Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning. Joanne, good thoughts for your sil and his family.

Marlene, your life sounds so busy. Glad Maya enjoyed her trip.

Neither my mom or dad is doing well. My mom has had to be moved to a nursing home, and it sounds like dad is requiring 24 hour care and failing quickly as well. I will be going there on Sunday to take my turn caring for him. Don't be alarmed if I am not around much. My moms brain tumors are growing again and she is a just shadow of herself. She barely speaks, and has forgotten how to feed herself. She had expressed a wish for no aggressive treatment when she was first diagnosed, so we are respecting her wishes. I am doing okay with all of this.

Yesterday DD and I bought some pretty spring fabrics and made a lap quilt for my mom. DD is hand quilting it and says it will be ready for me to take to her on Sunday.

Today the grandsons are coming over, and dd and her dh are going out for dinner. One good thing about those boys is that they are easy to please in terms of meals. I'm planning to feed them pancakes.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Linda ~ Yay for getting to attend the Expo on Friday. :clap Congratulations on the good doctor's visit...and we may bug you with reminders to REST. :DFeel free to bug me all you like over the next 2 1/2 weeks to rest in addition to cleaning. I'm not going to the show. Yesterday I totally ran out of energy while getting Kim to a doctor appointment and a chest xray. Was shaking with cold and nauseated again by the time John got home, so much as I'd like to go it's out. I just don't have the energy to do it. :(

Cindy ~ Our botanical gardens are just starting the butterfly exhibit...thousands of them in the huge indoor area is always amazing! DD and I are planning to take Luke soon. :hook

A butterfly exhibit sounds wonderful!

Good morning!!!

I didn't get home till 9:30 last evening- it was a long day to put it mildly! Think I may have forgotten to mention that my son-in-law's grandma passed away on Monday and last night was the wake. His Grandpa seems to be doing ok, but after 65 years together, I know his heart must be breaking. A few prayers for him would be appreciated.

I'll try and catch up on posts this evening after paradise.

Have a good day!

Sounds like somebody else is run down too. :hug to sil and and the family.

I'm planning on doing the bare minimum today and tomorrow.

Hi everyone. :rain We're having a beautiful rainy day and it's supposed to continue through Saturday. It makes me happy anytime we have rain after the long drought we've had!

Linda ~ Okay! We now have permission to nag. :wink We want you feeling better. :manyheart

Cindy ~ Oh, I'm so sorry that both of your parents are getting worse. :hug How long will you be gone? The lap quilt sounds lovely! Have fun with the grandsons...Luke is officially hooked on pancakes now. :)

Valerie ~ The baby ghans sound wonderful. :c9 Remember, we love pictures anytime. :yes

Joanne ~ Sending prayers for your SIL, DD and their family. :hug

Marisa ~ I'm glad you had a safe trip and are enjoying your visit. :)

Judy ~ WTG on the painting. :clap I love the hooded blankets...what color are you using?

Marlene ~ The pond party sounds like so much fun! How exciting for Maya to fly and go on vacation...I know you miss her a lot. :manyheart

Amy, its cold and rainy here too. (I get to stay in though) Yesterday it was 65 and sunny.

Mary, my plans are to stay until sometime on Wednesday, since I have to work Thursday and Friday next week.

DD now thinks that we are such a good quilt making pair that we should make baby quilts to donate to the pregnancy resource center. It is a fun thing to do together, and I have tons of fabric to use up, so it is something to think about. Meanwhile I am working on a baby dress to go with the knit baby booties. With a little luck I will have enough yarn for a hat as well.

Joanne - Hoping you get some rest and also lifting your sil and his family up in prayer.

Marlene - you have a busy life...it sounds like you're having fun.

Marisa - I asked the question wrong, however, you answered with clarity. I wanted to know where your parents lived because like you, my parents' home is home to me. Have a great weekend!

Cindy - I'm glad you're okay. However, I know it still hurts. I lost my mom 20 years ago this October coming and my dad a year ago this past February. I will continuously lift you and your family up in prayer.

Mary - I love rainy days as well, especially if I don't have to travel in it.

Judy - Glad the hubby got to paint and you were satisified with it. I can't wait to see pictures of your projects.

It's a beautiful day here. I'm going to put this blanket together and start my squares for clue 3 & 4 of the MCAL.

I might be going to Alabama this weekend.

Just a quick check again. I was up early this morning and was texting with my friend from chiro school that I'm carpooling with to the bridal shower on Saturday. I'm heading over to her office to get myself adjusted at 12:15 and then we're going for lunch during her break :clap I just dropped my mom off at work since my dad decided to drop off their cars today and tomorrow while my car is here as an extra. She's done at 3 so I'll be back in time to pick her up. It's a beautiful day, even here...which is usually a bit chillier. I did 2 squares for this weeks mcal clue last night and I think it grew on me, I wasn't so sure how I felt about it at first :think We had my nephews on facetime with the ipad for a while and I got some letters printed and signed for more mailings. I still have to stuff and label them for sending.

