Our House Part Two

JulieKay

linda...I agree with Jules - don't fall for that trick!

Mary:hug

Cindy, you have 3 eReaders, too? I forgot:lol

Personally, i'd rather have these than a smart phone.

Have a good night, my friends:hug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joanne - My internet problems are somewhat better. I think the computer itself is about to go out. Have fun with DD and family tonight.

Julie - I don't know when my next trip is but it will be as often as I can make it.

Linda - I'm glad Kim is okay. I'm sorry your help turned out to be no help at all. I do agree with Julie that you're being played by John. Life is short and it's time you start living for yourself. Don't overwork your wrist this weekend.

Marisa - Enjoy your weekend with your family and friends. Your mom should probably show your brother some tough love but then she probably thinks it's the grandbabies that suffer. Lifting her up in prayer.

Cindy - I hope your internet is fixed. Enjoy your evening with your family celebrating your grandson's birthday.

Mary - I hope you get some relaxing time this weekend.

Have a great weekend housemates.

Linda ~ While I keep saying that John needs to get some help for you, I'm not sure this sounds like help! :wink:hug:manyheart

Oh, she's not. But he is seriously of taking her IF she will follow all his rules. I do get to have input on the decision. She's a lousy packer! I repacked one of the boxes she packed yesterday for me, got lots more stuff in it. Her "occasional glass of wine" turns out to be a LARGE glass of wine with her supper EVERY day. What she calls a glass of wine is actually closer to 4 drinks, since a serving of wine is 3.5 ounces and the glass she was using holds about 1 3/4 cups of water to the level she was filling it.

Linda

CAUTION !!!! I think I can see a little bit of the stunt John is pulling on you. Don't fall for it !!

He intentionally has the old caregiver there who is a drinker ( to put it mildly) . He thinks you will feel sorry for Kim, realize she wont be given good care, and cave in and offer to stay,or go with them or whatever . PLEASE don't let him trick you into this. He's playing a diirty rotten game with you all.

This situation bugs me.. he's got these ladies all doing his packing for him, which is ridiculous. I think HE should be doing it,or getting some friends to help him ,or hiring a moving company to do it. He'd rather make a bunch lf ladies do it so he can control you all .

Take it easy with your wrist -- you dont wanna end up with a bum arm when you get a chance to do your crafts again .

Sure will be glad when you are outta there . I know it'll be hard to separate your feelings for Kim ,and step out of it,wondering if she will be cared for properly,but somehow you have to mentally tell yourself that you gave her top notch care while it was your job. It will no longer BE your job,so lay it in John's lap and let him take it from here .

Don't worry, Julie. He burned our bridges very thoroughly with some of the things he said to me. There is no way I would go with them now. I'll worry about Kim, but it's going to be HIS problem, NOT mine.

I got all the paperwork ordered that I need for the Social Security department yesterday so could have everything here as early as the end of next week. Yay!

John is having Gael pack up his good china. Having watched her packing some of my stuff, I wouldn't do it that way. Hope it makes it there in one piece. Not my problem if it doesn't. She's already had it for the day and the day is a very long way from over. I can't imagine that she's going to be able to cope with the job as it is now. He's going to have a hard time replacing me, but he has to because I am not taking his crap any more.

"nough ranting from me.

Have a good evening and a great weekend. :manyheart

Quick pop in to wish you all a Happy Saturday!

I had a great time with DD and GS watching the NJ Devils WIN!!! He looked so cute in his NJ Devils outfit!!! Didn't get home till about 11 and this morning I have to do some of my weekly cleaning, then heading out to my nieces's confirmation in north jersey.

Read through all the posts, but if I sit here and respond individually, I'll never get done what I need to get done, so just let me say- hugs to you all!!!

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm still at Maya's. DD is off today but has to work tomorrow8-5. Depending on the weather if I will go home tomorrow or monday. Some bad weather is suppose to hit Michigan sunday or monday. Maya and I have had lots of fun! She has a wii and we've played/danced everyday. When she gets home from school she usually has a book to read so we do that and anything else if there is anything. She is becoming a good reader.

Heather (Maya's daycare lady) not only lost her son last week but her Grandma died three days later. So they've had a pretty tough time. We went to the viewing monday night. I have to say Maya couldn't have a better family to take of her. Both Grandma's have (Heather's Mom and Kevin's Mom) have helped out when they had weekend plans and wanted to leave on friday night. Both Grandma's came over to see Maya and tell her they miss seeing her. Heather's Mom just loves Maya's and said she is her adopted Grandma. She told Maya she was the best thing that happened to her that day. Maya sits on her lap just like she does mine. This Grandma has even took Maya to the movies. She just moved down here so she said she will be over to Heather's more often.

