Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good afternoon housemates :hi

Joanne - You guessed, cut & paste alert!!! :lol

So, I guess I was last here on Friday :think Let's see....Friday night I got to work on the mystery cal laying it out and started to join. Now it's lying on my bedroom floor almost half way joined :lol So, Saturday I got up and had a quick bfast, my sister and I went for a 'hike' to the strip district to pick up our veggies and some other groceries for Easter. Then she and her bf ran out to Sam's and the market for everything else we needed. I showered and got myself together. Went to the mall in search of a dress for the wedding this weekend. Tried on a whole lot of them, and found one I liked, but they didn't have my size :( But, it was at JC Penny's so we're going to check near my parents on Thursday since I'm headed back there Wed, otherwise I'll wear the black one in my closet (but I forgot about the wedding when I packed to move and most of my dresses are in storage :( ) I left the mall at 6:30 and then I had a DATE at 7:30 with the guy I met on Thursday :eek

We went to YoRita's, they have crazy tacos :lol and it was yummy. That was over on the South Side (I live on the North) and it gets busy with the college kids around there. But then we walked the few blocks down to the milkshake factory for dessert :drool He definitely wins points for sharing :yes So we ordered different things and shared it all, I highly dislike when people don't want me picking at their food :rofl Then since we couldn't think of somewhere right around there that we'd be able to chat because of the rowdy scenes there, we went down to the end of that strip where there's an Irish bar and we sat outside. It was a very enjoyable evening and he was a perfect gentleman :yes I think we have a lot in common and he seems pretty laid back like myself. We shall see, only time will tell :blush But I didn't get home until midnight!!!

Yesterday was Easter so we spent a good portion of the morning and afternoon preparing, enjoying some mimosa's and sangria. Ingrid had to cook up her dish when she got there and we ate around 4:30ish. It was a great day. We had an egg hunt for the kids, they were too darn cute :manyheart Those lucky ducks had 3 hunts yesterday :eek Sloan was super tired because he woke up at 4 AM wanting to find his eggs and kept trying to wake everyone else up :rofl

Last night I worked some more on my mcal ghan after our holiday was over. Slept well last night and woke up early this morning. Threw in a load of laundry and took my sister to work. Her bf's car is in the shop, so he used her car and I brought her in. His should be done today, in which case he'll pick her up and they'll run right over for his car. I went back to the house and did 3 more loads of laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, got my lunch together, made croutons with the stale bread, watched last weeks American Idol, ate breakfast, worked out and showered. I still have to fold my scrubs when I get back later.

Then I ran to the dentist office to pick up my recent x-rays because I'm seeing my mom's dentist on Thursday morning because I don't believe this guy that I have like 5 cavities :eek Plus I just didn't like him....horribly bedside manner :shrug

That brings me here to work and checking in with you :D:whew

Julie - There was no grill or marshmallows....just a shot of tequila :lol He turned around and asked about a shot (and indicated my whole group) Clay (Ingrid's dh) immediately gave out a 'warning' :lol He's quite protective. So anyways, I said that I like tequila but the rest of them didn't so they ended up with some apple thing while me, him and one of his friends had the tequila :think As I mentioned above, we went out on Saturday and had a nice evening....his name is Bob, reddish hair (but he's had a hat on both times :think ) What else??? He's super tall....6'5", average build, and still seems very nice :think:lol Took his mom grocery shopping Sat afternoon. I think the migraine doc has a good idea to get the sleep apnea test :yes Did Cam enjoy his Easter?

