEPv-63BA6XNZvE-viG

** Roll halfway down to the short video .

Hi guys

Nothing new here --Cam is coming tomorrow as usual . His little sister fell off the trampoline and broke her arm 2 days ago,but it hasnt slowed her down a bit. I stopped down to see her last night and she was swimming ! Sure wish I had a 2 year old's energy .

WOw...poor little one. Glad she's too young to feel any issues about it!

I'd post this clip here -- hope it works --since it has to do with crocheting -- THIS would take lots of work,but looks SO neat and such a great way to support the community that had the school shootings a couple weeks ago .

http://fox8.com/2012/03/19/weekend-events-bring-more-support-for-chardon/#ooid=NraDk2NDq1pz3dEPv-63BA6XNZvE-viG

Wow...that's amazing!

Judy - I love your babyghan. The furbies are cute too.

Julie - That video of the tree is amazing.

Cindy - glad you made it home safely. Continuously praying for you and your family :hug.

Marisa - The rain finally made it to Alabama about an hour ago. Hopefully, we'll have some by morning. You wouldn't want me to dance. The rain would go away!!!:eek

Hi all,

Great pics of Sparkie and Lucy, Judy!!! And love that model you found for the pretty babyghan!!!

Julie- That was a really neat video- thanks for sharing!

Marisa- Safe travels- Can't wait till Sat AM!!!

Val- Hope you had a good afternoon and that you got some rain- and remember-don't dance- LOL

We could use rain also, but if it's going to rain, it can wait till Monday!!!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Glad you got back safely. It's nice you were able to pick up your Mom's project and work a way on it. Isn't this years weather strange. It was actually warmer at home than here in Texas.

Judy, Nice finish on the hooded blanket, cute model to. The furbabies are cute to.

Marisa, I took a pic and will see if I can post it or not. If not I will have my son help me when I get home.

Val, We are about 30 miles north of Corpus Christy. Were on the gulf side.

Julie, Thanks for sharing the video. Pretty cool what crocheters will do to show support.

Joanne, Judy, Marisa, and Phyllis enjoy your meet up saturday.

My neighbors are leaving early in the morning so she will probably unhook all the computer stuff tonight. If not tomorrow it will be sunday before I get back on. We have to cook the appreciation lunch saturday. Then we are having bingo. Not sure that I will play though.

Hoping to chat with Maya tonight if her Mom doesn't get back home from an all day meeting in Detroit.

I'll catch you all soon!.

Hi all, and welcome to Friday!!!:clap:clap

Marisa- Hope you are safe and sound at your parents and can't wait to see you tomorrow! (and Judy and Phyllis) :manyheart

Marlene- See you when you can get back on- enjoy the rest of your stay in TX- and can't wait to see the pictures --even if it's not til you get home to MI

Lots of folks talking about the Hunger Games- I haven't read the books but think I may just have to check them out.

Judy- you mentioned that you read it didn't you? Maybe Marisa too? Cindy? I can't remember.:think

Off to get ready- have a great day my friends:hug

'morning, ladies!

Thanks for all the sweet compliments on ghan and furples, too...

Lots of folks talking about the Hunger Games- I haven't read the books but think I may just have to check them out.

You can download a free sample...I read book one for my book club - in 3 days! Borrowed book 2 from my friend's 13 yo when she finished it...and since she was only at the beginning on book 3 I bought it on my Kindle for 7 dollars:D

Judy- you mentioned that you read it didn't you? Maybe Marisa too? Cindy? I can't remember.:think

Off to get ready- have a great day my friends:hug

I was totally hooked on the book! I'm nearly 3/4 finished with the last book in the series.

It was an engrossing, character-driven read. It kept me turning the pages!

The book lub organizer, who got the book for her 13 yo DD (who almost NEVER reads anything) was told by the clerk at B&N that SHE (my friend) will love it. My friend said, no, it's for my daughter.,...she repeated, YOU will love it! And on the recommendation of her DD she made it last month's pick. It was a great move and was responsible for a lot of discussion, comparing today withthesetting of the book, etc.

Good morning. Much cooler here today, and rainy. It got up to 90 here yesterday and I discovered that the A/C in my car does not work. Guess what will be getting fixed as soon as the shop can get it in?

I found the neatest thrift store yesterday. Lots of nice stuff and generally very low prices. They did have some mid nice century modern furniture that was way overpriced, (in my opinion), but according to their advertising, the designer of those $375 each bright blue plastic chairs was famous. (I did not like the chairs, although I do like some modern stuff) I plan to go back to the store and take a better look around. Yesterday I just stopped in and walked through.

Judy, lovely blanket and love the Sparkie and Lucy pictures. Happy birthday to your ds.

Not me, the entire premise of the books is totally unappealing to me. I don't know if my dd's read them or not, but several of my co-workers have recommended them to me.

Today is DS's birthday -

He's 37.

When did I get old enough to have a 37 yo?:eek

Jude

A Happy Birthday to your son. Today is Sam's birthday ,too .. 54 today.

