Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning ladies....................

How are you all? I'm pooped.... LOL... busy weekend!

I shared these pics in another thread ... but have to share here too... (proud mommy moment) :D

Michael... my little super hero... who btw has been in remission for going on a whole year now come 21 March 2012 .... got his first PIN in a wrestling tournament this Saturday.

This is Michael PINNING his opponant...

[/url]post-18634-135897742758_thumb.jpg

This is Michael showing credit to his coaches for his first PIN...

post-18634-135897742824_thumb.jpg

This is Michael's coaches....(the two guys in yellow shirts) Notice the one on the right... that would be his big brother.... My High School Wrestler!

post-18634-135897742831_thumb.jpg

Its a cold rainy day here today.... so I'll be staying indoors and trying to get some crocheting done!

I have some laundry too that needs to be tended too... but its all good.

I'm hoping to get some errands done tomorrow... like getting the oil changed in Patricks truck... and stopping at Michael's for a few craft supplies. :D

Okay... off to get a coffee refill and hang out here crocheting with you guys today!

:heart

:mug

Good morning ladies :hi

Well last night I did one of my crochet squares which leaves 3 for me to do before the next clue tomorrow morning at 10am. And I have only 1 of 4 knit squares. So much for catching up by tomorrow :shrug

I'm going out to dinner tonight for Thai food with a friend of Steph's that is also a friend of mine (through my sister :lol ) I also need to make sure all my tax stuff is together since I'm meeting with a new accountant tomorrow afternoon. I met with one when I initially moved here (she came recommended by the attorney I chose to use as my own) but am not sure how I feel about her :think We'll see how this guy is tomorrow. He did a short presentation at a small business class seminar I did with SCORE (nonprofit organization) when I first moved here and I got the feeling that he knew the ins and outs well along with the ways to be most efficient by way of business expenses and such :think But again, we'll see how I feel after meeting with him.

Mary - I bet it feels good to have your cleaning done from yesterday, now for today's errands :D

Judy - You do often gravitate towards those rr's and I agree, probably because you just go :yes How cute for Lucy to have her playdate :manyheart

Julie - I can tend to be a bit speedy with the crochet, but the knitting is like a whole nother story :lol The mystery is I think 15 weeks long but that includes some catch up time, the joining, the bordering and such. So far, tomorrow will only be the 3rd clue and I'm already super far behind on the knitting at an overall for the 2 weeks of 3 squares done of a total 12! :eek Joanne told you how to find the free books on nook and when I go on Fridays for the free one, I usually go on the regular computer and pull up the b/n website and search for 'free friday nook book' and it pops right up :yes I usually always get the book even if it doesn't look like a good one because I share my account with my mom and my sister and one of them may enjoy it. I often forget and get the book on Saturday though :shrug:lol

Linda - Rice pudding :drool That's a great sign and can only mean that you are truly on the mend and feeling a bit better :hug

Tab - We always played outside too, it's amazing how many games you can play with a ROCK! :rofl My neighborhood also had a lot of kids in it like Julies and we often gravitated towards my parents house. As we got older there were many times my parents would wake up to a living room of several older teens sleeping there :lol When we were little, we did have Atari (I still have mine in my parents attic, I keep meaning to pull it out to see if it still works, it did a few years back) but our playing time was limited on it. Although now the games keep running totals and go on forever. Those games always had an end :think Great news on your lil growing Eli :yay I bet you new Jimbo hood is just a dream to work with :clap

Cindy - Are you working again today? I hope your patient is doing ok :hug

Joanne - :yay for craft club and getting help on the color changes...that's always the hardest part for me too :lol

Amy - Have a wonderful Tuesday :hug

Any word from Dusti???

Good Morning ladies....................

How are you all? I'm pooped.... LOL... busy weekend!

I shared these pics in another thread ... but have to share here too... (proud mommy moment) :D

Michael... my little super hero... who btw has been in remission for going on a whole year now come 21 March 2012 .... got his first PIN in a wrestling tournament this Saturday.

