Our House Part Two

JulieKay

good morning, peeps!

Joanne, I glad you got a chance to spend time with Ryan. Thanks for the support and I love all of the House gang as well. I was telling my sister on Sunday about Cindy and her double loss within a week or so. She stopped me and asked, "Do you know these people." I told her, I might not have seen them but I do know them. We are family!

I feel closer to you guys than I do with people I've known all my life. Have a good night Housemates!!!

That's how I feel!

Joanne, DD's SIL will be in my thoughts and prayers. Maybe the bed rest will be the solution... how far would be considered safe to deliver twins if they come early?

Linda - thinking of you this morning. I hope everything went okay with John.

I'll be back later today. Have a good day!:hug:manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone. Yes, I'm still alive, and, yes, the roof is still on the house. Actually he took it very well. Even seemed pleased. I'll stay with them until my social security starts then move to an apartment. Rosie and I went driving around last night and found 6 possibles. 2 are very large complexes, 1 is very small, and 3 are mid-sized. All are within about a mile of downtown and 2 of the mid-sized ones look very attractive to me. Will do some calling in the next few days and find out more about them.

I had one heck of a day! Babysat for my GS so my DD could go visit her Sis-in-law--- she's in the hospital- and we are hoping that she can keep the twins! She's only 21 or 22 wks along and is threatening delivery! If you don't mind a few prayers and positive thoughts would be appreciated!

Absolutely keeping them in my prayers. :hug :hug :hug

Linda- I'm very happy with the decision you have made. I wondered what would happen if something happened to Kim - (not wishing that by any stretch of the imagination) and you were in TX- without your support group, and your friends! I can only imagine how happy Carol, Rosie &John are that you are staying in GA! We're all here for you- whenever you need us!!! Like Judy said- "there is a season for everything" and like I say- Everything happens for a reason!

There have been a lot of things worrying me about the move to Texas and that is another one.

Welcome back Jenni and Sabrina--glad you stopped back in!!!! Our House is always open!!!!

Val- Oh, that is so cool - to open a yarn shop. What an awesome plan!!! You are so totally right- life is too short to not be doing something that makes you happy!!!There is a lady who just opened her yarn shop about 2 months ago and it such a fun place to go. I've been there twice and she herself also crochets so she appreciates a crocheter! Of course most of the ladies I've seen when I've been there are knitters. Still haven't made it her shop for open knitting/crocheting night- I'm usually too tired by the time I leave work. her shop is about 25 minutes from where I live. Good luck following along with the WW!

I'm starting to fade fast so will end with saying that you are ALL such wonderful friends and I love having "our house" to come "home" to!!!

I agree! Having our house to come home to is great. I feel that I have many true & fast friends here, even is we've never met in person. And I'm very happy to have you in that group.

Joanne, I glad you got a chance to spend time with Ryan. Thanks for the support and I love all of the House gang as well. I was telling my sister on Sunday about Cindy and her double loss within a week or so. She stopped me and asked, "Do you know these people." I told her, I might not have seen them but I do know them. We are family!

I feel closer to you guys than I do with people I've known all my life. Have a good night Housemates!!!

We are family indeed! :manyheart

Good morning Housemates!

Car duty is done until 2pm. My sister and I are cleaning and throwing out. We will not renew the lease at this complex whether I've move back to Bama or not. I'm being proactive and shedding things now.

Linda - I'm glad things are working out. However, I feel that John should have told you he would like to make some changes instead of treating you the way he has. You're such a wonderful person...I know God has a great blessing for you. You were sowing good seeds when you gave away your yarn to the church. Lifting you and your new future up in prayer.

Julie - Thanks for the well wishes!

Joanne - Praying for the your dd's sil and her babies.

Wishing the rest of the House gang a wonderful day!

Hi Joanne & Jude

Hope you both have a good day today .

Linda

Very glad to hear that things went ok last night. I kept thinking about you and wondering how it went . Sounds like a good plan, you already have some partments to look into and a date to move . Wishing you all the best in your future !

Hi Val

We must have posted at the same exact time . Sounds like a good idea if you are thinking of moving ,to go ahead and get rid of items you dont want to move.

I'll never forget the time we bought our first house and we packed ALL the kid's toys .Once we got moved and started unpacking, it was like Why Did We Move All There Toys ?