Well I guess I should get going. I need to leave in about 10 minutes.

Good morning!!!

I didn't get home till 9:30 last evening- it was a long day to put it mildly! Think I may have forgotten to mention that my son-in-law's grandma passed away on Monday and last night was the wake. His Grandpa seems to be doing ok, but after 65 years together, I know his heart must be breaking. A few prayers for him would be appreciated.

I'll try and catch up on posts this evening after paradise.

Have a good day!

Definitely sending prayers :hug

Good morning. Joanne, good thoughts for your sil and his family.

Marlene, your life sounds so busy. Glad Maya enjoyed her trip.

Neither my mom or dad is doing well. My mom has had to be moved to a nursing home, and it sounds like dad is requiring 24 hour care and failing quickly as well. I will be going there on Sunday to take my turn caring for him. Don't be alarmed if I am not around much. My moms brain tumors are growing again and she is a just shadow of herself. She barely speaks, and has forgotten how to feed herself. She had expressed a wish for no aggressive treatment when she was first diagnosed, so we are respecting her wishes. I am doing okay with all of this.

Yesterday DD and I bought some pretty spring fabrics and made a lap quilt for my mom. DD is hand quilting it and says it will be ready for me to take to her on Sunday.

Today the grandsons are coming over, and dd and her dh are going out for dinner. One good thing about those boys is that they are easy to please in terms of meals. I'm planning to feed them pancakes.

Have a safe trip to your parents and I'll continue my prayers for them. I'm glad you're doing okay....it's never easy, but sometimes we get a little piece of mind when we continually witness the diminishing quality of life :hug :hug

Joanne - Hoping you get some rest and also lifting your sil and his family up in prayer.

Marlene - you have a busy life...it sounds like you're having fun.

Marisa - I asked the question wrong, however, you answered with clarity. I wanted to know where your parents lived because like you, my parents' home is home to me. Have a great weekend!

Cindy - I'm glad you're okay. However, I know it still hurts. I lost my mom 20 years ago this October coming and my dad a year ago this past February. I will continuously lift you and your family up in prayer.

Mary - I love rainy days as well, especially if I don't have to travel in it.

Judy - Glad the hubby got to paint and you were satisified with it. I can't wait to see pictures of your projects.

It's a beautiful day here. I'm going to put this blanket together and start my squares for clue 3 & 4 of the MCAL.

I might be going to Alabama this weekend.

Have a safe trip if you head to Alabama :hug Have fun with the mcal clues.

Judy ~ WTG on the painting. :clap I love the hooded blankets...what color are you using?

Pink...:)

Oh, Cindy:hug:hugI'm just happy your mom was able to make her own decision before her condition got worse...

We'll be here when you can check in:hug:manyheart

It sounds like lots of us are getting rain today!

Amy ~ Have a good day and try to stay dry. :manyheart

Cindy ~ Baby quilts for the resource center is a super idea! It's great that your DD likes to craft, too.

Valerie ~ If you go to Alabama, have a safe trip. :) How long does it take to get there?

Judy ~ Pink is perfect.:hook You've sure been on a roll making baby ghans.;)

Last load of laundry is in and I've been playing "office manager." :lol Time to finish up in there. :)

Happy birthday Lucy!

My brother just let me know that my dad is on his way to the ER. Evidently he is much weaker and very confused today, and the home health nurse told them to go to the ER.

Thanks for all the support, friends, it means a lot.

Lucy is a one year old today!

:party:birthday Happy Birthday Lucy! :birthday:party

Happy birthday Lucy!

My brother just let me know that my dad is on his way to the ER. Evidently he is much weaker and very confused today, and the home health nurse told them to go to the ER.

Saying a prayer for your dad, Cinday. :hug:hug:hug

Aw, Cindy:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Miss Lucy ~ Happy Birthday! I hope your mom and dad are giving you extra treats today. :dog

A box of treats from the Blue Dog Bakery has been dipped into several times today!

I've been working on the hooded baby blankie while relaxing in front of the TV (for a change...LOL!) It's a pretty - and simple - pattern.

I love making baby things...now if I can get my brain to concentrate more maybe I can get back into making baby sweaters. I haven't made any of those for about 30+ years!

Havea good night, ladies.:hug:manyheart:hug

Hi friends.

Thanks for the prayers for my SIL and family! Much appreciated.

Cindy- I'm holding your family, mom and Dad in my thoughts and prayers! It's never easy, but I'm glad that you are at peace with what is happening! Hugs, hugs, and more hugs!!!!

Judy- Happy Birthday to Lucy!!! Wow- can't believe a year has gone by already! I like that baby blanket pattern too.

Marlene- Maya sounds like she had a great trip! Enjoy your evening tonight!

Linda- Sorry you won't be able to get to the quilting expo- feel better, rest when you can!

Val- Safe travels to AL if you go!

