Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Afternoon Ladies,

Thanks for the compliments on Noah's Ark. I've already received 1 order.

It's a 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive depending on traffic/roadwork.

My youngest sister Bonnie still lives here in a mobile home behind the big house. Jacqueline, Alene and I are in Atlanta. Jack and I are here with Bonnie for a week. Bonnie took a week vacation. Jack's grandbaby is here with us because it's her spring break and she likes coming to Bama anytime she is out of school.

I've slept all day so now I need to wash dishes.

Later.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick pop in before craft club!

That's a gorgeous baby blanket, Val and congrats on the order for one! Enjoy your time with Bonnie!

I don't have time to comment individually- but read through all the posts.!!!

Be back in the AM!

Joanne, enjoy craft club!

Cindy, you're more than entitled to be a couch potato - and for as long as you need to:hug

Judy ~ Way to go on getting so much done. :cheer The saltine colors sound great together...will it be an afghan? All of a sudden, it's been a while since I've made any "little squares." :think

Yup, a baby ghan. The colors do look pretty together.

I made a Noah's Ark blanket for Bonnie (my youngest sister) to give as a baby shower gift. I am going to try to upload but if I can't I'll do it when I get back to Atlanta.

Beautiful blanket!:clap

Afternoon Ladies,

Thanks for the compliments on Noah's Ark. I've already received 1 order.

Congrats!:cheer That blanket has alot of detail - make sure you charge a fair price for all your work!

I've been reading Stephen King's THE STAND...can't put the darn thing down! This is only the 3rd book of his that I've read and they;re all very compelling....

Have a good night, my friends.:hug:manyheart

Good morning!

Craft club was fun and the time flew by- before I knew it, it was time to leave! I worked on the RR which was perfect for stitching and chatting. Missed Phyllis last night- hope all is well!

Wishing you all a wonderful day! Off to get ready--

Good morning. Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. :ghug I spent it sleeping.....just the way I wanted to spend it. :)

It's going to be a longgg day......I went to bed at midnight & have been up since 3:30. :eek

Julie~Elijah is 2 months 2 weeks old now. He was just weighed & was 12 lbs. & 24 inches, so he grew 2 inches & gained almost 2 lbs. in one month. He is an active baby so naps are few & last about 10-30 minutes. *yawns* BUT he is not so fussy anymore so I can't complain....I'd rather have an active baby than a miserable baby. ;)

And yes, I had cake.....2 actually. My Hubby made me a lemon cake & a chocolate cake. YUMMY!! :devil

Judy~Hunger Games was really good, but I haven't read the others yet. I will soon though......;)

Mary~I love the colors in your ghan, beautiful combo. :manyheart

Joanne~Yes, pinterest is very addictive......BUT I love it. I love seeing things I would never normally look up or see such as recipes, foreign architecture, & so on.....very cool & time consuming if you let it be. I only get on every couple days, but when I do get a chance the hours swallow me up. :blush

Well, i'm off......have a great day everyone. :D

Good morning Housemates!

I'm on the blackberry so I'll be short. Had a great weekend. All 4 of us were together (my 3 younger sisters and I). Alene drove back to Atlanta yesterday.

I made a Noah's Ark blanket for Bonnie (my youngest sister) to give as a baby shower gift. I am going to try to upload but if I can't I'll do it when I get back to Atlanta.

Really cute, great job! :clap

Good morning everyone. Cold and rainy here today, so I will be staying in. I think I'm going to make beef stew for dinner, its that kind of weather.

I was working on a baby dress last night, but I've run out of yarn. It occurred to me to go out and buy some, but I decided that maybe I should just stay home and do some housework.

Tomorrow it's back to work for me.

Good morning Housemates,

The weather is just right here in Sweet Home Alabama. The sun is bright and shiny in a beautiful blue sky but not too hot so far.

I had a short visit with my mom's 80 year old sister yesterday.

Going to Walmart to get some bobbins to wind yarn for the letters for the Alabama blanket lettering.

Will try to check in later!