Heather's son was 21 and died from a heart attack. He was engaged to his two little girls mom. Ladies please talk to your kids and make sure they have someones name on there bank accounts. This young man had a good job and she works but, her name and no one else's was on the bank account. He did have life insurance so she just has to wait on that to come through.

I deleted my ex-dil to be off facebook. She didn't like it because I didn't call the kids on Easter. And that classifies me as a bad Grandma. I gave her an earful. Reminded her I was only invited to Payton's first birthday because we had it at my house and was never invited to Jocelyn's first birthday. To me those are more important. She didn't like and I said three times of posting something nasty on my page when she can get a hold of me in more private ways was enough. I will see my gks through my sons visits and I am content with that.

She is still pulling a lot of nasty things and she can't push my sons buttons any more and she isn't liking it. Tweleve more years and we can be rid of her for good.

It was thundering here when I got on, but it has stopped now so I'll go back and catch up on what has been happening with everyone. Have a nice day it's suppose to be rainy here through tuesday.

Fast visit!

Marlene, sorry about the family things - so hard when GKs are involved:hug

Joanne, yay for the Devils!

Linda, Kim is happiest with John around, so it'll be ok for her, I'm sure, and the rest of family being around. So glad the Soc. Sec stuff is getting close!!:clap

Off to the pet store this AM...cookies, nylabones....:D

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm still at Maya's. DD is off today but has to work tomorrow8-5. Depending on the weather if I will go home tomorrow or monday. Some bad weather is suppose to hit Michigan sunday or monday. Maya and I have had lots of fun! She has a wii and we've played/danced everyday. When she gets home from school she usually has a book to read so we do that and anything else if there is anything. She is becoming a good reader.

Heather (Maya's daycare lady) not only lost her son last week but her Grandma died three days later. So they've had a pretty tough time. We went to the viewing monday night. I have to say Maya couldn't have a better family to take of her. Both Grandma's have (Heather's Mom and Kevin's Mom) have helped out when they had weekend plans and wanted to leave on friday night. Both Grandma's came over to see Maya and tell her they miss seeing her. Heather's Mom just loves Maya's and said she is her adopted Grandma. She told Maya she was the best thing that happened to her that day. Maya sits on her lap just like she does mine. This Grandma has even took Maya to the movies. She just moved down here so she said she will be over to Heather's more often.

Heather's son was 21 and died from a heart attack. He was engaged to his two little girls mom. Ladies please talk to your kids and make sure they have someones name on there bank accounts. This young man had a good job and she works but, her name and no one else's was on the bank account. He did have life insurance so she just has to wait on that to come through.

I deleted my ex-dil to be off facebook. She didn't like it because I didn't call the kids on Easter. And that classifies me as a bad Grandma. I gave her an earful. Reminded her I was only invited to Payton's first birthday because we had it at my house and was never invited to Jocelyn's first birthday. To me those are more important. She didn't like and I said three times of posting something nasty on my page when she can get a hold of me in more private ways was enough. I will see my gks through my sons visits and I am content with that.

She is still pulling a lot of nasty things and she can't push my sons buttons any more and she isn't liking it. Tweleve more years and we can be rid of her for good.

It was thundering here when I got on, but it has stopped now so I'll go back and catch up on what has been happening with everyone. Have a nice day it's suppose to be rainy here through tuesday.

It certainly has been a rough week for Maya's daycare family. :hug:hug:hug Glad you are up north again and able to spend time with her. To bad about dil. :hug:hug:hug

Hope everyone has a good weekend. I feel like I'm taking care of two invalids here. Yuck! Oh, well. The time is counting down. Don't know how Gael will ever manage Kim on her own now.

Sounds like a lot of us are still going through very difficult times.

:hug :hug :hug:hug :hug:hugfor all of you.

I tend to cope best by keeping busy, and here is what I finished this weekend. It is my mystery CAL, which I really like a lot because it it different from anything I have ever made before. Now to finish my KAL which is coming along more slowly.

post-51264-135897753809_thumb.jpg

Good afternoon Housemates,

Marlene - Dil could have let the gks call you just as well. I'm glad you have some time with Maya. Praying for the daycare family.

Joanne - Have fun today!

Linda - He's lucky. I would have told him to pack his own stuff. You will be greatly blessed because of your kindness. You can't worry about Kim because it will eventually take a toll on your own health. Let go and let God.

Judy - What have you got up once you complete your run to the pet shop?

Phyllis - it's beautiful. Our colors are almost the same. I didn't use the green and my yellow is bright. I also used Almond toast in the place where you used the green. I still have a few squares to finish. I'm thinking of using one of the layouts and edging I say on the Bernat site. Great job!!

Wishing the rest of you guys a great Saturday and sending out :ghug to all.