I'm going to take it easy tonight- crochet a little and then turn in early I think

Dinner is finally ready- so off I go!

Just a quick pop in to say :clap It's Friday:clap

:hug:hug and good thoughts to all!!!

Today is the start of a 3 day weekend for me since it's the weekend we celebrate my middle DD's Big 3-0!!!:)

Joanne, enjoy DDs birthday celebration!!

We have landscaping work being done in our yard today - and our friends are coming by at lunchtime...AND I have a 10 AM hair appt:eek

Needless to say, I'll be MIA till tonight...

Later, gators:hug:manyheart

Good Morning Everyone! It's cold, windy and raining. Brrr!

Joanne ~ Have a wonderful long weekend with your family. :)

Judy ~ Your day sounds super busy, but fun. Yay for having some quiet crochet time yesterday. :hook

Cindy ~ How was the pancake supper with the grandsons? I'll bet they loved it!

Hi Julie! Will Cam be with you all this weekend? I may see Luke and DD for lunch today. :)

Have a good day, House. :manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

I have my color on my hair. Not much planned for today. We'll run to the store later, Boscov's has easter tablecloths on sale and since I still have my xmas ones out at work...it's time to change those :lol My friend I met for lunch yesterday also reminded me that we're supposed to wear purple to the shower tomorrow, so I guess I'll need to get a shirt too :think

I made another square for the mcal last night after we got back from the movies. It was a great movie :yes It was something like Extremely Loud, Incredibly Close (:think)

Cindy - Continued prayers for your parents, you, and your family :hug How did your dad make out at the ER?

Joanne - :birthday to DD :yay

Judy - Belated :birthday to Miss Lucy :clap

Howdy All

Jude

You are going to have a whole new house and yard if they keep up all that work on it . Did you have a doggie-cake for Lucy ?

My aunt used to do that for her white poodle,Angel. She ordered a cake, put up balloons and candles on the cake ,etc. She thought the world of that pup .She'd invite a big gang over to sing to Angel and have cake .

I'd sing to ANYONE to have a piece of cake,so I always thought it was fun.

She also had a big party when she got her PLASTICS.( driver's license). She was probably in her 40's when she got her license ,so she had a big old cake and stuck her license right in the middle .

Another CAKE occasion . Needless to say she was my favorite aunt .

When we had a slumber party at her house (she had 2 girls almost my exact age ) ,she wanted to do a seance with the Quija board. She snuck up behind me and scared the BEEJEEBERS outta me .

Sure do miss her. Such great memories .

Joanne

Enjoy your 3 days off ,bbet you are really needing the break. Sounds like a fun weekend in store .

Marisa

So what color is your hair now,the same, or did you make it really different like pink or something ? I think those bright colored hairdos are cute on young people like you .

Have a fun weekend with your shower and meetup .

Mary

Yep, Cam is coming today after school. Not sure yet on his plans for the entire weekend . Emailed to ask steph this AM, but she is at work ,so wont hear back til 2 or 3 probably. I think she gets out early on Fridays .

Hello everyone.Busy day at work again, plus I did some chart review after work for a committee that I am on. Came home and made a pot of chicken noodle soup for dinner. Dh had made bread. Amazing that something as simple as soup and warm homemade bread could taste so wonderful.

My dad was admitted to the hospital, and my brother says he is very weak and sleeping a lot. My mom is the same.

The grandsons were impressed by the pancake dinner last night. They ate two packages of sausage links plus a pound of bacon with their pancakes. (well, I had two slices of bacon, and dh had some meat as well, but the boys ate most of it.)

I have nearly finished the baby dress that I started yesterday. I had to make shorter sleeves than the pattern called for because I am using stash yarn, (in a discontinued color) and I'm running low. It looks alright though.

Rest well, Tab:hug:manyheart

Jules, no doggie cake for Lucy, but lots of snacks, including her favs: cheese and Peanut butter:D

Marisa, here in this area I don't think that movie has had much of a following - too many deeply sad memories. I'm sure it was good, though - Tom Hanks wouldn't be associated with a picture that wasn't.

Hello everyone.Busy day at work again, plus I did some chart review after work for a committee that I am on. Came home and made a pot of chicken noodle soup for dinner. Dh had made bread. Amazing that something as simple as soup and warm homemade bread could taste so wonderful.

That's truly comfort food - and 2 of my favorite thingsto eat.

My dad was admitted to the hospital, and my brother says he is very weak and sleeping a lot. My mom is the same.

At least they're both getting good care and your brother is there.:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

The grandsons were impressed by the pancake dinner last night. They ate two packages of sausage links plus a pound of bacon with their pancakes. (well, I had two slices of bacon, and dh had some meat as well, but the boys ate most of it.)Boys DO have huge appetites!:eek

I have nearly finished the baby dress that I started yesterday. I had to make shorter sleeves than the pattern called for because I am using stash yarn, (in a discontinued color) and I'm running low. It looks alright though.

What color is the dress?

Archived