Good morning ladies :hi

Not much going on here today. I did just a little knitting last night. I made the fudge, which my sister said tasted good when she cleaned out the pot :lol Since it's still lent, I couldn't test it because I give up chocolate every year. I think we're going out for dinner tonight with some lady neighbors to the same place we go to for jazz. I didn't get to go with them last time because I had other plans.

Val - Great news having an order already :clap I think I envisioned a much longer ride for you, so that doesn't sound too bad.

Joanne - Wow, I'm surprised you were home to post BEFORE craft club :eek

Judy - Stephen King novels do really grab a hold of you :yes

Tab - Great news that Eli isn't cranky anymore :clap

Cindy - Beef stew sounds wonderful....maybe after you do your chores you can reward yourself by running to the store for the yarn to finish up the dress :think

Good morning everyone. It's sunny again today and warm. Kim had a rather tough night so we'll be having a quiet day to let her rest up. I sorted out a bunch of stuff from the kitchen cabinets yesterday. It's time to make a run to Goodwill again. Will do that as time allows.

Love to you all. :manyheart

Hi Ladies. :hi Thank you all for the sweet comments on my baby ripple! :manyheart

Valerie ~ Your Noah' Ark afghan is adorable! :applause I love the pattern and your work is beautiful. :)

Cindy ~ :hug Sending more hugs. You've had so much to deal with in such a short amount of time. Beef stew sounds like the perfect comfort food for a cold, rainy day!

Tabby ~ Elijah sounds like a healthy, happy 2 1/2 month old. :c9 Those short naps are rough on the parents, though! Before you know it, he'll be taking longer naps. :)

Julie ~ Oh, I hope your cold/flu isn't too bad. :hug I'm glad Sam was able to go back to work yesterday.

Marisa ~ Great idea to put a bell on your door! Your week sounds super busy and fun...and the fudge makes me want chocolate. :lol

Linda ~ How in the world do you figure out what to keep/donate of Kim and John's things? That sounds so hard! :yes Will their house be similar in size?

Joanne ~ Way to go on the RR progress.:hook

The washer, dryer and dishwasher are all running. We're supposed to have severe storms today and we're prone to power outages...so just in case, I'm trying to get it all done now. :lol

Have a great day, everyone. :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

I was up early this morning after thunder and lightening and I couldn't go back to sleep. That's fine with me. I got in my emails and caught up with everyone here in the house. I took notes and will come back later. I need to shower and make some chicken noodle soup. Hubby is getting sick so maybe this will help him. Lots of unpacking and some laundry to do. Maya did some dusting. DS kept the house in pretty good shape while we were gone. I didn't expect any thing different though so it was no worries.

Catch you all later and have a great day!

Good morning everyone. It's sunny again today and warm. Kim had a rather tough night so we'll be having a quiet day to let her rest up. I sorted out a bunch of stuff from the kitchen cabinets yesterday. It's time to make a run to Goodwill again. Will do that as time allows.

Love to you all. :manyheart

Rest when Kim does...:hug

Good morning everyone. Cold and rainy here today, so I will be staying in. I think I'm going to make beef stew for dinner, its that kind of weather.That's the type of weather when I get in the mood to make DH's fav Greek soup....

I was working on a baby dress last night, but I've run out of yarn. It occurred to me to go out and buy some, but I decided that maybe I should just stay home and do some housework.

Darn housework:P

Tomorrow it's back to work for me.

I hope you have a good night tonight:hug:manyheart

Judy~Hunger Games was really good, but I haven't read the others yet. I will soon though......;)

Very addictive sequels!!:lol

Hi Ladies. :hi Thank you all for the sweet comments on my baby ripple! :manyheart

The washer, dryer and dishwasher are all running. We're supposed to have severe storms today and we're prone to power outages...so just in case, I'm trying to get it all done now. :lol

Great idea to get it out of the way just in case :yes:idea

Hi Ladies,

I was up early this morning after thunder and lightening and I couldn't go back to sleep. That's fine with me. I got in my emails and caught up with everyone here in the house. I took notes and will come back later. I need to shower and make some chicken noodle soup. Hubby is getting sick so maybe this will help him. Lots of unpacking and some laundry to do. Maya did some dusting. DS kept the house in pretty good shape while we were gone. I didn't expect any thing different though so it was no worries.

