Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Before you guys think I've gone totally bonkers, here are the pics of my body parts and the finished product.

She is Miss Creametta Moolove designed by C'ville's own Craftybegonia and was so much fun to make.

[ATTACH]53995[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]53996[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]53997[/ATTACH]

How adorable!

And now, here is my FO for Friday, which will be donated to a local hospital. Maybe I really have gone off my rocker, but SHH!, Judy, don't tell.

Somebody is going to be very, very happy to receive this.

Good Morning, House. :)

OH! So pretty!! Our yard is the pits. When we bought our place in Nov. it was the laughing stock of the neighborhood. The lady that lived here was...um... eccentric, to say the least. The whole front yard was ivy and ground cover, every bush and flower known to mankind and a broke down fish pond. And if she could decorate it...she did. For example... at Christmas she had so many decorations that one friend of ours called it "The House that Christmas Puked On". Anywho - I love the simplicity of your garden area.

:lolYour description is classic! :lol Our last house was built in the 1920s and had been neglected for years. We had a fish pond, too...we found an old rusty motorcycle in the bottom when we drained it.:eek

Phyllis ~ Wonderful projects! :clap Miss Moolove is too cute and the baby sweater is precious. :c9

Linda ~ So glad you made it to the prayer shawl group! You are surrounded by good friends. :manyheart

Valerie ~ I hope you have a fabulous time in Alabama! :)

Joanne ~ Oh, that is great news about your DD's SIL. :yes

Have a great day, ladies. :manyheart

Phyllis, I LOVE your critter!!! She made me smile:)

Beautiful sweater, too - some baby is going to look like a million bucks!

Hi all

Looks like I didnt make it in here yet today. Payday and a gazillion errands needing done ,so I was gone most of the day. Sam is home sick with some type of flu ,which is unusual for him. He rarely gets sick or calls offwork .

Cam is here now,so ssounds like everything is just as always on a Friday afternoon .

He is off for spring break now and wanted to stay here the entrie week,but I doubt we'll go that long. Maybe we'll pick another weekday that he cancome on too,but I'm a little too used to having my own free time during the week . Cam literally HATES going places, so it wouldnt work out too well. I like going someplace each day,so wont want to be tied down to staying home for days on end.

Jenni

when you get your blog page updated,drop us a note so we can go in and see what you have added .

Sabrina

Your house sounds like the type I like to tackle. WE have moved into houses like that before that needed a LOT of help. It's actually fun to get them and fix them all up. The yard can probably be made beautiful over time and some hard work .

Hi Joanne

Hope you get a bit of decent weather to do some yard work. Ours is screwy today. Very cold this AM,then got really warm,now freezing again .

Jude

We'd love to see your dog square when you get it done .

Val

Have a great trip .Holler if you get a chance anytime .

Linda

You certainly are blessed with lots of friends !

Phyllis

Your body parts all came together into a very cute creature. I like his little tail in the back .

The sweater is SO pretty .

Hi there Mary

Wow, you must have a really DEEP fish pond for a motorcycle to fit into it . Makes you wonder what it was doing in there,doesnt it ?

Hi ladies,

Phyllis - I love Miss Moo and the little pink dress.

Julie - Praying Sam feels better. It's spring break for my great niece as well. Have fun with Cam.

We've made it safely to Bama!!!!!!!! It's raining cats and dogs here.

On the blackberry...BBL!

Good afternoon ladies :hi Almost evening :eek

I came in late today because I did laundry this morning. I stopped at Sheetz to get a sandwich for lunch since we only had meat items in the fridge at home and I can't have meat today and decided to run through the car wash....I was loaded with bugs from all my travels last weekend :lol

Well, when I got in I took 2 bites of my wrap and a new patient walked in :clap:yay Unfortunately he was in rough shape :( So he'll be back tomorrow afternoon again. He wants to be able to go to work on Monday morning. So then I had his paperwork to do and finish up the paperwork from the patient I had last night :yay After all that, I got my workout in :D

We met my cousin for dinner last night at LongHorn Steakhouse and it was excellent, I have never eaten there before. Nothing on the agenda for tonight since we went out the last 2, I think we're making salmon at home and then I'm hoping to crochet :xfin Tomorrow my sister and bf are going out for dinner (at least I think it's date night and that I'm not going :think:shrug) So, it seems I may have a fairly relaxing weekend.

Judy - Glad to hear you had a good meetup with Jean and you backyard is beautiful :manyheart

Linda - :yay for the girls weekend and help from your prayer shawl ministry group :hug

Julie - There's always something going on :yes I hope Sam is feeling better :hug I'm sure Cam will be in and out all week.

