Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning, everyone. :)

Cindy ~ I was so sorry to read about your mom. :hug Take care of yourself and know that we're thinking of you. :ghug

Julie ~ You always have such cool ideas for your reunions! It's about a 7 hour drive to the area where Marlene is staying and where we've gone for many years. We used to make that drive for a weekend at the beach...we were much younger then. :lol

Joanne ~ Yay for finding the Waverly yarn! After the initial displays, our Joann's and Michael's stores haven't stocked it again. :( Your Sunday evening with DD and Ryan sounds so nice. :)

Valerie ~ How exciting to be going to Alabama for a week!

Marisa ~ Loved reading about your weekend! Have you had any crochet time?

Linda ~ I'm glad Kim is doing okay after the long trip. I hope John has a plan and a schedule for the move...and some help lined up! :manyheart

DH got home yesterday afternoon and we worked in the yard for a while. I think I'm caught up on things (again! ;)) and may actually crochet today. :)

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mary

Wow, 7 hours to where Marlene is and you are both in the same state. I guess I forgot the size of your state .We are kinda close to being in the center of the state is we were a little further south . There's no direction we could drive continually and still be in our state . It's probably about 3 hours or less in any direction to be out of the state .

I'm glad the weather is good enough for you to be out in the yard. That's always nice to get out a bit after a long winter in the house .

Hope you get time to crochet today too .

Hi Jude

The X-stitch is V E R Y slow .It goes in spurts. I work on it a bit, then put it down . I spend more time reading than crafts lately . Me too - I just finished book 3 of Hunger Games!

I just finished a book on the Titanic . Coming up on the 100th anniversary of it,so there are lots of new books coming out on it .

How about you ,whatcha doing now ? Get the shawl pattern yet ?

No pattern yet...so I'm getting caught up on a few things here...making saltines, too. Will be getting back to the Old MacDonald animal graphs this week.

Back again ladies

Linda

Maybe you'll get more excited once you see the house or get there . It's probably all the uproar right now with moving. It's a really big job to do .

I hope you don't take this wrong, but would you consider looking for another position when they decide to move ? That way you could stay put in the town you're in and not have to leave your friends and church, etc. You've been there quite a long time, haven't you ?

Not sure how you'd feel about it . I know you are very attached to Kim, but you may be finding it hard to get excited about moving since you'll be leaving all the friendships you have made .

Just a question .... ?

Jules and Linda - I was thinking along similar lines.....

Hello everyone, just want to let you know that my mom passed away this morning.
Oh, sweetie:hug:hug:hug:hug

Back again ladies

Marisa

Wow, you had quite a full weekend of fun . Sounds like everything went well .

Your dinner of "Surf & Turf " sounds good, with you and a friend each getting one item and splitting it .

If WE have Surf and Turf, it's a fish sandwich that you drop on the ground. Pick it up,brush it off and eat it . :D

Did you see any of those NEKKID man dancers you wanted to stuff in your trunk and bring home with you ? :eek:devil

I wish I could have put them all in my trunk to come home with me :wink:rofl

Good morning, everyone. :)

Marisa ~ Loved reading about your weekend! Have you had any crochet time?

DH got home yesterday afternoon and we worked in the yard for a while. I think I'm caught up on things (again! ;)) and may actually crochet today. :)

Just at the meetup Saturday morning and then last night just a little :shrug

Oh Cindy :hug :hug :hug I'm so sorry :hug :hug :hug

Cindy ~ Sending lots of love and prayers to you and your family.:hug

Hi House ~ I received another email from jury services. I'm to report at 12:30 instead of 8 tomorrow. Fine with me! They must be picking a jury tomorrow and starting the trial Wednesday. :think I have another scarf started and will take that with me. No scissors are allowed, but crochet hooks are. :chook

Jude

Is the Old McDonald one of Cara's patterns or something else ?

Marisa

Sounds like you need to bring a bigger suitcase next time you see some of them nekkid dancers so you can bring you home a souvenier . :D

Mary

I hope they choose someone else for your jury duty tomorrow so you dont end up having to do it if you dont want to .

Joanne

How was your day at work ? You have craft club tonite too dont you ?

