Our House Part Two

JulieKay

I ladies - I hope everyone is OK. I remember living in St.Louis in the 70's and all the tornado warnings we used to have. I had never seen the sky go as dark as it did when that happened! We were lucky - but I'll take a hurricane warning anytime - at least they're fairly predictable!!

A few more rows left on the RR...reading a Dean Koontz book (What the Night Knows) in between all the others, too. I can only take that in small bursts - creepy!

Off to the mall to look for some sort of pic of a NYC scene for my home office...

Have a good, safe day, everyone:hug:manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, Gloomy and snowing here today, and very windy. Most of the cleaning is done, so I can relax for most of the day!

I finally did some crocheting last night for the first time in about two weeks. One of my grandsons, age 4 was watching me, and had a lot of questions. Eventually, after his questions were all answered, he said "Cool hook, Grandma!" He found it fascinating that the hook pulled yarn through a loop and the resultant stitch didn't just fall apart. I'm sure there must be a physics lesson, (or some sort of lesson), in there somewhere......

Hi House. :) DD is bringing Luke over about 9:30...I think we're ready. :lol

I hope everyone is safe from the storms and prayers to all who have gone through them. :hug

Sabrina ~ Yes, Luke is our only grandchild and will be two on March 30th. He is such a joy and we have him here quite often. Julie has helped me with so many wonderful tips and ideas for entertaining the Little Guy!

Julie ~ Thank you! I found plastic eggs in all sizes up to about 8"! Then I thought "why wait for Easter!?" I put flower seed packets in one and got him his very own yard "tools."

Marlene ~ Have fun at the festival! I love oysters. :D

Judy ~ Isn't remodeling fun? ;) It sounds like you have a great plumber and there are always little things that come up! Lucy will be his best friend by the time they're through. :lol

Valerie ~ :hug coming your way. I hope you're better very soon.

Joanne ~ Your Friday evening with DD and Ryan sounds wonderful!

Hi to everyone at the House. Have a good morning. :manyheart

Morning all

Sounds like so far everyone is ok ,of those checking in today .

Quiet weekend here without Cam but I know he's having fun,so thats good. He called me when they got in the car to start driving last night,so I talked to him then for a bit .

Mary

I bet Luke will love the egg hunts. We did those every year with Cam,and didnt wait for Easter,we started a few weeks before,so he could get some practice in before the town egg hunt at the park . We'd hide things in his too .Sometimes coins, or candies.

When he got older, we hid clues to some small prizes we had also hidden for him,so he had to collect all the clues ,then he got to search for the hidden items here in the house .

We did all different types of hunts with the eggs and he always loved them . That gardening idea is great . Luke should find that so interesting to plant seeds and watch them grow everytime he comes over .

Have fun !

Will check in later sometime ...

Judy, I hope you get full usage of your bathroom soon. Have a fun picture shopping.

Marisa, there's nothing like sisterly love. Your sister is truly blessed.

Marlene, I'm glad Maya and DD had a safe trip to CA. Have fun a the Oyster festival.

Julie, Thanks, the worst of the storm was around us but we got by with heavy rains, some thunder and lightning with a little wind. I slept with my window open because it was sooooo hot. Today it's freezing.

Joanne, I know Ryan and DD brought you much joy. Get some rest and have a good day.

Cindy, glad you had some crochet time as well as the company of your GS. Here's to hoping you get more today!

Mary, thank you. Today, I actually feel almost like my normal self. I don't feel like I'm detached from the body and looking from afar off. The pain is gone and there's only a slight irritating feeling that makes me want to dig in and scratch. Have a great day with Luke.

Now, I have to do some much needed work around here and maybe I'll get a chance to crochet today. I haven't even started my 3rd clue in the MCAL. I'm usually done at least by Thursday.

Catch you guys later.

Marisa, your sister is lucky to have you there!!! You have to be the MOST accomodating guest I've ever heard of:hug:manyheart

Marisa

Sure hope things get better for you finance wise. I know how that is when you are worrying about money. I did that a lot when we were younger and had a family to raise ,bills to pay,etc . I tend to do that now from time to time when we have lots of medical expenses. I worry about getting them all paid .

I hope over time that things will get better. You'll get more patients and then you wont have to worry anymore .You're still young and getting a good start on life,so everything should fall into place for you soon . I'm glad your mom is helping to cheer you up. It's always nice to have a backup person,isnt it ?

The mystery ghan must be a challenge . I've gone over and read a few posts from time to time and it sounds as if lots of people are having issues with the guages, etc . It looks like it will be really pretty when done though .

