Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi all,

Great pic- and we didn't get a pic with Judy in it:( But trust me when I say she looks great!!!!:) We had a wonderful visit and the 2 hours just flew on by!!!!

I didn't have to watch GS today since DD and her MIL took him with them to the bridal shower. The hostess requested that she bring him since there would be family there that hadn't yet met him. I decided to go treat myself to a mani and pedi:manyheart and relaxed in the wonderful massage chair! Then I went shopping to get some clothes- I had cleared out more clothes that no longer fit since they are too big:clap. I've been maintaining my weight and never want to fit in them again so off they will go to Goodwill tomorrow!!!

Cindy---Love that baby dress, hat and booties:)

Linda- I hope you don't overdue- you have been doing so much plus you had to recoup from not feeling well and being run down. I sure hope John doesn't expect perfection when you have been busy packing!!! :hug

Val- My stepdaughter loves living in AL- and said the same thing about everyone being friendly.

Julie- Choc chip ice cream is one of my favorite flavors. My son-in-law would have liked the vanilla cake- me, I'm a chocolate cake gal!!!

Mary- Jury duty again? When did you have it last? Here, we can't be summoned for jury duty for at least 3 years after serving. So I have 2 years to go before I could possibly have to do it again! Can't believe Luke is almost 2!!! Then again, can't believe Ryan turned 8 mos today!!!

Time to figure out what we are going to have for dinner.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here are my finished projects. Dress pattern from Crochet Today: May/June "08, hat pattern is a variation on a pattern on my blog, and the booties are knit from this pattern.

They're beautiful!!! Are they going to a pregnancy center?

Hi all,

Great pic- and we didn't get a pic with Judy in it:( But trust me when I say she looks great!!!!:) We had a wonderful visit and the 2 hours just flew on by!!!!

Did they EVER fly by!!

I didn't have to watch GS today since DD and her MIL took him with them to the bridal shower. The hostess requested that she bring him since there would be family there that hadn't yet met him. I decided to go treat myself to a mani and pedi:manyheart and relaxed in the wonderful massage chair! Then I went shopping to get some clothes- I had cleared out more clothes that no longer fit since they are too big:clap. I've been maintaining my weight and never want to fit in them again so off they will go to Goodwill tomorrow!!!

I have to get brave and purge my big clothes, too.

Mary- Jury duty again? When did you have it last? Here, we can't be summoned for jury duty for at least 3 years after serving. So I have 2 years to go before I could possibly have to do it again! Can't believe Luke is almost 2!!! Then again, can't believe Ryan turned 8 mos today!!!

Time to figure out what we are going to have for dinner.

The only time I ever got asked for jury duty was when DS was a toddler...and I wrote that in for an excuse. I've never been called again. Hubby has only gone once. They picked him to be the foreman:lol

Val

I never knew there was such a difference in people between those 2 states,but we have never spent any length of time down that way. We've been through Georgia n vacations and spent a night or 2 there,but nothing longer. We were always amazed at how friendly people down there are compared to here .

I bet your aunt is happy to see family come to visit her .

Mary

I'll be crossing my fingers that you dont have to serve on jury duty.

Wow, I cannot believe Luke will be TWO already ! A\See how fast the time goes ?

Cindy

The baby outfit is very pretty .

Joanne

It sounds like you had a really nice day today ! Good for you !

And I like just about any ice cream known to man .That also goes for cake. If it's CAKE, I'll eat it .

Jude

Looks like next meetup,someone else will have to take the photo so you get to be in it . Glad you had a good time today .

Cindy - The dress, hat and booties are beautiful.

Julie - She would much rather do the visiting to Alabama. My cousin that was born here told me that it's not the Georgians but all those that have migrated here from big cities. This includes the crazy drivers. I have never seen such rude driving...making a left turn from 4 lanes over. It kind of makes sense. Since Atlanta is the melting pot, it appears that there are more outsiders in the area than insiders. When I use to run the register at my store, visiting customers would alway ask where I was from. I'd say Alabama and they'd say everybody I meet here that is real nice is from Alabama.

I get to go to Alabama next weekend for a week. YES!!!

Joanne ~ Happy 8-month birthday to little Ryan! :manyheart Yep, we can be summoned every 6 months unless we've served on a jury for at least 6 days in the previous two years! Can't wait. :wink

Not a lot of crocheting going on yet, but I feel really good about what I accomplished today. :) So, time for a cup of soup and crochet time!

Good morning!

It's a grey, dreary, kind of day outside today. I don't think I'll be spending much time outdoors!

Mary- Hope you enjoyed your cup of soup and some crochet time!

Linda- Hope that John was kind when they got home and that Kim is doing well.

