Our House Part Two

JulieKay

:)

Hi ladies

Just a quick drop in this AM. This blasted flu is taking the sap out of me .

Marisa

I hope you don't have to date til the number 13 to find your lucky guy, that'd take a LOT of patience . The right one will come stumbling along when you least expect it . Remember my BARBECUE PREDICTION ? It's coming up, THIS SUMMER .... BOTL (Be On The Lookout ) .THAT is when you will find Mr Right .

Sorry about the trouble with the insurance company and your charges not being covered . Ridiculous . I know the insurance companies, billing, etc is a constant battle . I'm usually on the phone every week with insurance, the pharmacy or someone about our medical charges and coverage .

Jude

How are you liking the Stand ? I've heard it runs along the same type of idea as Hunger Games. I have it on my Kindle,because it is on so many people's FAVORITES for their book lists . I havent gotten into it yet,because it looks like a really long book ,so will wait til I'm in the mood for a big one .

Did yo uever get your dog square completed ?

Hi Joanne

Craft club sounds like you really enjoy it . The rr's are really good items to work on if you wanna yak or watch tv or something else,too .

I hope you have a wonderful time when you get to go visit your girl .

Tab

So glad you had a good birthday,and you must be special if you got TWO cakes Sounds like they were very tasty .

Elijah sounds as if he is a good eater and nice and strong and healthy . He'll get into a sleeping pattern here soon so you can get a little more rest at night .

Cindy

Hope you got rested up before your first day back at work ,and that it went well. Maybe it'll help you to get back into a routine of things and keeping busy .Also ,working as a nurse is great therapy, makes you feel good that you are helping others .

Val

How is you BAMA time going ? all your posts sound like you are really happy and having fun .

Linda

Sounds as if you are still very busy trying to keep things going with the sorting and packing . Didnt you say John lost his job or got laid off awhile back ? I was wondering what he does with his free time ? Does he ever pack boxes or run loads to Goodwill ? He needs to hire a moving service to come in and do it if he won't . I dont know how you'd keep up with everything you do . Sure hope time goes fast so you can get yourself moved soon .

Fixing the heirloom items would take so much talent and patience ! You must be really good at it. I bet there would be a market for that if you live in an area where people keep their heirloom items from ancestors like that. I'd love to have more items that my grandma made,but I'm not sure what happened to all her things like that. I think my one cousin got rid of it all before anyone else was even informed . Very sad to remember all the things she had ,and not know where they are or who has them now .

Priceless and irrreplaceable.

Mary

Are you ok ? We saw the videos of the bad storms down your way yesterday. Sure hope they were nowhere near you . Looks like a lot of property damage,but last we heard, they had found no one seriously injured . I guess living down there, you are probably used to the storms and know what to do when they hit. I remember being on vacation in SC one year and they had a really bad storm hit like that. Everyone that lived there didnt seem worried at all,they just went about their business and didnt get flustered a bit .

Marlene

Good to have you back home and posting nice long posts. How is the hubby doing ? Did your homemade soup do the trick and help him out ? Maya was funny telling you to bring a book in the bathroom if you need to go in there to wait out a storm. It's a good idea, if you arent the type who is scared during a storm, or you'd be too nervous to read . You're teaching her not to be afraid though,which is good. She is getting good instructions on what to do so she wont be scared if it ever happens .

It sounds beautiful down where you guys go on vacation ,and nice that you are making some good friends there . I dont have very many friends here myself. Just about all of them have moved elsewhere ,like other states,and rarely if ever come back here for anything. Our town seems to be like thsat, people who grow up here usually leave after school to go elsewhere then rarely move back . I guess I am used to it now .We dont have a very friendly neighborhood either. No neighbor trouble, but no one speaks ,they all stay to themselves . I guess they'd help you out if you needed something, but they wouldnt come offer,you'd have to go ask them .