Catch you all later and have a great day!

Hopefully dh is able to fight off most of this sickness :hug Glad to hear that ds held the fort down :wink

Linda ~ How in the world do you figure out what to keep/donate of Kim and John's things? That sounds so hard! :yes Will their house be similar in size?

I DON'T do the deciding on their stuff. I spread it out on the table and let John pick and choose. Then the stuff that's going gets boxed up and will go to Goodwill. I haven't seen a floor plan of the new house yet, but he SAYS they are downsizing, although I haven't seen much evidence of it yet. I guess time will tell.

Hope the storms aren't bad ones. I imagine you can use the rain though. I know we could sure use some more.

Just finished giving Kim her shower, so the rest of the day should be fairly quiet. I still need to box up the stuff on the table from yesterday and put out some more. There's a lower double cupboard where most of the stuff hasn't been used in ages and I suspect most of the stuff in there will be going to Goodwill. A bunch of mismatched stonewear is going to Goodwill. And a bunch of assorted mugs.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

4 C sugar

1 1/3 C milk

8 tbsp cocoa

4 tbsp karo

I usually use a liquid measurer for the sugar and just use a tablespoon from the silverware drawer.

Mix well and bring to a boil. Now here's where to watch, it'll kind of grow in the pot and then go back down. It's done when:

You dribble a little from the spoon into a cup of COLD water and it hardens in there when you roll it into a little ball. It'll probably be somewhere aroun d15-25 minutes depending on your heat and all. Stir frequently so it doesn't stick too bad.

Have these next ingredients ready to go.....

2 sticks Imperial margarine (we've tried others, but this yeilds the best result)

12 tbsp Peanut butter (we only ever use jif, I'd strongly discourage natural PB)

2 tsp vanilla

Again I use a tbsp from the silverware drawer and they heap, so I can't tell you for certain on exact measurements but I'd guess I use more than what it would be if I actually measured it correctly But I do it the way mom does

As soon as you take off the stove, add these and mix until it's all combined. Then pour into a pan and let it set in the fridge. If the kids are good, leave a little behind in the pot and give each a spoon to help clean it out :drool

Any questions, let me know

OK....Venting time for me :angry

So I get a call from a guy to schedule an appointment. I ask how he found me and he said online though Aetna, great! So, he tells me up front he has a high deductible and wanted to know what I charge. I just told him that it depends what we do. So I take his insurance info so I can verify and have a better answer for him when he comes tomorrow. So I get info faxed to me because everything is automated and it's not very clear so I get back on the phone and call again, go through the same stuff until I get a person on the phone. To have her tell me that on his play.....spinal manipulations are not covered when performed by a chiroprator!!!!! :angry Are you serious? They are covered when billed by a medical doctor or osteopath.....a medical doctor is not even trained in doing it and an osteopath gets very limited training it!!!!!

OK, I'm done. Now I still want to squeeze my workout in today so gotta get moving now! At least it should be a really good workout since I'm riled up and my adrenaline is pumping

Just finished giving Kim her shower, so the rest of the day should be fairly quiet. I still need to box up the stuff on the table from yesterday and put out some more. There's a lower double cupboard where most of the stuff hasn't been used in ages and I suspect most of the stuff in there will be going to Goodwill. A bunch of mismatched stonewear is going to Goodwill. And a bunch of assorted mugs.

I'm getting there, too - if it hasn't been used in a very long time...out it goes.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

4 C sugar

1 1/3 C milk

8 tbsp cocoa

4 tbsp karo

I usually use a liquid measurer for the sugar and just use a tablespoon from the silverware drawer.

Mix well and bring to a boil. Now here's where to watch, it'll kind of grow in the pot and then go back down. It's done when:

You dribble a little from the spoon into a cup of COLD water and it hardens in there when you roll it into a little ball. It'll probably be somewhere aroun d15-25 minutes depending on your heat and all. Stir frequently so it doesn't stick too bad.

Have these next ingredients ready to go.....