Mary - How cute that Luke was so patient trying on shoes :manyheart It's great that your neighbors are waiting for your flowers :hug

Joanne - Glad to hear that dd's sil is doing all right....now would be a good time to teach her to crochet if she doesn't already :wink:devil

Val - Glad to hear that you made it safely to Alabama...enjoy the rain :lol

Phyllis - :yay for body parts.....Creametta is just too adorable and I love the sweater :D:manyheart

Marisa, yay for a new patient!! You'll certainly get a good buzz when he's able to go back to work on Monday:)

Cam is here now,so ssounds like everything is just as always on a Friday afternoon .

He is off for spring break now and wanted to stay here the entrie week,but I doubt we'll go that long. Maybe we'll pick another weekday that he cancome on too,but I'm a little too used to having my own free time during the week . Cam literally HATES going places, so it wouldnt work out too well. I like going someplace each day,so wont want to be tied down to staying home for days on end. I like getting out most days, too....

Jude

We'd love to see your dog square when you get it done .

I'll be sure and do that...I spent whatever free time I had today with my nose in a book/Kindle:lol

We've made it safely to Bama!!!!!!!! It's raining cats and dogs here.

On the blackberry...BBL!

Enjoy!

Hello everyone. Back home, funeral over, and I'm exhausted. I'm sad, but then I remember that my mom only ahad the pain of being a widow for 10 days, and I have to be thankful to God for taking her so soon after my dad. There will be a lot for us to do over the next few months, both in terms of personal things and legal stuff. My sister and I will be heading back in a week or two to start emptying my parents condo. My nephews will probably move into it, because the insurance company will only insure it if it is occupied. The real estate market is quite poor there, and there are several condos for sale in their development, that have been on the market for over a year. My nephews are willing to live there, although we are also considering renting it. We know someone who may be interested in that.

I cannot begin to tell you ladies how much your support and friendship means to me. I love how Val put it: "I might not have seen them but I do know them. We are family!

I feel closer to you guys than I do with people I've known all my life. "

let me begin by saying I am busy reading through the posts I've missed over the past few days, but I'm sure I will miss commenting on lots of things.

Mary, congratulations!!! My daughters think its slightly odd that I have friends, I've never met, too.

Linda, I'm glad to hear of your decision to stay put. Also glad that John took it well.

Judy your back yard already looks so pretty. On our way home today, we drove for about 45 minutes in blizzard conditions. We finally got off the freeway because we could barely see and had lunch. The snow was nearly over by the time we were ready to get moving again.

Joanne, praying for your dd's sister in law.

Phyllis, your projects look great! Cute is why I like to do baby stuff. Its just fun to look at the finished project.

Julie, I know what you mean about enjoying your free time. I like when the grandsons come over, but I like when they go home too!

Marisa, Yay for a new patient!!!

HI all,

Phyllis- Love how the body parts came together in Miss Creametta Moolove! Very, very cute- and that sweater is gorgeous!!!

Cindy- I've been thinking about you and know how rough this time is. You have a positive attitude about how your Mom only had to bear the pain of being a widow for 10 days- and now they are together again! They are both looking down on you and you and your family have 2 special angels watching over you! That's good that the nephews are willing to live in the condo and that you also have the option to possibly rent it. When my Dad died, the real=estate market was still ok and we were able to sell the house I grew up in for a good price. It was hard going through a 4 bedroom home (and my Mom had saved so many things! There was so much work to do!!! That's what I keep telling my DH when he has such a hard time going through things I don't want my DD's to have to clean out a bunch of 'stuff" when I'm gone!

Linda- I knew your prayer shawl ministry friends would be so happy that you are staying!!! I'm happy for you that you will be surrounded by such good friends IRL and of course, here in Our House!!!

Marisa- I have a free car wash coupon from when I got my oil changed last weekend, but by the time I got there after work (and a stop to meet DH at Applebee's for dinner), they were closed. It's supposed to rain tomorrow and the coupon expires Sunday- here's hoping for sun on Sunday so I can use it!

Funny you should mention teaching DD's SIL to crochet- I was thinking the same thing. Not sure how good a teacher I'll be but I'll show her the you tube videos I learned with as well. It would sure help her pass the time in bed!!! Yay for new patients!!!!!

Val- Glad you have made it safely to "Sweet Home Alabama"

Mary- I can't imagine how big that pond is if there was a motorcycle in the bottom of it!!!