Well, not sure what I will get into today. Cam wanted to come up,but I'd rather he wasnt here when I am crouping my head off . I'd hate for him to get it too. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel a bit better and be over the coughing part a bit more .

I did manage to get him and his sister each an Easter gift. He's getting older now so doesnt do the basket thing any longer,so he wanted a Lego set . He is collecting several different ones, but the latest ones are little ninja guys ,so I bought him one of the helicopters to put together that goes with that set . Those things are EXPENSIVE . Whoever invented Legos has to be a millionaire . I got his sister a big Dora babydoll in a long pretty dress sine she loves Dora.

Sam gave the cupcake purse to the coworker and she gave it to her little girl. She drew me a picture and wrote a thank you note ,which was so cute. She's in 1st grade and sounds like a real character . It's nice to make things for people who appreciate them so much,and it was good to be able to crochet a bit again .

Well, off to do something constructive for a bit .

Hope everyone has a good day today .

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning! John has decided that they aren't going hunting this weekend, because "I" need the three days to work on the downstairs, so they couldn't go 2 weekends in a row. (Not that it was a long time for me to be on duty every day or that it was Easter weekend. :no) I have some plans of my own for the weekend, since I won't be on duty. One thing is attending several church services. :P And I've already been invited out for Easter dinner, too. :P

Kim is congested and constipated again, so it could be a long day. John said she didn't get much sleep last night so she'll probably sleep sitting up in the chair today a good bit of the time. :sigh Poor thing. She did great yesterday during the day.

Nice to have you back on your home ground, Marlene. Will Maya and/or any of the rest of your family be with you for Easter?

Hope you feel better soon, Julie. :hug

Have a good day. :manyheart

'morning, peeps!

Wanted to share this in case you haven't heard of this before. If you have a bunch of solar lights in your yard and the power goes out you could bring them inside and use them for safe lighting inside. They will fit inside most water bottles. You have to put marbles, sand or something to weigh the bottle down.
I NEVER would have thought of that! We have at least one long power outage every year - I think I might get a few more of those...we have 2 in the back.

Rosie and John's daughter invited me to join them for supper tonight and then we watched the movie, HOP, with them. A really nice evening! AND she has a crocheted thread heirloom tableclothe in need of repairs and has asked me to do them for her. I said I would after I get moved. This time I'll take plenty of before and after pictures of the piece. She has run into people who need things repaired over the years and thinks I could get enough business to make it at least a part-time business. She's going to refer anyone she hears of to me. :) I'm sure it will take size 20 crochet thread and a size 7 steel hook to fix part of it and white thread and a sewing needle to fix the other part. She has panels with breaks starting in some sections that are still small and seams between the panels where the joining thread has disintegrated. I'm looking forward to it.What great stuff going on...I'm still so excited for this new stage in your life! You would think I was the one starting out on a new adventure:lol

John isn't going hunting this weekend so that I can spend the weekend sorting and cleaning in the downstairs all weekend. I've got an invitation to Easter dinner and plan on going to church some too, since I won't be taking care of Kim 24 hours a day. :P

Fantastic!! :c9

:)

Hi ladies

Just a quick drop in this AM. This blasted flu is taking the sap out of me .

Don't forget your clear fluids....:hug:hug

Marisa

I hope you don't have to date til the number 13 to find your lucky guy, that'd take a LOT of patience . The right one will come stumbling along when you least expect it . Remember my BARBECUE PREDICTION ? It's coming up, THIS SUMMER .... BOTL (Be On The Lookout ) .THAT is when you will find Mr Right .You know, that's what I was thinking, too....:)

Jude

How are you liking the Stand ? I've heard it runs along the same type of idea as Hunger Games. I have it on my Kindle,because it is on so many people's FAVORITES for their book lists . I havent gotten into it yet,because it looks like a really long book ,so will wait til I'm in the mood for a big one . It is a "survival" type of story - and very long. Kindle only shows percentage of the book read, not pages...and I still have quite a way to go. It's definitely not bedtime reading - for ma, anyway. Iread Sherlock Holmes before bedtime...relaxes me:lol

