Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Thanks everyone, for the nice words about my projects. (I was also impressed at getting a pair of booties!)

Busy day at work again, but now I'm off for two days. Its a really beautiful day here today, sunny and 65 degrees. On Sunday it was 25 degrees and snowing! Its supposed to be nice tomorrow as well. I think DD and I will be going to Frederick Meijer Gardens tomorrow. They have a butterfly exhibit on at the moment.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh! WOw! What did you do for it while it was in the stem stage...and how long did that last? Mine is close to getting there....

Wish I could give you a long laborious list of things I did but....I did nothing but watch it. :lol We water with a weak solution of cheapo orchid food and wait for it to be completely dry (for a day) before watering again.

Thanks everyone, for the nice words about my projects. (I was also impressed at getting a pair of booties!)

Busy day at work again, but now I'm off for two days. Its a really beautiful day here today, sunny and 65 degrees. On Sunday it was 25 degrees and snowing! Its supposed to be nice tomorrow as well. I think DD and I will be going to Frederick Meijer Gardens tomorrow. They have a butterfly exhibit on at the moment.

Oh, that looks like a great place to visit! I hope you get to go tomorrow!

Wish I could give you a long laborious list of things I did but....I did nothing but watch it. :lol We water with a weak solution of cheapo orchid food and wait for it to be completely dry (for a day) before watering again.
Hmmmm...well, we'll see what I can do with this one:lol

We have a new shower! It looks awesome!:)

I want to completely wipe it down tomorrow after the caulk dries, I have to wash the floor... and we need to have some painting done (or hubby will try it:P) because of wall board that was replaced, etc. I'm hoping we can get someone to do it - because we'll also be taking out the tub in the other bath and making that into a shower, and after that's finished the ceiling will need painting by someone who knows waht they're doing. Mold is starting to bubble up under the paint again. DS used to take steam showers years ago when he still lived here (with the door shut and windows closed) so the mold always comes back. I did a modest job on it a few years ago, but I'm not able to paint any more.

Just thought I'd check in quick before heading home for the night. I'm thinking I'll drive home tomorrow....so now I guess I need to pack tonight :think:lol

Judy - I think I might have her number, I'll have to check. :yay on the bathroom. Your bfast sounded yummy :drool

Cindy - Have fun tomorrow...I'm sure you'll take lots of pics :devil

Evening ladies. :manyheart

Cindy~Beautiful work, love the blue scarf. :clap

Linda~I am glad to see that you are okay....busy is better than ill anyday. ;) Take care & try to fit in some relaxation. :hug

Julie~I truly hope these Dr.'s figure out what's going on so you can figure out what path to take & finally feel somewhat healthy. :hug

Things here are okay, just extremely exhausted.....this is so much harder & more exhausting than I remember. :eek I didn't work on Elijah's tummy time blankie today :(......I actually don't feel like I did much of anything today. :think

Well, off to rest.....have a good night all. :ghug

This is the orchid that is open. I gave it to DH in July for our anniversary. It had no tag so we named it "Anniversary" It's a Phalaenopsis variety. The blooms fell, it went into stem, then bud and on Valentine's it had it's first bloom open. The last bloom opened today.

They should last about 2 months.

[ATTACH]53135[/ATTACH]

That is gorgeous:manyheart I had gotten an orchid from one of my DD's a couple of years ago for my birthday and unfortunately, it didn't last:(

Gorgeous! I'm in awe of anyone who can grow them and get them to bloom.

Just got back from the doctor. I'm just worn out and haven't had time to recuperate between major stuff happening. Continue doing what I'm doing and rest when I can is the verdict. Mammogram results came back fine. Have another one in a year. My A1C, the long term measurement of how my diabetes is doing, dropped another point. Yay! And I've lost 5 pounds in the last 4 months. All good news.

:clap:clap That is great news, Linda!! Hang in there with the busy months ahead and I hope you get to the quilt expo on Friday!!!

Hello everyone!! Well tornados hit about 20 minutes from us on Friday.. and the devestation is unreal to me. We are going to collect some things and head up with some people we know this coming Sunday. My kids will go too. We all just want to help. Those people lost everything. It is heartbreaking. We will be headed to henryville Indiana.

I hope everyone is doing good. We are good here. I ahve been crocheting when I have the time. Its been busy around here for some reason.

Glad to hear you and your family are ok. All the devastation is truly heartbreaking!

Have fun at the Gardens!!!! We have a butterfly park in the next town that I keep meaning to go check out!