Judy- I showed DH your pic and told him we needed to do something with the front- and he called a landscaper to come over- he was one of the fellows that was part of the mowing/landscaping crew of the service we've used to mow our lawn since we moved here. Well, long story short- he's started his own business so we are going to use him. He came over this afternoon- I told DH which bushes I wanted gone- and to let him come up with something!

Julie- That's sweet that Cam wanted to spend the whole week with you- He loves you and DH---speaking of, hope Sam gets well quick!!!

Off to do a little crocheting and put the laundry in the dryer!

Good morning!

Tab- Glad you stopped in and I love your avatar!!! Babies do take up most of one's time so no need to apologize!!! I haven't gotten into Pinterest because I know it would end up taking up too much of my little free time.

Faille-Hope things are going well in your neck of the woods!

It's a rainy day here- well, actually the rain has stopped for now- but it is a cloudy, dreary day out there and the forecast is for rain most of the day

Looks like my "dollar and a dream" has gone kaput- Mega Millions ticket was sold in Maryland--wonder if anyone of our friends here on the Ville from MD was a lucky winner? Looks like I'm headed back to Paradise on Monday! Oh, well, the dream of not working was fun while it lasted!!! And thankfully, I'm only out a dollar!!

Hope you all have a good day and I'll pop back in later!

Good morning ladies :waving

Cindy

It was so nice to see a post from you this morning when I checked in . I can't imagine how hard the past few weeks and months have been for you . That must be so very difficult to lose both parents in such a short time. Sam's grandparents were the same, although the gap between them was less than 2 days . His Grandma passed away first, and his grandpa less than 48 hours later. They were both in the same nursing home, both very elderly .They had their funeral together .I think maybe one didnt want to go on without the other.They had been together so many years and got along so well .

I hope as time goes on, things will all become easier for you and you'll be able to retain the good memories , and the past months of illnesses and seeing them gradually worsen each day will fade .

As Joanne said, they are together again ,and no longer feeling ill .

That's good that you have someone to stay in the condo for now,and hopefully the other people you mentioned might take it .I'm hoping the housing market eventually bounces back at some point . It's about the same here, many houses are empty . People have lost their jobs and homes and they dont sell very quickly unless the price is REALLY low .

Take care of yourself. We are all out here thinking of you every single day .

Val

I'm glad you made your trip safely .How long a drive is it from your house to the place in Alabama that you visit ? I hope maybe sometime you will be able to move back there permanently since you love it so much .

Joanne

You must have the same idea we were talking about yesterday . Our poor yard needs a major facelift . It was so pretty when we moved here. Whoever owned it before must have had 2 green thumbs. They had so many flowering plants ,all arranged so perfectly . I used to like doing yardwork,but dont get to spend much time in the yard now,with the crappy breathing ,the heat bothers me and when certain things are blooming it also bothers me,so I can't even help with the mowing or anything . Mowing was always my favorite chore .

Anyhow, we are talking of seeing if Steph's boyfriend will come give us some pointers and maybe plant some bushes or small trees to make the yard look nicer . He is a landscaper so could probably come up with some good ideas . We have lots of trees and bushes in the back , but the front needs help .

Marisa

Great news on a new patient ! Sure hope he spreads the word to friends and family.That'll bring you in more customers I bet . :)

Tab

Good to hear from you . No need to apologize . We all understand that sometimes life gets in the front seat and you have to step away for awhile .Drop in as you have time .There's always somebody hanging out in here in the House . How old is the babe now ? Just couldnt remember the exact month he was born .

Faile

Good to hear from you .Are you working on any projects currently ?

Not much up here ,except ME .. Sam slept upstairs last night since he didnt want Cam or me to get his flu . He has slept on the couch the 2 previous nights . I told him I would sleep out there,but he said he was fine to sleep there, he didnt want me to get that crap either . If I do, I'll end up at the doc I'm sure .

Cam had a fun evening . I got him the new Nintendo DS game of Lego Ninjago which is little ninja guys . He played that a long time, watched a movie ,etc. Had all his favorite foods ,and went to sleep saying he can't wait til tomorrow (now today). I asked him why and he said because he'd wake up HERE . It always puzzles me what he finds so fascinating about being here. I think we live the most boring life in the world,and I always think he will be bored here but he never is . :think

Anyhow ,I enjoy his company . He's always funny ,talks nonstop and entertains us and makes us laugh . I'm sure we'll have him here at least one or 2 days during the week,then probably next weekend too . I enjoy him being here,but as I said, I have my routine of getting out of the house a bit each day and he REALLY hates going places. He likes being here and not going anywhere ,so we just stay home when he is here . I get too antsy sitting here day after day ,so I'd have to MAKE him go with me,which would be ok. I've done it before ,but he is always asking what else we have to do, how many more stops, when will we be back home .