It was things they had outgrown and never played with anymore,and we had lugged it all to the new place,then had to turn right around and unload it .

Our last move, we got rid of LOTS of stuff and moved in here with the bare necessities. Now, we have turned right around and got the place filled back up with stuff.

WHY do we do that ?

Hi Sabrina...we're always here, so if life interferes for a while don't feel badly. Just come on back in and pull up a chair.

JENNI!!!!!!!! Welcome back my sweet little friend! :hug Congrats on the babies...and I'm sure your work will be wonderful to sell. If you need input/testers don't heitate to ask us.

Awww Thanks! I have thought of you many times since I have been gone :hug I have a pattern done just have to write it up and get a picture of it but I will definatly need testers ;)

Linda - Life is too short to put others well being over your own. I know you love Kim and would do anything for her. I'm hurt that John would treat you this way after all you've done for them. You deserve happiness. It will be nice that you can crochet when you want to and have no one to worry about but yourself. :hug

Thanks Marisa. I have finally gotten rid of the headache. My sister and I are cleaning out and getting rid of some stuff before we go to Alabama. We will finish when we get back. I'll take my crochet with me and catch up there.

Hello Sabrina. It is good to hear from you. I hope things settle down for you soon.

Go for it Jenni. I am going to look into a yarn shop when I move back to Bama. I've decided that life is too short to do something other than what makes you happy. I've wanted to do this every since I read the book "A Good Yarn."

I have always wanted to open my own yarn shop but I live in such a small town, we don't even have a stop light here in town thats how small it is, that I am not sure it would work.

Thanks Judy. I will pass your wishes on to them. I'm probably going to use their material and follow along,

Have a good evening all. Break is over!!!

I had one heck of a day! Babysat for my GS so my DD could go visit her Sis-in-law--- she's in the hospital- and we are hoping that she can keep the twins! She's only 21 or 22 wks along and is threatening delivery! If you don't mind a few prayers and positive thoughts would be appreciated!

Linda- I'm very happy with the decision you have made. I wondered what would happen if something happened to Kim - (not wishing that by any stretch of the imagination) and you were in TX- without your support group, and your friends! I can only imagine how happy Carol, Rosie &John are that you are staying in GA! We're all here for you- whenever you need us!!! Like Judy said- "there is a season for everything" and like I say- Everything happens for a reason!

Welcome back Jenni and Sabrina--glad you stopped back in!!!! Our House is always open!!!!

Val- Oh, that is so cool - to open a yarn shop. What an awesome plan!!! You are so totally right- life is too short to not be doing something that makes you happy!!!There is a lady who just opened her yarn shop about 2 months ago and it such a fun place to go. I've been there twice and she herself also crochets so she appreciates a crocheter! Of course most of the ladies I've seen when I've been there are knitters. Still haven't made it her shop for open knitting/crocheting night- I'm usually too tired by the time I leave work. her shop is about 25 minutes from where I live. Good luck following along with the WW!

I'm starting to fade fast so will end with saying that you are ALL such wonderful friends and I love having "our house" to come "home" to!!!

Thank you :manyheart

Hi House!

Linda ~ What a relief to have made your decision and to have had a good conversation with John. :manyheart I know you have plenty of things to do for your move and hope things go smoothly for you. :hug

Sabrina ~ I hope your cold/allergies clear up soon. It's so hard to focus on anything. :manyheart

Joanne ~ Sending lots of hugs and prayers for the twins and their parents. I'm glad you were able to see little Ryan. :c9

Valerie ~ My sister has asked me the same question...she doesn't understand how I can have "real" friends online! I've always felt that no one is going to take the time to post on a forum like the 'Ville and "fake" being a good person. :lol

Julie ~ We did the same thing when we bought this house...and now the closets and attic are full...again. DH has always been a pack rat and won't part with things. Of course, now we have oodles of toys and Luke's things - but that's a good thing!:D

Judy ~ That is so nice that you drove to see your friend - I'll bet she loved having the company. :)

Hi Jenni! I love all of your children's names. You must be a super busy mom! We're glad you're back. :manyheart

Hi to the rest of the House, too. I'm meeting DD and Luke at the Mall this a.m. Grammy wants to buy him some new shoes and sandals. :)

Good morning Housemates!

