Our House Part Two

JulieKay

We had a terrific day!

The weather was cold, but nice, so the landscapers were able to do their work - and I'm sorry, but no"before" pics. It does look great, though - very "finished" looking.

They were done in the yard and our friends arrived before I got back from the hairdresser! I'm super pleased with the highlights I had her add to my usual color - and she trimmed away the excess bulk - so I feel as "finished" looking as the landscape job.:lol

I even got in a little hook time while sitting and talkign with our friends before we went out to eat.

It was a very nice day.:c9

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, afternoon, and night. I slept the clock around and had long nap in the morning. Hung out with Rosie and helped her rework a "muscle" shirt for her grandson. He wears a 4T and this was a 12/14 so we took about 5 inches out of the torso and an inch from the arm holes and it looks like it should be about right now. I'm going to have another go at one of the arm hole sleeves tomorrow, as it came out wonky. Rosie's not good with light-weight, slippery ployester knit fabric and that's basically what I learned to sew on. By the second seam the tricks were coming back to me. It will be cute on Braedon who's three.

John and Kim left for Texas at 1:10 and plan to make the drive over three days. I've got my fingers crossed that everything goes well. I told him that I wasn't planning on doing anything "productive" today or tomorrow other than resting.

Hope you all have a good weekend. :hug :hug :hug :hug

I'm heading for bed. :sleep

Hi all,

To all those traveling this weekend- be safe!!!

Marisa- Have fun at the shower- I know she's going to love that sunflower afghan!

Val- Have a good time in Alabama if you decide to go.

Linda- Rest up and take it easy-and postive thoughts that John and Kim have a safe uneventful trip to TX

Judy- It does sound like you had a wonderful day yesterday! Glad that both your hair and your yard are "finished"!!

Tab- Hope you were able to get a few hours of rest.

Cindy- Prayers for your Dad and Mom--safe travels. Love the idea of working on quilts for the pregnancy resource ctr with your DD.

Mary- Is it Luke time again this weekend? I'll be getting some Ryan time after I pick up my oldest this afternoon who will be arriving from Boston!

Looking forward to a nice weekend with my girls- especially tomorrow when we're all together for a nice dinner and then the hockey game!!!

I'd better get off the computer and pick up the hook and yarn. I have a shawl to finish!!

Joanne, enjoy your family time!:c9

Good morning, afternoon, and night. I slept the clock around and had long nap in the morning. Hung out with Rosie and helped her rework a "muscle" shirt for her grandson. He wears a 4T and this was a 12/14 so we took about 5 inches out of the torso and an inch from the arm holes and it looks like it should be about right now. I'm going to have another go at one of the arm hole sleeves tomorrow, as it came out wonky. Rosie's not good with light-weight, slippery ployester knit fabric and that's basically what I learned to sew on. By the second seam the tricks were coming back to me. It will be cute on Braedon who's three.

You really needed that sleep! Enjoy your alone time.:hug

Good idea on adapting the shirt, too!:clap

John and Kim left for Texas at 1:10 and plan to make the drive over three days. I've got my fingers crossed that everything goes well. I told him that I wasn't planning on doing anything "productive" today or tomorrow other than resting.

;)

How re you today??

The bodice is the pink yarn from the booties I knit a few weeks ago and I used a creamy white for the skirt.

Oh, that's going to be so pretty!

I hear Miss Lucy talking to her daddy....wanting attention - and outside time! She's extremely insistent!:lol Better him than me;)

Have a good day, my friends!

Howdy All

My aunt used to do that for her white poodle,Angel. She ordered a cake, put up balloons and candles on the cake ,etc. She thought the world of that pup .She'd invite a big gang over to sing to Angel and have cake .

I'd sing to ANYONE to have a piece of cake,so I always thought it was fun.

She also had a big party when she got her PLASTICS.( driver's license). She was probably in her 40's when she got her license ,so she had a big old cake and stuck her license right in the middle .

Another CAKE occasion . Needless to say she was my favorite aunt .

When we had a slumber party at her house (she had 2 girls almost my exact age ) ,she wanted to do a seance with the Quija board. She snuck up behind me and scared the BEEJEEBERS outta me .

Sure do miss her. Such great memories .

Marisa

So what color is your hair now,the same, or did you make it really different like pink or something ? I think those bright colored hairdos are cute on young people like you .

Have a fun weekend with your shower and meetup .