This is Michael PINNING his opponant...

[ATTACH]52781[/ATTACH]

This is Michael showing credit to his coaches for his first PIN...

[ATTACH]52782[/ATTACH]

This is Michael's coaches....(the two guys in yellow shirts) Notice the one on the right... that would be his big brother.... My High School Wrestler!

[ATTACH]52783[/ATTACH]

Its a cold rainy day here today.... so I'll be staying indoors and trying to get some crocheting done!

I have some laundry too that needs to be tended too... but its all good.

I'm hoping to get some errands done tomorrow... like getting the oil changed in Patricks truck... and stopping at Michael's for a few craft supplies. :D

Okay... off to get a coffee refill and hang out here crocheting with you guys today!

:heart

:mug

Awesome news all around to share for Michael :clap:yay:cheer:bounce:jumpyay:woo

You definitely deserve to relish in your proud mommy moment :hug

Good morning. The sun is out! Yay! The rice pudding was a little on the crunchy side, probably because I used brown rice instead of white rice, but the flavor was out of this world. Kim scarfed her portion down and so did I. And I had some more for breakfast after a fried egg & cheese sandwich. Last night is the first time in quite a while that I slept without going through alternating chills and sweats. Yay! Was much more restful. I still ache a lot, but even that is improving. My blood pressure is back to normal too, so I'd say I'm definitely on the mend. Got 3 packages ready to mail yesterday. I've got one more to go there.

Today is the last day to preregister for the Spring Sewins and Quilt Expo, so I need to find the pamphlet and figure out what I want to do this time. Rosie and Carol and I are planning to go together on Thursday for shopping and looking, then I'd like to take some classes on Friday and Saturday.

I know it's awfully hard to keep kids from computer and video games now days. It was getting hard when my kids were growing up. What can you do when they are doing stuff on the computers in school? And mine were and that was 25-30 years ago. It's much, much more pervasive now. I do think that they lose out on some things though. It's progress, I guess, but I think some of the basic skills are being lost. A lot of kids look at you as if you are nuts if you give them a bunch of blank paper, pencils, and crayons and tell them to entertain themselves, and yet my kids could draw for hours on end with just that stuff. Their imagination would run wild. Being sent to their rooms which had leggoes, books, and toys certainly wasn't punishment.

Hope everyone has a nice day. :hug :hug :hug

How're your mom and dad doing, Cindy?

Morning Amy. ;)

Good morning all!

I woke up today with a familiar old pain in my big toe. I get gout and the best thing to do is not walk on it. Awww...too bad...I'll have to sit today. Whatever will I do? :hook

Well the DH has had his b'day weekend. The rule around here is the b'day person gets to choose everything from food to TV shows for one whole weekend. With his TV shows that he picked I got a lot of crochet done. If I never hear about the fall of the Roman empire or medieval weaponry again - it'll be too soon. :yawn

Linda - Saw the poor man's pudding you were making. Sounds like a major YUM!

Julie - We've been following the story on the shooter. I think another child died last night. To call that senseless would be the greatest understatement.

Tam - I know you're one proud mama! Awesome kid!

For everyone feeling puny, I sure hope everyone is on the mend!

Taking a break from the afghans today to make some squares. When I make villager I'll be ready for swaps! :clap Yahooty!!!

I hope everyone has a super day!

Linda - Glad to hear that you are getting better every day :hug I can't wait to see what you come up with for the quilt expo.

Sabrina - I guess the upside to gout is getting in some crochet time :devil Wow, the roman empire and medieval weaponry :eek I don't even know if crochet would have kept me up :think:lol

Hi again!

Linda, have fun at that show...whatever you decide to do!

Marisa, DS went back to using our accountant again - double workfor the poor guy because he has tocheck and see what the OTHER guy did to mess up things! Good luck finding a good one:hug

Good morning all!

