Our House Part Two

JulieKay

HI all,

Linda- I'm glad that you and John had a little talk and that you got to see some pics- I know it would be hard on Kim if you left- and that's what makes you so special- thinking of someone else rather than yourself!!!

Marisa- Love all the ideas you have! I was also thinking along the lines of Linda with the 15 minute neck/back rubs. Love the ideas for the goody bags. I think it's great that you'll have on tee shirts with Swarovski crystals!!!

Judy- WTG at WW!!!! I used to do that too on weigh in day--treat myself, then back on track!!!

Mary- Congrats on the news of a new grandchild!!!! How cute that Luke was the one to 'tell' you!!! Good news that you've fulfilled your civic duty and don't have to do jury duty!

Julie- It was 29 degrees when I left the house this morning for work! Freezing!!! It did warm up this afternoon and when i came out of work close to 6 it still felt ok outside. It's crazy- but this is more "March-like' weather for sure!

Tab- How are you, the fam and cutie pie Elijah doing?

Dusty- if you happen to see this, hope all is well with you and your family

Cindy- Thinking of you!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, ya, peeps!

I have stuff to do today so have to dash...will be by later on today.

Have a great day, my friends:hug:manyheart

Good morning housemates :hi

It just started POURING :eek And thundering and all that jazz :wink Glad I'm already at the office. The threat was in the air when I was leaving the house. It's supposed to be 70 today, it was chilly yesterday and back to the 50's tomorrow :think

Not much going on here, I have to go check for the new mcal clue, it should be up now. I did octagon 2 last night so still have 4 more from last week :lol My sister finished clue 1 last night, which isn't too bad considering that she had 3 weeks of no crochet time in there :think

I have to run over to my accountants office this afternoon to pick up my paperwork from him, other than that....nothing exciting going on today :no

Hi ladies! I used to be part of this post a long time ago before my life jumped in the way lol. Was hoping I could get right back in. Since the last time I was on crochetville I moved out had no internet had a baby boy Jakob then got married to Jakobs daddy then got evicted due to husband losing his job and got pregnant again and had little Charlotte and now that she is 3 months old and not having to be constantly held I am back lol.

Hi ladies! I used to be part of this post a long time ago before my life jumped in the way lol. Was hoping I could get right back in. Since the last time I was on crochetville I moved out had no internet had a baby boy Jakob then got married to Jakobs daddy then got evicted due to husband losing his job and got pregnant again and had little Charlotte and now that she is 3 months old and not having to be constantly held I am back lol.

:welcome back!!! I don't believe we've met :think But I'm sorry if we had. I'm Marisa and I just moved from Philly to Pittsburgh to open my own chiropractic office. I have 2 turtles that are currently at my parents house in the Poconos since I'm living with my sister and her bf right now. I'm not married and do not have any children.

Good morning Housemates!

Jenni - welcome back. We have all at some time had to step away. However, the "House" always welcomes everybody. This is a house of love for one another. I'm Valere. I've been in and out of the house due to life as well. I'm not married but I share a place with one of my 3 sisters, her daughter, son and granddaughter...oh and MJ the cat. I'm from Alabama currently living in Georgia. Have a great day!

Mary - Congrats on the announcement of another grandbaby!

Marisa - I still have clue 3, 4 & to do. I didn't get caught up this past weekend as I planned because of time spent with family. So far this week, I've been suffering with allergies/headache. I like your ideas for building your business.

Judy - congrats on your weigh in. If you're going to get off the wagon so to speak, it's weigh in day. You then have 6 days to recover. My sister and niece joined WW on Monday night.

Cindy - Lifting you and family up in prayer :hug.

Joanne, Dusty, Marlene, Tab & Linda - I hope you're all having a great day.

Good morning. John and I had another long talk last night. I stayed awake a long, long time last night thinking about everything and the rules he laid down and I've decided that I'm going to stay here and not move to Texas with them. Will tell him tonight. I really don't know how he's going to take it. I think a part of him will be relieved and a part of him my panic. I really don't know. My doctors, friends, and support group are all here, so it has to work out somehow. Rosie and Carol are going to help me with the search for a place to live.

Welcome back, Jenni! :hi

Hi everyone

Was gonna say good morning but I see it's noon ,so I'm running late today .

Hello to Marisa

Joanne,Jude and Val ... I think that's all the ones to check in today ..

A big welcoem back to Jenni

Good to see you again. I remember you from before,and of course, you are welcome back . We all step out at times when life gets in the way,so no worries.

Congrats on your new babies . I hope life is better now and you found a new place to live .That'd be scarey to be evicted with little kids.

We rented once a long time ago when we had to move like that. We weren't evicted due to loss of jobs or anything. The lady who owed the house we rented had a nephew getting married and she wanted him and his new wife to live in her house rent free to help them out,so we got notice that we had to move. We had a couple months to find another place and ended up moving 2 doors up into another rental house so it all worked out in the end. It was certainly scarey at the time because all the kids were small.