We used to have cake for our dogs too :yes:lol

My hair is the same color, my mom just had to tweak the amounts a bit since it didn't 'stick' very well the last time :( We'll see how it holds up now, otherwise I'll end up switching to a permanent color.

Hello everyone.Busy day at work again, plus I did some chart review after work for a committee that I am on. Came home and made a pot of chicken noodle soup for dinner. Dh had made bread. Amazing that something as simple as soup and warm homemade bread could taste so wonderful.

My dad was admitted to the hospital, and my brother says he is very weak and sleeping a lot. My mom is the same.

The grandsons were impressed by the pancake dinner last night. They ate two packages of sausage links plus a pound of bacon with their pancakes. (well, I had two slices of bacon, and dh had some meat as well, but the boys ate most of it.)

I have nearly finished the baby dress that I started yesterday. I had to make shorter sleeves than the pattern called for because I am using stash yarn, (in a discontinued color) and I'm running low. It looks alright though.

:drool Dinner sounds wonderful, how nice of dh :manyheart The pancake dinner sounds awesome too and of course, you have some growing boys there :wink I hope your parents are doing alright :hug Still saying prayers :hug

A quick pop in to say hello and good night.....I am beyond beat.

Have a good night. :ghug I hope you are all doing well. :manyheart

Nice to 'see' you and try to get yourself some rest :hug

Marisa, here in this area I don't think that movie has had much of a following - too many deeply sad memories. I'm sure it was good, though - Tom Hanks wouldn't be associated with a picture that wasn't.

I remember seeing a preview way back for it then completely forgot about it. The kid in that movie played a very difficult part amazingly well :yes

We go to the Cinema & Drafthouse...an old theater that a girl I went to school with converted into a restaurant/theater. We love going there, and they usually show movies just shortly after being in the regular theater. They can only show 1 at a time so we'll often see whatevers in and choose between the 6 and 8 shows. Only open on the weekend so whatever the 'big' movie is will play the early show the following Thursday yet and that was it this week. It's only $5 to get it :D

Glad you're taking time to rest up for yourself :hug

Hi all,

To all those traveling this weekend- be safe!!!

Marisa- Have fun at the shower- I know she's going to love that sunflower afghan!

Looking forward to a nice weekend with my girls- especially tomorrow when we're all together for a nice dinner and then the hockey game!!!

I'd better get off the computer and pick up the hook and yarn. I have a shawl to finish!!

Thanks, I will :D And I know you'll have fun with your dd's and at the hockey game :yes

Good morning ladeis :hi

Today is the bridal shower. We picked up a shirt last night, in purple, for me to wear :D We looked in Boscov's (dept store) and I didn't really find anything so we ran into Rue 21, trendy and fairly priced, and we got lucky there. I got 2 purple shirts in different shades since they both looked nice for less than the shirt in Boscov's :D Plus I got a tank top and then we got my sister a shirt and a tank as well :yes I tried on a dress, but it didn't like my curvy hips :lol:shrug

Then ran to walmart for a few items and got my card and gift bag, so now my afghan is ready to go :yes I just need to shower yet this morning and I'll have breakfast closer to leaving time :yes I'm going to work on clue 4 for the mcal in the car since my friend is driving :yes I already have 4 squares done and have 8 more to go, but they're small and work up quickly so I didn't do any last night, but finished the kal clue 3 square that was already on my knitting needles :lol

On Thursday it was in the 60's here and yesterday it snowed :eek I'm not sure what's being called for today, but it's supposed to be 60 again tomorrow :lol

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday :hug

I remember seeing a preview way back for it then completely forgot about it. The kid in that movie played a very difficult part amazingly well :yes

We go to the Cinema & Drafthouse...an old theater that a girl I went to school with converted into a restaurant/theater. We love going there, and they usually show movies just shortly after being in the regular theater. They can only show 1 at a time so we'll often see whatevers in and choose between the 6 and 8 shows. Only open on the weekend so whatever the 'big' movie is will play the early show the following Thursday yet and that was it this week. It's only $5 to get it :D

Thanks, I will :D And I know you'll have fun with your dd's and at the hockey game :yes

Ooooo. The Cinema and Drafthouse sounds like a ton of fun.

I'm awake a bit earlier today. The puppies are always screwy for a few days when it switches to just me and the two of them. It was growl vs whimper for a while last night and then they both went quiet. A couple of hours later it was first one and then the other going crunch, munch and slurp, slurp with the food and water. Then Trouble finally decided to get in bed with Sweet Pea and me, but wanted to lie on my head! :eek No way! :no They finally settled down with one of them on each side of me and the rest of the night went well.