I woke up today with a familiar old pain in my big toe. I get gout and the best thing to do is not walk on it. Awww...too bad...I'll have to sit today. Whatever will I do? :hook

A friend of ours just got gout for the first time ever - he thought he broke his toe, it hurt so bad! Rest up:hug:hook

Taking a break from the afghans today to make some squares. When I make villager I'll be ready for swaps! :clap Yahooty!!!

I hope everyone has a super day!

Swapping squares is fun! You'll get there before you know it!

Tam, that's such great stuff about Michael! ood to see you hanging around here:hug:hug:hug:hug

A quick hi and bye, Jude ! :)

Mary

Good job on the scarves -- keep up the good work ! Where are you sending them,to a charity group ,or someone you know ?

Hi Tab

Great news on the babe gaining poundage,sounds like he is doing well .He weighs what my oldest boy weighed at BIRTH . NATURAL childbirth, BREATHE and it won't HURT .

May I just say !@#$%%^^^&%$#@ ??

Good news on your weight loss. It'll come off ,you'll be back to your old self in no time .

Tam

So very good to hear from you,and I dont blame you a bit for being a proud mom. You certainly have some wonderful sons there, no doubt about it .

I'm glad to hear from you and it sounds like you are getting back to your old self ,which is great .

Hi Marisa

I wouldnt worry too much about the being behind on the knit squares. I think knitting is slower ,at least most people I have heard of who do both ,say it takes longer to knit an item than crochet it,so you will get it all done. If it's not for a specific person or holiday present ,then you dont have a deadline .

Good luck with your tax filing and accountant. Hope it goes well for you .

I'll make sure and hunt those Nook books up after I get mine. I'm not sure when I'll get it. Either Sam will go over there or maybe his friend will bring it here ,probably not til the weekend ,I'd guess . So, I have a few more days to wait on it,but that's ok .

Oh, and I dont think anyone has heard from Dusti ... Maybe I'll try PM'ing her or sending an email if it's available on her profile page .

Linda

So good to hear you are feeling better . Sounds like your pudding was quite a success . Kim will be wanting you to make it again now .

Hope you have a good time at your quilting event with your friends .

Sabrina

My husband just got gout last summer. He's not one to complain much,but he says that hurts REALLY bad when it goes haywire . Are you taking anything for it ,or do you just put up with it til it goes away again ?

That was so funny when you said the birthday person gets to pick the tv shows . I can imagine what WE'd be watching if that happened here . Luckily, Sam isnt much of a tv watcher,so he doesnt care WHAT is on,but if he were choosing, he'd probably pick reruns of Mash which I think we've seen 127 times each .

Sounds as if you are excited to make enough posts to get to join in on the swaps. Come in here and YAK a whole bunch and you'll have the numbers add up quickly. Look how many I have !! GEEZ LOUISE ..what a YAKKER I am ...:D

And yes, the school shooting in our general area had another boy die during the night. They said on one news channel that a 3rd boy was Extremely Critical, so it sounds pretty scarey for him too . So sad for everyone involved .Update -- 3rd boy pronounced dead also . I think all 4 of the boys were very seriously injured They were all sitting together at the table right next to this boy .

Not sure where the girl was or how she was involved,but she was in another room of the school and was in stable condition when they took her in,although she did have some type of surgery yesterday .They are keeping info to a minimum . Maybe more will come out at a later point as to why these kids were targeted .

Hi gang

Quick update

I just sent Dusti a Pm plus an EM .. I looked and her last post was Dec 23rd . They were packing to go to her parents to visit,then would be leaving the girls there to stay for a short vacation ,then would be picking them back up .

Sure hope all is ok. Maybe she just got really busy with the holidays and I know they had that business with the school causing some grief,so maybe between all that, she just hasnt been in the mood to drop in .

I know I tend to do that myself, if lots of stuff piles up, I drop off the planet myself.