Car duty is done until 2pm. My sister and I are cleaning and throwing out. We will not renew the lease at this complex whether I've move back to Bama or not. I'm being proactive and shedding things now.

Linda - I'm glad things are working out. However, I feel that John should have told you he would like to make some changes instead of treating you the way he has. You're such a wonderful person...I know God has a great blessing for you. You were sowing good seeds when you gave away your yarn to the church. Lifting you and your new future up in prayer.

Julie - Thanks for the well wishes!

Joanne - Praying for the your dd's sil and her babies.

Wishing the rest of the House gang a wonderful day!

It would have been much nicer if he'd been upfront about things, but that doesn't seem to be his way. I'm seeing a lot of things in a new light now. I think it's going to be a very good thing for me to be on my own again.

Good afternoon ladies

Cut & paste alert Joanne :wink

I slept in today until 10:00 I got up and ready and decided to watch American Idol from last night before leaving the house. So I started my 3rd octagon from last week while watching tv. Last night we went out for wings. The place they always went to had closed down over the summer and we have yet to find a new good place to rival them, but keep trying new ones This place we went to last night came under new ownership a few months ago and our neighbor saw an advertisement for 25 cent wings Mon thru Thurs 8-10. Well they no longer had that special and the waitress went to ask if they would honor it and they DID. Then the new owner came out and was chatting with us and he lives near the office and like my skeleton in the window (that I never took down after Halloween), he gave me a tee shirt to put on him in the window, which I did when I got here So I gave him a gift certificate for a free visit too

Tonight we're going to dinner wiyh my cousin, who will be deployed sometime in April - June with the reserves....I can't remember if it will be Afghanistan or somewhere else though. He's my sisters age, they are the 2 oldest of our generation of siblings.

Val & Mary - I must say that you all are like my family as well and I talk about all of you to my parents, my sister, Maryann, and some other friends too. Initially they'd chuckle, but they all quickly grew to learn that we really are there for one another and now they'll all ask me questions about you guys and how you're doing :manyheart They may not know you're names, but will be general and refer to you as "your crochet ladies" :lol Whenever I have news (good or bad) to share, I can't wait to get here to tell you!

Jenni - Everything will come together for you and you will be stronger for it after the fight your giving, God will only throw at you what he know you can handle :hug I think we are all probably our own worst critics :yes I'm with Judy.....I'd be happy to help out testing for you too :bounce I think it was quite smart of DH to talk you into getting back to it :idea

Val - I think it would be awesome to open up your own yarn shop :clap

Sabrina - I hope things are starting to calm down.

Joanne - definitely sending out prayers for dd's sil and twins :hug :hug :hug

Linda - Great news that you've already seen 6 places that may work for you, now for the hard part and doing the research. Sending prayers your way to get through this rough patch :hug I am super excited for you though and I must say again that truely feel that this is the right decision for you :hug

Thanks everyone for the welcome :manyheart Things are still slightly hectic we are staying with a friend and trying to get back on our feet but the job market sucks and we are not having much luck. My hubby has talked me into designing stuff again and so I have made a teddy square and I think I am going to start working on making muppet character squares and possibly selling the patterns but unfortunately I am my own worst critic.

Muppet squares would be fun!! design them and let us test them for you!

Linda - I don't know what is happening in your life but it sure sounds difficult. Whatever it is, my heart and prayers are with you for peace and strength to push on!

Hope everyone has a great day! You gals are awesome!

It would have been much nicer if he'd been upfront about things, but that doesn't seem to be his way. I'm seeing a lot of things in a new light now. I think it's going to be a very good thing for me to be on my own again.

I'm sooooooo excited for you!! Esp after the last several months - they were hard ones for you. I have my own opinion about John, but won't say anything. It's over...so now you move forward! Your little furbaby will have to get used to new surroundings, too...

We did have a very nice time visiting our friend Jean yesterday. She showed us the blankets she's crocheted for Project Linus and had so much else to share with us. It was fun and long overdue!

Here's a pic of part of our back yard - Spring came at least a month early for us after the Winter that Never Was ended....

post-8552-135897750092_thumb.jpg

Muppet squares would be fun!! design them and let us test them for you!