I borrowed a Zane Grey book from Rosie's John and plan on spending a good bit of the day reading it and in general taking it easy again.

Hope you all have a great weekend. :hug

Marisa, I hope the shower is a blast!!!

Linda - yup, more resting is in order! Dogs DO like their routine...sounds like they figured things out, though:lol

Hi all,

We had a great day yesterday! :manyheart DD and SIL bought a swing for Ryan and hung it on a tree in the back yard. He loved it!!! It was a little nippy out there,though, so it was a fairly quick 'try out the swing, see how he likes it and bring him back in" :lol

I bought my DD a Nook Simple Touch for her birthday and hope she likes it. I was contemplating this for a while, since she always says how she likes "real books". If she doesn't like it, I can always return it, but I think she'll like the fact that it's so light-weight and she can always have a book with her. I love mine and so does my oldest DD. I'm hoping she can be won over when she realizes she can borrow books from the library!:xfin I also finished the shawl and just have a few ends to weave in this morning. Can't wait to spend time with all 3 girls later today!:)

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday---and hope you remembered to "spring ahead"!!!;)

Hi, ya, peeps!

Joanne, I never thought I would like eReaders, either - I'm sure DD will love it!

And what shawl did you make??

I can only imagine the fun watching Ryan in his swing! Has his other g'ma seen it yet?

Enjoy your day, everyone! I'll tiptoe away so I don't wake up anyone:lol

Hi, ya, peeps!

Joanne, I never thought I would like eReaders, either - I'm sure DD will love it!

And what shawl did you make??

I can only imagine the fun watching Ryan in his swing! Has his other g'ma seen it yet?

Enjoy your day, everyone! I'll tiptoe away so I don't wake up anyone:lol

I made the one skein summer wrap from the Caron website- so it's not really a "shawl" I guess. I used Universal Cotton Supreme yarn and I loved working with it.

The other grandma saw a video of him in the swing- and today she is babysitting when we all go to dinner and the hockey game:manyheart

post-27163-135897746159_thumb.jpg

I made the one skein summer wrap from the Caron website- so it's not really a "shawl" I guess. I used Universal Cotton Supreme yarn and I loved working with it.

The other grandma saw a video of him in the swing- and today she is babysitting when we all go to dinner and the hockey game:manyheart

Very pretty!!

tg for videos...my friend in FLA sees her grandson using Skype....

Have fun today!

Good Morning, Ladies. :) Our power was off part of yesterday - no severe weather, so not sure why. We've had beautiful rain for two days. DD and Luke came over yesterday, so he had fun with flashlights. :lol

Cindy ~ Have a safe trip to your parents. :manyheart Sending lots of hugs to you and your whole family. :hug

Joanne ~ Your summer wrap is gorgeous! Enjoy the rest of your family time...and I'll bet your DD will love the nook!

Marisa ~ Can't wait to hear all about the shower! When will you return to Pittsburgh?

Linda ~ Oh, I'm so glad you're getting some much needed rest. :) I know your list is long, but you can only do so much. :manyheart

Julie ~ I hope you've had some time with Cam this weekend! Does he have Spring Break this week? I think most of the schools here are out this week.

We went to a surprise birthday party last night and it was really fun. An old friend of DH's lives about 45 minutes west of us and we all met at a restaurant...he was truly surprised. :D

Clocks are all changed, laundry is in and we're going to have a quiet day at home today. I hope to finish one more scarf to add to the box before I mail it. Have a good morning! :manyheart

Mary, it's so easy to amuse a 2 year old, isn't it?:lol

DS is coming over for dinner in a bit - pot roast for dinner. It's my late MIL's recipe and a favorite. I even have the recipe in her own handwriting:c9:c9

CU all later.

:lol

DS is coming over for dinner in a bit - pot roast for dinner. It's my late MIL's recipe and a favorite. I even have the recipe in her own handwriting:c9:c9

That is so special! I treasure recipes that my MIL has given me, too. Pot roast sounds really good! :)

I finally gave in and finished the scarf even though it's not as long as I like to make them. The last part of the skein had knots and splotches that look like ink. :angry It's ILTY and the first time I've had this problem! At 55 inches, it's still an okay length, so I decided not to try and find another skein with a matching dye lot.