Judy - Awwww, you're so sweet :hug If I was there, I'd surely let you be my patient :wink Did you get anything at the mall? I wish I had some of your greek stuffing :drool

Joanne - How did dd's thesis come along? I think dh is right about the pool opening up for Ryan :yes You're definitely right about finding someone when you're not looking because that's when all the guys I've dated have shown up :think

Cindy - Oh boy :hug :hug :hug I hope your finger heals up quickly, that sounds pretty bad :hug :hug

Linda - Glad to hear you have a few options so far on apartments :yes How is sweet pea doing? You are so sweet to sit with Megan and teach her, I bet that was a VERY special moment for her :manyheart

Mary - Good luck finishing up your scarf today :xfin It was laundry day for me too :sigh Glad to hear you're getting much needed rain :clap

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda, what wonderful memories you made for the little girl!! You have wonderful instincts....

no comments about you know who.:angry

Marisa, that's so nice about your date!!!! And I had one hour of undivided attention from the lady in Penneys "intimate apparel". Since losing weight I'm swimming in my older *ahem* you know;) I bought 5 beautiful ones...after trying on about 40:eek

We had leftovers for an early dinner today which was good since I had so much laundry and ironing I wanted to do.

Never made it to Craft club since when I got home the landscaper guy was here and I wanted to make sure all we asked him to do was done. So, the weeds are all gone, the bushes trimmed, one half dead one removed, mulch down, lawn thatched and new seed planted. Supposed to get rain today, which would be great!

Marisa- The new guy sounds good- one day at a time and see where it goes!!!:)

Linda- You created a very special Easter memory for that girl-:manyheart she will always remember the day she got her "Easter wish" of learning to knit and the special lady who taught her!!!! No comment, like Judy on the other person!

Judy- :clap for a Yankee win and Jeter's 4 hits!!

Faille- Have fun with the weaving!

To all the rest of the house- can't post any more indies now, since I've got to get going here. But good thoughts to you ALL!!!

Today is move day for me at work- they've been moving everyone in my dept to new cubicles- and it's such a hassle, because essentially you pack yourself up and move in to a new space and then unpack everything in. The only thing IT does is move your computer. Oh, and of course, it's business as usual during the move:lol

See you all later!

Never made it to Craft club since when I got home the landscaper guy was here and I wanted to make sure all we asked him to do was done. So, the weeds are all gone, the bushes trimmed, one half dead one removed, mulch down, lawn thatched and new seed planted. Supposed to get rain today, which would be great! That's always so nice...and we sure need the rain. It's a dust bowl out there.

Judy- :clap for a Yankee win and Jeter's 4 hits!!

It was a wonderful game! Though what was Girardi was thinking, having Jeter bunt when he was already 3-3!?

Today is move day for me at work- they've been moving everyone in my dept to new cubicles- and it's such a hassle, because essentially you pack yourself up and move in to a new space and then unpack everything in. The only thing IT does is move your computer. Oh, and of course, it's business as usual during the move:lol

See you all later!

I hope it goes smoothly today:hug

Grocery shopping for me today - you can only live on leftovers so long:lol

I hope to get a hook in my hand today - for the first time in days...:P

Have a good day, my friends.

Later, gators:hug:manyheart

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was hectic to say the least, but I got through it. Rosie and Carol came over and helped me get stuff John had pulled out over the weekend packed up and ready for the trash &/or Goodwill. I took it all over to Goodwill after he got home from work. It took the 3 of us almost 2 hours to get it all done. It would have taken just me 2 days. Thank you, Rosie and Carol! :hug

Last night Andrea brought over Ashley and Megan as both had managed to get tangled up in their projects. (I was at Rosie's house unwinding.) Megan's yarn had gotten all tangled in the hoop of the circular needles and a few other twists as well. She had also dropped a stitch, but only one! Got her all put together and restarted, then came back here and got her a pair of straight needles of the same size to use instead of the circular ones. With only a few reminders she was back to doing it on her own in no time at all.

Then went on to Ashley's knitting loom. She had lost her wrap in the middle of the row and didn't know what was wrong and had forgotten to unwrap her end-of-the-row loops so had some very large loops to work out, but nothing super major wrong. Got her reminded of the proper steps and she was off again, too.

Later I even gave Andrea a lesson in knitting on Megan's project so that down the road a ways she can maybe help Megan if she gets stuck. Although, I actually think Megan is getting the hang of it faster than Mom. :lol Both girls were thrilled to be able to work on their projects again, which made me feel ever so good. A new generation learning to do the arts of my grandmothers.