Jude

Is the Old McDonald one of Cara's patterns or something else ?

It's from one of the Heirloom Afghan books - not sure which one, since I tore out the patterns I wanted and ditched the book:lol

Good morning!

Julie- Yes, had craft club last night and I worked on the RR for one of the twins my DD's Sis- in- law is having. The one for the boy twin- two shades of Bernat Waverly blue (classic navy and blue gown are the names) with birch white. The twins aren't due till end of July, but I don't want to have to make 2 blankets in a row, so figured I'd do one now, work on something else and then make the one for the girl twin. For the girl I'm going to use pink/brown/cream- with some variegeted "neopolitan" yarn thrown in!

Mary- Hope that jury duty ends up only being a one day affair, but that you get some good crocheting in. I was able to make a scarf when I had jury duty!

Marisa- Glad you made it home safe and sound! And sounds like you had a blast this weekend at the party! Busy, busy, busy!!!

Judy- Bundle up this morning- it's below freezing!!! Crazy weather for sure, but it is still March and we were spoiled for a few weeks there!

Oops- just checked the time---so to everyone else- thinking about you!!!!

Morning all

Wow, where did I put my Long Johns ? It's freezing today ! :eek

Hard to get used to after so many nice days in a row .

Joanne

I bet the babyghans will be so pretty ,to be for twins and matching patterns like that . The colors sound pretty .

Jude

Yea, I did that before too, tore out certain patterns if I only liked one or two and pitched the rest of the booklet .

Howdy to everyone else .. Will check in later today .

'morning, peeps!

Quick visit here...WW meetng this AM - they're such a great group and without them (and the meetings) I hate to think how out of control my eating would be!

End of advert;)

Later, gators!:hug:manyheart

Good morning everyone. Sunshine again today. Kim's doctor visit went well yesterday. They'll be doing a cardiac cath on her in 3 weeks with the possibility of putting in a stent and/or doing an angioplasty and/or nothing depending on what they find.

Last night I talked with John and drew up plans on where the stuff I packed would go in the new addition to the house so he didn't trip out so much. And he showed me pictures of the property and house. The property is beautiful! And the house has a great kitchen. The rest is pretty hard to picture without a floor plan to compare the pictures to.

Back again ladies

Linda

Maybe you'll get more excited once you see the house or get there . It's probably all the uproar right now with moving. It's a really big job to do .

I hope you don't take this wrong, but would you consider looking for another position when they decide to move? I don't take it wrong. The thing is there aren't that many positions advertised and lots of people wanting those that are. Also, I don't have the certificates and such that many of them seem to want. Yes, I've got experience with Kim, and was an RN, but the nursing was a long time ago in another state. Also, I'm very attached to Kim and know that it would be very, very hard on her to have to switch to someone she doesn't know in addition to the move to another house and state. They went through so many before I joined them that I think it would be very hard on her. That way you could stay put in the town you're in and not have to leave your friends and church, etc. You've been there quite a long time, haven't you ? I have been here a long time and will miss all my friends, but that tends to be true any time you move.

Not sure how you'd feel about it . I know you are very attached to Kim, but you may be finding it hard to get excited about moving since you'll be leaving all the friendships you have made .

Just a question .... ?

It's so much easier to be excited about a move when you know and have seen where you are moving to. I'll get there. And seeing the pictures last night helped. Lots and lots of oak trees (big ones) and a big foothill in the back of the property with creeks and streams and wildlife (turkeys & deer).

Thanks for letting me vent. Once in a while I just have to let off steam.

John and I are so extremely different. We're sort of on opposite ends of the spectrum in so many ways that it takes both of us giving some to accommodate each other. For the most part we make it work without too much trouble. Getting ready to move just makes it really hard on both of us.