The sun came out after 3 cloudy days, so I think Miss Gracie and I will go for a walk. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

That is so special! I treasure recipes that my MIL has given me, too. Pot roast sounds really good! :)

It came out great - and DS brought an assortment of our fav cookies from a bakery near his office:c9

I finally gave in and finished the scarf even though it's not as long as I like to make them. The last part of the skein had knots and splotches that look like ink. :angry It's ILTY and the first time I've had this problem! At 55 inches, it's still an okay length, so I decided not to try and find another skein with a matching dye lot.

I'm sure it looks great - but if I were you I would write to the yarn company, giving them whatever info is on the wrapper.

I've gotten some great coupons by doing that when I had an issue with a food product. It can't hurt.;)

The sun came out after 3 cloudy days, so I think Miss Gracie and I will go for a walk. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Did you enjoy your walk?

We had a nice day - it was nippy this AM because of the wind, but by this afternoon it was 62 and sunny so for the first time this year we sat out on the back patio!

Have a good night, everyone:hug:manyheart

Hello everyone. I had a great day at work and we had an uneventful trip to my parents. Its odd being in their house when neither one of them are here. My younger brother was here when we arrived and we had a short visit with him before he left for home.

Now we are just relaxing, and reading.

Hi Ladies,

I was almost done here and lost my post.

Julie, The baby ghan is for Maya's teacher. It is her first baby and she is having a boy. I'm using Bernat baby sport in a varigated (pink, yellow, green, blue, white) no name on the label. It's round.

Judy, The spiral is just round no ripple. I'll look for a link, one didn't print on the paper when I printed it out. The hooded blanket will be a really nice gift. DD got one at her shower and it was well used. I don't know why I didn't think of that one.

Your breakfast with your GD sounded yummy and so did the pot roast. We have a roast in the freezer to fix before we head home.

Happy belated birthday to Lucy.

Linda, :clap for the weight loss and the drop in your A1C. Sorry your sick, but it sounds like your getting lots of rest.

Marisa, Thanks for the link for the pork chops. We need another way to fix them. It sounds like your having a good weekend. Safe travels back home.

Sabrina, The orchid is beautiful! A sign of love it blooming on Valentine's Day after buying it for your anniversary gift to DH.

Amy, It's a really nice thing you, your family and friends are doing to help the families that lost everything in those tornados.:manyheart

Cindy, So sorry to hear about your parents. I continue praying for you and all your family. I'm sure you being a nurse helps you to deal with and be okay with your Mom's decision even though it's a tough thing to go through. It's really nice of you and DD to quilt together for your Mom. Be sure and mark all of her stuff, clothes and all. Things have a way of disappearing in those places.

Val, If you went to Alabama hope you had a fun weekend and safe travels. With the colors you chose your going to have 2 really nice looking ghans.

Joanne, Babies are such a pleasure to be around. I can still hear Payton's laugh playing peek a boo. I use to say when the GK were babies they entertained me now that they are older I entertain them.

:clap for the 3 day weekend and a weekend of family fun! Happy Birthday to your DD! The shawl is really pretty and a nice color to.

Tab, Hope your able to get some rest when you try to. Have you tried wrapping Elijah up in a blanket like they did when he was born. Some babies like it and others don't.

It was a busy week last week for me. The pond party lunch was inside and went really well. After lunch we went over to the pond for an ice cream cone and golf cart races. It was a nice time. Boy were we tired.

Friday we went to some garage sales. I picked up a local cookbook from a church. I like those types of cookbooks. I told my neighbor about some denim capris and jeans in her size and she went and got them. Her husband said thanks a lot. I said look how much money I saved you from her going to the store to buy them. They were 3.00 each and like new.

Saturday morning we had a special breakfast for the cooks. It was Karen's 50th anniversary. Her daughters started planning a year ago. One lives in Michigan and one lives in Arizona. Them and there families came in on breakfast and asked do you have enough for us. Karen and Dick didn't know they were coming. Then a bunch of them went out to dinner and they had another surprise there. One of are cooks left last season. They sold there place and went home. Her husband found out he has cancer and has gone through all his chemo and he's down to have some more test in about 3 weeks and see where he stands. They showed up at the restaurant. Then they came back here to find a surprise party for them. They weren't expecting it. They thought they would be coming back to play cards with the kids. It was a wonderful day for all of us!

Today was just an unwind day. I did make 2 pots of potato soup and shared with two of the neighbors.

Maya called this morning to say one of her teeth is a little loose. She's excited--until it's time to come out. She won't like it.