Linda - I don't know what is happening in your life but it sure sounds difficult. Whatever it is, my heart and prayers are with you for peace and strength to push on!

I've been the live-in care giver for Miss Kim for the last 7 1/2 years. John, her husband, is a control freak and things have been getting progressively more out of my control for the last 6 months or so. Also Kim have double pneumonia and a heart attack in January. 14 very hairy days in the hospital. She's now home but much more fragile than before. I've gotten worn out, exhausted, and ill. They are getting ready to move to Texas in August to be near their son and grandchildren. I was going to go with them, but have decided not to do that. I'm sorting and packing my things and helping them sort their things, too. Lots of stress and hecticness going on.

I'm sooooooo excited for you!! Esp after the last several months - they were hard ones for you. I have my own opinion about John, but won't say anything. It's over...so now you move forward! Your little furbaby will have to get used to new surroundings, too...

As long as my furbaby has me at the center of her life she'll be fine.

Hi all

Another quick check in .

Jenni

Wow i just looked at your blog,and you have some MAJOR talent ,little missie ! Those knit items are absolutely stunning . Sure wish my knittign skills were that good.

And your pup is a riot . Such a funny face. He sure looks like he has a lot of personality .

Marisa

Sounds like you have more fun in store, dinners,and meetups and parties and friends . I'm glad you have so many fun things going on all the time .

Sabrina

Hi there ~~ Hope life is going well for you today .

Jude

Your backyard looks so pretty . We had some forsythis bushes blooming a week ago, but sadly all the flowers are fading away and dropping off now. It's so pretty this time of year when the flowering bushes and trees start coming out. I just wish they'd last longer .

Linda

It's very good to hear you so happy. It sounds like you are so excited to get your new life going . I think everyone in the House is excited for you too . Keep us updated as you can on the apartment and job search . I'm sure with the backup helpers you have ,it will be a roaring success .

Hi Ladies! DD, Luke and I had so much fun today. He was actually patient with us making him try on several pairs of shoes. :lol We found two pairs and they are so cute. Then we had lunch and he played on the "playground" they have in the mall.

Judy ~ Your yard is beautiful! Isn't it amazing how everything is so early this year? Two neighbors have asked DH when I'm going to plant my flowers. :lol We've been known to have a freeze in early April, so I always wait til mid April to plant tender things.

Better get busy and will check in later. I hope everyone is having a good day!

AMEN! They make all the difference, don't they?:c9

Hi Ladies! DD, Luke and I had so much fun today. He was actually patient with us making him try on several pairs of shoes. :lol We found two pairs and they are so cute. Then we had lunch and he played on the "playground" they have in the mall.

Such a sweet age....

Judy ~ Your yard is beautiful! Isn't it amazing how everything is so early this year? Two neighbors have asked DH when I'm going to plant my flowers. :lol We've been known to have a freeze in early April, so I always wait til mid April to plant tender things.

Better get busy and will check in later. I hope everyone is having a good day!

We wait till Mother's Day. The weather is way too changeable! A couple of mornings ago I woke up to ice instead of water in the birdbath!:eek

Have a good night, my friends:hug:manyheart

Hi all

Thanks for the prayers for DD's SIL--so far, she's ok- they did a cerclage and she's on complete bed rest. They usually try to keep the babies in until they are at least 30-32 wks along.

Judy- Great picture!!!! I also don't plant flowers or anything till Mother's Day or the after--that was always my gift when my DD's were growing up- Lots of flowers and we all planted them together!'

Mary- I am called Grammy too!! Sounds like a fun day with Luke!

Linda- You sound so happy now that a decision to stay in GA has been made. I'm thrilled for you and think it is absolutely the right move!!!!!

Marisa- Wow- you do so many things--always busy- I'm not really a wing person, but know how much you enjoy them.

Cindy- I'm thinking about you!!

Val- That's a great idea to take care of de-stashing! I think it was Mary who said her DH was a packrat--so is mine- he hates to throw things out- so I do it for him, when he's not around- and guess what? He never misses anything! I'm trying to slowly but surely go through things and get rid of them.

Off to get dinner out of the oven. Hugs to ALL of you!!

Hi all

Another quick check in .

Jenni

Wow i just looked at your blog,and you have some MAJOR talent ,little missie ! Those knit items are absolutely stunning . Sure wish my knittign skills were that good.