And your sister is lucky you are doing so much to help her out. I'm sure she appreciates it .

You all have a good evening -- I'm off to watch Kitchen Nightmares soon .

Thanks, yeah the gauges have been off for the cal which has been a bit annoying....but still fun nonetheless. I'm excited to see the final product :yes

I watched kitchen nightmares too and I just wanted to strangle that mother!!!! :eek

Just a pop in to say hope everyone is safe from the storms.

We've had some big thunderstorms but nothing like what states around us have.

Just saw mention of Kitchen Nightmares....we love that! Some of those people are nutz! LOL!

Have a super day everyone!

One of my grandsons, age 4 was watching me, and had a lot of questions. Eventually, after his questions were all answered, he said "Cool hook, Grandma!" He found it fascinating that the hook pulled yarn through a loop and the resultant stitch didn't just fall apart. I'm sure there must be a physics lesson, (or some sort of lesson), in there somewhere......

Awwww....that's so sweet!

Hi House. :) DD is bringing Luke over about 9:30...I think we're ready. :lol

As long as you also took your vitamins and are heavily caffeinated for the day:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I found plastic eggs in all sizes up to about 8"! Then I thought "why wait for Easter!?" I put flower seed packets in one and got him his very own yard "tools."

How sweet!

Judy ~ Isn't remodeling fun? ;)Not...:lol

It sounds like you have a great plumber and there are always little things that come up! Lucy will be his best friend by the time they're through. :lolSparkiea and the plumber are friends...and the guy loves GSDs...but he's still cautious around Lucy. She scares people:lol

Have fun!

Judy, I hope you get full usage of your bathroom soon. Have a fun picture shopping.

The sore had a lot of NYC scenes and we had a hard time deciding but then we saw one on the wall, framed and matted. Hubby told the guy it was a bit too much...so he knocked off a little money from the price.

It's a beautiful B/W poster of Times Square in NYC, and the picture is from 1949 - when I was a babe in diapers.... LOVE IT! DH wants to steal it now and put it in his man cave (aka living room):lol:lol:lol We may have a tug of war over this one - unless he gets me one equally nice to put in its place:lol

Hi Val

Good to know you are ok down your way . .

Marisa

Yea, those were some wacky people on the show last night. It's a tossup who was worse. I think the dad was dreadful too .

Good job on sticking with the afghan. You can do it .

Sabrina

Yep, I love Kitchen Nightmares . I think we saw where Gordon will be launching a new show, but I cant rememebr now what it was It looked good though. He is quite a character .

Howdy to everyone else -

- Linda

Hope you are readng this and are on the mend .

Jude

Good luck on the Picture War . I hope you win !! Whose idea was it to get one ? If it was yours then you win automatically .

Nah - it was hubby's idea - as always.

He's in a great redecorating mode.

My bathroom is next on the list, to include both of the bad ceiling being taken care of...when that's all done he wants me to have a new sink and counter in the kitchen:D:D:D:D

...we're getting older and want to enjoy our house while we can...also, if he decides to stop his part time work we'll be on more of a strict budget, so the time to do this stuff is now.

Bless all ofyou! I am well. I am using the Kindle I bought for Kyri ~ let me tell you about

slow messaging. I spent some time getting K. situated in her new school, then, the realtor

with whom I had been working came up with an apt for Gramma,but we had to sign

papers w/i 10 days. Whirlwind trip followed! I was home for almost 2 wks and it wa time to bring the girls back to HI for our holiday. This is the 1st time I have tried to connect ANYTHING via wireless. It seems to work :) Love to you all!! I'll be home on the 11th. Til then...thank you SOOOOO much for your concern! This method of scroll and click on each letter is slow,so I will catch up properly later.

Bless all ofyou! I am well. I am using the Kindle I bought for Kyri ~ let me tell you about

slow messaging. I spent some time getting K. situated in her new school, then, the realtor

with whom I had been working came up with an apt for Gramma,but we had to sign

papers w/i 10 days. Whirlwind trip followed! I was home for almost 2 wks and it wa time to bring the girls back to HI for our holiday. This is the 1st time I have tried to connect ANYTHING via wireless. It seems to work :) Love to you all!! I'll be home on the 11th. Til then...thank you SOOOOO much for your concern! This method of scroll and click on each letter is slow,so I will catch up properly later.