Sounds like a lot of us are still going through very difficult times.

:hug :hug :hug:hug :hug:hugfor all of you.

I tend to cope best by keeping busy, and here is what I finished this weekend. It is my mystery CAL, which I really like a lot because it it different from anything I have ever made before. Now to finish my KAL which is coming along more slowly.

That's absolutely gorgeous, Phyllis! Great work.

Phyllis, the ghan looks wonderful!

Marlene, we had a light meal out, which is our Saturday ritual, and it's been a big sports day on tv for us-in between my reading:D

I sat out back alot too, with my book and eReaders, and pups. It was a beautiful day today.

I hope everyone has had a good day too. CU all tomorrow:hug:manyheart

The last box I went through today contained my copy of my divorce decree. Wouldn't you know it, just a day after I ordered another one. :lol Also a beautiful oriental art piece from my collection. :D

Hi all,

Had a wonderful time at my niece's confirmation today- It was great to catch up with my brothers and a couple of my nieces and nephew. Next get-together will be in June when my nephew graduates HS -he turns 18 in 9 days! Where does the time go?

He has decided he is going to Fordham University- I know my Dad is looking down from heaven beaming! Fordham is my Dad's alma-mater and he always hoped that one of his grandchildren would go there! It's a perfect fit for my nephew- and he even has my Dad's college ring! He and my Dad were best buddies- My dad passed away when my nephew was 10 and he took it pretty hard.

Marlene- Glad you are having a good time with Maya, and so sorry about her daycare lady's sorrows!

Linda- Isn't that always the way- order something because you can't find it and then Voila!- it turns up? Sorry that you are having to deal with the 'new'caretaker ANd Kim- but at least you have a light at the end of the tunnel. John and Kim will have to manage without you- and just know that you were the best caregiver they could ever ask for.

Judy- Missed the game today- but I see they lost :-( It WAS a gorgeous day outside today.

Phyllis- the Mystery CAL ghan came out beautiful!But then, it seems everything you make is great!!!

Val-Hope you had a good day today!

Good evening everyone. I had a pretty productive day for a change. Some cleaning, and some laundry got done,a s well as errands. Tonight DH and I went out to Lake Michigan and walked along the boardwalk in a small town on the lake. We had dinner at Applebees and managed to beat the rain home. It's not raining yet, but it sure looks like its going to. We could use the rain, its been quite dry.

Phyllis that afghan is really pretty. Is that the Bernat mystery one?

Marlene, sounds like Maya has a wonderful daycare family. Sorry that they are having such a hard time. Also sorry about the ex-dil problems.

Joanne, its nice you had some good family time today. Its great your nephew is going to your dad's alma mater

Linda, hope all the SS stuff comes through in record time. You need to be out of there.

I did read through all the posts, but I can't remember what else I read. Good night everyone.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Hope your finger is feeling better now. Good luck going through all the legal stuff from your parents estate.

Linda, Sorry John is not treating very nice. It's to bad you have 2 to look after now. It was nice that a couple of friends came over and helped you last week. How's the wrist feeling? Glad Kim's procedure turned out well. What a treat you gave the girls teaching them to knit. Especially when that is what one of them wanted to do for Easter. I learned knitting in 4-H. I tried some knitting and it makes my hand hurt. But I would like to knit some coasters.

Marisa, I hope your new date turns out to be a great friend. Sorry your brother is being so bad to your mother. I bet your having a good time with your friends at the wedding tonight.

Joanne, You'll enjoy the pool with Ryan this summer. Glad your move at work is over and all is well with getting right back to business. Glad you had an enjoyable day with your family. It's nice that your nephew is going to your Dad's alma mater. What color will your pom pom bush be?

Faile, A silk shawl will be so soft. Have you started weaving it yet?

Julie, My brother had the sleep test and failed it. But he was expecting that. Glad Pyper's surgery went well. Is Cam feeling better? Hope they get everything taken care of soon for Steph's Dad. Boy you hit a great yard sale for Cam. He is going to be busy for a long time.

Judy, Glad your crown wasn't broken. The roses sounded really pretty.

Val, Your right dil could of had the kids call me. Maybe some day things will be better between us. Prayers for your church friend. It's to bad some people get old and people forget about them.

Phyllis, Your crochet along is beautiful!

Maya is ready to go to bed. I'll see you all tomorrow. :hug and prayers for everyone.

Good morning friends!

I've been up since the crack of dawn getting done what didn't get done yesterday! DD is coming over around 9 for a trek to the grocery store.

This afternoon I'm hoping for a nice afternoon of reading/crocheting, but will have to see how that all pans out!:lol

Praying for all those affected by the horrific storms in the midwest!

