Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Joanne - cut and paste alert.

Maryann got in last night at midnight and then we chatted until 3 AM :eek Went for breakfast this morning and then back to the house to shower and then did some running around. Stopped at Joann's and picked up circular knitting needles for the edging that I'll need for the border of the mystery kal and then to the market. Now we stopped at the office and are waiting for our pizza to be done accross the street before we head back. Since I can't have meat today.

Tomorrow is St. Patty's Day and we'll be heading out about 1 and will be gone all day. Tonight we're either going out for fish with my sister's bf's sisters or staying with and having Salmon with everyone :think

I just breezed through the posts. Joanne - I'll post the recipe again on Monday, I have to find it :think

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Sorry to hear about your Dad passing. He's not suffering any more. Prayers for your family.:hug:hug

Marisa, Have fun this weekend with MaryAnn. We have a big St. Patricks Day Dinner here to tomorrow. It is are last meal.

My neighbor that I share internet with has to go home early. There leaving the end of next week. She went to have surgery done on her knees and they couldn't do it (this was late last summer) they found her thyroid overly enlarged. She had radiation treatment to kill it and has been following up with blood test and the results haven't changed for quite some time. So the doctor told her she needs to come home they'll check and see how much has been treated and go from there. So when she leaves I won't have access to internet unless I go McDonald's or Dairy Queen. She feels bad and wanted to give me back my money but I wouldn't take it. It's not her fault. Health is more important. Hubby asked me if I wanted to go home early and I said not really.

Yesterday Maya asked have you decided when your coming home yet. I said no and she said why not. She then asked how long does it take you to get home. I told her 2 nights in a hotel and maybe 3 days of driving. Or 2 very long days of driving and 1 night in the hotel. She said how long did it take you to get there? I said 3 days and 2 nights. You think she is anxious for us to get home? Poor thing!

I did tell hubby I would like to be home for Easter this year so we can take her to an Easter egg hunt. Next year I know we won't be home for Easter as it is March 31st. Will see.

I worked on are taxes most of yesterday and just finished them a bit ago.

We got a rebate with are state because we bought a new refrigerator.

I'm going to go see about getting my hair thinned out and trimmed a bit.

I'll catch you all later. Have a nice weekend everyone!:hug

Cindy- My condolences to you and your family- it's never easy losing a parent.:hug:hug:hug

Thanks for the recipe, Marisa- I bookmarked it this time!!! Have a great time with MaryAnn!!!

Will catch up more tomorrow!!!

Good morning everyone. Just want to let you know that my dad passed away this morning. I am doing okay.

I'm sooo sorry for your loss :hug. Lifting you and your family up in prayer. I'm glad you decided to stay and won't have to turn around and go back. We're here for you.

Judy - I haven't had a chance to rest yet. I'm hoping to do so this weekend. I have the last book in the Chesapeake Shores Novel by Sherryl Woods, "The Summer Garden." She is closing this series out. Hopefully, I can relax with it. Lifting your cousins up in prayer. The pork chops sound delicious.

Mary - There are so many relatives that I didn't get to see. How far do you live from Burleson, Tx. My mom's youngest sister lives there.

Marlene - I enjoyed the few relatives/friends I got to see. There are so many more I didn't have time to see. Oh well, maybe next month. Maya misses you a lot.

Linda - You were such a blessing to that shawl ministry. Continue to pace yourself. It sounds like you're balanced.

Joanne - May will be here before you know it. Will your other 2 girls go to Beantown with you?

Marisa - Have fun with your sister and friends.

I have finished the 2 blankets. I'm going to attempt to post a picture.

Have a good night all.

post-15738-13589774709_thumb.jpg

post-15738-135897747094_thumb.jpg

Joanne - May will be here before you know it. Will your other 2 girls go to Beantown with you?

Have a good night all.

The blankets are beautiful!!! They'd be perfect for the twins that my DD's sis-in-law is expecting. She actually mentioned that they are thinking of using 2 blues for their boy and pink/brown for their girl. She's due at the end of July. What color blues did you use? I'm not a fan of sewing squares together, although I like the look of these. I may end up doing RR's just because there is no sewing involved--or Cindy's peek-a-boo blanket- or the baby bubbles blanket---but I really like the way yours turned out. Ah, such decisions.