Well, after further thought and research, I think I'm going to go with an even less expensive loom. A Backstrap Loom. I just have to figure out where to get a couple of the tools I'll need and I'm off and running... err... weaving.

http://weavezine.com/content/backstrap-basics

Thanks for the link. That looks very intriguing.

Never made it to Craft club since when I got home the landscaper guy was here and I wanted to make sure all we asked him to do was done. So, the weeds are all gone, the bushes trimmed, one half dead one removed, mulch down, lawn thatched and new seed planted. Supposed to get rain today, which would be great!

Good to know that all the right stuff got done.

See you all later!

Good luck with the move. I always hated days like that. Everyone always develops emergencies that have to be handled STAT when nothing is at your fingertips and where it's supposed to be. :hug

Marisa, this third guy sounds very nice. Take your time and see what happens. You could end up with a good friend and maybe more.

Hope everyon has a good day. :manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

I worked on my mcal last night and am hoping to finish my joining tonight so I can take it with me tomorrow for the new clue, which I'm anticipating to be the border :think I'm heading to my parents tomorrow :clap I have a pedicure at the neighbors just after 3 and then we'll go to pizza hut for dinner (glad I remember this, it'll keep me from skipping out on my workout today :lol ) Thursday morning, I'm seeing mom's dentist and my friend from chiro school is flying in at 5 so we'll pick her up and then stop by our other friend's office to get adjusted :wink Then on Friday we'll all have dinner with my parents and then we'll head out to NJ. We're meeting up with the bridal party after their rehearsal dinner and then the wedding on Saturday :clap:yay Sunday we'll head back to my parents, have dinner and then we'll need to run my friend back to the airport. I'll stay until monday at that point. I'll have breakfast with my parents at head out to be back here and in the office by 2:00 :whew

So, I'll try to make a few appearances, but it's hard at my parents house...it's the best place in the world to relax and it's almost like nothing else in the world exists!!! :manyheart

As for today, I should have a patient in a bit later and I need to pack up tonight.

Faile - Your new Backstrap Loom looks like your going to have a lot of fun with it. When will you get it?

Judy - :yay for new 'ahems' :wink I've been having that problem too, I think I need to get myself measured again :think Have fun at the market and we're still eating leftovers too. Good luck on your hook time.

Julie - Thanks :hug What's on your agenda today?

Joanne - :yay for getting the landscaping done, but :( at the cost of craft club!!!! We got some rain yesterday...well, it POURED! I hope your work move goes quickly, smoothly, and efficiently today :hug

Linda - :yay for Rosie and Carol helping you out...they are true friends :manyheart How cute that Ashley and Megan are doing so well with their projects, that's because you're an awesome teacher :clap And the guy, this is technically the 4th :eek But, not from online at all, so does he still count in dating line up :think:lol

I hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll be in and out until I leave the office :yes

Howdy folks

Quick jump back in .

Joanne

Hope the move at work goes swiftly and you get reorganized .

Too bad you had to miss your class last night but it's probably nice having the yard looking better now, especially with good weather around the corner .

Marisa

Sounds like you have another really busy week coming with lots of fun stuff to do . Hope you have a great time ,asI'm sure you will .

Not much on my agenda today . Yesterday, the hospital called to set up my sleep study . I thought it'd be a couple weeks til they got the insurance contacted ,etc,but BAM,they already have it all done,so they set it up for next week . I was getting pretty antsy about it ,just because I thought I had more time to prepare. Of course, Sam, the WISENHIMER he is, said Why do you need to PREPARE to fall asleep ?

Somebody needs to jerk a knot in his tail . It might just be ME . Sometimes he doesnt get it .. I think if HE were the one going in to sleep and they were hooking wires and pipes up to your body and someone was watching you like you were in the ZOO, you might be a little uncomfortable about the whole thing . Anyhow, I'm gonna be royally TICKED if I spend that much money on this thing and it doesn't show anything. I know it sounds stupid, because I'd really rather not have anything else wrong,but if they FIND something, I'll feel more like it was worth it to spend the money .