Maybe they would be in Hawaii right now too . Does anyone remember what time of year they go there to stay ? I know it's for a few months and we usually dont hear from her when they are there,so maybe thats where they are now.

I'll let you know if I hear from her .

Judy - I pretty much did my own taxes, but want to have a professional do them and then I'll see how I did :lol Plus, I need to build a relationship with somebody and find one I trust :yes

Julie - I was thinking that too about Dusti, I couldn't remember when they go to Hawaii and then I also remember she was having trouble with the girls school right around her last visit here too :(

Well, here's a pic of my knit square for clue 2. I took one of both sides and can't remember which is the right side and they do look different :lol

post-36814-135897742853_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897742858_thumb.jpg

Also, I got a present from Phyllis today! :yay

Well, I knew something was coming and the mailman put a slip in my mailbox yesterday that I could pick it up at the PO today and marked on it that the business was closed :think But, I wasn't at the usual mail time which is pushing 2 and I was here from about 11-6:60 yesterday :shrug

So, I got it today and it is soooo cute!!!! I've decided to name her Gretta :yes

Thanks again Phyllis :hug

post-36814-135897742863_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897742867_thumb.jpg

Marisa

Sure wish I could help you to tell which side is which . I tried enlarging them ,but still can't tell .

I love the yarn,so interesting the way it is coming out with the variegated . What other colors do you have to go with it ?

THAT must have been what Joanne was talking about ,huh ?

Very cute and I love all the multi-colors. Jude will love it too since she likes lots of bright colors .

Hi Ladies,

Julie, I sent off an email to her last week and haven't heard back. It's either Feb. or March they go to Hawaii. I hope she's in Hawaii have a wonderful time with her family.

Linda, Glad your feeling better. Your rice pudding sounds yummy, I haven't had it in years.

Tab, Elijah is just a growing boy. Congrats on your weight loss. I think kids should be outside playing and limited to the time they are on computers and the electronic games. My kids didn't have any until they were in high school. Growing up we had to play outside. They forced me outside. I didn't like playing outside. I wanted to be off by myself. Might of been from being the oldest of eight kids.

How does the hook feel? Is it light weight?

Marisa, Good luck catching up in the kal and cal group. Hope the tax person works out for you.

Joanne, Yah for getting help setting your colors up for your ghan.

Tam, Awesome news about Michael! You have lots of reasons to be a proud mommy. Nice to have you hanging out again.

Sabrina, Hope the gout don't last to long. My brother had it in his hands over Christmas. Not sure how long it lasted.

Val, Hope your feeling better!

Amy, Have you been able to get any more done on your sisters ghan?

Cindy, Hope your home before the storm hits and that you'll have tomorrow off so you don't have to go out in it. My sister is on her way home from Texas she was visiting her son (we didn't get to see each other) and were hoping she gets there before the storm hits. I reminded her DD is on her way home and she said she has a friend in Battle Creek so she can call either one if she needs to.

Mary, I hope the weather stays nice to.

Judy, Yah for play dates for are pets to. And naps to.

I talked to Maya this morning she read me a book. Grandpa said last week she's reading books to hard for her and I said no she's not. She is being challenged and that is a good thing. She isn't complaining either. Her sister is in classes above her age.

It's nice here so I'm going to go sit outside and crochet. The spiral is coming right along.

Have a good day and I'll catch you all later.

Judy - I pretty much did my own taxes, but want to have a professional do them and then I'll see how I did :lol Plus, I need to build a relationship with somebody and find one I trust :yes

Julie - I was thinking that too about Dusti, I couldn't remember when they go to Hawaii and then I also remember she was having trouble with the girls school right around her last visit here too :(

Well, here's a pic of my knit square for clue 2. I took one of both sides and can't remember which is the right side and they do look different :lol

If I remember right it's in late January and into February that they go to Hawaii. I think it's for 3-4 weeks. With the new school starting right after the holidays and then Hawaii, that would pretty much knock out this year so far. At least I'm hoping that's what is going on.

