Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hello everybody,

I just realized that I hadn't checked in.

Lots of post to read.

Linda, glad to hear from you. Continue to have fun and don't overdue it with the decluttering.

Judy, Furbabies look good. They love their mommie.

Marisa, I'm about 95% back. I still haven't done any crocheting yet.

Julie, Cam is soo handsome.

Joanne, Have a great time tonight at your craft meeting.

Marlene, Tab, Mary, Dusti and whomever I might have missed, have a great evening.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. Another super busy day at work. (Its a good thing I had such a lazy weekend!)

Linda, I'm glad it was just busyness that kept you from posting. I was really starting to worry. (and I don't always act my age either....)

Julie, Cam sure is growing up. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Judy there is a free Kindle book offered today on training German Shepherds. I thought of you when I saw it.

Hi House. :hi

Marisa ~ Do you have a recipe for the pork? I've been using a crock pot more often, since I got a new one.:) Your upcoming weekend sounds like a lot of fun!

I had a dental appointment this a.m., then errands and got home about 1. It's way too quiet around here without Little Guy, but I will admit to being in bed at 8:30 last night. :lol

Laundry is going and I plan to finally finish the current scarf. :hook

Here is a link to the recipe I used. When I mixed the sauce, I tasted it and thought it was bland so added some spice....white pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper. So the way it's written...it is not spicy at all (for those of you that don't like spicy :devil ) It was very yummy and my sister's bf really enjoyed it. It's really not even too bad for you, I use low sodium stock (could have something to do with why it tasted bland to me :think:lol )

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-pork-chops-ii/

I'm still around. Just have been fighting a cold for about three weeks and haven't had much access to the internet lately.

Still working on the book. Prologue and seven chapters written and into chapter 8. Dedication written, as is cover biography and webpage biography. I have a friend that's agreed to help me with the cover art and it seems like things are going well.

Of course our van is down again. Hopefully, my federal tax check comes in tomorrow and we'll be able to get the parts we need to fix the stupid thing. :bang

Got the state tax check back and while it wasn't enough to fix the van it was enough to catch up a couple of bills. I want my federal though. Then things can really start looking up.

Our new location is open and starting to get busy. It just means that we should be busier there over all. Can't wait to move the whole thing. Nights have been picking up at the old location but I can't wait since it's probably going to be much busier over there overall.

I think that's about it. For now anyway. Talk more later.

Some finished projects:

A knit scarf, made from that ruffle yarn, a pair of knit baby booties and a crocheted scarf that has been a WIP for a year, maybe longer. The yarn is really odd, its about the thickness of size 10 thread, but it has all these odd tufts along it, so that it is really hard to pull the yarn through a loop to make a stitch. The picture does not do it justice, its pink and white and very soft with a really great drape to it. It is meant to be purely used as an accessory, since there isn't much warmth to it.

post-6189-135897744857_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897744861_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897744864_thumb.jpg

Hi Ladies,

Julie, Cam is so handsome! His sister is a real cutie to.

Joanne, Glad you have craft night to unwind after your long day at work.

Linda, Glad your only busy with the moving. Love your story out joyriding.

Good therapy to have a friend you can giggle with.

Marisa, Sounds like you have a good weekend coming up.

Cindy, Some lovely projects. The curly scarf is my favorite.

Shannon, Glad things are coming along on the book.

Val, Glad your feeling better.

I had a nice chat with my sil that came down here when we did. We went to the jam session today. I worked on the swirl blanket and have it up to 23 inches now.

I'll catch you all tomorrow. Have a nice tuesday!

Good morning!

I was so happy to see a post from Linda! Thanks for stopping in and letting us know all is well- although it seems very hectic. I giggled picturing you and Rosie "acting like kids". That's the way to stay young, my friend!!!

Love the projects, Cindy- and the two booties look great-the pair match!!;)

Julie- Cam is one handsome boy!!! And my, how he has grown up! I love the idea about the pirate! You have a great creative mind to come up with all the games that you did.

Marisa- We didn't get any of the 'white stuff" thank goodness, but it's cold out. And supposed to be in high 60's, 70 by Wed or Thurs! Crazy!!! Glad that your sis and bf made it home safe and sound!

Shannon- It was nice to hear from you and to see that the book is really coming along!!!

Marlene- It sure sounds like you are having a wonderful time in TX --the jam session sounds like fun!

Val- I'm happy that you are starting to finally feel better!

Had an enjoyable evening at craft club last night. Tonight I"m heading over to babysit for the little guy :manyheart

Hope you ALL have a wonderful day!

Hi, ladies!

I'm off to join my goddaughter and her mom for a brithday breakfast my gd is making for her mom. GD is a fantastic cook so I'm looking forward to it! Her school has a late opening thus AM. Lucky for me - I don't get to see her much and once she goes to college in the Fall it'll be even less:(

Plumber is coming back this AM...with his carpenter to help him. Hopefully he'll be done today!

Joanne, enjoy sitting with Ryan!