Before I lose this I'm going to post it. Have a nice night and a good monday everyone.

:hug and prayers for everyone!

Good morning!

We had an awesome time yesterday- the dinner was fabulous and the game was a lot of fun especially since the Devils won!!!! DD loved the Nook and her summer wrap! Her BF was a tad jealous that she now has an e-reader!! I'm glad I decided to get it for her!

It was so much fun being with all three girls, SIL, BF and DH!:manyheart

Today, oldest is headed home:( and I've already asked her to check her calendar since I'd like to head up to Beantown in May.

Marlene- It sure sounds like you did have a busy, busy week- but that you have been enjoying your stay in TX. When do you head back home to MI?

Linda- Hope you had a restful weekend!

Cindy- Thanks for letting us know you made it to your parents house. Keeping you and the family in my prayers :hug

Judy- Yesterday afternoon was so nice outside! Glad you got to spend a little time outdoors on the patio!

Marisa- Safe travels home- I couldn't remember if you were headed back to Pitt yesterday or today!

Val, Tab, Mary, Julie and the rest of the house---have a great Monday. Time for me to get ready since I'm taking DD out to breakfast and then to the train.

'morning, peeps!

If the weather never gets colder than it's been for the past couple of days I would be extrememly happy - not be, so I'll just enjoy it and not think about the coming Summer:lol We're going to be breaking some records for high temps over the next couple of days!

Joanne, my GD applied for the Boston Conservatory and absolutely loves the city! She still has no idea where she's headed for college in the Fall.

I'm so happy DD loved the eReader! And May will be here before you know it. I'm looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks for our small meetup!

DS told us yesterday that his GF ordered him the iPad 3 for his upcoming birthday - top of the line version:eek:eek

I'm soooooo jealous!:devil

Hello everyone. I had a great day at work and we had an uneventful trip to my parents. Its odd being in their house when neither one of them are here. My younger brother was here when we arrived and we had a short visit with him before he left for home.

Now we are just relaxing, and reading.

That is so hard...DH and I went through that when we walked through his mom's house with the realtor - and then after it was emptied and sold. Many nice memories and a very bittersweet time. Sending you:hug:hug:hug:hug

I was almost done here and lost my post.

I hate when that happens!:eek

Judy, The spiral is just round no ripple. I'll look for a link, one didn't print on the paper when I printed it out. The hooded blanket will be a really nice gift. DD got one at her shower and it was well used. I don't know why I didn't think of that one.

Phyllis reminded me about that pattern, if I remember correctly, and I finally decided to try it. It really comes out oretty and definitely an easy to do when you're watching TV, etc. I'm really in baby blankie mode:lol

Your breakfast with your GD sounded yummy and so did the pot roast. We have a roast in the freezer to fix before we head home.It was a hit yesterday...in fact, DH said he wouldn't mind making that meal a regular Sunday tradition.

Happy belated birthday to Lucy.

Chinky Monkey is a sweetie - except when she bugs 6 yo Sparkie - we've seen more bared teeth from him in the last 6 months than we've ever seen in his entire life!:lol

It was a busy week last week for me.Today was just an unwind day. I did make 2 pots of potato soup and shared with two of the neighbors.

It sounds like you always have a wonderful time in TX! You're truly blessed:c9

Maya called this morning to say one of her teeth is a little loose. She's excited--until it's time to come out. She won't like it.

Before I lose this I'm going to post it. Have a nice night and a good monday everyone.

:hug and prayers for everyone!

Maya is growing up!

Try and relax a little...you're a regular energizer bunny!:lol

Good Morning Ladies,

It's a foggy morning here. Like home being close to the water we get lots of foggy mornings. Today we have are last jam session for the season. A lot of people are like why? We have always gone to the end of march. The guy who sets things up is burned out. He always puts to many coals in the fire. So I understand but will miss it.

Judy, I looked up the spiral blanket and found out it is called swirl not spiral. It is on her blog at www.simpleknits.blogspot.com and on ravelry, she goes by simpleknits and her name is Vicki Mikulak. It is a super easy pattern. What a nice gift DS is going to get from his gf.

Joanne, Glad DD likes her Nook! And May will be here before you know it. We will head home early April. I like to be home for Easter and it's on the 7th. I sure hope it will be as nice when we get home as it is there this week. Sixties all week. It will be mid to upper 70's here. Kind of hard leaving it.

Sabrina, Hope you feel better soon!

Have a nice day everyone!

Archived