Not much else other than getting things organized and ready to take to reunion. We 'll be gone a week, leaving on Memorial weekend ,so time is coming close and I had a lot to get organized, sorted and lists made ,etc of what we need to bring . I cannot wait to see everyone ! We always have so much fun down there .

Jude

Don't forget the CAKE at the grocery .

Linda

That's great that you have friends helping you get your things ready to move .

It's also really nice of you to help the little girls learn to knit. Sure wish I would have had a person to teach me. I had to check out library books to teach my crochet and some knitting,although the youtube knitting videos are great. We didnt have youtube when I was a kid though,so you learned by people or books .

Well, gotta get some lunch and see what else needs done ..

Howdy folks

Quick jump back in .

Marisa

Sounds like you have another really busy week coming with lots of fun stuff to do . Hope you have a great time ,asI'm sure you will .

Not much on my agenda today . Yesterday, the hospital called to set up my sleep study . I thought it'd be a couple weeks til they got the insurance contacted ,etc,but BAM,they already have it all done,so they set it up for next week . I was getting pretty antsy about it ,just because I thought I had more time to prepare. Of course, Sam, the WISENHIMER he is, said Why do you need to PREPARE to fall asleep ?

Somebody needs to jerk a knot in his tail . It might just be ME . Sometimes he doesnt get it .. I think if HE were the one going in to sleep and they were hooking wires and pipes up to your body and someone was watching you like you were in the ZOO, you might be a little uncomfortable about the whole thing . Anyhow, I'm gonna be royally TICKED if I spend that much money on this thing and it doesn't show anything. I know it sounds stupid, because I'd really rather not have anything else wrong,but if they FIND something, I'll feel more like it was worth it to spend the money .

Not much else other than getting things organized and ready to take to reunion. We 'll be gone a week, leaving on Memorial weekend ,so time is coming close and I had a lot to get organized, sorted and lists made ,etc of what we need to bring . I cannot wait to see everyone ! We always have so much fun down there .

Well, gotta get some lunch and see what else needs done ..

:lol Well it is a bit nervewracking (sp?) But look at it this way, if they don't find anything, then they've at least helped to rule some things out to better zero in on what the real problem is :yes Ruling things out is a very important part of the diagnosing 'puzzle' :eek

Jules, I'm happy you have the reunion to look forward to!

And I agree with Marisa - it's important to rule things out, too!

Hi House. :)

Faile ~ You've given me the "weaving bug" again! Can't wait to see your first project. :yes

Marisa ~ Yay for a second date! Enjoy the wedding and your time with family this week. :manyheart

Linda ~ It's so nice that you have Rosie and Carol to help. :angel Ashley and Megan will always remember their "teacher." I remember being so excited when my Auntie Ruth told me my stitches were nice and even. :)

Julie ~ DH had the sleep test a few years ago and thought it was no biggie...of course, he can sleep on a rock.:lol I would be apprehensive, too! :hug

Judy ~ Yay for new lingerie. I need to do the same thing! Have you had your hook out yet? :crocheting

Joanne ~ I hope the office move wasn't too bad - and that work wasn't too hectic while you were in the midst of it!

Cindy ~ How is your finger? Hopefully, it will heal quickly. :hug

Our over the range microwave, fan, vent unit went out the other day. I bought a new one at Lowe's this a.m. and the installer is supposed to call within 2 days. It needed a part that cost almost 1/2 of what a whole new one cost! Then, because buying a microwave was no fun, I went to JoAnns and looked at yarn. :lol Then on to the grocery store and to pick up Gracie at the groomers...now I need to get things done here at home!