Oh, Cindy! Hugs and prayers coming your way for you and your whole family. :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Hope the rest of you have a good day. :manyheart

Oh, by the way, the tree pollen count for today is 1,503 and a week ago it was 9,369 (the highest for the month.) :sneezeUnfortunately the ones I'm most allergic to just came into bloom yesterday. :sneeze And it's windy today so the stuff is really blowing around in the air. :sneeze

Good morning ladies :hi

I had a relaxing evening. I started another octagon last night and guess I really only have tonight to make 4 1/2 before tomorrows clue :think Well, I highly doubt that will happen :lol I got side tracked last night and only got the first few rounds done. I got a phone call and started yapping :eek

The mall right up the road is having a 'mom's night out' event in May, so I talked it over with my sister and I'm going to get a table for the event....it'll cost $500 for the table plus any promotional things I do, but we think it'll be good exposure. It's kind of a higher end mall with Apple, Louis Vuitton, Nordstrom's, Juicy Couture, Coach, etc. So more likely to have the people that have the money to spend on me :wink:lol

We've also decided to share the table with Ingrid and help each other out (although I'm not letting her share the cost). She makes shirts with the swarovski crystals, so we're going to have her make us some shirts with my name on for us to wear :yes Plus, we're thinking those will attract more people than just the chiropractic alone :think I'm going to do a little gift bag I think with my business card, a pen or two, a gift certificate for a free visit, and maybe some biofreeze samples....oh and I just started using this one company that sells mints, they call them adjust-mints :lol and they have a saying on the wrapper so I may get some of those too. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated. I also called the guy who did my signs to see how much a banner would cost me to put across the front of the table.

Not much else going on right now :think

Mary - :xfin they don't use you for jury duty, but hopefully you make good progress on your scarf while your there.

Julie - I will have to remember the larger suitcase next time :wink It's quite chilly here too, we had to cover our lilac bush last night :eek

Joanne - Glad to hear you had a good time at craft club and got some more of your rr done :clap

Judy - Have fun at ww :hug

Linda - Glad to hear that you and John had a little pow wow to plan some things out and that your were able to see pics so that you can start to get excited about the move too :yes I hope your allergies aren't too bad and please feel free to vent any time you need to let off steam, that's what friends are for :ghug (plus, this is a 'safe' zone :lol )

Good Morning, all. Leaving soon so I can run a couple errands on the way downtown...thanks for all the crossed fingers. :D I don't mind being on a jury, but this week and next are super busy and the timing is not good. Oh well, we shall see what happens!

Now, for some happy news! DD brought Luke by last evening and he had on the cutest t shirt. It said "I'm going to be a Big Brother." :c9 We knew they were planning on having one more child - and now they are! DD is 10 weeks today, so it's still very early. So far, so good! :)

Have a good day, everyone! :manyheart

Good Morning, all. Leaving soon so I can run a couple errands on the way downtown...thanks for all the crossed fingers. :D I don't mind being on a jury, but this week and next are super busy and the timing is not good. Oh well, we shall see what happens!

Now, for some happy news! DD brought Luke by last evening and he had on the cutest t shirt. It said "I'm going to be a Big Brother." :c9 We knew they were planning on having one more child - and now they are! DD is 10 weeks today, so it's still very early. So far, so good! :)

Have a good day, everyone! :manyheart

Oh, what wonderful news about another grandbaby to love and spoil. :D

Good morning ladies :hi

I had a relaxing evening. I started another octagon last night and guess I really only have tonight to make 4 1/2 before tomorrows clue :think Well, I highly doubt that will happen :lol I got side tracked last night and only got the first few rounds done. I got a phone call and started yapping :eek

The mall right up the road is having a 'mom's night out' event in May, so I talked it over with my sister and I'm going to get a table for the event....it'll cost $500 for the table plus any promotional things I do, but we think it'll be good exposure. It's kind of a higher end mall with Apple, Louis Vuitton, Nordstrom's, Juicy Couture, Coach, etc. So more likely to have the people that have the money to spend on me :wink:lol

We've also decided to share the table with Ingrid and help each other out (although I'm not letting her share the cost). She makes shirts with the swarovski crystals, so we're going to have her make us some shirts with my name on for us to wear :yes Plus, we're thinking those will attract more people than just the chiropractic alone :think I'm going to do a little gift bag I think with my business card, a pen or two, a gift certificate for a free visit, and maybe some biofreeze samples....oh and I just started using this one company that sells mints, they call them adjust-mints :lol and they have a saying on the wrapper so I may get some of those too. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated. I also called the guy who did my signs to see how much a banner would cost me to put across the front of the table.