Did yo uever get your dog square completed ?Yup, pic to come later today:D

Well, not sure what I will get into today. Cam wanted to come up,but I'd rather he wasnt here when I am crouping my head off . I'd hate for him to get it too. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel a bit better and be over the coughing part a bit more . Smart thinking...;)

I did manage to get him and his sister each an Easter gift. He's getting older now so doesnt do the basket thing any longer,so he wanted a Lego set . He is collecting several different ones, but the latest ones are little ninja guys ,so I bought him one of the helicopters to put together that goes with that set . Those things are EXPENSIVE . Whoever invented Legos has to be a millionaire . I got his sister a big Dora babydoll in a long pretty dress sine she loves Dora.

Legos have always been expensive...DS loved those, too, when he was Cam's age.

Sam gave the cupcake purse to the coworker and she gave it to her little girl. She drew me a picture and wrote a thank you note ,which was so cute. She's in 1st grade and sounds like a real character . It's nice to make things for people who appreciate them so much,and it was good to be able to crochet a bit again .

That's wonderful about the little girl's note! Makes your day, doesn't it?

Oh, Linda - your last day with John and Kim can't come soon enough, IMO! How much longer, do you think?

I'll be back later today sometime...have a good one, my friends:hug

Good morning ladies :hi

I was up before my alarm so got myself together and headed in. Thanks everyone :hug

Last night we went out to dinner and it was a great night. We all walked back together and then hung out a Steph's house a bit just chatting and 2 of the ladies called their dh's to come down too. So bean then had company watching the hockey game :lol

I have a lot going on today and am praying that the guy with the weird insurance will choose to be a cash patient. He obviously can't go to ANY chiropractor, so would have to decide on a different method of treatment otherwise :xfin So, I have 3 patients scheduled for today AND Ingrid's bringing the kids to hang out for a few hours this afternoon. But, they are very well behaved kids and will easily amuse themselves. I'm thinking of ordering a pizza for lunch from right across the street, but I'll wait to see if they're even hungry :think I did swipe a couple Capri Suns out of Steph's fridge for them :devil Steph keeps them just for the kids because we don't drink them :lol

Judy - I was sharing the fudge recipe in my other thread and decided you all would love to have it too :devil It is very yummy and you'll love it :yes

Joanne - How exciting that you have going to visit DD next month to look forward to :yay When in May are you going, memorial day or sooner? I'll be heading in Florida for a long weekend on the last day of May :D

Marlene - Thanks for your input on the mall event and gift bag ideas :hug Maya is too cute and I was going to tell you to remind her to bring a flashlight to see the book :lol Until I read your next post and see you already thought of the lighting situation.

Linda - :yay for a great night with Rosie and John's daughter. Great idea to make some extra cash at repairing people's heirloom items :idea I'm sure you'll have a wonderful Easter and I surely hope you'll take Easter completely off regardless of what John says.....after all, it's not like he can fire you :think:devil Might not be the right attitude to take, but such is life :wink

Julie - Oh honey, I hope you're feeling better :hug Those lego sets ARE expensive, my godson loves them :yes I just knew the girl would be so excited about her new little purse :manyheart As for the bbq, I do remember you saying it before and now that you reminded me I'll be on the lookout at every one I go to :sigh:lol A watchpot never boils :no

Mary - Thinking of you and hoping all is ok :hug :hug :hug

:hi to the rest of the house, have a great hump day.

Hi everyone. :) We are fine, but so much of the Metroplex isn't. :( All we had was torrential rain and small hail and feel very lucky. There were 12 tornadoes and at least one major interstate is closed in several areas. Thankfully, no deaths have been reported.

