Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Linda, that's good news all around. I like that your pacing yourself....

Val...you were so busy! I hope you get a chance to rest...

Hi Ladies. :) The u-verse person is supposed to be here between 9 and 11...hope it's closer to 9!

I started another scarf in Bernat Satin Sage. It's a light, "springy" color and really nice to work with.

That scarf sounds pretty:c9

...and since we haven't heard from you I assume your tech people haven't finished....:P

Good morning ladies :hi

Next weekend is the bachelorette party for my friend and I'll get to meet up with the Jersey ladies :wink That will really be a whirlwind trip :whew But, another friend is coming with me so I'll have company for the ride :clap We used to live together in Long Island through our clinic/internship. I'm not sure if we're leaving late Thurs or wait until Fri morning to leave :think Her office is already closed on Friday, but she doesn't want to close on Thurs since she'll be missing Saturday. But she has to talk to her dh and let him know she's going (which he had no clue of :rofl) but he is such a sweetheart :manyheart We all graduated together, so we're all chiros and they got married shortly after in Puerto Rico (in her hometown....me and steph went and it was absolutely gorgeous) and settled here (his hometown) :blah :blah :blah I guess I gave a lot more info than was necessary :lol Anyhow, her Aunt is going to be in NYC so when I meet up with you ladies, she'll be going to meet her Aunt :D And then it will be trouble by night :devil

OK, I'm done :blah :blah :blah

You're a hoot! Looking forward to seeing you next week!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer:cheer

Judy & Marisa, Maya's teacher gave the journal and told her to do it on her trip.

Good teacher!

Judy, Hope you feel better.

TY! Once the rain left so did most of the bad aches and pains.

I now have a bulit in barometer in my body:lol

Just wanted to share a pic of my mcal clue 4 (last week) :D

That's perfect!:clap

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you would please remember my cousin Elizabeth in your thoughts and prayers...

She's been fighting cancer of one type or another for several years now (and she's only in her mid 50's). Right now her brothers have been taking turns driving up to visit her in New England and it looks like she only has a short time left.

Her brothers are being so strong and supportive...they need prayers, too.

Thank you.

Judy ~ Your cousins sound like a wonderful family. They will all be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug

Linda ~ Oh good, our nagging must have worked. :wink Good for you for getting lots of rest and not overdoing things. :manyheart I'm glad Kim and John are having a good trip!

Marisa ~ Your square is really pretty! Your upcoming schedule sounds like so much fun...and a "House" meet-up is exciting. :)

Valerie ~ So glad your trip was a good one and that you were able locate the papers you needed. It's great that you have so much family and were able to see lots of them!

U-verse is installed! A super nice guy was here from about 9 until 2:30 - he only had a couple of glitches to work around with our house. So our phone, internet and tvs all work from one hub now. My internet is sooo much faster! And I went yarn shopping today. :D

Mary, they are a wonderful bunch - 5 kids (my dad's brother's family) and only one was a girl...they lost their mom and dad to cancer over the years, too....

TY for the prayers.

Hi Ladies!!!

I had a late start this morning- but that is because I woke up at 2 and was tossing/turning- finally fell back asleep for about an hour before the alarm went off!!! Didn't have time to post before work!

Linda- Sounds like you are pacing yourself perfectly- packing/sleeping/reading/packing/sleeping/reading/....Repeat as necessary! Thanks for letting us know that Kim is doing well!!

Mary- So, inquiring minds want to know- what kind of yarn did you get?

Marisa- Loved the blah, blah, blah!!! Can't wait to see you next Saturday!!!! It's been so long!!! And have a great time this weekend with MaryAnn!!!! BTW, your square is nice!!!

Val- It was heavenly being with all 3 of my daughters- those times are few and far between now that they are all adults!!! I see the 2 who live in NJ fairly regularly, but my oldest only about 1X every 2-3 months! I'm planning to head to Beantown in May - still waiting to hear from DD on what weekend works best for her.

Cindy- Thinking of you!!!

It was another gorgeous day here. A friend and I went for a mile walk at lunchtime and it felt so good!!!!

Hope you all have a good evening!!!

Hello everyone. I quickly skimmed the posts, but I'm sure I missed lots.

Judy, praying for your cousin. She sounds like she ahs a lot of wonderful support from her family.