Have a good afternoon, everyone. :manyheart

Marisa & Jude

Yea, you guys are right, I know they need to rule things out ,too. I guess I'm getting really tired of dropping money on all this stuff and STILL no answer . The doc last week,and the girl who called keeps telling me how beautiful these rooms are that I'll be using ,just like staying in a fancy hotel they say . I think it'd be chealer to have an oceanfront condo than this room will be . We certainly don't have an ocean view from our hospital,and last time I checked, they dont wire you up like they are trying to bring Frankenstein to life when you stay at the beach .

I'm just an old grump ,I know, but the money we have spent on Dr's, tests and medicine would BUY us a condo at the beach .

I think I'll be able to sleep over there ok after I get used to the fact that someone is in the other room watching me . I told Sam I should do something really stupid or funny ,like start singing . He said he believes I should SKIP that part and just behave .

He says the best song I sing is SILENT NIGHT .

Mary

Thanks for the note about your hubster having this test done . I know it's nothing that HURTs or anything, it'll just seem odd knowing that I am on display like the Dog-Faced -Boy at the circus .

Good for you for going yarn shopping. I agree, anything in the home improvement stores is B O R I N G .....necessary, but boring .

Hi all,

All moved into my new cubicle that is just like the other one, just a few aisles over. Of course, they moved me right smack in the middle of the day- but what can you do? It's done- and I didn't put out alot of 'personal' things-I left them in a box and will take them home one of these nights. I have a couple of plants I love and of course a pic of my DD's and DH, pic of Ryan, and pic of Belle. I hung my sign that says "I'm having a Good Day, please don't screw it up" and of course my "Just another day in Paradise" sign. Glad it's over.

When I came home, landscaper was here with the new bush to replace the one we removed. It's a pom-pom evergreen bush and looks great. Just finished watering it a while ago

Marisa- Have a safe trip and wonderful time both at your parents , with your friends and at the wedding!!!

Judy- Jeter started off with a homer!! Very happy about that!!

Julie- Agree with the others- and know you do too about ruling things OUT! I understand your frustration at spending $ for lots of test and such!! Please vent all you like-

Val- How are you? Are you still in AL? Or back in GA?

Linda- You are surely creating a very special bond with the new "knitting circle". And thank goodness you have Rosie and Carol to help you out. You are very blessed to have such wonderful friends- and I am soooo convinced you would have missed them terribly if you had gone to TX---sooo glad that you are staying in GA with your friends!!!!

Off to watch some more Yankees- and crochet. I started the girl twin's afghan last night.

Hugs to you all!

Good morning, and Happy Hump Day!

Not much new since last evening, other than I worked on the afghan for a bit, watched the Yankees and then fell asleep:lol Missed the game winning tie breaker and had to read about it this morning!:lol

Busy, busy day again but after work, getting my hair cut/colored:)

'morning, peeps!

Joanne, I fell asleep and saw the tie breaker on TV this morning. What a lift for the team!

Good morning. Our Internet is out do I am just stopping in to say hi. Too much work to type more on my phone.

That's miserable!!

How is your finger??

Off I go - need to call the dentist this AM. I bit down on a piece of kielbasa last night that had a hard piece of gristle or something and from the sensitivity back there I think I cracked a part of a porcelain filling:( Of course DH went for his cleaning yesterday..and we dropped our dental insurance a while back: premiums weren't worth the small amount of coverage.

Have agood day, my friends:hug:manyheart

Later, gators!

Morning guys

Quick jump in to ask if you'll keep Steph in your thoughts today . Pyper went in for a checkup on her broken arm,and it isnt healing properly,so she is scheduled for sugery this AM at 11 for them to re-break it and set it again .

Steph got a call last night at 10:30 ,her dad was in ER --they found a small "shadow" on his brain -- he is having severe dizziness and vomiting . He is admitted to Akron General for further testing .

Cam is also sick -- he went to school but they may be calling me to come pick him up ,so Steph is getting a lot dumped on her all at once .

I'd like to ask if you'd all remember her today to give her some extra strength to get through all these things . She lets on like she's tough,but inside, she is falling apart .

Thanks -

Internet is back!