2 sticks Imperial margarine (we've tried others, but this yeilds the best result)

12 tbsp Peanut butter (we only ever use jif, I'd strongly discourage natural PB)

2 tsp vanilla

Again I use a tbsp from the silverware drawer and they heap, so I can't tell you for certain on exact measurements but I'd guess I use more than what it would be if I actually measured it correctly But I do it the way mom does

As soon as you take off the stove, add these and mix until it's all combined. Then pour into a pan and let it set in the fridge. If the kids are good, leave a little behind in the pot and give each a spoon to help clean it out :drool

Any questions, let me know

Love the recipe....I printed it out for my files:D

So I get a call from a guy to schedule an appointment. I ask how he found me and he said online though Aetna, great! So, he tells me up front he has a high deductible and wanted to know what I charge. I just told him that it depends what we do. So I take his insurance info so I can verify and have a better answer for him when he comes tomorrow. So I get info faxed to me because everything is automated and it's not very clear so I get back on the phone and call again, go through the same stuff until I get a person on the phone. To have her tell me that on his play.....spinal manipulations are not covered when performed by a chiroprator!!!!! :angry Are you serious? They are covered when billed by a medical doctor or osteopath.....a medical doctor is not even trained in doing it and an osteopath gets very limited training it!!!!!

OK, I'm done. Now I still want to squeeze my workout in today so gotta get moving now! At least it should be a really good workout since I'm riled up and my adrenaline is pumping

Oh, that stinks! You're so right about th etraining...osteopaths might be good in a pinch, but their training is nothing like what you and my son had to go through in school - not to mention your experience!

You have every right to be riled up!

Mary- Read about the wild tornadoes in Dallas area and not sure if that is where you are --hope all is well!!!!

Marisa- That makes no sense at all- Chiropractors are supposed to do manipulation!!! Vent away!!!

Cindy- Hope your stew hit the spot- it sure sounds yummy to me! Did you decide to go for more yarn- or do the housework?

Linda- Glad that you don't have to decide what they take or not- but if John is anything like my DH- he won't want to give anything away! LOL

Judy, Tab, Marlene, Julie, and the rest of the house----sending hugs---and now it's time for me to finally eat dinner!

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Happy belated birthday to your son. My son will be 37 this summer and just doesn't seem possible. It's scary to because my Dad died at 37. Congrats on your weight loss! I bet your friend enjoyed your company as much as you did. The saltine colors sound great together. Great pic of the girls at the meetup. Have to get you in there next time. Really nice pic of the back yard.

Val, It's beautiful on the gulf. Were not right on the water, but it isn't far away. When I go to the store I quite often drive along the water to back to are place. We live on a lake at home so I get it year around. But I would back to my hometown in a minute if we could. Texas is a very friendly place to visit or live. Hope your having a great time in Alabama. My niece and her family just moved to Alabama. She and her husband were both layed off and couldn't find work. They have a friend there who there staying with until they get on there feet. She starts a job in a factory on monday. I'm not sure where they are at. Owning your own yarn shop would be great. I hope it happens for you. Your blanket is adorable! :clap for getting an order for one.

Julie, Happy belated birthday to Sam! Glad Sam is feeling better. There's lots of reasons why Cam wants to spend time with you and Sam. Your such great grandparents! You make sure he has his favorite food, games, movies. You make him feel special. The little girl who receives that cupcake purse with a doll and blanket is just going to love it.

Mary, Happy belated birthday to Luke! His party sounds like it was fun. What a cute way to tell you your going to be a Grandma again. Congratulations! The ripple is very pretty!

Cindy, Your little dress, hat and booties are adorable! Some little girl is going to be very lucky to receive them. Don't worry about to much couch time. You've had a lot to deal with so take as much as you want or need to.

Linda, Glad your talk with John went well. He has some nerve telling you what the rules are going to be. Your not a child. When your gone he will realize he made a big mistake. I think you made the right choice to stay. You have lots of friends who are going to help you out. You know we will always be here for you to. Glad you were able to talk your DD and had a quiet weekend.:hug

Joanne, Prayers for DD's SIL and babies. Good news that she is home. Can't believe Ryan is 8 months already. The colors for both of the afghans sound lovely. The shawl is really pretty.