Marisa ~ So sorry about the patient's insurance...it just doesn't make sense! Several years ago, I injured my back and our Dr. recommended I go to a chiropractor! It helped me so much. :yes

Marlene ~ Maya is so cute! Always thinking about books is such a good thing...maybe she'll be a writer when she grows up! :)

Linda ~ Gee, I guess John is going to give orders as long as he can! :angry:hug I sure hope you're able to enjoy at least part of the weekend.

Julie ~ Feel better soon. :manyheart Luke has those really big Legos and loves them! Your Easter gifts for the kids sound perfect. Sam's coworkers little one must be so excited with her goodies. :)

Hi to all of my House friends!

Time for me to make a grocery list and run a couple of errands. Have a good morning!

Oh, Linda - your last day with John and Kim can't come soon enough, IMO! How much longer, do you think?

John's a control freak and I don't expect that to change. The fact that I'm speaking up for myself and his control is slipping is driving him crazy I'm sure.

I have said that I will stay until his job ends at a minimum, which is the 1st of June. He's said that he hopes I'll stay until they move to help with all the packing and sorting of their things, which is the end of August. I plan on moving out when my social security comes through which is probably not before the 1st of July at the earliest.

Mary - Glad to hear you are ok and that there were no deaths reported....sending prayers to all of those affected :hug

Linda - You can do it :cheer :cheer Although, it will be harder as time gets closer I think. :hug Just remember that we are here for you :hug

God morning,

I'd written a semi-long message and lost it. It is a tedious job on this phone.

So I'll just send you all my love and send well wishes to those of you that are are under the weather.

Mary glad all is well. We are still trying to get in touch with my aunt in Burleson.

I am having a wonderful time in Sweet Home Alabama!!!

Later Taters

Linda

You must have the patience of a saint. My patience is about as long as a tsetse fly . I'd of never been able to keep my mouth shut for as long as you have with John .

Maybe he needs reminded of your JOB DESCRIPTION . Did you go to school all those years to PACK his CRAP ? Sorry to be so mouthy, but he is making me so angry . It seems he is treating you worse on purpose now. If this is your scheduled weekend off,then you are OFF . I'd make sure to have the weekend booked up and be gone. Let him do his OWN

@!#$%^&* packing .

Geez, I wish I lived down there, I'd come punch him in the nose for you .

Marisa

I hope your new guy will pay cash too,then it will save you the insurance hassles .

Make sure you ATTEND every BBQ you are invited to. Might also be a good idea to plan one yourself there at your sis's place. Have her do some networking and invite a bunch of people who will bring people you have yet to meet. I just KNOW the right guy is out there . I believe you'll find him across the fire pit,roasting a marshmallow. That is my psychic prediction. :D Latch onto any guy who is roasting a marshmallow ,unless he is like 85 with a wooden leg, glass eye and more hair in his ears than on his head . I don't think HE will be the one you are supposed to find .

Your guy will have dark hair, kinda curly on the ends . A BOYISH name like Andy . ( I DON'T think the ear-hair guy's name will be Andy, it'll be Herman or Howard ).

Mary

Good to hear you are ok down your way. Wow ,12 tornadoes ! That's a lot . Miracle people weren't killed . I had an aunt who was killed by a tornado in Florida back in the early 80's. They were down there on vacation in a trailer . Very sad .

Jude

Will be looking for the photo whenever you get time to post . :)

John's a control freak and I don't expect that to change. The fact that I'm speaking up for myself and his control is slipping is driving him crazy I'm sure.

Good riddance, imo....

I have said that I will stay until his job ends at a minimum, which is the 1st of June. He's said that he hopes I'll stay until they move to help with all the packing and sorting of their things, which is the end of August. I plan on moving out when my social security comes through which is probably not before the 1st of July at the earliest.

I know what I would do...but you have to live with whatever decision you make. It might make it harder the longer you wait, though...

Mary, I'm so glad you're all right!