Happy St Patty's day one and all!!! Busy day ahead. Off to TJ's this morning with DD and GS and then this afternoon, my stepdaughter and step grandson arrive for a visit! Can't wait to meet the little guy- and have him meet Ryan!

:clover:clover

Good morning,

Joanne, I used ILTY dark country blue, medium blue and soft blue. The girl's colors are hot rose, pink and white. The country is showing a little darker than it is and the rose appears more red. The sun had gone down when I took the picture. I hate putting sqquares together as well. The method I now use has helped. I am on the blackberry and will explain it from the laptop later.

Have fun with your family!

Not much on the crochet front....waiting for the pattern to arrive for the Viceroy shawl so I can get going on it...if you remember, Faille started it.;)

Hooded baby blanket is slowly but surely getting done...;)

Have a good day my friends....:hug:manyheart

Good Morning Ladies,

:clover Happy St. Patrick's Day!:clover

I'm shortly we do a St. Patrick's Day dinner with all the fixin's. Then the entertainment committee has planned -bean bag baseball. That's usually a fun time. Are kitchen ladies are a team. In years past we did states and that was lots of fun to.

Maya called this morning to say she had flip flops on and shorts. It is going to be 80 there today.

Joanne, Enjoy your weekend with grandbabies. What type of things does TJ's sell. I think they have one in Corpus Christy but we've never been there.

Valarie, Beautiful blankets!

Hope everyone has a nice day!

I enjoyed the few relatives/friends I got to see. There are so many more I didn't have time to see. Oh well, maybe next month. Maya misses you a lot.

Linda - You were such a blessing to that shawl ministry. Continue to pace yourself. It sounds like you're balanced.

Have a good night all.

Beautiful blankets, Val.

Top o' the morning to you all. Remember to wear your green today. :clover

Yesterday I read and rested. I do have to do some more packing today, but it's going to be when I feel like it, for sure. Need to run a few errands today too. It rained in the night and everything is soaked. Don't know if more in store, but it looks and feels like a real possibility.

Love to you all. :hug :hug :hug

Hi House. We don't ever celebrate St. Patrick's Day and I don't have anything green to wear. :lol

Valerie ~ Your afghans are wonderful! :clap Thanks for the pictures. :) Burleson is only about a 25 minute drive from us!

Marlene ~ Oh, I'm sorry you'll be without the internet for a while.:( Please post when you can! Yes, it sure sounds like Maya is anxious to see you all. :lol

Linda ~ I'm so glad you're taking time for yourself. :hug Moving is always stressful and I hope you'll have some help with the packing!

I'm hoping to be here more over the weekend and am really needing some time with my hook. Have a good morning, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning

We all had a great day yesterday with the 2 little ones. Busy, but fun

Hoping to go to the beach today if the weather cooperates. So far it is cloudy so we'll see

Wishing u all a wonderful Sunday!!!!!

'morning, peeps!

Good morning

We all had a great day yesterday with the 2 little ones. Busy, but fun

Nice!:)

Hoping to go to the beach today if the weather cooperates. So far it is cloudy so we'll see

Wishing u all a wonderful Sunday!!!!!

Maybe a better beach day as the day goes on...it's still very chilly, too, in addition to being cloudy. Fingers crossed...it's still early!;)

Not much on the schedule today - we'll probably be out and about, though!

Have agreat day, my friends:hug:manyheart

Good morning everyone. The sun is out! Yay! :clap Yesterday afternoon I got together with Rosie and Carol and we all worked on a quilt for a friend of Carol's who has cancer. We had to undo and redo 5 blocks to begin with. Carol and I ripped and Rosie sewed. Then Carol pinned the blocks togethe. Rosie was the sewer. And I trimmed and pinned the strips together. In 3 hours we had the top together and ready for the borders. It would have taken at least 9 or 10 hours for Carol to get that far all by herself. Then we all went out to supper together.

Today I have to pack boxes, as I've played hooky for two days now. But I am making lots of progress. One more week to go.