My dad is failing rapidly and the doctors think that the end is near. He is sometimes only semi conscious. When he's awake he is quite confused although he does call us by name. I was planning to go home today, but I decided to wait a day and see how he is. This could go on for days, even possibly weeks, so if things look the same tomorrow, I will likely go home then. My sister is here for the rest of the week, and my brother who lives here is out of town but he will be home on Saturday.

My mom is the same, appears content, and barely speaks. The staff at the long term care facility always have her looking really nice. My mom has lots of nice clothes and they make an effort to put nice outfits together.

If you would please remember my cousin Elizabeth in your thoughts and prayers...

She's been fighting cancer of one type or another for several years now (and she's only in her mid 50's). Right now her brothers have been taking turns driving up to visit her in New England and it looks like she only has a short time left.

Her brothers are being so strong and supportive...they need prayers, too.

Thank you.

:hug :hug :hug :hug

Prayers and hugs to you too Cindy. :hug :hug :hug :hug

Today was YARN day. I took 44 skeins to the Episcopal Church this morning for the NICU outreach. Then tonight Jenny from the Methodist Church's Prayer Shawl Ministry came over and I went through the REST of the YARN. I am keeping a number of projects that are at least half way done and are for me, which includes 4 afghans one of which is the Painted Desert, and one of which is the Dragon afghan. I am keeping two tubs of specialty yarn too. The prayer shawl ministry is getting 14 bags and 1 box of yarn. Included in that are two prayer shawls that just have to have the tails hidden and a number of partial projects that can be finished and/or repurposed. It is all going to a good home where it will be used and appreciated and that makes me feel good.

A long day, but a very productive one. I'm going to have something to eat, read a little, and call it a night.

Love you all. :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Lots of :hug coming your way. Keeping your family in my prayers.

Marisa, It sounds like your going to have fun the next two weekends. Your week four square is pretty. It would be nice in 3 colors to.

Mary, My DD really likes her u-verse. I like the dvr when I go. The scarf sounds lovely. What kind of yarn did you buy today?

Judy, Prayers for your cousins. It's nice that there close. I think Maya's teachers baby is going to be a very lucky boy to have the Mom he is going to have. With all she does for Maya's class in my book she is "The Teacher of the Year".

Val, Glad you were able to get the papers you went for. Sounds like you got to visit family and friends and had a nice visit.

Joanne, Good for you getting a mile walk in.

Linda, Glad your getting the rest you need and some fun time for you and some work. Glad John and Kim arrived safely and having a good time. How far will you live from town? You made a lot of people happy today donating all the yarn you did.

Today when I went up to the club house I heard someone a short distance from us had there gulf cart stolen last night. Most likely while lots of us were still up. They found it down the road in a ditch this morning. The guy left his key in it. This happened a couple of years ago and found down the road in a ditch to. I said probably the first kids little brother grew up and played the same trick. They don't know how lucky they are they didn't get caught by the owner of the park. He don't take things like this to lightly. Talking at cards tonight at my table we all hear a truck that was a little noisy. Most of us thought it was the guy that comes in sprays for mosquitos but it wasn't. I'll check it out next time and I'm sure others will to.

Add a couple more rows today to the baby ghan. It's up to 31" and I think 36" should be big enough.

I'm off tonight. Have a nice Thursday! :manyheart I love you guys to!

Good morning!

I had a great night's sleep and feel so much better today!!!!

Linda- How wonderful that you donated all that yarn where it will certainly be put to good use. I was actually thinking of seriously looking through my stash and donating some too even though I'm not moving.

Marlene- Glad that the stolen golf club turned up!

Not much on the agenda today other than work! The temperatures have dropped again and it's going to be cooler today, but hopefully I'll get out for another walk at lunchtime

Hugs to all!

'morning - again!

I had to leave the puter this AM, came back and answered a bunch of posts...and they're gone:(

I do want to thank everyone for their prayers for my cousin and her brothers....you ladies are very special...:hug:manyheart

I'm up. The first time I haven't slept the clock around since John and Kim left. May take a nap later, but for now feel pretty good. I know I've still got some more yarn around, but got the most of it sorted yesterday. I think I'll be packing boxes of assorted stuff today. Not sure, but that sounds about right for now.