Hi everyone. Another super busy day at work. (Its a good thing I had such a lazy weekend!)

Judy there is a free Kindle book offered today on training German Shepherds. I thought of you when I saw it.

TY - I managed to get the deal late last night!:cheer

Here is a link to the recipe I used. When I mixed the sauce, I tasted it and thought it was bland so added some spice....white pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper. So the way it's written...it is not spicy at all (for those of you that don't like spicy :devil ) It was very yummy and my sister's bf really enjoyed it. It's really not even too bad for you, I use low sodium stock (could have something to do with why it tasted bland to me :think:lol )

TY for the link! We're tired of always having chops on the Forman grill....

Some finished projects:

A knit scarf, made from that ruffle yarn, a pair of knit baby booties and a crocheted scarf that has been a WIP for a year, maybe longer. The yarn is really odd, its about the thickness of size 10 thread, but it has all these odd tufts along it, so that it is really hard to pull the yarn through a loop to make a stitch. The picture does not do it justice, its pink and white and very soft with a really great drape to it. It is meant to be purely used as an accessory, since there isn't much warmth to it.

Nice work! I love the booties:c9

I worked on the swirl blanket and have it up to 23 inches now.

I'll catch you all tomorrow. Have a nice tuesday!

Is that a RR??

CU all later!:hug

Hi Mary :waving. And I am afraid its going to be a miserably HOT summer :hot

Hi Joanne and Judy..I love pictures of your fur babies! I won't be able to share Pics on here, no way to upload from this tablet. But I can upload from my phone to :facebook

Awesome pictures Julie...what a handsome guy :)

What's your book about Shanon?

Love the blue scarf Cindy!:hook

Well I suppose its time to get off and get ready for work :think

Morning all

Thanks for all the compliments on Cam. He is such a good kid . My ideas to entertain him werent only my imagination,they were also to keep him entertained and teach him about new things. He's got a brain like a sponge and loves learning new things, so it's actually been duel purpose : Gotta keep coming up with new things to keep him interested. Once he learns one thing, he is done and wants to move on to the next .

Cindy

Very pretty items ! The curly scarf is really pretty .

Jude

Enjoy your breakfast today .

Joanne

Have fun babysitting tonite ! hope your workday goes by quick .

Marlene

Who are you making the swirl blanket for ? Isnt that one of the round ones that the pattern keeps going round and round ?

Shannon

Hope your tax check arrives soon. We got ours several weeks ago and stuck them in the bank for bills .

Hi Christy

How's life been treating you ?

Hello to everyone else I missed . One of those sluggish days today .Not much gumption .got a doc appt today ,which is getting really old. So tired of this .

Anyhow hope you all have a good day .

Hi, everyone. I'll try to post at least once a day. I skimmed the posts and saw some lovely eye candy by Cindy. With luck I get to go the the Sewing and Quilt Expo on Friday. Thursday is out completely. I have a huge list of things to do during the 2 weeks that John and Kim are traveling and visiting in Texas. Completely finishing the sorting and boxing of all my stuff * * * cleaning the entire downstairs, sanitizing it * * * many, many trips to Goodwill * * * being here for the yard guys who will be working on getting the outside of the house fixed up * * * and who knows what else. I am exhausted just thinking about it. Oh, well.

June is set as the time to move, but no hard and fast date yet.

Rosie came over yesterday and I went through two bags of stuff that he had sorted out. One was so full I could barely drag it from the bathroom to the bedroom. We ended up with 4 heavy bags for Goodwill and 2 heavy bags of trash.

I love you all and am thinking of you and praying for you and your families. :hug :hug :hug :hug

Good morning ladies :hi

Nothing exciting going on here today. I didn't do any crafting last night, I just went to bed after dinner :eek My stomach was bugging me (not just after eating, but it was really add day :( ) Today it's feeling ok so far :think I'm still debating if I'm leaving tomorrow or Thurs for my parents. I'm thinking I can work on my letters from there, so may just leave tomorrow...unless a patient calls today to come in tomorrow, then I'd wait :yes

Shannon - :yay for making progress with your book. I hope you're feeling better :hug

Cindy - Love the scarves and booties appear to match :cheer

Marlene - How fun to have a jam session :manyheart How's your blanket coming along?

Joanne - I bet you had a blast babysitting last night :D

Judy - What did your gd make for bfast? I hope the plumber and contractor don't encounter any more problems :xfin

Christie - I hope the summer is as mild as the winter :wink

Julie - Hope all goes well at the dr :hug

Linda - You only have 3 months and there's alot to do :hug Remember to create some time for yourself even if only a half hour per day, you have to keep yourself sane and healthy or you won't be any help :think

Joanne, Judy, Phyllis - How's it looking to meet up on the 24th? I wonder if Cheeria would be free as well :think

That looks great!!! If it's cooked pig, it's popular at my house! I'm going to give that a spin in the old crock pot.