Julie- Dyeing eggs is fun!

I'm debating on whether to go to AC Moore today since all yarn is on sale 30% off, and I have my $10 rewards certificate. After all, this would be 'free' yarn if I stick to just getting $10. worth!! I also want to bring the clothes I packed up yesterday to Goodwill. Once the decision has been made to purge, they must get out of the house--just to keep me from changing my mind.

Judy- You can do it- it is easier to maintain weight knowing you have no clothes if you don't!

Good morning! Just waiting for the pain meds to kick in before getting to it again. John was pleased with the upstairs. Not so happy that the downstairs wasn't done, but didn't chew me out. I'll get there. :sigh It sometimes feels like he wants to erase all evidence from the house that I even live here. :sigh That doesn't feel good at all. :(

Here are my finished projects. Dress pattern from Crochet Today: May/June "08, hat pattern is a variation on a pattern on my blog, and the booties are knit from this pattern.

They are beautiful, Cindy!

Julie - She would much rather do the visiting to Alabama. My cousin that was born here told me that it's not the Georgians but all those that have migrated here from big cities. This includes the crazy drivers. I have never seen such rude driving...making a left turn from 4 lanes over. It kind of makes sense. Since Atlanta is the melting pot, it appears that there are more outsiders in the area than insiders. When I use to run the register at my store, visiting customers would alway ask where I was from. I'd say Alabama and they'd say everybody I meet here that is real nice is from Alabama.

I get to go to Alabama next weekend for a week. YES!!!

Have a marvelous time in Alabama, Val.

Love to you all. :manyheart

Hello all!

Linda - :hug:hug:hug:hug

Have a good day to the rest of the HOUSE!

On my way to church with my aunt and later to dinner to celebrate her birthday.

I might also get a chance to meet up with a cousin that drove in this morning to her son's basketball game.

There are a lot of Bamaians here...last week was their spring break. Spring break here start next Friday!!

:manyheart:manyheart:hugto you peepe!

BBL!!!

HI all,

I went to ACMoore and got some Bernat Waverly yarn with my $10.00 certificate. I had some Birch white and navy in my stash so picked up a lighter blue and will use this to make the RR for DD's sister-in-law's boy twin.

Getting ready to start it now.

Linda- :hug:hug:hug Sorry that John makes you feel that way- especially with all you do for Kim. He sounds like he is quite a controlling person. He's very, very, lucky to have you!!! Not many people would have lasted as long as you have taking care of his wife!

Val- Have fun today!! Hope it works out that you get to meet your cousin!

Howdy all

Val

Yea I guess it would be hard to live in a place that everyone else wants to move to . We are in a town where everyone moves away as soon as they graduate. Not much here in the way of jobs, etc,so the town never grows by much. We might get some new people in once in awhile, but others move ,so it kinda stays at the same number .

I'm glad you will get to go home for a week. It sound like you are looking forward to it. Hope you have a wonderful time .

Mary

Hope you get some quiet time in to crochet today . Glad none of the crappy weather hit where you guys are . How close are you to the place Marlene visits in the wintertime ? Are you close to the gulf ?

I had an uncle who lived in El Paso for most of his adult life .He loved it down there .

Joanne

Yep, it is grey and ugly here too . Looks like March today . I guess I can't complain .We have had so many really nice days this winter . Our temps are supposed to improve a bit this week again,so maybe the crappy weather wont last long .

Sounds like you picked some nice yarn and got a good deal. What is the waverly yarn like, is it fuzzy or a baby type yarn, or what ?

The colors sound pretty .

We DID have fun doing eggs yesterday. I think it'll be the last year Cam will want to do it though . He didnt seem quite as enthused about it .

Linda

So sorry that you are being treated in that manner. You certainly don't deserve it . He should be so grateful that you have been such a faithful employee and caregiver for so many years .

Just remember ,we value you in here ! You have a bunch of online supporters . :hug

Nothing much up in our neck of the woods, just getting some things done that needed done. I went and got copies of 90 pictures from reunions in the past few years to make a photo album to bring down to the motel this year so everyone that stays there with us can take a look at reunions past . I am looking SO forward to going this year,since we missed last year .

I also want to bring the clothes I packed up yesterday to Goodwill. Once the decision has been made to purge, they must get out of the house--just to keep me from changing my mind.

Good move!

Judy- You can do it- it is easier to maintain weight knowing you have no clothes if you don't!

:rofl:rofl:rofl

Good morning! Just waiting for the pain meds to kick in before getting to it again. John was pleased with the upstairs. Not so happy that the downstairs wasn't done, but didn't chew me out. I'll get there. :sigh It sometimes feels like he wants to erase all evidence from the house that I even live here. :sigh That doesn't feel good at all. :(

That would be my feelings, too! Sucks, big time - to put it bluntly. He really doesn't appreciate you.