Happy Sunday! The weekend has been crazy so far...but I'm going to crochet the rest of the afternoon. :D

Joanne ~ Oh, it sounds like a wonderful time with two little ones. :)

Linda ~ I'm so glad you've had some "play" time! You deserve it. :yes The quilt will make someone very happy.

Hi to everyone at the House. :hi

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the afghans.

Hope everybody had a great weekend.

We're celebrating my neice's birthday at my sister's house.

It has been a beautiful weekend in Georgia. I didn't get any crocheting done...I read a book instead.

I'm going to try to catch with my MCAL squares. I am also working on an Alabama afghan for someone's birthday gift. It's not due until August but I want to get it done in case someone else wants to place orders. I'm now making some money off my hobby!!! HOORay!!!

Well back to the celebrating. I'll be back tomorrow. Have a great evening everyone.

Cindy :hug.

Had another wonderful day!!! The sun came out and we went to the beach and then to the bay and the two little ones went on the swings and we went for a nice long walk- and it was just so nice!!!

Linda- Sounds like you enjoyed your last couple of days- and hope you didn't overdue to compensate for your fun times!!!

Val- Woo-hoo!!! Nice that you are making some $ off your hobby!!! What afghan are you making for the Alabama ghan? My stepdaughter's fiance is a huge "Roll Tide" fan and I'm thinking maybe I should make them a Roll tide colored afghan for their Christmas gift this year!

Mary- It was fun being with the two little guys together- so cute watching them play side-by-side!

Marisa- Hope you and MaryAnn had an awesome weekend together- and can't wait to see you next week!

Hi, ladies!

Val - yay for making money off your hobby! And reading a book is a wonderful way to spend the day. I'vebeen doing a lot of that lately.

Mary - Hi! Is the internet working ok??

Linda, it sounds like your days are flying by!

When is the big move to TX?

Cindy, you and your family are all in my thoughts and prayers.

It's a beautiful sunny day here! The headline in the paper today: THe Winter That Never Was:lol

Later, gators:hug:manyheart

Good morning everyone. Just want to let you know that my dad passed away this morning. I am doing okay.

I'm so sorry. :manyheart:hug:manyheart

I'm sooo sorry for your loss :hug. Lifting you and your family up in prayer. I'm glad you decided to stay and won't have to turn around and go back. We're here for you.

Judy - I haven't had a chance to rest yet. I'm hoping to do so this weekend. I have the last book in the Chesapeake Shores Novel by Sherryl Woods, "The Summer Garden." She is closing this series out. Hopefully, I can relax with it. Lifting your cousins up in prayer. The pork chops sound delicious.

Mary - There are so many relatives that I didn't get to see. How far do you live from Burleson, Tx. My mom's youngest sister lives there.

Marlene - I enjoyed the few relatives/friends I got to see. There are so many more I didn't have time to see. Oh well, maybe next month. Maya misses you a lot.

Marisa - Have fun with your sister and friends.

Have a good night all.

Beautiful! :clap

Good afternoon ladies :hi

We had a great weekend and of course it was over way too quickly :( Friday we did some errands and then lounged at the house a bit before heading out for dinner with steph, her bf, and his sister with her dh :think I think I got that right :lol

Saturday was parade day and we even caught the tail end of it...I don't think we've ever actually made it to the parade :lol Anyways, I guess it was only because the parade route was blocked off and we couldn't cross the street to get to the bar we were supposed to meet everyone at :shrug:lol It was a long day, but it was gorgeous...a little too hot for me :blush It was pushing 80 and it's supposed to be 80 for the next 3 days here :eek

Marlene - How cute is Maya and yep, I'd venture to say she misses you :manyheart Did you get your hair done? :yay for getting a state rebate.

Val - your ghans are beautiful :manyheart

Joanne - Did you decide on any patterns yet? How great to get to see both your grandsons this weekend :manyheart And me next weekend :eek:lol

Judy - Did you receive the pattern yet? How far along are you on the hooded baby blanket? See you soon :wink

Linda - Sounds like you had a couple nice relaxing days, which have been well deserved. How great for you to all work on the quilt together, it's so much more fun to have a buddy to work with :yes

Mary, Tab, Trish, and everyone else :hi

Archived