Still working on the book. Prologue and seven chapters written and into chapter 8. Dedication written, as is cover biography and webpage biography. I have a friend that's agreed to help me with the cover art and it seems like things are going well.

What kind of book are you doing? How exciting...never met anyone writing a book!

Cindy - Love the curly scarf!!!!

Linda - We just went through a move. We had been there for 17 yrs. It was incredible the amount of junk we hauled off!!!! How do we collect so much stuff? :think

I've looked on here and may have missed a section for pet lovers. Is there one? I think a lot of us love to dote on our fur babies and show them off.

Nothing exciting here today. Fed the chickens, emptied the dishwasher, made some pictures of our orchids and some projects around here. Oh... I'm testing a pattern too! It's really pretty.

Well time to toddle off...I think Lucy needs a diaper.

have a great day everyone!

Good Morning! Lots of posts since yesterday. :)

Marisa ~ Thank you for the link to the recipe. :manyheart I love that website! I have a small pork tenderloin in the fridge and this sounds perfect. :) I may throw in some veggies, too!

Cindy ~ Beautiful projects. :hook How exciting to see a pair of booties! :wink

Marlene ~ Great progress on your swirl blanket. :clap

Julie ~ I hope your doctor's appointment goes well. :manyheart

Thought I'd hit submit since my cell and home phone were both ringing! (I don't multitask as well as I used to. :lol)

Sabrina ~ No, I don't think there is a thread for pets...but it sure is a good idea!

Shannon ~ Wow! You've accomplished a lot on your book! :cheer

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :) I need to leave in a few minutes - have a wonderful morning. :manyheart

This is the orchid that is open. I gave it to DH in July for our anniversary. It had no tag so we named it "Anniversary" It's a Phalaenopsis variety. The blooms fell, it went into stem, then bud and on Valentine's it had it's first bloom open. The last bloom opened today.

They should last about 2 months.

post-58472-135897744972_thumb.jpg

Hello all,

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. It's a little chilly but still beautiful.

Cindy, very pretty scarfs and booties. I hope you can relax some when you get home.

Marisa, I'm a spicy girl too. Thanks for the link.

Marlene, can't wait to see pictures of your afghan. Have fun at the jam session.

Shannon, I hope your cold is gone.

Joanne, have fun with Ryan...anticipation should make your workday pass fast.

Judy, hope you enjoyed breakfast with your friend and GD. What did she make?

Julie, hope your doctor's appointment brings good news.

Linda, good to hear from you. Enjoy the sewing and quilt expo. It's good to know you're still taking a little time for you in between the work.

Sabrina, you can post pictures of your furbabies here. A beautiful orchid.

Mary, Tab, Christi, hope you're having a good day.

This is the orchid that is open. I gave it to DH in July for our anniversary. It had no tag so we named it "Anniversary" It's a Phalaenopsis variety. The blooms fell, it went into stem, then bud and on Valentine's it had it's first bloom open. The last bloom opened today.

[ATTACH]53135[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous! I'm in awe of anyone who can grow them and get them to bloom.

Just got back from the doctor. I'm just worn out and haven't had time to recuperate between major stuff happening. Continue doing what I'm doing and rest when I can is the verdict. Mammogram results came back fine. Have another one in a year. My A1C, the long term measurement of how my diabetes is doing, dropped another point. Yay! And I've lost 5 pounds in the last 4 months. All good news.

Hello everyone!! Well tornados hit about 20 minutes from us on Friday.. and the devestation is unreal to me. We are going to collect some things and head up with some people we know this coming Sunday. My kids will go too. We all just want to help. Those people lost everything. It is heartbreaking. We will be headed to henryville Indiana.

I hope everyone is doing good. We are good here. I ahve been crocheting when I have the time. Its been busy around here for some reason.

You're all very welcome for the link to the pork recipe :hug

[ATTACH]53135[/ATTACH]

It's gorgeous! :manyheart

Hello everyone!! Well tornados hit about 20 minutes from us on Friday.. and the devestation is unreal to me. We are going to collect some things and head up with some people we know this coming Sunday. My kids will go too. We all just want to help. Those people lost everything. It is heartbreaking. We will be headed to henryville Indiana.

I hope everyone is doing good. We are good here. I ahve been crocheting when I have the time. Its been busy around here for some reason.

Saying prayers for all those affected by the devestation :hug

[ATTACH]53135[/ATTACH]

oh! WOw! What did you do for it while it was in the stem stage...and how long did that last? Mine is close to getting there....

Judy - What did your gd make for bfast? I hope the plumber and contractor don't encounter any more problems :xfin

My gd made pretty little (homemade) pancakes, using ricotta cheese. They were so light an fluffy! She toasted walnuts and mixed it with sliced bananasand syrup - all warmed up.

Joanne, Judy, Phyllis - How's it looking to meet up on the 24th? I wonder if Cheeria would be free as well :think

Sounds good for me! But I haven't seen anything here from Cheeria....:(

[ATTACH]53135[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous!!

Archived