HI all,

I went to ACMoore and got some Bernat Waverly yarn with my $10.00 certificate. I had some Birch white and navy in my stash so picked up a lighter blue and will use this to make the RR for DD's sister-in-law's boy twin.

Getting ready to start it now.

Awesome!

Just a quick check in to let you know that my mom is not doing well, and is not expected to survive for many days. She has been unconscious since last evening. I won't be around much for the next few days.

Awwww, Cindy:hug:hug:hug You are in my prayers. This is unbelievable:(

Hi everybody,

Getting ready to leave my sister's and go home.

Joanne - I had a wonderful time with my aunt today. I slipped up behind her in the hallway at church before it started. She screamed and kissed me over and over again anad again. My family said that she acts like she's won the lottery when I'm in her presence. She was sooooo overjoyed. We went out to dinner and had a wonderful time. I didn't get a chance to see my cousin from Alabama because they had an extra game and they had to get back home because her 14 year old has school tomorrow. I spend a lot of time with her each visit to Alabama and we talk on the phone practically everyday. We've already got plans for several days next week.

Cindy - I am sooo sorry. Lifting you and your family up in prayer. We're here always!

Alabaster use to be like your town. However, those that desire quality of life from the Birmingham area are moving into our subdivisions, therefore, we can't help but to grow. My street stays the same because it consists of family homes and all the land surrounding. How did your weekend go with Cam? I hope you guys had fun.

Well let me sign off so that my sister can take me home and get back before it's too late. Have a good evening all. See you guys tomorrow.

Cindy- You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!:hug:hug

Val- Glad that you had a wonderful visit with your aunt!!:)

I had just started the RR and got about 5 rounds done, when my DD and GS came over. They stayed for dinner and just left around 8!! So needless to say, didn't get any :crocheting done, but had a wonderful time with them!!:manyheart

See you in the AM!

Last to post last night and first to open the house! Good morning!!!! Coffee (and tea for those of you who prefer tea) is ready!!!

Busy day on tap- and then it's craft club tonight so at least I know I'll get a little crocheting in today!!!

Hope you ALL have a good day!!!!

'morning, peeps!

Joanne, what a great way to spend the rest of your weekend! I hope work goes well.

Cindy:hug:manyheart

Marisa, I hope you managed to get some rest yesterday after the bachelorette party Saturday!:lol

Have a good day, everyone:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Morning All

Wow, where did the warm weather go ? It's quite NIPPY out today .. Back to the sweatshirts and extra blankets .

Hope everyone has a good day today . Will stop in again later .

We're getting a freeze warning for tonight!:eek

How's your green xst coming along?

Hi Jude

The X-stitch is V E R Y slow .It goes in spurts. I work on it a bit, then put it down . I spend more time reading than crafts lately .

I just finished a book on the Titanic . Coming up on the 100th anniversary of it,so there are lots of new books coming out on it .

How about you ,whatcha doing now ? Get the shawl pattern yet ?

Good morning everyone. The sun is shining and it's back to a more normal routine again. I can tell that Kim is extra tired, but not too bad. John is super excited about the move to Texas. Hopefully when I can see some floor plans and/or pictures I'll be able to get excited too. Right now it's just the work to get ready for it that I see.

Just a quick check in to let you know that my mom is not doing well, and is not expected to survive for many days. She has been unconscious since last evening. I won't be around much for the next few days.

Oh, Cindy! Prayers and love coming your way. :hug:hug:hug It's not uncommon for a couple who are as close as your mom and dad to die close together. It's hard to lose them both, but they will be together and free of all infirmities. :hug:hug:hug

Good morning housemates!

Joanne - thanks, I am glad you had a visit with Ryan to end a good weekend or begin your new week. Have fun at crafts tonight.

Julie - it's a little nippy at the beginning and ending of the day but the in between is just beautiful.

To all the other housemates, have a great day!!!

BBL.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Joanne....cut and paste alert :wink

I had a great long weekend :yes On thursday I picked up my friend at 8:30, but we did leave until about 9:30 because we were hanging out and chatting with her dh (whom I haven't seen in years, but we all went to chiro school together). We got to my parents around 2ish AM and my mom had just woken up to use the bathroom so she came out since she heard us and we stood in the hallway chatting a bit before we all went to bed :lol My mom hasn't seen her since our graduation so she was really excited to see her too.