Julie, poor Steph, will certainly keep her in my thoughts.

For those who asked, my finger is healing nicely, still a bit painful, and I think there will be a scar, (but that doesn't bother me).

Going back to read posts on previous pages now....

Hi Ladies. :waving

Judy ~ Ouch! I hope the crown isn't cracked. :hug Maybe it's time for me to join you in making saltines...it's been too long! ;)

Julie ~ Oh my, Steph has way too much all at once. :( She knows that you and Sam are there for her and I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Cindy ~ So glad your internet is back! It's amazing how much we rely on it now!

Linda ~ I hope you're getting some "me time" once in a while. You must miss your crochet and quilting time horribly. :hug

Joanne ~ Looking forward to seeing your baby ghan! :c9

Things are in pretty good shape here and I really want to crochet this afternoon.:)

Morning guys

Quick jump in to ask if you'll keep Steph in your thoughts today . Pyper went in for a checkup on her broken arm,and it isnt healing properly,so she is scheduled for sugery this AM at 11 for them to re-break it and set it again .

Steph got a call last night at 10:30 ,her dad was in ER --they found a small "shadow" on his brain -- he is having severe dizziness and vomiting . He is admitted to Akron General for further testing .

Cam is also sick -- he went to school but they may be calling me to come pick him up ,so Steph is getting a lot dumped on her all at once .

I'd like to ask if you'd all remember her today to give her some extra strength to get through all these things . She lets on like she's tough,but inside, she is falling apart .

Thanks -

oh, my - poor Steph! We're all here for them:hug:hug:hug:manyheart

Internet is back!

It's the little things in life....:c9

For those who asked, my finger is healing nicely, still a bit painful, and I think there will be a scar, (but that doesn't bother me).

that's good - and scars...no big deal:hug

Judy ~ Ouch! I hope the crown isn't cracked. :hug Maybe it's time for me to join you in making saltines...it's been too long! ;)

good news: no cracks! just severe bruising and straining of the ligaments....it;ll take weeks to heal, but no work or repairs needed!:cheer

c'mon...you know you want to make saltines:devil

Things are in pretty good shape here and I really want to crochet this afternoon.:)

did you get any hook time?

Good evening. Didn't get all the way through the posts before it was time to leave for Gainesville for the preop session for Kim before her cardiac cath tomorrow. John will be taking her for the that by himself. It went well. Finally found the Social Security Office after several wrong turns. I need to get copies of my birth certificate, marrriage certificate, and divorce papers. I can't find mine. Two are packed and I'm not sure if the other made it here from my last home. Haven't seen it in a long time. As soon as those arrive, I can start getting it the next month. Yippee!

Off I go - need to call the dentist this AM. I bit down on a piece of kielbasa last night that had a hard piece of gristle or something and from the sensitivity back there I think I cracked a part of a porcelain filling:( Of course DH went for his cleaning yesterday..and we dropped our dental insurance a while back: premiums weren't worth the small amount of coverage.

Have agood day, my friends:hug:manyheart

Later, gators!

Glad to hear that you don't need work, but sorry it's going to be giving you grief for a while.

Morning guys

Thanks -

Lots and lots of hugs to Steph. :hug:hug:hug:hug Hope that things have settled down a bit by now.

Hugs and prayers for Steph!!! Hope all went well with Pyper's surgery today and with her dad!

Glad to hear that no work is needed on the crown, Judy!! That's a welcome relief!!!

Linda- Hope you get all the papers you need quickly so you can start getting your SS and get an apartment and start your new adventure in life!!!

Cindy- Glad to hear that the finger is feeling better!

Mary- Did you get in any hook time---and I'm sure Judy would LOVE some company making saltines!!!

I stopped by to see my GS after work and before my hair cut/color appointment. It was just the boost I needed- that smile and laugh just warm my heart! Got my hair cut a little shorter and I like the way the natural waves are falling. We'll see how it is in the AM!!

Off I go for a little relaxation time with hook and yarn before calling it a night!

Archived