Once you've finished with a knitted square it can really tough to tell which is front and back if there's no special design to go by. Both are pretty, so just pick whichever one you like best. :lol

Also, I got a present from Phyllis today! :yay

Well, I knew something was coming and the mailman put a slip in my mailbox yesterday that I could pick it up at the PO today and marked on it that the business was closed :think But, I wasn't at the usual mail time which is pushing 2 and I was here from about 11-6:60 yesterday :shrug

So, I got it today and it is soooo cute!!!! I've decided to name her Gretta :yes

Thanks again Phyllis :hug

That's adorable! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap

John just left to take Kim to the doctor's office. She's a bit wobbly and so am I, so thought it would be safer on the whole if he took her. He hasn't had to do it very often since I started doing it and I'd rather be safe than sorry. He agreed.

I think the picture on the left is the right side. If you look at it the v's are on this side and the other pic they are different. I would make the one on the left the right side and mark one of the stitches. Hope that helps.

Gretta is cute!

I think the picture on the left is the right side. If you look at it the v's are on this side and the other pic they are different. I would make the one on the left the right side and mark one of the stitches. Hope that helps.

Gretta is cute!

Thanks for the input. Both sides are different. It's one row of all knit and then one row alternating 'knit 1 below' and purl. I like the look on both sides, but they are different. And according to the pattern it's the all knit row that's the right side so I'll pay attention to the next square since I still have 3 more to make :lol

Marlene

Good to hear from you . I agree, it will be good for Maya to read harder books. Kids who like reading also seem to like harder books so they can advance into even thicker books .At least thats what I liked to do when I was a kid .

Enjoy that warm weather !

Linda

Yea, it was probably wise to let John take Kim today since you have been sick .

Not sure about Dusti --we'll see if we hear from her soon . I sure hope all is ok .

Marisa, I met Gretta in person last week....she IS gorgeous!! You can talk to her and she'll never repeat a word to anyone:lol:lol:lol:lol

That's what I thought.

Marlene, reading above your grade is always a good idea...I always did and it was so exciting for me when I explored my local library! I can still see the packed shelves in my mind's eye....

Linda, Good idea to let John take Kim. I'll be very interested to hear if she behaved for him:lol

'nite, all:hug:manyheart

Hi all,

It was a very loooooong day in Paradise!! I've read through all posts and am just going to comment on a few things before shutting off the computer

I've been thinking of Dusti- and hope she and her family are basking in the sun in Hawaii.

Marisa--I've met Gretta in person too!! Isn't she just the cutest?

Linda- Smart thinking to let John take Kim. Good luck with deciding what you are going to do with the quilt show---sounds like so much fun and I know you really enjoy attending the classes!

Tab- Eli is growing!! And you are losing!!! Win-Win!!!!!

Cindy,Marlene, Maya, Julie, Sabrina, Amy, Tam, and all----I'm off for the night and I'll see you in the AM:hug:hug

Morning folks

Cindy

Thanks for telling me about the different Nooks . I know the Kindle pretty well since I have had 2, the first one being the white one with the keyboard .I think itwas # 2 ? I've lost track,they have made so many different ones . I now have the one made after that ,the charcoal grey with a keyboard (slightly smaller and lighter) (I have that one too),then the Fire which I really like a lot . I've never had a broken one,but have contacted Amazon with questions a few times and they are great in helping you out. I've also heard lots of people whose kindles have gotten damaged and they are replaced free of charge and very quickly.

I'm not as familiar with the Nook . I'm excited to have one and see what it's like. It's the touch but not color. So far, I've been looking at the BN website,and the only thing I notice is how slow moving it is. I'm not sure why ,unless it's because of the bigger pictures of the books .