When I got up on Friday, I watched American Idol on my mom's DVR and mom made us breakfast before she went to work. Then we got ourselves together and ran to the mall, then to a few stores looking for fun bachelorette party stuff :devil:lol, stopped at the liquor store, and starbucks. Then back to my parents where we had dinner and relaxed for a bit. Left for Newark around 7ish after visiting with my Aunt and Uncle too. Sat around chatting with Kathy for a while and then hit the sack.

Got up Saturday and I met with Joanne and the other ladies :clap:yay while Kathy went to work and our other friend met up with her Aunt who was visiting just outside Newark from Puerto Rico. When we all got back we walked over to the hot dog truck for a quick light lunch since it was around 1:30 and we were going to the Capital Grille for a big supper.

So supper was nice and one girl and I split because we couldn't decide so she ordered steak and I ordered salmon and we had the best of both worlds :lol After dinner we went back to the 'planners' house where the limo was waiting for us to take us into the city for the strip club....of course we had a blast and we got our bachelorette trashed :eek But she surely had a great night :yes When we left there, we went to an 80's club :clap I was super excited about that one :yes (I'm not a club person and hate techno) Well, all of a sudden the evenings events hit our bachelorette and she was ready to go home, so we called the limo to pick us up early and called it a night.

My friend and I left Newark about 9 yesterday morning back to my parents house and then showered there and lounged a bit. Had an early dinner around 1ish. We were getting our stuff together and another friend (that came out to Newark too) called to see if I was still at my parents that she was stopping over in a few minutes. She was going to get some coconut cream easter eggs for her daughter that my mom made :lol So we waited and hung out a bit more before leaving since she ended up coming earlier than she initially anticipated. She thought she'd be going over around 3 or 4 so we didn't anticipate seeing her again.

So we left my parents around 3:15 and got back to town around 7:30-7:45. I dropped my friend off at her house, went home and unpacked then watched tv and hit the hay.

I had a meeting this morning at a coffee shop near the house with a lady from the CF foundation. They have a walk coming up and I told her that I wanted to volunteer to help and she just gave me info about making a team....I tried to tell her a few times that I wanted to volunteer my time and help out with the event, but she just wasn't getting that part. :shrug:lol

I saw some talk about Mary being called for jury duty again :hug I don't remember what the rules are here. But I was summoned twice in the last couple years, but as a doctor, I don't have to go since I have to be here to treat my patients :yes So I guess having the pass the first time might have negated the summons because I think PA is like Joannes in NJ where you can only get called every so many years...I feel like it's 2 here :think

Julie - Did you have fun coloring eggs? I haven't done that in forever :lol Happy belated birthday to Sam! The weather is a bit nippy here as well today, but I like it :lol

Mary - I surely am well traveled and my poor car is racking up the miles :( Still have the wedding in 3 weeks. I can't believe Luke is going to be 2 this week already :eek

Linda - Sorry that John is always ragging on you about the house, you surely do not deserve it :hug But, on the bright side....at least it wasn't as bad as you anticipated it would be :think Keep your spirits up and we're here to listen to you rant all the time :wink

Cindy - Your baby outfit is absolutely adorable :manyheart So sorry to hear that your mom has taken a turn for the worse :hug :hug Of course, I have continued love and prayers coming your way :hug :hug

Judy - Why didn't we have someone take the pic for you to be in it with us :think I guess thinking about it 2 days later isn't very helpful, is it?! :lol We took Kathy's dog for a walk with us when we went to the hot dog stand and it wasn't very far, but he was worn out too :lol

Val - Sorry you didn't get to see your cousing, but at least you had a great visit with your aunt :clap I'm originally from a fairly small town as well and nobody really stays around there anymore either :shrug

Joanne - :yay on the mani/pedi and the new clothes, and the new yarn, and craft club tonight :wink

Back again ladies

Linda

Maybe you'll get more excited once you see the house or get there . It's probably all the uproar right now with moving. It's a really big job to do .

I hope you don't take this wrong, but would you consider looking for another position when they decide to move ? That way you could stay put in the town you're in and not have to leave your friends and church, etc. You've been there quite a long time, haven't you ?

Not sure how you'd feel about it . I know you are very attached to Kim, but you may be finding it hard to get excited about moving since you'll be leaving all the friendships you have made .

Just a question .... ?

Val

Hi there -- good to see you . :)

Marisa

Wow, you had quite a full weekend of fun . Sounds like everything went well .

Your dinner of "Surf & Turf " sounds good, with you and a friend each getting one item and splitting it .

If WE have Surf and Turf, it's a fish sandwich that you drop on the ground. Pick it up,brush it off and eat it . :D

Did you see any of those NEKKID man dancers you wanted to stuff in your trunk and bring home with you ? :eek:devil

Archived