We have a new shower! It looks awesome!:)

I want to completely wipe it down tomorrow after the caulk dries, I have to wash the floor... and we need to have some painting done (or hubby will try it:P) because of wall board that was replaced, etc. I'm hoping we can get someone to do it - because we'll also be taking out the tub in the other bath and making that into a shower, and after that's finished the ceiling will need painting by someone who knows waht they're doing. Mold is starting to bubble up under the paint again. DS used to take steam showers years ago when he still lived here (with the door shut and windows closed) so the mold always comes back. I did a modest job on it a few years ago, but I'm not able to paint any more.

Enjoy the new shower!! Glad it 's good to go!

Hi guys

Just checking in quick. Just to answer Jude about the doc today .

Was sent for more bloodwork today ,so waiting to hear those answers. Will make a decision after hearing what the latest tests show .

Hopefully you'll be able to decide what to do once the results are in:hug

Evening ladies. :manyheart

Cindy~Beautiful work, love the blue scarf. :clap

Linda~I am glad to see that you are okay....busy is better than ill anyday. ;) Take care & try to fit in some relaxation. :hug

Julie~I truly hope these Dr.'s figure out what's going on so you can figure out what path to take & finally feel somewhat healthy. :hug

Things here are okay, just extremely exhausted.....this is so much harder & more exhausting than I remember. :eek I didn't work on Elijah's tummy time blankie today :(......I actually don't feel like I did much of anything today. :think

Well, off to rest.....have a good night all. :ghug

It's rough with a little one Tab- plus having teenagers too:eek Hang in there!:hug:hug

Marisa, Judy & Phyllis- The 24th is good for me too- I have to babysit but that's not till the afternoon some time- Are we planning to meet in the morning?

Hope you all have a good day- I had fun with the little one last night- I just adore the innocence of babes- he loves clapping hands and laughs with peek - a boo- Ahh, the little things:manyheart

Good morning. I have been up since 4:30. since I couldn't sleep. Yesterday I forgot to set the alarm and didn't get up until 6:20. It takes me 20 minutes or so to get to work and I made it on time, but only because I literally washed my face, combed my hair, got dressed and grabbed the coffee dh had poured for m on my way out of the door. I would not be in any trouble if I was late, (unless it was habitual), but the night nurses would much prefer to see me at 7AM.

I'm hopeful that the grocery shopping gets done today. Tomorrow the grandsons are coming over, and I am not about to go anywhere with 4 little boys!

Hi guys

Just checking in quick. Just to answer Jude about the doc today .

Was sent for more bloodwork today ,so waiting to hear those answers. Will make a decision after hearing what the latest tests show .

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Marisa, Judy & Phyllis- The 24th is good for me too- I have to babysit but that's not till the afternoon some time- Are we planning to meet in the morning?

AM is better for me....anyone else?

Hope you all have a good day- I had fun with the little one last night- I just adore the innocence of babes- he loves clapping hands and laughs with peek - a boo- Ahh, the little things:manyheart

That is truly a stress reliever, too!

Good morning. I have been up since 4:30. since I couldn't sleep. Yesterday I forgot to set the alarm and didn't get up until 6:20. It takes me 20 minutes or so to get to work and I made it on time, but only because I literally washed my face, combed my hair, got dressed and grabbed the coffee dh had poured for m on my way out of the door. I would not be in any trouble if I was late, (unless it was habitual), but the night nurses would much prefer to see me at 7AM.

I was a nurses aide when a senior in HS and worked weekends - days. I remember my mother coming home from her night shift at the same hospital and I hadn't even gotten up yet to go in! Good thing it was 5 minutes away...and like you, i never did that...so I was OK with the big wigs....

Off to clean the shower stall now that the silicone has dried. It looks sooooo nice!

Have a great day!

Good morning everyone.

I'm tired, but otherwise fine. Bought some of the 5 hour energy liquid to see if it will help give me a lift. Didn't see much of any difference with half a bottle so took the other half and will see how that goes.

Kim has to have blood work done this afternoon and then a chest xray. That lets us rest all day Thursday in preparation for them leaving on Friday. And I get to go to the Sewing and Quilt Expo with Carol and Rosie on Friday. Yay!!! :clap :clap :clap Carol's never been so it should be really fun. And this is the first time that Rosie and I get to go together in a while. I'm really looking forward to it.

I feel like I've missed out on most of Ayden's growing up by living so far away from them, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Good afternoon all,

I was up until 4 am with a cousin from Alabama. I'm the listner in the family...can't turn anyone away!!