Thanks for all the compliments on my mystery ghan. I seems to me that any project is great if you enjoy doing it and it serves its intended purpose. Crochet skills do get better with experience, but frogging is still my best friend.

Hope everybody had a good day to finish out the weekend.

The last box I went through today contained my copy of my divorce decree. Wouldn't you know it, just a day after I ordered another one. :lol Also a beautiful oriental art piece from my collection. :D
Always the way, isn't it?

Is that oriental piece a quilt?:think

Good evening everyone. I had a pretty productive day for a change. Some cleaning, and some laundry got done,a s well as errands. Tonight DH and I went out to Lake Michigan and walked along the boardwalk in a small town on the lake. We had dinner at Applebees and managed to beat the rain home. It's not raining yet, but it sure looks like its going to. We could use the rain, its been quite dry.

Sounds like the kind of day you needed...and deserve!

Hi to everyone else...off and running!

Always the way, isn't it?

Is that oriental piece a quilt?:think

No, this is a carving that I bought in the past and haven't had a place to display here. I have lots of oriental statues, dragons, and pictures that I'm looking forward to having out at my new place. Also the lighthouses that my deceased partner collected, which are gorgeous.

LOL. Nope. I haven't even finished constructing the loom. Hopefully I'll have to finish putting it together today. Then I'll need to do some practice pieces to get a feel for what I'm doing and ensure that it's something I actually enjoy doing.

Good luck finishing putting it together. Can't wait to see what you make with it. :manyheart

Good morning everyone. I'm tired and achy today. Some of it's lack of sleep from being up lots later than usual caring for Kim in the night, some of it's all the work I've been doing downstairs, and some of it is the weather. It's cloudy and overcast today. Consequently, I probably won't do as much today, which is okay too I guess.

Hope everyone has a good day. :manyheart

Hi House. :rain We're having storms, but nothing severe...sure can't complain about the rain! DH had a fishing day planned with a friend, so he's pacing around the house. :lol

Phyllis ~ Your afghan is stunning! :clap How fun to see it all together after weeks of making all of those motifs. :)

Faile ~ Yes, I have the weaving bug...but no loom.:) It's just something I've wanted to learn and haven't tried yet. Can't wait to see yours and what you decide to make!

Linda ~ I hope you have a quieter day today. :manyheart Is the "person" living there, too? I can't imagine John thinking she will be able to take care of Kim!

Valerie ~ Hi! You've been on the road a lot - will you be in Georgia for a while now? Did you get any more orders for afghans? :crocheting

Marlene ~ I hope things settle down for your DD and Maya. Thank goodness you're there for them. :hug How is your DH feeling?

Hi to all of you at the House! :manyheart Our power is flickering and my battery is not lasting. And we're having small hail right now! BBL!

Good afternoon Housemates!

Mary - I'll be in Georgia for a while. I haven't gotten any more orders but I'm still working on the University of Alabama order.

Marlene - You're right...it's hard when you get old and FAMILY forgets about you. My church family makes sure someone goes everyday. Betty's kidneys have improved and whatever was causing the problem is decreasing. Her daughter is going home today. She could get FMLA. Her mom requires 24/7 care and the nurses at the hospital cannot do that. She had a stroke and cannot feed herself. My BFF had fed her and given her 2 huge cups of water by the time her daughter showed up yesterday around noon.

Cindy, Joanne, and Judy - I'm glad you all had great relaxing days yesterday.

Linda - Don't forget to take care of you. Hope you feel better.

Phyllis - What are you working on now?

I'm going to attempt to clean my room.

Have a great day all!!!

Hello everyone! I'm new but would like to join in if you'll have me?

I'm Kelly. I'm 24 from Wales in the UK.

I haven't been crocheting long but right now I'm working on a blue granny square blanket for my boyfriend (it was supposed to be for his birthday which is next week. It's no where near finished though!), another giant granny square blanket for my car and I've just taught myself how to make flowers! I made one to hang from my rear view mirror in my car and posted a picture of it on Facebook. My penpal commented saying she loved it so going to make some more, try some different styles and send her a few too.

I think crocheting is going to have to wait for a little while though. I'm clumsy and have managed to burn my right index finger twice in just over a week. First time I burnt it stripping wallpaper. We were using a steamer and the old paint on the wallpaper got hot and sticky, stuck to my finger and I pulled some skin off, eek! It hasn't healed very well and got a bit infected. Then just as it started to get better I burnt the same finger on a saucepan. So crocheting has been abandoned, holding a hook was making it sore. Hoping to get some more done this week though!

Anyway, I'm rambling. Hope I can come and join you :-)

Hi Kelly! :welcome There is always something going on at "Our House" and we're glad you're here. :) So sorry about your finger, but hopefully it will heal soon and you can get back to crocheting. :hook

Archived