Marisa, Sounds like you had a busy but fun weekend. It sounds like the Mom's night out should be great exposure. The gift bag idea sounds good. The merchants where we stay at do the same type of thing. This year they moved it to April so we will miss it. But they all hand out things like pens, notepads, cozies. :clap for getting a new patient and opening up on sunday for him. Sorry the insurance company you dealt with doesn't understand the good for there customers.

Phyllis, Miss Moolove is adorable and so is the sweater.

Jenni, Welcome back! Congrats on 2 new babies! Things will work out for you. We've all had some hard times. :hugThe muppet squares will be adorable! While at Maya's and DD's we watched the Muppet movie. Hubby and I have 5 grandkids. Are youngest Maya we have watched full time since she was 2 until she started school last fall and except for the three months we go to Texas for the winter. She is here with us on spring break. She is such a joy to have around.

Sabrina, Welcome back! I hope your feeling better!

Faile, The yarn you spun in very pretty.

I feel like everyone else does. Everyone here is my friends. I have friends back in my hometown, but that's where there at. Living on a lake is different to. Lots of weekenders/seasonal. My one neighbor next door that is seasonal she and I are close but summer isn't long enough.

I love going to Texas! I have a couple of ladies that we are starting to get to know each other. One works in the kitchen with us and the other has helped us a few time. The later one knits and wants me to teach her to crochet next year. She gave me a knitted dishcloth and it is really pretty. She designed it herself. I picked up a book of k&C dishclothes and I think the stitch is in there. I have to look up knitting and see if I can figure out how to do the stitch.

We have a couple of loons on the lake. They come every spring. The swans are here to. Don't know if they ever did leave. They didn't have any babies last year so have to wait and see if they do this year.

Maya asked me last night when we were watching the news where would we go if we had a tornado here. I said we would grab pillows, blankets and go in the bathroom. She said you have to grab a book to, because you always need a book to read. She is always thinking and asking or telling you something.

I'm off for the night. Have a great wednesday!

Mary, Hope you are safe from them storms down there.

Wanted to share this in case you haven't heard of this before. If you have a bunch of solar lights in your yard and the power goes out you could bring them inside and use them for safe lighting inside. They will fit inside most water bottles. You have to put marbles, sand or something to weigh the bottle down.

Oh, good grief!!!!! :eek

Wanted to share this in case you haven't heard of this before. If you have a bunch of solar lights in your yard and the power goes out you could bring them inside and use them for safe lighting inside. They will fit inside most water bottles. You have to put marbles, sand or something to weigh the bottle down.

That's a neat idea and one I would never have thought of.

Rosie and John's daughter invited me to join them for supper tonight and then we watched the movie, HOP, with them. A really nice evening! AND she has a crocheted thread heirloom tableclothe in need of repairs and has asked me to do them for her. I said I would after I get moved. This time I'll take plenty of before and after pictures of the piece. She has run into people who need things repaired over the years and thinks I could get enough business to make it at least a part-time business. She's going to refer anyone she hears of to me. :) I'm sure it will take size 20 crochet thread and a size 7 steel hook to fix part of it and white thread and a sewing needle to fix the other part. She has panels with breaks starting in some sections that are still small and seams between the panels where the joining thread has disintegrated. I'm looking forward to it.

Have a good night everyone. :manyheart

John isn't going hunting this weekend so that I can spend the weekend sorting and cleaning in the downstairs all weekend. I've got an invitation to Easter dinner and plan on going to church some too, since I won't be taking care of Kim 24 hours a day. :P

Good morning!

Marlene- I'm sure you are happy to be home and that Maya is spending spring break with you! It was great to wake up today to your nice post!

Linda-How wonderful that Rosie and John's DD is looking out for you too!! I know you made the right decision!! I'll bet you could get some business repairing crocheted items. Don't work too hard this weekend--

Glad it's hump day already! I spoke with my DD last evening and I'm planning to go visit her in May for a couple of days- something fun to look forward to!!!

Hope you ALL have a good day today!!!

Archived