Linda - Glad to hear that you and John had a little pow wow to plan some things out and that your were able to see pics so that you can start to get excited about the move too :yes I hope your allergies aren't too bad and please feel free to vent any time you need to let off steam, that's what friends are for :ghug (plus, this is a 'safe' zone :lol )

I don't know if this is something that would work but I know that at some of the ball games I've been to there were people giving 10 or 15 minute neck & back rubs for something like $25 and they were busy the entire time. People could sign up for times and it would be a way to recoup the cost of the booth. Just a thought.

I don't know if this is something that would work but I know that at some of the ball games I've been to there were people giving 10 or 15 minute neck & back rubs for something like $25 and they were busy the entire time. People could sign up for times and it would be a way to recoup the cost of the booth. Just a thought.

It is a good thought, but the guy did tell me that we're not allowed to do anything 'hands on' due to liability issues :(:shrug

Hi guys

Another drop in .

Jude

Good luck at WW. Hope you get a good number !

Linda

I'm glad you were able to sit with John and have a little discussion about the move, etc . I know it's very hard to find nursing jobs ,at least in our area . It seems to be such an evolving field since I worked so long ago . They have pretty much eliminated Aids .When I worked, they were a big part of the patient care . They are actually weeding out all the LPN's too and trying to go strictly with RN's .The closest hospital has also started getting rid of as many as possible,so they are working with a skeleton crew .

I guess it just makes me sad when it sounds like John takes advantage of ou sometimes and doesn't seem to appreciate how big a part of the running of the household as you are .

Of course you can come in and vent as much as you need to .We all need to do that at times . Moving is a hectic time and maybe that is making things much more stressful. Hopefully once the move is done and all is settled, you will have a more peaceful time of it .

Mary

Oh BOY !! A new grandbaby .What fun ! Now you'll have to dig out some new baby patterns and get a good start for the next one !

Marisa

The table in the mall sounds like a good idea to drum up business .All your ideas sound really good . I can't think of anything else at the moment that would be more good ideas for you to use . I wish you all the luck in the world . I'm sure you can get a good practice built up. You are young, pretty, smart and a real people person,so it'll just take time to get a practice built up ,then you will be so busy you will need to hire someone to help out .

We'll all keep our fingers crossed for you .

Oh, by the way, the tree pollen count for today is 1,503 and a week ago it was 9,369 (the highest for the month.) :sneezeUnfortunately the ones I'm most allergic to just came into bloom yesterday. :sneeze And it's windy today so the stuff is really blowing around in the air. :sneeze
ICK! Whatever was floating around here last week had Sparkie sneezing every time he went out! Almost as if he had something up his (massive) nose and couldn't get rid of it. TG that's almost 100 percent gone. Whena 100 pound dog sneezes...wow!:lol

Marisa - that table and the shirts - are both great ideas!!! So are the gift bags. I think the things you've chosen to put in them are perfect. I wish you a ton of good luck!:cheer:hug

Jude

Good luck at WW. Hope you get a good number !

Down some more...:D A bit more to go and I'll be working on maintaining....:)

Linda, I'm so glad you saw some details of the new house. It really does help somewhat...

Hi again! We were dismissed at 2...a plea deal was made and the trial was cancelled. Yay!

Julie ~ It must be hard to have to bundle up again after all the warm weather - stay warm. :) Yes, we are very excited to be having another grandbaby. :c9

Linda ~ We're all suffering with allergies, too. :( They say the mild winter is just making it worse. I'm glad you and John had a good talk - but I still think you need more help getting everything ready. :lol

Marisa ~ Oh, the Mall "booth" sounds perfect! Lots of exposure and "word of mouth" will be great advertising. Looking forward to seeing your mystery Cal/Kal squares. :hook

Judy ~ Congrats on the good weigh-in! :clap

Thanks, Mary and Marisa...I "celebrated" with a bit of something today but will get back on track now. I always seem to so that on Tuesdays:lol

Mary, congrats on being a grandma again!! And what a sweet way to tell you:c9

Archived