I know what you mean about when you hear the ages of your kids,it makes you feel older somehow, doesn't it ? Like where did all those years go ?

The baby blankie is beautiful and the picture of your pups waiting for you at the door is so cute .

Good morning. Much cooler here today, and rainy. It got up to 90 here yesterday and I discovered that the A/C in my car does not work. Guess what will be getting fixed as soon as the shop can get it in?

I found the neatest thrift store yesterday. Lots of nice stuff and generally very low prices. They did have some mid nice century modern furniture that was way overpriced, (in my opinion), but according to their advertising, the designer of those $375 each bright blue plastic chairs was famous. (I did not like the chairs, although I do like some modern stuff) I plan to go back to the store and take a better look around. Yesterday I just stopped in and walked through.

Judy, lovely blanket and love the Sparkie and Lucy pictures.

Not me, the entire premise of the books is totally unappealing to me. I don't know if my dd's read them or not, but several of my co-workers have recommended them to me.

Cindy

Wow, your weather was even hotter than ours yesterday. I think we hit the 80's the last 2 days ,but today feels a bit cooler . Not sure what it'll be on the weekend .

That thrift store sounds neat. I love looking at old things like that ,too. Lots of memories when you see certain items that were around when you were a kid .

I haven't read Hunger Games either. I know they are very popular . I don't know if I'd like them or not . I don't read much of those type of books .

Right now i'm reading one about Abe Lincoln and the start of the Civil War.

Judy - I love your babyghan. The furbies are cute too.

Julie - That video of the tree is amazing.

Cindy - glad you made it home safely. Continuously praying for you and your family :hug.

Marisa - The rain finally made it to Alabama about an hour ago. Hopefully, we'll have some by morning. You wouldn't want me to dance. The rain would go away!!!:eek

Val

I'm glad you got some rain, maybe it'll wash out some of the pollen and your allergies wont bother you as much .

How are you coming on the Bernat CAL ? Are you making it ,too ? I thought you were ,but I lose track sometimes. I know Joanne was, and Marisa is ....

Hi all,

Great pics of Sparkie and Lucy, Judy!!! And love that model you found for the pretty babyghan!!!

Julie- That was a really neat video- thanks for sharing!

Marisa- Safe travels- Can't wait till Sat AM!!!

Val- Hope you had a good afternoon and that you got some rain- and remember-don't dance- LOL

We could use rain also, but if it's going to rain, it can wait till Monday!!!

Joanne

Hope you have fun at the meetup on the weekend ,and get some nice rest since your job is so busy lately.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Glad you got back safely. It's nice you were able to pick up your Mom's project and work a way on it. Isn't this years weather strange. It was actually warmer at home than here in Texas.

Judy, Nice finish on the hooded blanket, cute model to. The furbabies are cute to.

Marisa, I took a pic and will see if I can post it or not. If not I will have my son help me when I get home.

Val, We are about 30 miles north of Corpus Christy. Were on the gulf side.

Julie, Thanks for sharing the video. Pretty cool what crocheters will do to show support.

Joanne, Judy, Marisa, and Phyllis enjoy your meet up saturday.

My neighbors are leaving early in the morning so she will probably unhook all the computer stuff tonight. If not tomorrow it will be sunday before I get back on. We have to cook the appreciation lunch saturday. Then we are having bingo. Not sure that I will play though.

Hoping to chat with Maya tonight if her Mom doesn't get back home from an all day meeting in Detroit.

I'll catch you all soon!.

Hi Marlene

Sounds like your visit down there will soon be over . The weather is very strange,isnt it, with the warm weather up this way so early .

Hope you get to visit with Maya online a bit .She'll be really glad to see you home soon I bet .

Not much up here today. I woke with yet another headache . It's sunny out, Sam took the day off since it's his birthday. We're grilling out steaks for lunch and having cake and ice cream tonite when Cam comes .

Hope you all have a good day .

Good morning everyone. Things are getting barer and barer downstairs. The weather has my joints aching like mad which is not helping. Anyway, I just keep plugging away at things.

Thought I'd post this clip here -- hope it works --since it has to do with crocheting -- THIS would take lots of work,but looks SO neat and such a great way to support the community that had the school shootings a couple weeks ago .

Thanks for sharing this. It's fabulous how the community is pulling together.

Baby ghan...and Furples. They turned at the exact same moment when they heard their "daddy" in the hallway.

Adorable!

...While I was at the store DH took this pic as they waited for me....

They are precious.

:lol:lol:lol

Today is DS's birthday -

He's 37.

When did I get old enough to have a 37 yo?:eek

How did I get old enough to have a 39 year old son? :think I don't know where all the years have gone but they seem to fly by.

Morning Linda

Good to hear from you .It sounds like you are making good progress on the packing . I'm glad you got the chance to rest up .You sound a little more like you have some steam again .

Sorry about the aching joints. Those things are bad,aren't they ? Too bad certain weathers set off certain illnesses . You like to enjoy this time of year, but it's hard if you have things healthwise that get irritated by it .

Do you have much chance at all to work on any of your crafts in the evenings, or is most of your free time taken up by packing ?

Archived