I'm still looking for an area that lists all their free Nook books, but havent found it yet . I'll keep looking today. I did find a few different books that I didnt find on amazon for my Nook when I get it ,so maybe I'll get a nicer selection of books this way,

To everyone else-- howdy and hope you have a great day .:)

Julie, they don't list their free books like Amazon does. You can search for them though,

Here is the result of a search that I did putting in the word " free" and searching Nookbooks. Of course I also got books with free in the title or in the authors name. You can also search using 0.00 and Nookbooks.

Here is a blog that lists newly offered free books.

Barnes and Noble also have a forum area, and there is a long running free book thread there as well. It shows up under book discussion.

We also have one of the gray Kindles with keyboard.

Hello everyone. Ended up working 12 hours today. The first 8 went well, but the last four were very busy, mostly because my patients dialysis system needed replacing and I encountered some technical difficulties setting another one up. I did finally manage to get a new one working, but it took 3 hours. Nothing really stressful, just extremely annoying. Luckily I am now off for two days.

We are supposed to get freezing rain and snow tonight. I don't mind snow, but I do mind ice, especially since dd is working.

Joanne, thanks for mentioning the Ravelry Nook group. I'll ahve to check it out. Glad you enjoyed craft club last night. Looking forward to seeing your progress on the afghan.

Hi Amy and Mary.

Linda, have you figured out what classes you are signing up for? Hope you are feeling a bit better today, even if you are a little wobbly. Sounds like having John take Kim to the doctor was a good decision.

Val? Are you still sick? (hope not....)

Judy, sounds like the play tired Lucy out!

Tam, good to see you here again. Congrats to Michael!!

Tab, congrats on your weight loss and Eli's weight gain. Sounds like you are both doing well.

Marisa, hope the new accountant works out. Good luck with all those squares. I really like your knit square, both sides look good to me. Also Gretta is tooo cute!!

Sabrina, Ouch!! Gout is not fun. Hope this attack passes soon. I have to make sure my dh doesn't see your birthday rules. I don;t think I could spend a whole weekend watching his shows!!

Julie, I've been wondering about Dusti too. Seems like last year she went to Hawaii in February.

It is very sad about those kids from the school shooting. My heart goes out to their families, and the community. It's such a hard thing to deal with.

Marlene, they changed the storm warning time to after midnight instead of starting this evening, so hopefully your sister will miss it. Sounds like you are enjoying good weather at the moment. I be Maya really misses you, Skype is nice, but not as good as being there!

Good morning! Happy Hump Day--and in Cindy's case- a day off!

I worked a little on the afghan last night- and then called it a night!

Cindy- thanks for the link to the B&N forum- I had forgotten about that! And I just saved that blog to my favs- will look at it tonight!!! :)

We're supposed to get rain here today- but so far so good- and no rain yet..it is better than snow or ice, so no complaints here!

Hope you all have a good day- and I'll catch you on the flip side!:hug

Morning all

Cindy

Thank you for the links on the Nook books. I have put them all in favorites so I can go through them for ideas .

Sounds like you had a long day yesterday. I'm glad you get 2 days off to rest.

It is POURING rain here this morning ,lightning anf thunder ... gonna be an ugly day I think .

Hope you dont get the freezing rain . That stuff is scarey .

Joanne

sure hope you got rested up last night. Youve had some long days . Are you gonna get to take any vacation time soon to give you a little break ?

I know when Sam had that long project at work where they were changing up their shipping system and he had to get all the computers in the building to be working correctly with it, he had months on end of late nights, some Saturdays, they called him at home several times . It went on for about 9 months til they got all the kinks worked out . He got really worn out with it too .

Hello to everyone else -- hope you all have a good day .

Good morning to everyone!! It is going to be a stormy day here so I will be staying inside.

For those who have asked.. i am still working on my sisters afghan and I am having fun with it!! It is going to be very big. Way taller than she is. OOPPSSS. HAHA. She will love it though. It may take me a little longer than I thought.

I hope everyone has a great day. Be safe out there if its stormy where you are today.

Archived