And your pup is a riot . Such a funny face. He sure looks like he has a lot of personality .

thanks! that is a very old blog when I get a chance I will post my ravelry up here. And that pup is Zeus we had to get rid of him when we moved but Istill keep in touch with the people who have him and we now have one of his puppies from the first litter and his name is atlas and he looks like his daddy! I love my pit bulls they are amazing loving dogs!

Hi all

Thanks for the prayers for DD's SIL--so far, she's ok- they did a cerclage and she's on complete bed rest. They usually try to keep the babies in until they are at least 30-32 wks along.

Sending prayers :hug

Judy-Bueautiful garden!

Here's a pic of part of our back yard - Spring came at least a month early for us after the Winter that Never Was ended....

OH! So pretty!! Our yard is the pits. When we bought our place in Nov. it was the laughing stock of the neighborhood. The lady that lived here was...um... eccentric, to say the least. The whole front yard was ivy and ground cover, every bush and flower known to mankind and a broke down fish pond. And if she could decorate it...she did. For example... at Christmas she had so many decorations that one friend of ours called it "The House that Christmas Puked On". Anywho - I love the simplicity of your garden area.

I've been the live-in care giver for Miss Kim for the last 7 1/2 years. John, her husband, is a control freak and things have been getting progressively more out of my control for the last 6 months or so. Also Kim have double pneumonia and a heart attack in January. 14 very hairy days in the hospital. She's now home but much more fragile than before. I've gotten worn out, exhausted, and ill. They are getting ready to move to Texas in August to be near their son and grandchildren. I was going to go with them, but have decided not to do that. I'm sorting and packing my things and helping them sort their things, too. Lots of stress and hecticness going on.

Oh mercy! I should say you do have some stress! It sounds like you're making wise choices. Take care of you and let your furbaby love on you! :hug

Hi all

27 ys ago my boy came a month and one week early and never even had to spend a min in NICU or even a glass bubble. He was a little peanut but grew up just fine. Prayers for her and the baby!

Well, gotta get the hubs up...have a great day everyone!

:manyheart

Good morning! TGIF!!!

I got to 'sleep in' this morning since I have an appointment before work! I actually slept till 6:30 which was nice!

I was planning to do some work in the yard tomorrow, but it looks like mother nature has rain planned for the day. Actually supposed to start tonight. Hope this is not going to be the pattern- nice during the week, rain on the weekend:eek We had one summer where it seemed to rain every weekend!

Good thoughts going out to all of you- Make it a good day!!!

Hi, ladies!

Joanne, I'm surprised you were able to sleep in! When we're so used to getting up at the same time it's normally hard to change our body clock. I hope today goes well for you.

TY for the compliments on the garden area...we have 2 other areas that have mini flagstone walls like that and are built up with some bushes and statuary - part of the reason was because the dogs and the shade were doing a job on the grass and we had to give the yard another focal point. They were DH's idea:)

We also have clay just under the grass so digging holes to plant bushes, etc, is a major undertaking!!:P

I nearly finished the dog graph square. Just have the tip of his tail, the rest of the background color and the border to do...won't get to that today, though, but want a FO to post, so maybe early next week.

Cindy, Tam, Dusti and others who have been absent:hug:manyheart:hug

Have a wonderful day today, my friends.:hug:manyheart

Good morning Housemates!

Judy - your yard is beautiful and so peaceful looking.

Linda - Is Trouble, the miniature schnauzer your furbaby?

Marisa, Joanne, Dusti, Mary, Tab, Marlene, Sabrina, Jenni and the rest of the gang...have a wonderful Friday!

I'm leaving for Alabama around noon. I'll check in when I can.

:huglove you guys!

Good morning everyone. The pollen count is coming down just a smidge, only 1,275 today, which is still very high but better than 1,500.

Went to my prayer shawl ministry group last night and they were thrilled that I will be staying here. They had some good ideas and will be on the look-out for potential places to stay and jobs for me too.

Val - My furbaby is Sweet Pea, the miniature poodle.

John is going turkey hunting this weekend. Said he's planning on being back home between noon and 1:00 on Sunday. So it's girls' weekend again for us. Not sure just what we'll do, but we'll find something to do even is it's just sorting and packing. :lol

Archived