Marisa, 3 patients scheduled! Nice!! And cash patients are very nice, too - I hope the guy decides to at least come once - then he'll be a forever patient:)

I met Phyllis today - and she took this pic for me, with my dog square. I added the ears at hubby's suggestion and then the collar - pattern didn't come with either one. I also took a pic of the saltine ghan I'm working on.

post-8552-135897751626_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897751629_thumb.jpg

Marisa

I hope your new guy will pay cash too,then it will save you the insurance hassles .

Make sure you ATTEND every BBQ you are invited to. Might also be a good idea to plan one yourself there at your sis's place. Have her do some networking and invite a bunch of people who will bring people you have yet to meet. I just KNOW the right guy is out there . I believe you'll find him across the fire pit,roasting a marshmallow. That is my psychic prediction. :D Latch onto any guy who is roasting a marshmallow ,unless he is like 85 with a wooden leg, glass eye and more hair in his ears than on his head . I don't think HE will be the one you are supposed to find .

Your guy will have dark hair, kinda curly on the ends . A BOYISH name like Andy . ( I DON'T think the ear-hair guy's name will be Andy, it'll be Herman or Howard ).

:rofl Well, my first patient today is trying to set me up with her sons teacher...but not until after the school year :lol But her and her son are plotting this together to make it seem like a 'by chance' thing because her daughter will still be in the same school. :rofl It made me laugh that her son is helping to conspire this!!!!! Today was the first I've heard about 'the teacher' and it seems they've really put quite a bit of thought into this so far!!!!

Marisa, 3 patients scheduled! Nice!! And cash patients are very nice, too - I hope the guy decides to at least come once - then he'll be a forever patient:)

That's my hope too :devil I only need one chance!!!!

I met Phyllis today - and she took this pic for me, with my dog square. I added the ears at hubby's suggestion and then the collar - pattern didn't come with either one. I also took a pic of the saltine ghan I'm working on.

Love the addition of the ears and collar :manyheart The saltines are great with that color combo and forming pattern :manyheart

Jude

Both your items are very nice. The doggie looks perfect with the ears and collar ,and the baby squares are very pretty colors .

Marisa

See, you have someone else helping to match you up. Invite him to a BBQ. If he picks up a marshmallow ,has dark hair and named a boy's name, snatch him ! He might just be the one .

Hello everyone. Had a good day at work. Hope tomorrow goes as well.

Marlene, its always so nice to read those long chatty posts from you. I had read about the solar lights as an inside light for power outages before, but I hadn't ever done anything about it. Now I will. Thanks for the reminder.

Marisa, sounds like business is picking up. Sounds like one of your patients is a matchmaker too! But maybe that is a good thing. If she knows both of you, she may be onto something.

Judy your work looks great, and you are so cute in that hair style. The saltine colors are great.

Linda, I agree with everyone else regarding John. However, I think it's really unlikely that he will change at all. Still, the end is in sight....

Mary, so glad you are safe. I was worried about you.

Val, I never try to type a long answer on my phone or my Nook, it's just too much work.

Julie, hope you feel better tomorrow and that you can see Cam a bit this week. That was so sweet of you to make that little girl the cupcake purse, and also for her to write you a note. Sounds like her mom is teaching her some manners.

Thanks for the compliments, ladies! Cindy - thanks for the comment on my hair - it was a tad windblown, but curls so easily at this length.

Marisa, that story abut the plotting to get you to meet the teacher is a riot!! You never know!

Have a good night, everyone:hug:manyheart

Hi all,

Another long day in Paradise-I know I sound like a broken record!

Judy- I love the dog square and the saltines are coming along nicely. So jealous that you and Phyllis got to meet up today.

Marisa- Great that you had 3 patients scheduled for today! That's wonderful!!!

Julie- I love reading your posts- so witty and fun!

Val- Glad to hear you are having a great time in Al!

Mary- I was relieved to read a post from you!! I was worried!!

Linda- My opinion is the same as many of our other friends! Hugs to you and ENJOY your weekend OFF!!!!

Going to go get some dinner and then settle in for the night with hook and yarn!

Hugs to you all!