:yay A post from Dusti!!! So so happy to see this and know that all is well!!!! Enjoy the rest of your time in HI and we'll "see you" when you return---Great day to return--it's my middle DD's 30th!!!:lol

HI all,

I enjoyed my trek to the LYS today! It was so friendly and welcoming and definitely will go back. I ended up buying some yarn and am planning to make something for my DD with it. It's Universal Yarn Cotton Supreme. I also bought a cute little turtle tape measure because I couldn't resist:lol and a bamboo afghan:chook. :hook

Hope that Linda is ok--it's been a few days since she posted :(

Finished my errands and cleaning, and the last load of laundry is on. Now, to figure out what I want to :crocheting

Julie - I agree, the father was dreadful too :yes The son wasn't too bad, but surely did lash out without fair warrant....I guess when the situation keeps building, the dam is going to burst at some point :lol

:yay to see a post from Dusti and so glad to hear she's ok :bounce We'll 'see' you when you get back :hug

Judy, I hope you win with the picture but I'm sure DH will get you another one if you lose.

Joanne, can't wait to hear about your new crochet project.

Hope all is well with everyone else.

Have a good evening all.

Hi Ladies,

Dusti, So good to hear from you. Enjoy Hawaii! We will see you when you get back.

Marisa, Your such a good sister!

Cindy, Glad your relaxing and found some crochet. It's fun wondering how those little ones are thinking.

Judy, Good luck with the picture. I hope the bathroom gets finished soon.

Joanne, I know you enjoyed your dinner date yesterday. Enjoy your weekend!

Julie, Val and Sabrina, Glad things are all okay in your neck of the woods.

We had a fun time working the t-shirt booth. It was still 70 out at 10:00 and working under a tent was HOT.

Today we cooked lunch. We had pork steak baked in mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes w/gravy, corn, cauliflour in cheese sauce and your choice of peanut butter sheet cake or chocolate sheet cake. It was all good. We had crafts tonight but didn't stay as late as usual we were all tired out. I'm going to head to bed shortly. I'll be back tomorrow.

Have a nice sunday everyone!

Linda, :hug

Good morning!

Up early as usual- and think I'll do a little :crocheting before DH gets up. Then it's off to get a new headlight for my car. Noticed late yesterday afternoon when I pulled into the garage that the passenger side headlight wasn't working.

Off for some quiet time with coffee and :crocheting

Sending :hug and good wishes for a good Sunday to you all!!!

Good Morning, House. :) Just waiting for Luke to wake up and then our day begins. :lol Yesterday was lots of fun and the weather was perfect for the park.

Dusti ~ I hope you and the girls are having a wonderful time! :manyheart

Marlene ~ Your meals always sound so yummy - and make me hungry just reading about them. ;)

Valerie ~ So glad to read that you're almost over the ear infection. :)

I'm making baby pancakes with blueberry faces for Luke. Better get busy.

Have a wonderful morning, everyone. :manyheart

'morning, peeps!

Judy, I hope you win with the picture but I'm sure DH will get you another one if you lose.

I convinced DH he would be looking at the picture MORE if it stayed in my office, since my desk chair faces it and he's in there checking stuff on the computer during the day. If it was over his leather sofa in the man cave he would only see it when he walked into the room.

He agreed:D

Good morning!

Up early as usual- and think I'll do a little :crocheting before DH gets up. Then it's off to get a new headlight for my car. Noticed late yesterday afternoon when I pulled into the garage that the passenger side headlight wasn't working.

Off for some quiet time with coffee and :crocheting

Sending :hug and good wishes for a good Sunday to you all!!!

Good thing you saw that! And to actually be able to pull into your garage...THAT amazed me!:lol

Good Morning, House. :) Just waiting for Luke to wake up and then our day begins. :lol Yesterday was lots of fun and the weather was perfect for the park.Sweet!

I'm making baby pancakes with blueberry faces for Luke. Better get busy.

I've made pancakes for DH and used blueberries to make a heart...it gets a smile out of the men...regardless of their age:lol

Have a great day, my friends - CU all later tonight.:hug:manyheart

..oh...I'm on the edging for the RR now. Pic tomorrow!

Good morning all,

Marlene, the description of your food yesterday makes me hungry. I'm glad you had a good time. Enjoy today!

Joanne, Glad you saw the headlight problem. Enjoy your day!

Dusti, Glad you're okay. Hawaii...enjoy!!!

Mary, thanks, baby pancakes sounds delicious. Enjoy the rest of your time with Luke.

Judy, you remind me of my mother in that she always got her way with my dad when she would make him think a final decision was his idea! Enjoy your day!

Have a great day to the rest of the House gang!

Archived