Hope your all have a great day.:manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi almost afternoon :eek

Well, I got here fairly early but had to do my March Madness bracket that was due by 11 AM and I hadn't even looked at it prior. Just haven't gotten around to it all week :shrug My sister text me this morning to ask if I was putting one in so I put it on the express train :lol So after I finished I then put it in on a few different websites and I have 3 in on facebook :think Now I'll have to go turn on the TV, the first game is at 12:15. Let the madness begin :lol

We went out last night with the neighbors for banjo night at the Elk's Club :D It's always a fun night and they were all dressed up for St. Patty's Day :clap

Linda - Glad to hear that you are resting and reading in between packing so you're not pushing yourself too much at once :hug

Judy - Sending prayers for your cousin and her brothers :hug

Mary - Glad to hear that your internet is fast and the uverse is installed AND you got to buy some new yarn too :yay

Joanne - It's still warm here with a high of 76 today and it's currently 62. It was 77 yesterday :eek

Cindy - So sorry to hear that you dad is not doing well at all :hug Continuing prayers :hug

Marlene - What a shame that someone would steel the golf cart :angry WTG on adding to the baby ghan :clap

Hi, ladies....

Marisa, I made the pork chops in the crock pot using the recipe you shared.

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:clap:clap

Hi, ladies....

Marisa, I made the pork chops in the crock pot using the recipe you shared.

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:clap:clap

:yay I'm glad you like them....I thought they were excellent too. Did you add spice, or do them 'as is'?

:yay I'm glad you like them....I thought they were excellent too. Did you add spice, or do them 'as is'?

I just added some cayenne pepper...the regular chicken broth took care of the salty part;)

I made sauerkraut, my mom's style (drained, rinsed in cold water and squeezed out. Onions sauteed in some bacon fat. add kraut and let it brown a lot. Add water to cover, some salt and pepper, and heat through) and mashed potatoes to go with it. No potatoes for me...:D

The pork chops fell apart when I tried to lift them out with a fork:lol

book club tonight - we're discussing the Hunger Games! I finished book 2 today.

Looks like I channeled sherlock holmes: lady making next pick chose the 12 original short stories (the Canon ;))!!!

CU all tomorrow!

Good evening everyone!

Marisa- Do you know I had my bracket in my work bag and totally forgot to fill it out until I was on the way home and had the "FAN" on listening to the end of the Syracuse game- and realized I was too late to fill it out! Good luck!!!!

Judy- Glad to hear that you enjoyed the pork chops- Of course, I forgot to save that recipe so, Marisa would you mind posting again? I don't have the energy to go through the posts to find it! Thank you!!:)

Linda- Hope you paced yourself- seems like you have everything on track with resting as needed.

the sun never came out today and it was chilly outside, so we didn't go on the walk! Hoping for a better day tomorrow weather-wise!

I'm hoping to do a little crocheting tonight- since it's 'early' and I have already had dinner and cleaned up!

Have a good night and prayers/hugs to all who need them!:hug

Happy Friday!!!! Nothing new to report since I was last to post last night- other than I actually did do some crocheting last night- about 6 rows on my Brain -dead afghan!

Judy- hope you had a good time at book club last night!

Marisa- Have fun with Mary Ann and tell her "hi' from me!!!

Hi...hope everyone is well. It is sooo warm the last few days, been outside a lot. Also been takng grandkids a lot so not really any crochet time. Wanted to pop in though :) have a good day

Good Morning, House. Yesterday was just full of fun (NOT) things and I never made it to the 'ville. I had to drive to Dallas, which is no fun at all. :lol I'm going to babysit for Luke from 9 til 1 today and then back home to clean and crochet.

I hope everyone is doing okay.:manyheart

Mary - sending you some hugs...

Joanne, book club was great. The Hunger Games was responsible for a lot of discussion!

BB tomorrow - lots to catch up on today.

Good morning everyone. Just want to let you know that my dad passed away this morning. I am doing okay.

I amso sorry, but it sounds like it was time. :hug :hug :hug You are in my prayers.

Good morning. Yesterday was stressful, but I'm doing okay. More boxes to pack today if I have the energy. I am trying to pace myself. Had supper with John and Rosie last night. Rosie made reuban sandwichs which were great. Finished another book last night.

Archived