You ladies crack me up :rofl

The patient is actually one of my sisters coworkers....so now I have to go tell her, she'll be all over it!!!!!

I don't know if I'll get on at all tomorrow, but I don't anticipate it so I probably won't see you until Friday.

Let's go Pirates!!!!!! (and yep, we're playing the Phillies :eek:lol )

Good morning!

I decided to call it an early night and went to bed at 9:30---and slept through the night! Guess I was pretty tired!!!

Off to get ready for another fun-filled day at work!

Hope you all have a good one!

Morning folks

Cindy

I wanted to ask if anything in your flower beds is coming up yet ? I know you have a green thumb and have lots of beautiful plants in your yard and you love gardening . We used to have lots of spring flowers,daffodils, tulips and the little purple ones ... but most of them have died off . I think they need replaced every so many years, dont they ?

I'm not much of a flower expert,but it seems that the flowers like that only get flowers for a few years, then the only thing coming up after that are the green leaves . I'm probably doing something wrong with them ,but we hardly have any left at all. It could also be the squirrels or something .I know we planted new bulbs one year but went out later and found some dug up ,so I'm guessing it was squirrels.

We really need to do something pretty with our front yard. It is so plain . We have one of the white -barked trees that is dying,so it needs cut down too . I'm not sure what to put out there ,but something easy to take care of that grows well on its own .

Marisa

Have fun at the game tonite !

Joanne

Hope your day goes fast --are you off tomorrow for a 3 day weekend or not ? I know nurses sometimes have to work on holidays . We used to have to trade,and one year we'd get one off, the next year another .

Jude

Whatcha got up your sleeve for the weekend ? Making a big Easter dinner ? We will probably have a regular old weekend as usual . Cam is coming possibly tonite or first thing in the morning .Sam will be off tomorrow . I have to go to the migraine doc in the morning . What fun .

Not much else on the agenda for us .

Howdy to everyone else who hasnt checked in yet . :)

'morning, peeps!

Good morning!

I decided to call it an early night and went to bed at 9:30---and slept through the night! Guess I was pretty tired!!!

Off to get ready for another fun-filled day at work!

Hope you all have a good one!

You definitely needed that extra sleep!! I hope today's a good one.

I'm not much of a flower expert,but it seems that the flowers like that only get flowers for a few years, then the only thing coming up after that are the green leaves .That's what has happened to my bulbs over the years, too - just green shoots, no flowers. We have hedgehogs, etc, so that could be why. We also have burning bushes bordering our yard - they get to about 8-10 feet tall if left untrimmed (like ours) and are bright red in Fall, after which they produce berries the birds love. We also have golden eunoymous - the evergreens you saw in the pic I posted. We have a fenced in yard, so don't have to worry about deer eating everything. I'm probably doing something wrong with them ,but we hardly have any left at all. It could also be the squirrels or something .I know we planted new bulbs one year but went out later and found some dug up ,so I'm guessing it was squirrels.

We really need to do something pretty with our front yard. It is so plain . We have one of the white -barked trees that is dying,so it needs cut down too . I'm not sure what to put out there ,but something easy to take care of that grows well on its own .

Jude

Whatcha got up your sleeve for the weekend ? Making a big Easter dinner ? We will probably have a regular old weekend as usual . Cam is coming possibly tonite or first thing in the morning .Sam will be off tomorrow . I have to go to the migraine doc in the morning . What fun .

Not much else on the agenda for us .

Howdy to everyone else who hasnt checked in yet . :)

Simple dinner for the 3 of us...ice cream cake or jam filled Italian cookies for dessert - not sure which, yet. All I know is I don't have to make it:lol

Good luck at the doc!!! Let us know how it went:hug:hug

Just dropped in to say good morning, good evening & good night (lol),

Thunder storms from Texas are due here today. Should they pass us over, it's suppose to be a busy busy day.

Julie, I love your projects and you are so beautiful.

Have a great day all!

Archived