Linda

I'm glad you had time to think things through after another talk with John .It sounds like you are at peace with your decision and have thought it through thoroughly . If this is definitely what you want to do then don't back down .He may try to change his tune if you say you are quitting and suddenly play the nice guy and make promises to you. Just remember what he has already said and done ,or you will uproot yourself and go with them,then the same shenanigans will start ,only this time you will be away from all your people you have as backup there where you live.

If you have friends to help you ,I bet they will help get you settled in an apartment ,get the word out that you are looking for work,and help you get situated in a new place where you will have some free time for yourself .

Thinking of you and hoping it goes well tonite and that you are making a good decision that will make you happy . It's just not fair to be treated like that when you did nothing to deserve it .

Keep us updated as you can . ( * I bet your friends will be tickled pink that you are staying )

Linda

I'm glad you had time to think things through after another talk with John .It sounds like you are at peace with your decision and have thought it through thoroughly . If this is definitely what you want to do then don't back down .He may try to change his tune if you say you are quitting and suddenly play the nice guy and make promises to you. Just remember what he has already said and done ,or you will uproot yourself and go with them,then the same shenanigans will start ,only this time you will be away from all your people you have as backup there where you live.

If you have friends to help you ,I bet they will help get you settled in an apartment ,get the word out that you are looking for work,and help you get situated in a new place where you will have some free time for yourself .

Thinking of you and hoping it goes well tonite and that you are making a good decision that will make you happy . It's just not fair to be treated like that when you did nothing to deserve it .

Keep us updated as you can . ( * I bet your friends will be tickled pink that you are staying )

Actually, Rosie and John were delighted. Carol was too when Rosie passed the word on to her. And they will all help with the search for job and housing and IRS.

Sounds great Linda !

I kept thinking about your friends, especially Rosie since you talk about her so much. I kept wondering about how much you would miss her and she would miss you .

If you have them behind your decision ,plus a group at church ,I'll bet they will all rally around you and get things lined up for you for a job and a place all your own.

This will be an exciting new start for you ,and nobody chewing at your constantly. You must have a LOT more patience than I do. I would have blown a gasket a long time ago .

Good morning Housemates!

Marisa - I still have clue 3, 4 & to do. I didn't get caught up this past weekend as I planned because of time spent with family. So far this week, I've been suffering with allergies/headache. I like your ideas for building your business.

Joanne, Dusty, Marlene, Tab & Linda - I hope you're all having a great day.

Thanks Val :hug I hope you're feeling better :yes

Good morning. John and I had another long talk last night. I stayed awake a long, long time last night thinking about everything and the rules he laid down and I've decided that I'm going to stay here and not move to Texas with them. Will tell him tonight. I really don't know how he's going to take it. I think a part of him will be relieved and a part of him my panic. I really don't know. My doctors, friends, and support group are all here, so it has to work out somehow. Rosie and Carol are going to help me with the search for a place to live.

Welcome back, Jenni! :hi

I honestly think that's a wise decision and I know it was a difficult one :hug I know how attached you and Kim are to one another, but I must say that I feel much more at peace with this decision :think I know we can't really help you with finding housing or work since we're not in the area t all, BUT we are all here for moral support so please feel free to vent as much as you need to....and I'm sure you'll have alot coming, but just remember that it helps to 'let it out' :hug :hug :hug

I honestly think that's a wise decision and I know it was a difficult one :hug I know how attached you and Kim are to one another, but I must say that I feel much more at peace with this decision :think I know we can't really help you with finding housing or work since we're not in the area t all, BUT we are all here for moral support so please feel free to vent as much as you need to....and I'm sure you'll have alot coming, but just remember that it helps to 'let it out' :hug :hug :hug

Thanks, Marisa. I may end up bending your ears a lot before this is through, but I'm hoping it can go comparatively smoothly. We shall see. :P

Hi House. :waving Thank you for sharing in our grandbaby excitement. :manyheart

Jenni ~ Hi and welcome back! I hope life has calmed down a bit now and that we'll see you a lot. :)

Linda ~ I've been so worried about your move to Texas...worried about your being more isolated...away from friends...etc. (Of course, I've also been excited to know we would only be two hours apart!) I'm proud of you for deciding to take care of your needs for a change and I know things will work out! You already know we're here whenever you need to talk. :hug

Greetings all!

So much has gone one here since I was here. I'd love to reply to everyone personally but my foggy head just can't do it right now. Crochet has been sporadic and even then not great. Seems like I can get one row on an afghan done, find 5 buggers, frog it and then start over. It's frustrating. Oh well, this too shall pass! :)

My heart and prayers are with so many of you! Hopefully I'll get a chance to do personal replies later.

:waving

Thanks everyone for the welcome :manyheart Things are still slightly hectic we are staying with a friend and trying to get back on our feet but the job market sucks and we are not having much luck. My hubby has talked me into designing stuff again and so I have made a teddy square and I think I am going to start working on making muppet character squares and possibly selling the patterns but unfortunately I am my own worst critic.

Judy - congrats on your weigh in. If you're going to get off the wagon so to speak, it's weigh in day. You then have 6 days to recover. My sister and niece joined WW on Monday night.