I guess I've had too many years of freedom and being able to jump in the car and go whenever and wherever I want.

I've actually done a bit of crocheting last night and completing it this morning . Sam has a coworker with a little girl who is in 1st grade .She is a real character,and loves stuffed animals . I bought a small one for her and he gave it to her mom to give to the little girl. She has taken that everywhere with her .She drew me a picture of me and her holding hands. I've never even met her before ,( they live a long ways from us) but Sam is always telling me funny stuff this girl does . So yesterday I bought some cotton yarn and made her one of the cupcake purses to put a baby doll in .I bought the doll,didnt try to make one . I have to make a blanket for it and will have Sam give it to her mom Monday at work. I also bought her some art supplies since she likes drawing. Some colored pencils, neon crayons, markers and a princess coloring book . It's fun to give little kids things like that. They get so much fun from them .

Sam's still crouping this morning . I told him to go to the doc ,but he decided to tough it out,so hopefully he will shake it soon .

Thinking of Marlene and Dusti ,who are both possibly on their way home . Maybe they will both drop in soon so we can hear how they are doing .

Hope you all have a good day . I'll stop in later on .

Good morning everyone. Cold and gloomy here today. I need to work on getting back into some sort of routine here. I need some groceries, so that will be on this mornings agenda.

Joanne, my mom did not save much except pictures, but my parents moved from a 5 bedroom house into a 3000 sq foot condo last year, and since my mom was sick, my dad did the packing and he didn't miss a thing. Stuff that my mom would not ahve moved was all neatly boxed up and labelled by him. (he was a packrat, although he was forced to downsize a bit because at the old place he had a 4 stall garage with a large work room in the back.)

Not sure what else I will do today, maybe some crafting. DD worked last night and will be sleeping today, so I will have to be quiet. I cleaned before we went to Canada, and it still looks pretty good.

Julie, have a fun day with Cam.

'morning, peeps! As Joanne said, it's rainy here in NJ today. We need it though - the dirt under the trees in the back is so dry that when the dogs are sniffing out something they come up sneezing from inhaling dust!:lol

Jules, I think Cam feels extremely secure with you and Sam...which is why he wants to stay with you.:c9

And that's sweet what you're doing for the little girle - they do get so much pleasure form those little, thoughtful things!:)

I hope Sam gets well fast - and you don't catch it!

Thanks for the compliments on my work. There is something very therapeutic about crocheting something so cute. My son and I still grin every time we see Creametta's tail.
I can picture that:lol And it is therapeutic...;)

Hello everyone. Back home, funeral over, and I'm exhausted.You were in my thoughts and prayers - it's a mind-numbing time. You'll miss them more, not less, as the year goes by and all the family occasions come up, but you do have wonderful memories to hold on to. It gets better:hug I'm sad, but then I remember that my mom only ahad the pain of being a widow for 10 days, and I have to be thankful to God for taking her so soon after my dad.That's what I was thinking...even when DH would be away for one night and I knew he was coming home soon the house wasn't a home and I always miss him. When you;re happily married (we all have hiccups, though) you feel like the other one is your right arm. There will be a lot for us to do over the next few months, both in terms of personal things and legal stuff. My sister and I will be heading back in a week or two to start emptying my parents condo. My nephews will probably move into it, because the insurance company will only insure it if it is occupied.That's good news The real estate market is quite poor there, and there are several condos for sale in their development, that have been on the market for over a year.We sold my inlaws house way low - just to sell it. In retirement areas there's lots of competition and many people had renovated their homes. It didn't help that this one needed a gut job:P My nephews are willing to live there, although we are also considering renting it. We know someone who may be interested in that.

That's really good news.

I cannot begin to tell you ladies how much your support and friendship means to me. I love how Val put it: "I might not have seen them but I do know them. We are family!

I feel closer to you guys than I do with people I've known all my life. "

Judy your back yard already looks so pretty. Thanks! On our way home today, we drove for about 45 minutes in blizzard conditions. We finally got off the freeway because we could barely see and had lunch. The snow was nearly over by the time we were ready to get moving again.

It sounds like that if you wait 5 minutes the weather in your neck of the woods makes a drastic turnaround! So glad you made it back ok:hug

Judy- I showed DH your pic and told him we needed to do something with the front- and he called a landscaper to come over- he was one of the fellows that was part of the mowing/landscaping crew of the service we've used to mow our lawn since we moved here. Well, long story short- he's started his own business so we are going to use him. He came over this afternoon- I told DH which bushes I wanted gone- and to let him come up with something!