Julie & Tab - :hug

Linda - glad you got good news from the doctor. Will your move put your closer to Ayden?

Amy - Praying for those families and God will bless you for helping them.

Cindy - enjoy your outing w/Dd and your days off. Four grandboys???

Judy - :cheer:clap for the new shower!

Marisa - where is home?

Mary, Joanne, Sabrina, Marlene, Christi, & Shannon - have a great day all!!!

Hi House. :) I hope everyone is having a good day. :manyheart

Linda ~ Yay for getting to attend the Expo on Friday. :clap Congratulations on the good doctor's visit...and we may bug you with reminders to REST. :D

Judy ~ Your breakfast sounds so nice. :) I know you'll enjoy your new shower!

Tabby ~ I hope you're able to get some rest...Elijah will be sleeping all night before you know it! :c9

Cindy ~ Our botanical gardens are just starting the butterfly exhibit...thousands of them in the huge indoor area is always amazing! DD and I are planning to take Luke soon.

Hi to those I've missed. :manyheart I've been gone since 8 so I need to do a few things...including some crochet time. :hook

Just stopped by to check in. I've completed the squares for the Bernat Softee Baby Double Diamond Afghan for a friend back in Alabama in Dark Country Blue, Medium Blue and Soft Blue. She's also requested on in 2 shades of pink and white for her granddaughter.

Have a good evening and night.

Well, we ended up doing the small amount of much-needed painting ourselves that was a byproduct of the shower stall reno. It wasn't too bad...

Then I scrubbed the entire thing - it looks awesome.:D

Only a little hook time today. Before I start graphghan squares for my hope chest I started making a baby hooded blankie - using the pattern on the Pound of Love yarn. Another blankie for my neighbor. There will be a small shower for her next month.:)

We had a beautiful, sunny day today and tomorrow will be even nicer!

Have a good night, my friends.:hug:manyheart

Hi ladies,

I briefly skimmed the posts. I Left today and got to my parents around 3:30. We went out for dinner and then I went to visit my aunt a while. Now sitting, watching American idol, and crocheting.

Judy, Joanne, Phyllis....ill prob have to drop my friends riding with me at my friend Kathy's house in Newark. We should be leaving from my parents house and I don't see a problem coming early. I'm actually going to try talking them in to heading to Newark Friday not :xfin

Val....home is wherever I happen to be spending the night :rofl. I refer to my parents house as home, which is in northeastern pa on the border of the poconos. I am currently living with my sister and her bf in Pittsburgh where I just opened my own chiropractic office, so that's home too. So I guess now Pittsburgh is home.....but my parents house will always and forever be home too. I don't think my answer gives very good clarity :think

Good morning!!!

I didn't get home till 9:30 last evening- it was a long day to put it mildly! Think I may have forgotten to mention that my son-in-law's grandma passed away on Monday and last night was the wake. His Grandpa seems to be doing ok, but after 65 years together, I know his heart must be breaking. A few prayers for him would be appreciated.

I'll try and catch up on posts this evening after paradise.

Have a good day!

Good morning!!!

I didn't get home till 9:30 last evening- it was a long day to put it mildly! Think I may have forgotten to mention that my son-in-law's grandma passed away on Monday and last night was the wake. His Grandpa seems to be doing ok, but after 65 years together, I know his heart must be breaking. A few prayers for him would be appreciated.

I'll try and catch up on posts this evening after paradise.

Have a good day!

Oh, that is sad...I know the longer we're married the less I can even conceive of a time when we wouldn't be together.

Saying a prayer for all those left behnd:hug:manyheart

Off to an early start today - BBL sometime! Have a great day, my friends.

ANd it's going to be around 70 today:P

Good Morning Ladies,

Just a quick note here. I'll catch up tomorrow. Yesterday I had crafts, then we had to make potato salad and get things ready for are pond party today. Then we had a chili cook off we went to. Then I played cards last night. Maya called and told me all about her vacation. She loved flying and sitting by the window so she could see. Her Mom said she didn't know if she would do that again as Maya had to get up 4 times to go potty. On the way home she sit beside a lady with a baby and she got to hold the baby.

Every year Les and Suna put on a pond party sometimes it is outside and it's suppose to be today. The cooks and most of the husbands help us haul everything to the pond. We have a cookout-burger, brats, potato salad, baked beans, ice cream cone, tea or kool aid.

Tonight we are going to the country music show. I will be extra tired tonight but it will be a fun day.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Archived