That's awesome! Remind them that it's a journey - not a destination and that the meetings will be a wonderful sorce of support. I wish them the best!

Oh, wow - I'm soooooo happy you made this decision! If you were in Tx...and then the hammer fell...it would have been awful for you. There's a season for everything...

Hi Sabrina...we're always here, so if life interferes for a while don't feel badly. Just come on back in and pull up a chair.

JENNI!!!!!!!! Welcome back my sweet little friend! :hug Congrats on the babies...and I'm sure your work will be wonderful to sell. If you need input/testers don't heitate to ask us.

Hi Sabrina

Good to see you again ! I understand about the crocheting and also having a foggy head and not getting much accomplished .

Drop in whenever you want. You're always welcome .

Jenni

Good luck to your husband finding a job. I know certain areas seem to have it harder than others. There sre no jobs here but we live in a wee little town ,so not many places to work .

Also good luck on your new designs .

HiYa Jude

Get all your errands done today ?

I had a busy day - took a friend of mine and we went 45 minutes south of us to visit an 85 yo lady we know. Wierd how we met her, but the lady crochets, too...she used to livenearby but moved to live with her DD.

Off I go - CU all some time later or tomorrow.:hug:manyheart

Linda - Life is too short to put others well being over your own. I know you love Kim and would do anything for her. I'm hurt that John would treat you this way after all you've done for them. You deserve happiness. It will be nice that you can crochet when you want to and have no one to worry about but yourself. :hug

Thanks Val :hug I hope you're feeling better :yes

Thanks Marisa. I have finally gotten rid of the headache. My sister and I are cleaning out and getting rid of some stuff before we go to Alabama. We will finish when we get back. I'll take my crochet with me and catch up there.

Greetings all!

So much has gone one here since I was here. I'd love to reply to everyone personally but my foggy head just can't do it right now. Crochet has been sporadic and even then not great. Seems like I can get one row on an afghan done, find 5 buggers, frog it and then start over. It's frustrating. Oh well, this too shall pass! :)

My heart and prayers are with so many of you! Hopefully I'll get a chance to do personal replies later.

:waving

Hello Sabrina. It is good to hear from you. I hope things settle down for you soon.

Thanks everyone for the welcome :manyheart Things are still slightly hectic we are staying with a friend and trying to get back on our feet but the job market sucks and we are not having much luck. My hubby has talked me into designing stuff again and so I have made a teddy square and I think I am going to start working on making muppet character squares and possibly selling the patterns but unfortunately I am my own worst critic.

Go for it Jenni. I am going to look into a yarn shop when I move back to Bama. I've decided that life is too short to do something other than what makes you happy. I've wanted to do this every since I read the book "A Good Yarn."

That's awesome! Remind them that it's a journey - not a destination and that the meetings will be a wonderful sorce of support. I wish them the best!...

Thanks Judy. I will pass your wishes on to them. I'm probably going to use their material and follow along,

Have a good evening all. Break is over!!!

I had one heck of a day! Babysat for my GS so my DD could go visit her Sis-in-law--- she's in the hospital- and we are hoping that she can keep the twins! She's only 21 or 22 wks along and is threatening delivery! If you don't mind a few prayers and positive thoughts would be appreciated!

Linda- I'm very happy with the decision you have made. I wondered what would happen if something happened to Kim - (not wishing that by any stretch of the imagination) and you were in TX- without your support group, and your friends! I can only imagine how happy Carol, Rosie &John are that you are staying in GA! We're all here for you- whenever you need us!!! Like Judy said- "there is a season for everything" and like I say- Everything happens for a reason!

Welcome back Jenni and Sabrina--glad you stopped back in!!!! Our House is always open!!!!

Val- Oh, that is so cool - to open a yarn shop. What an awesome plan!!! You are so totally right- life is too short to not be doing something that makes you happy!!!There is a lady who just opened her yarn shop about 2 months ago and it such a fun place to go. I've been there twice and she herself also crochets so she appreciates a crocheter! Of course most of the ladies I've seen when I've been there are knitters. Still haven't made it her shop for open knitting/crocheting night- I'm usually too tired by the time I leave work. her shop is about 25 minutes from where I live. Good luck following along with the WW!

I'm starting to fade fast so will end with saying that you are ALL such wonderful friends and I love having "our house" to come "home" to!!!

Joanne, I glad you got a chance to spend time with Ryan. Thanks for the support and I love all of the House gang as well. I was telling my sister on Sunday about Cindy and her double loss within a week or so. She stopped me and asked, "Do you know these people." I told her, I might not have seen them but I do know them. We are family!

I feel closer to you guys than I do with people I've known all my life. Have a good night Housemates!!!

Morning ladies

Hope everyone is doing well today .

Val

That would be so neat to own your own yarn shop. Hope you can make your dream come true . :)

Joanne

Sure hope your daughter's SI and the babies are ok . :hug

I hope your day today goes better and isnt so hectic .

Jude

Sounds like you had an enjoyable day yesterday .

Linda

Thinking of you today and hoping all went well last night when you gave John your notice .

Will check in later on today sometime .

Archived