I'm so happy to enable.....:lol

Hello.

I'm sorry it's been so long.....I didn't realize. I got absorbed into the Hunger Games & then Pinterest & of course the baby takes up most of my time. I apologize. :manyheart

I hope you are all doing well. :ghug

Hiya! How's the little one?? And I could do nothing but read Hunger Games till I finished book 3!!!!!!:eek

Later, gators:hug:manyheart

:birthday:cake:bday Tab!!! Thanks Judy for letting us know!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day and truly get to be "Queen" for the day!!!!

Julie- How did the crocheting with cotton go? Is your breathing ok? That is so sweet of you to make the cupcake purse for the little girl. I'm sure Cam just loves being with you guys and I hope that is how my GS will feel as he grows up!

Cindy- Enjoy your quiet day:hug

Judy- Thanks for the push DH needed to agree to do something in the front yard! It'll be simple- but sometimes just a few simple things is all that's needed to spruce things up!!!

:hugGood morning! It's cloudy so far today. We had several rain episodes last night in the night, which should have washed a good bit of pollen from the air.

Hello.

I'm sorry it's been so long.....I didn't realize. I got absorbed into the Hunger Games & then Pinterest & of course the baby takes up most of my time. I apologize. :manyheart

I hope you are all doing well. :ghug

Hi, Tabby. Give that little one a hug from all of us. :ghug Your avatar is totally cuteness.

:party:birthday:cakeHave a great Birthday, Tabby! :cake:birthday:party

Love you all. :hug:hug:hug

Hi House!

Cindy ~ It was so good to see your post - we've all been thinking about you and what a rough few weeks you've had. :hug

For now, I'll just say Hi to everyone. :manyheart About once every 5 years, I sleep in and today was the day. :lol Looked at the clock and it was almost 9.:eek DH was out running errands and Gracie and Zoe were curled up on the bed.

I'm leaving about noon to help DD get ready for Luke's party. They're moving into an apartment next week while major remodeling is being done on their house, so it's a busy time!

Take care and have a good day! :ghug

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I was missing, but I couldn't get crochetville to load on my computer when I went to McDonald's to use the internet. I only went there twice. Hubby decided we might as well pack up and go home as many others were and not much of anything was happening. That was sunday and we left on wednesday. We stopped just for over night at his sisters and we got to Maya's late last night. We took a senic route instead of the main highway through Indiana and it took all day. We won't do that again (6 hours and 300 miles). Maya was happy to see us. She stayed up late so she could. She called us everyday to check in with us. Her Mom said she woke up at 7am and said I have to call grandma. She's so funny. Boy does she talk:lol. It's fun though. We will probably go home tomorrow. I'll catch up with everyone next week.

Cindy, Iam so sorry to see that your Mom has passed. She and your Dad are together again watching over you and your family.:hug

Have a good weekend everyone!

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Steph and I went for a walk this morning and then I wanted to go to DSW since I had a coupon for $20 off $49 which is an awesome deal, but it expired today :eek So she came with me and we each got a pair of shoes :clap I got some cute black sketcher sandals that look nice and I should be able to walk in down to the ball park over the summer :think:xfin Then we went into Old Navy (she was looking for a specific shirt that they were sold out of :( ) Then down to the market. I took her back home and headed here. My patient should be here momentarily :xfin She's meeting a friend at 2 and I might join if I'm back in time.

Her and bf are having date night and I'm meeting a guy for dinner from online :eek We shall see how it goes :lol This will be my 3rd meeting :think

Judy - We'll hope it's a good buzz on Monday :wink

Phyllis - I agree that crocheting is therapeutic :yes

Cindy - :hug :hug You sure have a lot to take care of and I'm sending you continued prayers. Good idea stopping during the blizzard and letting it pass while getting a bite to eat :yes

Joanne - I do like the youtube videos too, I find them very helpful :yes Hopefully you get to use your car wash coupon :xfin I think there were 3 winners for the mega millions....1 in MD, 1 in KS, and 1 in IL....it wasn't me :no

Tab - Thanks for dropping in and :birthday to you!!!

Julie - I think Cam likes being there so much because he doesn't have to worry about anything there and I'm sure you wait on him constantly. He doesn't have to do chores, he just gets to relax and do whatever his little heart desires :yes I hope Sam is feeling better and I bet that little girl feels like she hit the lottery with your generosity :hug

Linda - It rained here last night, but so far so good for today.

Mary - :yay for getting some extra shut eye this morning. Have fun getting ready for Luke's party.

Archived